• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Wthermans

Banned
Personally I hate hardcore because gun balance gets completely screwed up. Weapons are balanced on TTK and lowering player health throws that out of wack. It removes the reliance on accuracy. If you can pull off headshots consecutively in Vanilla BF3, you are rewarded by a lower TTK. That's not the case in hardcore as headshots count the same as a bodyshot with any other high damage weapon. It's like this in both COD and BF.

Zeppelin

Looks like we're not getting anything this week. Can't say I have that much of an urge for new content just yet but a patch would be sweet.

Seanspeed

Banned
Personally I hate hardcore because gun balance gets completely screwed up. Weapons are balanced on TTK and lowering player health throws that out of wack.
But it also makes guns that aren't very good in normal mode more viable choices since you dont need to worry about your enemy getting away after pumping a couple shots into them.

If anything I find Hardcore a little light on hardcoreness: minimap should be gone; it says no killcam but I still see it all the time (glitch? PS3 here); and I don't think the "your killer" screen has any place in the mode either - just dump to the spawn screen at death.

Otherwise Hardcore is fantastic. No health regen and 60% base health (in theory) means a slower, quieter, less-chaotic, more deliberate game - exactly what I'm looking for. I play the game with headphones and with the volume blasting, you see. Moments where no one is shooting can be more intense than run-&-gun-explosions-everywhere-killzone 2 type rounds. I get off on the approach more than the gunfight. More Far Cry 2 and Operation Flashpoint than COD if you will. Hardcore kinda sorta offers a bit of that.

Whoever at DICE came up with "Win 5 rounds of SQDM" to get the L85A2, should be drawn and quartered..

Fuck this shit. It's a chore to do it only with random dudes.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Whoever at DICE came up with "Win 5 rounds of SQDM" to get the L85A2, should be drawn and quartered..

Fuck this shit. It's a chore to do it only with random dudes.

20 minute solution: find a 2 kills to win server. Rounds last 30-45 seconds. Plus you get some points for each victory and loss. And if you are lucky and its one map only, they load fast too.

Arucardo

You know what, I'd be totally happy to pay this time for more BF2 remakes. The B2K maps are so much better than any of the stock BF3 maps it's not even funny.

I really think DICE is dropping the ball on the community for this game, no announcements, hints, patches, in what seems like a really long time. If they lose community interest in the game they are going to lose $ on the dlc. Seems like they have already moved on from this iteration of the franchise

I really think DICE is dropping the ball on the community for this game, no announcements, hints, patches, in what seems like a really long time. If they lose community interest in the game they are going to lose $ on the dlc. Seems like they have already moved on from this iteration of the franchise

I'm not sure why you feel they have moved on from the franchise.

Remember DICE likes multiplayer EXPANSIONS, not just new maps.

3X0CW.jpg

bahahahahaha! :D

:/

Gui_PT

Ok I'm on the 360 and I need those 5 Squad DM wins for the assignment.

Anyone want to team up later today? I refuse to try this with randoms.

U2NUMB

So much for Battlefield 3's super aggressive DLC support.

New DLC needs to come out in the spring.

It is pretty amazing how they have dropped the ball with DLC. No idea why we have not heard some info on the next 1 or even 2 packs. It should be releasing right now.

Going by their official forums they are really upsetting the player base and need to step up ASAP with more than a bit of info.

Who is to blame with this? EA or DICE?

Zeppelin

Can't say I think Battlefield is a very e-sports friendly game. Too much randomness and chaos for that. It's the perfect casual multiplayer game in my book. I do however agree that a some sort of demo function is essential if you want your game to even have a chance of reaching e-sport 'status' (this has pretty much been true for the past decade). Anyway, what does the competitive scene look like? 8v8? Anyone streaming their games?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't say I think Battlefield is a very e-sports friendly game. Too much randomness and chaos for that. It's the perfect casual multiplayer game in my book. I do however agree that a some sort of demo function is essential if you want your game to even have a chance of reaching e-sport 'status' (this has pretty much been true for the past decade). Anyway, what does the competitive scene look like? 8v8? Anyone streaming their games?

Except we're not looking to make BF3 competitive (>implying BF3 is balanced, currently anyway), we're looking to make it have features it had/competition has had for two+ years now.

