• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Divius

Okay so this is the third time in 3 days my computer just randomly reboots while playing BF3. Anyone else have this or read anything about it?

W7, ati 5770

edit: doubt it's heat, only been happening since 3 days. Has the game been patched 3/4 days ago?

Virzeth

I can't remember when exactly, but I recall reading about new ATI drivers some days ago, did you get 'em?

Goddammit, DICE.

K6SEh.png

Dear DICE,
all I could ever want for Christmas is a big red "Don't Push Me" button on Wake Island that would play the Jurassic Park intro and activate those tiny little bastards. Thank you for your time.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If there wasn't the dynamic playercount I would think it would be more full. I mean how many people actually use quick match??

I have to agree with you on this. While a dynamic player count is good in theory I think it scares away those that already have us favorited. I'm sure there are a good amount of people that have the NeoGAF servers on their favorite list. When those people go to their favorite list and see that the GAF server has 0/4 or 1/4 open slots I'm willing to bet that many of them don't realize that it's a dynamic count and as a result they don't join the server.

Just my thoughts.

I have to agree with you on this. While a dynamic player count is good in theory I think it scares away those that already have us favorited. I'm sure there are a good amount of people that have the NeoGAF servers on their favorite list. When those people go to their favorite list and see that the GAF server has 0/4 or 1/4 open slots I'm willing to bet that many of them don't realize that it's a dynamic count and as a result they don't join the server.

Just my thoughts.

Do dynamic servers that are currently 0/4 or 1/4 show up in searches as a 64 player server (or whatever their max potential is)? Because I set my filters to only show 24 and 32 player servers, and if the answer is no, I bet a lot of the general community doesn't filter for 'other' either.

GodofWine

Conquest Assault....I just hate it as a game type...I think with the verticality and the urban setting on some of the B2K maps, its like running into a wall as the attacker...would LOVE to play (PS3) 4 flag conquest on them...

Anyone have any 'tips' on this mode, Im apparently doing it all wrong, now I just play stealthy killer guy around the outside of the map, but cannot seem to help my team when attacking (we never win..ever...NEVER)....obvisouly defending is much easier.

Cobra84

Do dynamic servers that are currently 0/4 or 1/4 show up in searches as a 64 player server (or whatever their max potential is)? Because I set my filters to only show 24 and 32 player servers, and if the answer is no, I bet a lot of the general community doesn't filter for 'other' either.

No, a server only shows up based on its current max player count. Battlelog treats the currently empty Neogaf server as only having a max of 4 players.

Zeppelin

Okay so this is the third time in 3 days my computer just randomly reboots while playing BF3. Anyone else have this or read anything about it?

W7, ati 5770

edit: doubt it's heat, only been happening since 3 days. Has the game been patched 3/4 days ago?

To be fair, it sounds like there's something wrong on your end. Your computer rebooting is probably Windows' doing. As to why, I have no idea. I'm on a 5750 and I haven't experienced anything like that. If anything, the game has been running silky smooth since the Karkand patch (I had very little problems prior to that as well).

Conquest Assault....I just hate it as a game type...I think with the verticality and the urban setting on some of the B2K maps, its like running into a wall as the attacker...would LOVE to play (PS3) 4 flag conquest on them...

Anyone have any 'tips' on this mode, Im apparently doing it all wrong, now I just play stealthy killer guy around the outside of the map, but cannot seem to help my team when attacking (we never win..ever...NEVER)....obvisouly defending is much easier.

You just need to cap one flag near the rear of the map to break the 'wall' of defense. After that the normal chaos will ensue.

Even just the threat of capping a rear flag will get a lot of the defenders to turn around, freeing up the potential to cap one of the frontal flags.

Last night I played a round where I hopped into an LAV (some random guy was driving) at the beginning, and he drove that sucker straight to the rear flag and we all hopped out to cap it. Not a single defender was there. I think the trick was the route he took. He drove through back alleys and even jumped that sucker off a wall - all to avoid enemies and mines. He was good, he must have made that trip before. =)

But as you play super-sneaky-guy, you need to get to the rear of the map to cap too. Or better yet, plant a spawn beacon.

Enkidu

It's not rush, the defenders have more than 2 points to defend and they are much further apart. Just ignore the enemy and go around them if you can't break through. On Karkand for example, it is usually a good idea to go for "Suburbs" or "Warehouse" first and just ignore Hotel. It's of course much better if you get your entire squad with you. I don't know how well this works with the console layout though, since there are fewer flags but something similar should be possible.

It's on Wake at the B flag in Conquest where the aircraft spawn. It's in one of the buildings over there.

It's sad that the shelf life on the NeoGAF servers was only good for about a month. Every time I go to my favorites it's sitting there with 0/64 :(

For me Skyrim happened. And B2K runs like ass compared to the previous maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For me Skyrim happened. And B2K runs like ass compared to the previous maps.

Sounds like you need to get the PS3 version, bro. We get the maps one week early
and have input lag!
, while dirty PC and 360 peasants don't.

GLORIOUSPS3MASTERRACE.jpg ;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
You just need to cap one flag near the rear of the map to break the 'wall' of defense. After that the normal chaos will ensue.

