• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

scoreghbos.jpg

600 ticket server, spent the whole round in a Flanker on Oman. Those poor F-35s (and helis and the occasional infantry running along oblivious to their forthcoming meeting with jet bullets =D). Ribbons (49)! DICE really really really needs to implement hovering as a mode you switch into and out of with a button press, available when you're under the speed threshold, or something like that.

Zeppelin

600 ticket server, spent the whole round in a Flanker on Oman. Those poor F-35s (and helis and the occasional infantry running along oblivious to their forthcoming meeting with jet bullets =D). Ribbons (49)! DICE really really really needs to implement hovering as a mode you switch into and out of with a button press, available when you're under the speed threshold, or something like that.

I'm pretty sure the F35s worked in a different manner in BF2. Can't remember exactly how though.

Also: 1 100 m+ HS on Firestorm a couple of hours ago. Finally the 1k+!

MrBig

http://www.abload.de/img/scoreghbos.jpg[IMG]

600 ticket server, spent the whole round in a Flanker on Oman. Those poor F-35s (and helis and the occasional infantry running along oblivious to their forthcoming meeting with jet bullets =D). Ribbons (49)! DICE really really really needs to implement hovering as a mode you switch into and out of with a button press, available when you're under the speed threshold, or something like that.[/QUOTE]

I can destroy F-35s with a flanker, but I can also pull off some great shit with the 35 too. Easy to take down a less experienced Flanker pilot that's tailing you by simply slowing all the way down.

Really wish the hover mechanics actually worked in accordance to what you see the plane doing, instead of just up/down. Would be able to have insane maneuverability.

Got my first MAV roadkill today after trying for 3 entire matches. :lol

I don't know how I did it, but I wish I could pull it off again.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like C4 hardly ever gets used in this game. I pretty much only play Support now and I love getting me some C4 kills. Sneaking around a tank and blowing it up and killing myself in the process is awesome!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So I bought B2k and it won't let me join a server running the new maps since apparently I haven't bought it. Game is up to date, PC rebooted and everything. Fucking sucks.

did you activate the code in Origin?

Woo-Fu

Banned
The popularity of laser-targeted munitions has certainly changed the metagame, at least from a helicopter pilot's point of view. :) Don't think I much like it but I'm certainly learning to deal with it. Much more hiding, much less killing is the net result.

Tawpgun

The bipod is such a janky piece of shit.

Werd. Half the battle is trying to set it up. Once done, its good on LMG's.

Can't for the life of me figure out why you'd want it on an AR or even a sniper. With the Bi-podded sniper you get stability which is achieved by breath holding anyway, and you get less visibility and less mobility.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like C4 hardly ever gets used in this game. I pretty much only play Support now and I love getting me some C4 kills. Sneaking around a tank and blowing it up and killing myself in the process is awesome!

C4 is sick for defense. I put it in a choke point, wait for idiots to rush in and click it when I catch a glimpse of them.

And tanks. I get at least ONE tank a round. Today I got 2 tanks with C4 in 2 minutes. It was awesome. It was an easy 700-800 points. <3 C4. Every time I switch to Mortar or Claymore, I get an opportunity to nail a tank and I have to switch back. I guess I should start playing infantry only and abusing the fuck out of the mortar.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That's a good thing. C4 is straight up malicious in the right (wrong?) hands.

demolitio

There's a few of us out there. It's my main reason to use support class because I feel like I have a deadly weapon with a decent option against vehicles if I'm stealthy enough, which is one of my stronger points...lol

It can mean an easy capture or defense of a flag if used correctly and I love putting it on the outside of buildings where guys are holed up in and then dropping the hammer on them as they sit there and wonder what the hell just happened.

jet1911

Something strange hapened today. I now have the DOA-12, the SKS and the Type 88 LMG unlocked. Is there a reason why?

akira28

Arguing the legitimacy of LMGs from the bipod stance is also dumb. Bipods are cumbersome at best and get you killed more often then they'll get you kills. More than that, it's hilariously easy to route "camped" positions in this game, especially as there are plenty of guns that will win over LMG's in a straight sprayoff. Standing still in BF gets you killed, simple as that. LMGs with a foregrip still provide enormous suppressive power when required, as long as the user isn't a complete knob at controlling his ROF, while still letting you be completely mobile and eminently useful in every scenario where a bipod could not be practically setup to an effectual degree (read: most scenarios). The PKP simply outclasses the other LMGs in nearly every real scenario, the only tentatively comparable LMG being the M249.

Back in the BF2 days I played with a bunch of army and marine guys who would run actual tactics and would link up multiple squads to do things like set up MG defense points and hold a certain flag and ONLY that flag(Usually the mosque or the TV station). In a situation like that where you have 8+ people actually talking over Ventrillo, calling out targets and 4 or so support/assault dudes holding a position, that constant stream of fire can work pretty well without needing to dodge around defensively. Nowadays Halo-skills and COD reign supreme, so I'm lucky if I can find even one battle buddy to stick around for more than two or three respawns before they drive off in a jeep somewhere. Totally different styles of play, and I think Battlefield 3 was designed somewhere in an uncomfortable middle ground.

Dr Prob

Banned
Maybe it's me, but I feel like C4 hardly ever gets used in this game.

Was a C4 addict in BC2, but in this game (at least pre-Karkand, don't know if it's been fixed) the glitch rate was so spectacular I just stopped trying.

Three sticks on a tank, hit the detonator and...more sticks just come flying out. I'm a fucking Pez dispenser, yippee!

Why the fuck are so many people in this game obsessed with lying down and letting the enemy get the MCOMs?