The fact that I can't take screenshots of action in BC2 PS3 but could in BC1 PS3 is crazy. The fact that I can't record games and take shots/videos of the action/moments in BF3 despite them promising/"looking into" it during the run-up is stupid and sad. If Infinity Ward can cram a "theater" a la Halo 3 mode into CoD8, why can't DICE?

mr_nothin

Banned
Except we're not looking to make BF3 competitive (>implying BF3 is balanced, currently anyway), we're looking to make it have features it had/competition has had for two+ years now.

The fact that I can't take screenshots of action in BC2 PS3 but could in BC1 PS3 is crazy. The fact that I can't record games and take shots/videos of the action/moments in BF3 despite them promising/"looking into" it during the run-up is stupid and sad. If Infinity Ward can cram a "theater" a la Halo 3 mode into CoD8, why can't DICE?

Diff engines, diff requirements, memory issues and all that jazz (at least when it comes to consoles). No excuse not to have it for pc though.

Zeppelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRbZpzfNwpM

rivaLxfactor seems to be the biggest pro BF3 player on youtube. Here's an 8v8. Not too much else from what I can tell.

Looked decent enough. Having 8 players in the same voice chat sound like a fucking nightmare but I guess they get used to it after a while. I love the names they've given to some of the areas on Bazaar (rugs, gold etc.); reminds me of the good old Counter-Strike days. And that jihad jeep was pretty sweet!

The guy in the post I quoted was arguing from an e-sport perspective. I want a demo feature as well, just not for the same reasons as that guy.

Deadly

Certainly true with every game but all my friends who have never posted on their forums are starting to get a bit annoyed because they want more content or at least info.
Oh yeah definitely, I'm not arguing about that. Most of my friends have took a break from BF3 too

Ocho

Hello people!

So, I've been avoiding BF3 since I think that game should be played on a PC, however I don't see myself getting a decent desktop PC anytime soon to play the game.

Lately, my urges are getting too extreme to handle and I feel the need to get myself some tank/helicopter/jet action.

Is it worth it on consoles? How's the good ol' PS3 community? This time around, I can go 360 or PS3. Which version is better?

I've missed some of you. BFBC2 forever!

U2NUMB

Hello people!

So, I've been avoiding BF3 since I think that game should be played on a PC, however I don't see myself getting a decent desktop PC anytime soon to play the game.

Lately, my urges are getting too extreme to handle and I fell the need to get myself some tank/helicopter/jet action.

Is it worth it on consoles? How's the good ol' PS3 community? This time around, I can go 360 or PS3. Which version is better?

Depends on where your friends play. I have both copies.. played most of my time on the 360 due to my friends being on that system but they are both very fun and solid games. What tips it for me is party chat plus the input lag which is a bit annoying on the PS3. Controls are super smooth on the 360.

But if PS3 is your system of choice the game runs very well on it from what I have seen in my first 5 hours on that platform.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hello people!

Lately, my urges are getting too extreme to handle and I feel the need to get myself some tank/helicopter/jet action.

I'm having a blast on the 360 version.

Facism

Daily. Spuit occasionally joins me, Zulustar also still plays and I've seen Yaska around once or twice last week.

i'm going to have to send you boys friend requests. I'm euro gaf too and i'm on daily. Anyhow if you see a request from Live_Feed1982, that's me.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Not sure if it would be balanced, but pro Rush mode would be pretty fun to watch.

Never had a problem with the kits before, but today my primary weapons keep getting jumbled between games on Engineer and Support. Really annoying when you respawn without checking your setups. I don't understand how it happens, you'd think something as simple as that would be easily free of glitches.

Spl1nter

anyone who doesnt think the kh2002 is the best assault weapon is fooling themselves.

They are only fooling themselves into thinking its the best when its not because of the jamming bug which makes it extremely inconsistent and therefore useless for any high skilled player.

scogoth

They are only fooling themselves into thinking its the best when its not because of the jamming bug which makes it extremely inconsistent and therefore useless for any high skilled player.

I think its pretty obvious that the M9 Suppressed is the best weapon in the game. Its even better then the Viper's 20mm gatling gun.

Top Bottom