Even just the threat of capping a rear flag will get a lot of the defenders to turn around, freeing up the potential to cap one of the frontal flags.

Last night I played a round where I hopped into an LAV (some random guy was driving) at the beginning, and he drove that sucker straight to the rear flag and we all hopped out to cap it. Not a single defender was there. I think the trick was the route he took. He drove through back alleys and even jumped that sucker off a wall - all to avoid enemies and mines. He was good, he must have made that trip before. =)

But as you play super-sneaky-guy, you need to get to the rear of the map to cap too. Or better yet, plant a spawn beacon.

Yea I noticed that too in one game, but I was on the other team. So I made sure to plant some mines near back flags that stay unguarded. Several double kills that way because people drive in carelessly once they are right next to the flag behind enemy lines. They are careful getting there, then the last 10 meter rush onto the mines.

Sounds like you need to get the PS3 version, bro. We get the maps one week early
and have input lag!
, while dirty PC and 360 peasants don't.

GLORIOUSPS3MASTERRACE.jpg ;)

I remember playing with you PS3 guys back in when Vietnam came out for BC2. I had since then retired my PS3 (it broke). It's like you guys hardly lost when all playing together. So now I'm stuck on the 360 with no battle bros.

I want to join the PS3 Master Race once again. :(

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
is Pecheneg good? I don't want to waste my time, M249 does its job well with a grip.

Deadly

is Pecheneg good? I don't want to waste my time, M249 does its job well with a grip.
PKP Pecheneg is great, It has recoil but it's very manageable.

I tried the m249 after theseks kept saying it was better than the PKP but I enjoyed the PKP much better. I suppose the m249 would be better at very long distances though.

daw840

I really need to get on and DL these new maps. I haven't played this in forever it seems. Any GAFers play on the 360?

Divius

I just to main the m249 as well while playing support, but I've grown to love the PKP. It's just so powerful. Once I get my bipod out no one gets past me. For close quarters I just spray and pray from the hip.

So another +1 to the PKP from me.

iam220

Why do servers keep crashing on b2k maps? Happened like 3-4 times over the weekend

I just to main the m249 as well while playing support, but I've grown to love the PKP. It's just so powerful. Once I get my bipod out no one gets past me. For close quarters I just spray and pray from the hip.

So another +1 to the PKP from me.

I'd use the bi-pod too but I find the grip to be much more useful for the PKP.

Zeppelin

The assignments are disgusting. I don't want to have to play fucking SQDM or Rush. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Divius

I'd use the bi-pod too but I find the grip to be much more useful for the PKP.
Obviously depends on the situation. I usually find the time it takes to set up my bipod to payoff by me getting multiple kills from a single position.

And then there are times where I wish I had a foregrip to cancel out at least a bit of the insane recoil. edit: when I'm not stationary.

TheSeks

And then there are times where I wish I had a foregrip to cancel out at least a bit of the insane recoil. edit: when I'm not stationary.

So... most times then?

Bipod PKP is amazing and can hold positions really well. Outside of that? It sucks and the other LMG's (even the M60) outclass it in all-around situations because they don't have insane recoil that they need a bullet nerf to fight.

JoeMartin

Realism, especially BF3's randomly selected half assed realism, doesn't mean it is balanced or fun.

At least be reasonable. AA guns are shooting ENORMOUS bullets at ridiculously high rates. Are they supposed to just make them do piss poor damage to people, especially when AA guns are traditionally dual purposed for directed anti-infantry fire in actual war?

DTKT

At least be reasonable. AA guns are shooting ENORMOUS bullets at ridiculously high rates. Are they supposed to just make them do piss poor damage to people, especially when AA guns are traditionally dual purposed for directed anti-infantry fire in actual war?

This has nothing to do with realism. BF3 never tried to be a simulator. If AA guns are now anti-infantry(better than tanks or LAVs), there is a problem.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
This has nothing to do with realism. BF3 never tried to be a simulator. If AA guns are now anti-infantry(better than tanks or LAVs), there is a problem.
Why? That makes sense even going by game logic. Every single one I've played lets the AA vehicle crush the infantry. Tanks are a hard counter.

Cobra84

Reals jets would level a map in a single pass. Should DICE put it in the game?

Why? That makes sense even going by game logic. Every single one I've played lets the AA vehicle crush the infantry. Tanks are a hard counter.
Tanks are a terrible counter to the AA because they can lose to the AA in a fight and aren't always available (Nosehair Canals rush).

AA guns are generally better against infantry than what most armored vehicles are using. Tanks are not anti infantry vehicles, and other armored vehicles in the game are armored transports, the weapons on them are defensive in nature. In WW2 AA was often turned against infantry because it was far more effective than Tanks at taking out dug in troops. Tanks have always had a weakness of close ranged infantry, that is why tanks generally have to be supported by infantry to protect them.

Tanks are a terrible counter to the AA because they can lose to the AA in a fight and aren't always available (Nosehair Canals rush).

