• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az

Ok so nice thread Fersis...
I am moving in here for the next couple of months. Keep the place clean, and put a sock on your door if you are fucking.

But seriously, This game will consume my private life. Getting the PS3 version so I can stab some of you in the neck.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Kept hearing how awesome that saiga or whatever gun was, so I gave it a whirl.

Somehow ended up at the bottom of the massive building on the first set of Comm stations as an attacker having some wild and crazy gun fight. Went on a 10 kill spree with it, each kill right after the other all out in the open. I had no idea how I pulled it off, but it got to the point where I was out of ammo on all my weapons and had to jack an engi kit from a fallen soldier just to keep shooting at shit. I don't think I exhaled 'till the war scene was over.

Fuck this game is awesome. Constant 60 fps is also quite sexy, I will add.

Quick edit: Also had a match earlier with a friend. We charged the third set in a tank and after bombarding B, the tank good a few shots to the back. The heli spawned the moment we bailed, and we just swapped vehicles and continued the rampage. Can't wait to take a spin in the Hind.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ogs said:
So i just got a lucky ass helicopter takedown with an RPG, then wiped the survivors :lol

Nice. That was quite a lucky shot. I was trying like hell to put a tracer dart on a choppa last night. Damn near impossible, at least for me. I need help understanding the physics of the tracer dart. Does it not get weighted down by gravity like every other weapon? It seemed like the tracer dart was going in a straight line.

Anyone else successfully tag a heli on a consistent basis, or do I just suck at it?

Stahsky

Badass rocket. Is that the default rpg? How come it looks different? Wtf, I need some sleep or something.

Stahsky

Yar

It does dip to around 50ish when the world implodes in the game. But that's about it.

blanky

RbBrdMan said:
Nice. That was quite a lucky shot. I was trying like hell to put a tracer dart on a choppa last night. Damn near impossible, at least for me. I need help understanding the physics of the tracer dart. Does it not get weighted down by gravity like every other weapon? It seemed like the tracer dart was going in a straight line.

Anyone else successfully tag a heli on a consistent basis, or do I just suck at it?

It's not weighted it's just slow. Be glad though, it was HELL in BC1. so satisfying when you tag a chopper though, i've been able to tag 3 i think. but it takes me quite a long time. It really depends on the skill/manuevering of the chopper. you really need to shoot further ahead than you'd think.

DietRob

blanky said:
It's not weighted it's just slow. Be glad though, it was HELL in BC1. so satisfying when you tag a chopper though, i've been able to tag 3 i think. but it takes me quite a long time. It really depends on the skill/manuevering of the chopper. you really need to shoot further ahead than you'd think.

Yea that makes sense it's kinda hard to tell because when I shot the thing it looked like it just disapeared into outer space. It was hard to get a gauge on the velocity of the dart..

On a LOL side note. I was playing with Fersis last night and went to tag a tank at the moment I shot the tagging dart Fersis walked in front of me and I tagged the back of his helmet instead.. :lol :lol :lol He was running around blinking like rudolph... Sorry man..

Stahsky

LabouredSubterfuge said:
What does the 'war tapes' sound option do exactly??

Pretty much makes it sound more atmospheric/real. Boosting certain sounds like explosions, gunfire, etc etc.

U2NUMB

My most anticipated game of the year. I will be rocking the PS3 and 360 versions. Tag U2NUMB... Love being a team player.

Great OP and thread... put a smile on my face the second I saw it this morning.

DietRob

keyrat said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this stuff doesn't work in the console demo build, right? I tried putting C4 on the ass of my squadmate's ATV but it wouldn't launch the vehicle in any way.

It would be cool if you could get the trajectory down right and have an ATV be propelled into the vicinity of target B from the attackers spawn. And where the heck were they getting all of the mines and c4 from?

Dyno

There's a fan-made video that is really awesome. I think the guy used a Nine Inch Nails song for the soundtrack. Sorry for being vague but has anyone seen it. Can they name the video (and the song?)

Quixzlizx

I spent more time on this demo than I have on any current-gen game so far this year. Unfortunately, I'm still terrible at it, but the squad I play with still wins almost every game it's involved in. Apparently, an engineer with a 0.5 KDR who actually goes for the objectives is more useful than the 4 recons on sniper hill.

Hixx

Man that bloody how not to be a noob vid means I need to find another 30 quid next month. I need to stop visiting this forum or I'm going to end up bankrupt. Hopefully the pc version runs a bit smoother than the beta did for me, although someone with the same card as me says he gets 60fps so it sounds like they have.

vixlar

I was playing yesterday, and a damn UAV was making my life impossible!!! I hate UAV's. The noob I am, i couldn't destroy it. So, my anger blinded me, and I decided to take it down somehow

I ran to the attackers base, hiding in all places... looking how the attackers ran to close to me, and they didn't see me. It was really a temptation to shoot them in the back... but no... focus focus... at most, I spotted them. And so I went running, hiding... until I saw the back of the UAV driver... Knife kill... TAKE THAT, BITCH!!!!!! I feel sooooooo relieved... I couldn't destroy the computer because i got killed after that, hehe.

The next UAV was not as problematic, and at the end, we won, so, maybe or maybe not, but I feel like that decided the course of the battle.

Mully

Has anyone else had a problem with blowing up C4 sometimes? Yesterday I slapped some C4 to the Russian Jeep and ghost rided it right into a tank and the anti-air tank. When I tried to detonate it would just deploy more C4. It was very annoying.

