• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Donos

I'll try to hop in your gunnerseat if I see you're playing.

youarealreadydead.jpg , no seriously i will try it in an empty server like i did with Jet and gamepad. Crashing the Heli at the base in a full 64p game will only bring me rage and a admin "noob" kick :)

Have to dig out the changelog for this patch. 1.4 GB is quite something.

Deadbeat

Banned
tanks have been hit hard apparently. Takes ages to repair a tank from 20% to 100%...
Excellent. No need for the repair tool anymore. I can play an area denial loadout (stinger and mines).

Did they buff the flak resistence perk yet? It was a while ago they mentioned something about it but it would be really nice.

Feature

Banned
I'm okay with this. Heaven forbid if pilots actually have to perform some evasive flying. These two helicopters flew straight into the battlefield at the perfect range and altitude for stingers. So fuck them. I feast on their tears.

how can you evade 2 rockets when you only have 1 flare?

mandiller

Can anyone tell me if the spawn points have names and if you can actually click on them on the map to choose where you want to spawn. That's the only thing I want patched in really.

how can you evade 2 rockets when you only have 1 flare?

lol. By flying....??? This whole mindset of flares being the instant, cure-all solution for missiles and stingers is going to have to change.

Pre-patch, on maps without AA tanks, choppers dominated the map with impunity. Infantry couldn't do shit. I'm glad to see this change.

Can anyone tell me if the spawn points have names and if you can actually click on them on the map to choose where you want to spawn. That's the only thing I want patched in really.

Not sure if you can click on them, but YES, they are identified on the minimap! DICE...YOU DID IT! YOU DID A GOOD THING!

For those who have the patch, what practical difference is there between the ECM and flares now (is there any)? Having two abilities that were basically the same only one was crap was yet another obvious bad idea in the game, so I can't blame them for "fixing" that. Does the ECM still break lock or is it exactly the same as flares now?

The changes sound interesting, and to be honest the only way people ever shot me down before was due to the whole missiles going through countermeasures/instant kill of pilot on hit bug anyway (which better have been bleeding fixed, as well as the suicide TV missile bug that I doubt will ever be fixed). The only thing I'll miss is breaking lock at will as that lead to lots of interesting chopper battle tactics.

DTKT

So out of everything in the patch what do you guys feel are major game changers? Seems like the MAV nerf is one.

Heh. That's irrelevant. The MAV is a gimmick, not a cornerstone of the BF series.

So far, the biggest change is the recoil for all the weapons. It's like starting over. :|

Donos

rXr9a.jpg

:(

also 10 seconds in and the game freezes. first time in BF3

J-Rock

Banned
Heh. That's irrelevant. The MAV is a gimmick, not a cornerstone of the BF series.

So far, the biggest change is the recoil for all the weapons. It's like starting over. :|

Well, I mainly brought it up because I've seen lots of MAV abuse lately. It may not have a huge effect but I do think there will be a noticeable effect while playing. So many people get shot in the back while trying to fight that thing off.

But yeah, recoil is huge.

kuYuri

I saw the patch notes and it says it allows disabling of AA on PS3 to reduce input lag, I'm curious, does anyone know if it actually does?

I saw the patch notes and it says it allows disabling of AA on PS3 to reduce input lag, I'm curious, does anyone know if it actually does?

From a vid I watched on youtube, the commentator said it helped a ton.

Moving out of prone is much more fluid now, that's awesome. It was so clunky pre-patch.

Game seems faster, overall. Haven't had enough time to play it, but hope it's not a bad thing.

Donos

second freeze in 5 minutes now. I don't know if it's because of my new joystick or the patch but BF3 never froze before. Fuck that.

>>>>> And holy shit jet and heli are sooo god with stick. <<<<<< even Pad is nothing against stick (couldn't fly heli with DS3 properly). daaaamn.

So you can can't get kills with the MAV anymore without blowing it up? Lame.

just gotta have a friendly support nearby. 1 kill per MAV sounds more than fair. some people wanted MAV kills completely gone!

it does. and even with AA on, i swear it feels better than before.

People complaining about the MAV nerf? Cry me a fucking river.

and the most important thing (for most people) still isn't nerfed properly!

scogoth

Is this legit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYQiSG-71c

Heatseekers completely broken after the patch.

Nope. Been killed by heatseekers so. Maybe they found a glitch

So out of everything in the patch what do you guys feel are major game changers? Seems like the MAV nerf is one.

Everything is blurry as fuck with increased suppression.
Guns feel like laser cannons now with decreased recoil and you can hit people without needing to worry about aiming or compensating for recoil.
For some reason dice decided that some guns attachments should randomly change when you die and equip the flashlight.

People complaining about the MAV nerf? Cry me a fucking river.

Where you want your river? And you can still MAV ride, you just need to prone now.

akira28

Yeah, seriously, screw the MAV. People complaining should realize it was a freaking glitch kill, that MAVS aren't flying deathbots, they're surveillance tools. I don't mind the MAV elevator as much, since people would still use the parachute method to get to high spots anyway, but the flying lawnmower of death had to go.

scogoth

Yeah, seriously, screw the MAV. People complaining should realize it was a freaking glitch kill, that MAVS aren't flying deathbots, they're surveillance tools. I don't mind the MAV elevator as much, since people would still use the parachute method to get to high spots anyway, but the flying lawnmower of death had to go.

Actually it was intended to kill people, that's why they had a kill count for it. They just didn't intend to make it as effective as it was

Well the M4A1 + silencer combo seems to be way less effective :(

Actually it was intended to kill people, that's why they had a kill count for it. They just didn't intend to make it as effective as it was

It was intended to kill people the same way the defibs in BF2 were intended to kill people lulz

Wow, the assault heartbeat/dead teammate symbol is WAY too big on the minimap now. If you're on the narrow setting it's okay but on medium or wide it obscures other symbols to a hilarious degree.

Top Bottom