• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Assault Service Star 13. Engineer Service Star 12...and so today I started playing Support for the first time. It's nice having a larger clip as I can take out 2-3 people before reloading...while Engineer is more like 1 and Assault is 2 at best. Don't think I like it as much as those other 2 classes though. I'll chug through up to Service Star 10 or so and then I'll check out Recon.

Spl1nter

Assault Service Star 13. Engineer Service Star 12...and so today I started playing Support for the first time. It's nice having a larger clip as I can take out 2-3 people before reloading...while Engineer is more like 1 and Assault is 2 at best. Don't think I like it as much as those other 2 classes though. I'll chug through up to Service Star 10 or so and then I'll check out Recon.

Holy shit man. How many hours you have played already?

scogoth

Are you metro only?

Pennybags

What idiot told you that?

Ok it kinda was me but I said it's possible it works that way since I got the update by downloading the B2K expansion.

Anyone else more informed about this?

I haven't downloaded B2K on the xbox version, but if it's anything like the situation on PC or even Vietnam on BC2 Xbox, the big update contains the expansion content but doesn't allow you to play it without verification.

Edit: Whoah... I just responded to an old ass non-refreshed page.

Facism

hoping for a few original maps as well as some BC2 maps. thi sis the only game i'm ever going to consider paid dlc for the forseeable future.

Zeppelin

Time to play some Rush. Need to arm 5 more MCOMS for a weapon unlock. sigh. I fucking hate Rush.

Was playing some Rush tonight. I don't find it particularly enjoyable but it gets less painful while rolling with a squad. It's really retarded to force people to play game modes they don't necessarily care for in order to unlock weapons. Having to win SQDM games with the help of a bunch of randoms is just torture.

The MCOM defender/attacker ribbons are pretty tough, by the way. I'm never gonna get the medals for them.

i dunno what that has to do with anything, i've been asking for double assault since the BC2 beta!

Because CQ Assault on consoles seemed gimped compared to PC, particularly Wake Island. I've only seen console players complain about the mode.

Conquest Assault would be 10x more enjoyable if you lost the ability to spawn on Squad Members once you lost your last flag like BF2.

You can't? I don't think I've ever been on the shut-out losing side of CQ Assault in BF3.

Wthermans

Banned
Because CQ Assault on consoles seemed gimped compared to PC, particularly Wake Island. I've only seen console players complain about the mode.

You can't? I don't think I've ever been on the shut-out losing side of CQ Assault in BF3.

You can still spawn on Squad Members as RU if US caps all points on Karkand/Wake. US can still spawn on squad members if RU caps all points on Sharqi. It becomes a PITA to end stomps because ticket bleed doesn't happen fast enough like BF2 and there's no Commander to spot the last survivors. You end up with matches that are artificially long and just lead to frustration for the losing team.

Conquest Assault would be 10x more enjoyable if you lost the ability to spawn on Squad Members once you lost your last flag like BF2.
hrm, i dunno if that would help or hinder... people tend to start bailing when they can't spawn...

with Wake Island, the problem isn't the mode, the problem is CQ on that map on console has 3 flags instead of 5 and 1/3 of the island is out of bounds for the defenders and everyone is like "what the fuck DICE, we played the whole island in BF 1943, what the fuck is this?!"

scogoth

hrm, i dunno if that would help or hinder... people tend to start bailing when they can't spawn...

with Wake Island, the problem isn't the mode, the problem is CQ on that map on console has 3 flags instead of 5 and 1/3 of the island is out of bounds for the defenders and everyone is like "what the fuck DICE, we played the whole island in BF 1943, what the fuck is this?!"

Wake was significantly smaller in 1943 than in BF3, if they opened up the whole map with only 24 players you wouldn't find any one. So choose your gimp, half the island or shrink the entire island down.

Wthermans

Banned

Honestly I'm kinda torn on it. If we had a Commander that could spam-spot like in BF2 to find the last survivors, it would end the stomp rounds a lot faster than the current "cap all flags, post defenders at each one and wait for people to die/flags to flash". Given the lack of Commander though, you could easily have a single player camp in a corner of the map without anyone ever finding them which would lead to longer rounds. I just hate having 5-6 people alive who can all reform squads in order to keep the game going artificially. Yeah you can form some sort of comeback from it, but those matches are few and far between and end up just delaying the inevitable.

Wake was significantly smaller in 1943 than in BF3, if they opened up the whole map with only 24 players you wouldn't find any one. So choose your gimp, half the island or shrink the entire island down.

it wasn't significantly smaller! not only that, there are already bigger maps in the game! and they could have both versions!

mrgone

Hey, so I've just played in 4 games in a row where I've been on the losing side by more than 300 tickets. What the fuck is going on with this game that it gets so unbalanced so regularly? Jesus christ I just want to punch everything.

U2NUMB

Hey, so I've just played in 4 games in a row where I've been on the losing side by more than 300 tickets. What the fuck is going on with this game that it gets so unbalanced so regularly? Jesus christ I just want to punch everything.

That happens in all shooters. You may have run into a group of 4+ friends who are working together and you are stuck with scrubs who are not working together.

After 2 games like that you should find another server. All games have rounds where the odds are against you big time.

Wizman23

Banned
Dumb question. Just built my first gaming PC and picked up BF3. Do I have to pay for the expansion pack? I keep trying to join a quick match and it says I need to download the expansion. It was free on the Xbox version I have but I also got the limited version of that on launch.