That's a map issue. Tanks are more plentiful in the game than the AA vehicles which are pretty scarce. The AA vehicles are also incredibly weak, a single engineer easily takes em out. AA is only beating a tank if it has a good enough head start on blasting away at the tank. A tank shell quickly disables and destroys AA

iam220

Does anyone else get annoyed about how severe the damage drop off is on the second gunner position for tanks / light armor? At close range it does the damage that I feel it should but longer ranges its sooo weak.

So... most times then?

Bipod PKP is amazing and can hold positions really well. Outside of that? It sucks and the other LMG's (even the M60) outclass it in all-around situations because they don't have insane recoil that they need a bullet nerf to fight.

I'd argue with you but your on consoles and I'm on PC. I have no idea how manageable the recoil is on analog or if there's even a need for an LMG that can easily mow down 3-4 enemies at one time when you have 1/3rd of the server population. For all I know the PKP might be shit on consoles but on PC it's one of the, if not the best LMG in the game.

JoeMartin

Reals jets would level a map in a single pass. Should DICE put it in the game?

Like I said - be reasonable. Give me one good reason why the AA vehicle should be bad against infantry other than BAWW IT KILLED ME AND IT HAS AA IN ITS NAME.

Tanks are anti-material in nature and yet it whipped its several ton turret around in half of a second and killed my infantry with a single tank round to the face? WHAT THE FUCK DICE FIX IT.

Also front armor to front armor both blowing their main guns the tank will always beat an AA.

So... most times then?

iam220 said it pretty well. I imagine it's much harder to adjust for recoil on analog sticks, but it's very doable on PC, and it makes the PKP significantly better.

Arguing the legitimacy of LMGs from the bipod stance is also dumb. Bipods are cumbersome at best and get you killed more often then they'll get you kills. More than that, it's hilariously easy to route "camped" positions in this game, especially as there are plenty of guns that will win over LMG's in a straight sprayoff. Standing still in BF gets you killed, simple as that. LMGs with a foregrip still provide enormous suppressive power when required, as long as the user isn't a complete knob at controlling his ROF, while still letting you be completely mobile and eminently useful in every scenario where a bipod could not be practically setup to an effectual degree (read: most scenarios). The PKP simply outclasses the other LMGs in nearly every real scenario, the only tentatively comparable LMG being the M249.

TheSeks

I think the AA in its current state is pretty balanced.
Just disregard the game I went 53-5 on wake with the AA.

Splinter: Wanting broken shit since 1970.

Cheesemobile needs a nerf bat wack, hard. I've stated this since Week 1.

Is it a bird!? Is it a plane!? No, it's an idiot flying on a MAV!

Number one most stupid thing in this game and it needs to be sorted quick! I spawned on a squad mate yesterday in Tehran Highway...where was I? On the third story of a building...there are no 3 story buildings! "This isn't right!" I thought, so tried to jump down to the ground...couldn't...it doesn't let you. So f**k it..how many can I kill? :D Not many because the game ended. But it's wrong and should be stopped! And I can't seem to fly on the MAV, so it's of no advantage :D

Seriously has to be stopped though. We're going to end up with people running around on the overpass soon.

Spl1nter

Splinter: Wanting broken shit since 1970.

Cheesemobile needs a nerf bat wack, hard. I've stated this since Week 1.

It has been nerfed against infantry and vehicles. I think its pretty balanced right now. I only did so well because the enemy kept trying to attack me head on in open ground and none of them were engineers lol

TheSeks

Seriously has to be stopped though. We're going to end up with people running around on the overpass soon.

You mean we haven't, yet? I've had it happen before.

And yes, the MAV elevator needs to be patched out.
After I abuse it just to cackle a bit
and alternate routes on places like Tehran Highway needs to be opened up. (Why can't I jump and climb the railing from the hill? I can hit it but not climb up?) and alternate routes for attackers need to be available to defense on Rush. I can see you, but I can't run over to defend against you? Seriously, DICE?

It has been nerfed against infantry and vehicles. I think its pretty balanced right now. I only did so well because the enemy kept trying to attack me head on in open ground and none of them were engineers lol

Maybe on PC. On console/PS3 it still seems WAAAAY overpowered and damn near unstoppable.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is it a bird!? Is it a plane!? No, it's an idiot flying on a MAV!

Number one most stupid thing in this game and it needs to be sorted quick! I spawned on a squad mate yesterday in Tehran Highway...where was I? On the third story of a building...there are no 3 story buildings! "This isn't right!" I thought, so tried to jump down to the ground...couldn't...it doesn't let you. So f**k it..how many can I kill? :D Not many because the game ended. But it's wrong and should be stopped! And I can't seem to fly on the MAV, so it's of no advantage :D

I always want to get up on the overpass. But they should just change the MAV so it does not have a flat top. Simple.

Ferga

Alright, PKP Pecheneg - Motherfuck. I just went 85 - 47 with it on a 1 000 ticket Grand Bazaar server. That gun is insanely good on that map. My total score was 58k!

What attachments do you use? I find the recoil to be a bit too crazy when im using scopes

leng jai

So I bought B2k and it won't let me join a server running the new maps since apparently I haven't bought it. Game is up to date, PC rebooted and everything. Fucking sucks.

Top Bottom