I have to say this does seem to be an issue. And it's not like they're not disarming because the MCOM is swarming with enemies; it's like they're just not moving in at all. Some rounds are better than others, obviously, but it's certainly a tendency.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you're on a squad deathmatch server and a team has more than 2 kills without the round being over already you're doing it wrong.

demolitio

Man, I love hardcore a lot but I'm getting sick and tired of moronic teammates anymore. I just got teamkilled 4 times in a row and the last one was when I was the only guarding the armed MCOMM so they defused it shortly after. Then I get teamkilled 6 more times in the next map and that's when I decided to take a break. The funny thing is not one of them even apologized for their stupidity when most of them were obvious teamkills where they weren't even shooting at an enemy but rather got spooked or just suck. It still hasn't beaten my record of getting teamkilled 7 times in a row. Bad night...lol

In other news, with one swift blow, my latest doctor has delayed my video card plan with a month of physical therapy and then surgery that just so happens to go into January when my deductible gets to kick my ass, all this while still dealing with the other medical and car problems. Funny that it happens when I'm about to finally get a video card locked down again. All I want to do is be able to play longer and turn my heat up again...lol

... not one of them even apologized for their stupidity when most of them were obvious teamkills where they weren't even shooting at an enemy but rather got spooked or just suck.

No one's ever apologized to me, but I haven't apologized to anyone either; just seems to be implied - shit happens. But man, seven times in a row? Jesus.

demolitio

No one's ever apologized to me, but I haven't apologized to anyone either; just seems to be implied - shit happens. But man, seven times in a row? Jesus.

Yea, it made my blood pressure raise a little more. I get the legit teamkills where it's in the heat of battle, but if I make a really stupid move and teamkill a guy with no enemy in sight, I apologize to him right away to know it wasn't intentional and that's why those punish systems are good and not so good at the same time.

Daigoro

Support is just about the only class i use anymore. C4 being one of the main benefits, along with good guns (and ive always hated LMG's in almost every other game ive ever played), and ammo sacks (support ribbons all day long!).

on certain non-vehicle heavy maps ill switch to claymores, but C4 is just so fun to use. i always feel naked without having C4 on me. you can do some really funny shit with it as well.

Virzeth

Something strange hapened today. I now have the DOA-12, the SKS and the Type 88 LMG unlocked. Is there a reason why?

zh1nt0 said:
Tomorrow at 10:00 CET we will be deploying a new update on Battlelog.
Downtime is estimated at 15 minutes. During this time, Battlelog will be unavailable for all players.

Fixes include:
• Add PWP* license by default to all BF3 PC users
• Fixed description on Service Stars
• Fixed missing vehicle unlocks on stats pages
• Fixed minor caching issue regarding B2K-entitlement
• B2K icon now better aligned in forum/server browser

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news...4776591801773/

*Physical Warfare Pack

Facism

nope c4 is literally half my Support kills. amazing utility. I use it to clear corners when moving on a contested flag (works more than you'd think, lots of derps sitting in corners waiting for you to turn it and get popped). Leave some C4 at a flag and move on to attack another, see the icon start flashing, click >boom> flag defended without even being there.

i always feel naked without having C4 on me. you can do some really funny shit with it as well.

Last night I was playing on Firestorm, as a Recon with the VAL, and I was pretty much just protecting that lone artillery flag - the one with all the trailers. It was kind of lonely, I was the only person there for a few minutes, waiting for someone to show (usually the base gets a lot of action, since it's the closest one to their spawn). Then I hear the dune buggy starting to approach, and he pulls up about 50 feet from me and starts to cap the flag - but he doesn't get out. I take aim with the VAL, not the most powerful gun, and let loose a little burst. Suddenly the entire jeep erupts in a series of explosions and a number of score bonuses start racking up on my screen. Apparently this jackass was riding around in a jeep strapped with C4.

I had to give my VAL a funny look after that though. It was quite the Indiana Jones moment.

Is it just me or the B2K maps have a lot of odd pop up. Random rocks like 5 feet from me just randomly pop in. Never get this kind of stuff on the vanilla maps.

Demize acknowledged some "desync" issues between server and client, responsible for the egregious "killed behind cover" and "one-shotted" issues that some have been reporting. I had a lot of seemingly OHK deaths the past few days.

Is it just me or the B2K maps have a lot of odd pop up. Random rocks like 5 feet from me just randomly pop in. Never get this kind of stuff on the vanilla maps.

I've noticed since the patch and/or expansion I've been getting a lot of video stutters. Most are relatively quick, but some can last over a second. I usually get one every time I respawn back in the map.

Annoying.

I've noticed since the patch and/or expansion I've been getting a lot of video stutters. Most are relatively quick, but some can last over a second. I usually get one every time I respawn back in the map.

Annoying.

Yea game was butter smooth till the last update, did get some of these tiny stutters once in a while

++++++

Any button other than ADS. Because one thing's for certain, as finicky as deploying the bipod can be, it will always deploy when you don't want it to - and then the guy shoots you. FFFFFFFFFFFFF

I like the auto deploy nature of the bipod, but yea it sometimes will get you killed. I really don't want to have to press a button to use it really, but also hate when it takes away my choice to just shoot without deploying it. Perhaps just have a button press that lets you turn on and off the auto deploy.

EVIL

I know what you mean, but I meant a option in the menu when you tick "manual bipod" it will let you use E to deploy. Otherwise it will auto deploy on ADS.

Just have you assign a toggle key to it, like V for fire modes, that way you don't need to go back to options to change it and you can do it on the fly.

Top Bottom