Seanspeed

Banned
That happens in all shooters. You may have run into a group of 4+ friends who are working together and you are stuck with scrubs who are not working together.
Call of Duty shuffles players each match. Kinda wish Battlefield would do the same so I didn't have to quit out(which takes forever).

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
DLC next week?

Nice I wonder what it'll be. I would like new maps and not remakes of previous maps.

Effect

The randomizing of teams every two matches at least is really a must to keep things fair. I do wish more PC servers had this setup right from the start. Sucks that you don't even have this option on the consoles.

Wthermans

Banned
The randomizing of teams every two matches at least is really a must to keep things fair. I do wish more PC servers had this setup right from the start. Sucks that you don't even have this option on the consoles.

I enjoy it when I'm pubbing alone, but when you're with a group of guys, it's extremely frustrating to have to reform your squad every other round. Especially since 1 guys ends up getting the short stick and getting team swapped.

Spl1nter

I enjoy it when I'm pubbing alone, but when you're with a group of guys, it's extremely frustrating to have to reform your squad every other round. Especially since 1 guys ends up getting the short stick and getting team swapped.

The better plugins swap individuals and than entire squads, ensuring squads stay intact. They also do it by overall spm which is a better inductor than round score or spm.

Wthermans

Banned
The better plugins swap individuals and than entire squads, ensuring squads stay intact. They also do it by overall spm which is a better inductor than round score or spm.

Yeah I've seen some that will switch full squads. Even though I normally play with 15-20 people a night, it's far more enjoyable to keep squads intact than break it up.

Especially since DICE apparently forgot how to allow more than 8 squads per team. Really amazed they still haven't allowed more squads than 8 when even BC2 had that functionality. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to get everyone into a squad on a 64 player server only to find out some moron has joined a squad by themselves and locked it thereby leaving 3 people with no way to squad up.

Wthermans

Banned
Found this pretty sweet tutorial on how to fly the Little Bird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjdTrv6F_vc&feature=youtu.be

It's a bit slow at first but it takes off... Not to self: dodge locks by hiding in warehouse.

Very impressive. I think the Little Bird/Z-11 are my favorite choppers. I really wish more Conquest Large maps had them instead of the transport chopper. The only thing I hate about them is it's really easy to get shot out of the cockpit.

Support or Engineer????

I keep switching. I want to just stick to one.

I mostly play conquest. Also when your vehicle has been locked onto, what do you do? Dive, climb, roll?

If you have been locked onto and your in a heli, its pretty much dead to rights right?

Wthermans

Banned
Support or Engineer????

I keep switching. I want to just stick to one.

I mostly play conquest. Also when your vehicle has been locked onto, what do you do? Dive, climb, roll?

If you have been locked onto and your in a heli, its pretty much dead to rights right?

Engineer IMO.

I run ECM as pilot (Flares as gunner) and will pop ECM as soon as someone's trying to lock me. Then I'll bug out by flying through trees/around buildings/etc until ECM comes back up and/or lock is gone.

Violater

I cant sign into multiplayer, it just freezes up when I click on the selection.
Any ideas?

So now I try to go into SP player for 10 seconds than boots me out saying connection to EA online lost seriously WTF

redhot_

Honestly this game is too ez. People are so bad at this game that it is hilarious.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/19449444/1/173466410/

I basically won the round for my entire team. Love those 1-0 ticket wins.

I hate playing alone. Game is too frustrating

Wow, there were some high ranks on the other team to..

When i play on ps3 i always seem to get into rooms with people not even over rank 20(ON MY TEAM!!! lol), and i'm Colonel 21. Sometimes if you just sit back and watch what people do in this game, magic happens hahaha.

In all honesty i got a theory that a particular FPS game ruined how people play them all together and have spawned a horrible race of gamers.

Hyunkel6

9 hours into the MP, and I finally got the MVP achievement with ~8000 pts. I had no idea you get so much points for planting and then successfully defending the bomb. It's very refreshing to see a FPS handsomely rewarding the player for going for the objective.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
9 hours into the MP, and I finally got the MVP achievement with ~8000 pts. I had no idea you get so much points for planting and then successfully defending the bomb. It's very refreshing to see a FPS handsomely rewarding the player for going for the objective.

Sadly, more people need to realise this!

Avinexus

Zeppelin

I must honestly say that I think the game does an excellent job of awarding you for doing the right thing.

Seanspeed

Banned
I must honestly say that I think the game does an excellent job of awarding you for doing the right thing.

Compared to most games, yes.

Playing Conquest, I still find myself hanging back and defending a spot a fair bit, since nobody else does. Too many times, everybody just rushes off and a single person can run up and capture our point without any resistance at all. I dont get many points for this, but I get satisfaction knowing I'm helping maintain our capture points.

Playing Conquest, I still find myself hanging back and defending a spot a fair bit, since nobody else does. Too many times, everybody just rushes off and a single person can run up and capture our point without any resistance at all. I dont get many points for this, but I get satisfaction knowing I'm helping maintain our capture points.

yeah, this. there's definite room for improvement! just because you're better than everyone else, doesn't mean you should rest on that!

Zeppelin

Sure, there is a problem with that. Flag defends could be worth more. It's a fine line though, you don't wanna end up with a game that awards defence too much.

Top Bottom