Diablohead said:
You using fraps or something while you play? for me it drops the frame rate too much to bother recording while I play :(

Yeah, i have to run the game at 720p for the hit to be manageable, and even then the hard drive thrashing (which sometimes happens, and sometimes doesnt) can break things (theres a bit on that vid where i start getting shot, and the fraps chug kicks in, very annoying). Most of the time i cant be arsed to use it, but things were going good that game so i started recording :p

Of course, i would absolutely love it if more games did what Halo 3 and Uncharted 2 do where they keep a record of previous games so you can watch them again (basically .demo files i think, just more polished and much more user friendly), and then chuck in something like what GTA 4 has on the PC which has an awesome video editor built in.

1 day, 1 day..... :D

Binabik15

I don´t want to waste my life, but I have to buy this :/ I look forward to screwing your tanks. Back together, I mean, screw them back together :D

RS4-

Mully said:
Has anyone else had a problem with blowing up C4 sometimes? Yesterday I slapped some C4 to the Russian Jeep and ghost rided it right into a tank and the anti-air tank. When I tried to detonate it would just deploy more C4. It was very annoying.

Yup, c4 not blowing up and mortars either not recharging or the meter doesn't fill up but works anyway when you're using it. (x on the targeting thing, but still call in strikes)

I can't wait to pick this up, I played a ton of 1943, and have been enjoying Modern Warfare 2 a good deal, but this game looks ridiculous. I love the over saturated colors in this, a lot more than COD style. While the multiplayer is going to be amazing, I'm actually really interested in the single player, can't wait!

PSN: Apocalyptatron - feel free to add me!

DietRob

Binabik15 said:
Nice, with all the pc stuff I´ll have to double dip later :lol But I suck at shooting with kb/m.

Exact same post I was going to make. If some killer MODS and stuff come out I will most certainly double dip and hone my skills with the KB/M.

hylje

Holding my breath for the youknowwhatgame vs this arguments.

Can't seriously wait to see the final product after popping the PS3 demo last march and felling in love with this. Trying not to play this on PC Beta has been really hard and horrible.

DICE, I love you man.

p.s. Nice to have those old BF1942/BF2 to come in handy by getting my veteran rank up!

Please give us Squad Managment for us console peasents PLEASE PLEASE !!!!

And wow at the last shot, I had a similiar shot yesterday where I sniped the gunner off his chopper.

suplex

I had a 27-1 round yesterday because the opposition was terrible and decided not to do whatever they could to take out my tank even though me and my gunner were killing them all over the place. The only reason I died was becaue it was near the end and I just got reckless. :lol

That's the thing with this game, being on a good team and squad is so important to having fun. When you're on that terrible team, it's just no fun at all. There are times where I have an average round and I'm still near double the points of the 2nd best player on my team. People don't spot, don't notice when you spot, don't give you ammo or health when you ask for it, etc. When it's like that, I'm either change team or new server. I mean there's bound to be people in a beta who don't know how Battlefield works, but when you're on a whole team of them, ugh.

Also, land mines are awesome.

DietRob

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Bad Company 2 doesn't support mods mister Birdman.

Boo!!

So maybe I'll just get it for the Framerate. Also where there is a will there is a way. I'm sure we will hear about some MP mods on special dedicated servers at some point..

Believe.

recklessmind said:
hur hur... bunch of douchebags if you ask me.

As long as they make their own server for that crap, it's all good.

EDIT: Also, while some of it is kind of funny, they giggle waaaay too much.

EDIT2: 6:00 in is pretty funny.

RbBrdMan said:
Boo!!

So maybe I'll just get it for the Framerate. Also where there is a will there is a way. I'm sure we will hear about some MP mods on special dedicated servers at some point..

Believe.

What are your specs mister Birdman?

I have a I7 920 and a Gtx 275 and i never drop below 45 in a lot of action. Anything else is 60 fps. :)

mr_nothin

Banned
Ogs said:
Yeah, i have to run the game at 720p for the hit to be manageable, and even then the hard drive thrashing (which sometimes happens, and sometimes doesnt) can break things (theres a bit on that vid where i start getting shot, and the fraps chug kicks in, very annoying). Most of the time i cant be arsed to use it, but things were going good that game so i started recording :p

Of course, i would absolutely love it if more games did what Halo 3 and Uncharted 2 do where they keep a record of previous games so you can watch them again (basically .demo files i think, just more polished and much more user friendly), and then chuck in something like what GTA 4 has on the PC which has an awesome video editor built in.

1 day, 1 day..... :D
It SHOULD be in this game too. Battlefield 2 had it. It was named "battle recorder" or something.

Pete Rock

hylje said:
p.s. Nice to have those old BF1942/BF2 to come in handy by getting my veteran rank up!
Yeah, I dug my old BF2 disc out around the time of BC1, only to realize that I still had to remember my old login information... after about 10 minutes and countless attempts, it worked :D

I squee'd a little bit when I read the M1 Garand is open to all classes! I am going to do nothing but roll Engineer with an M1, keeping a Tracer & RPG around for the heavy lifting :lol

Dizzy-4U

Was it confirmed if you can use custom soundtracks for multiplayer (PS3)? Somehow I have the urge to listen to the Duke Nukem soundtrack while playing....

DietRob

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
What are your specs mister Birdman?

I have a I7 920 and a Gtx 275 and i never drop below 45 in a lot of action. Anything else is 60 fps. :)

q6700 OC'd to 3mhz, ATI 5850. I haven't tried BFBC2 on the PC so I have no idea the framerate I would get. I assume around the same as you.

keyrat

Dizzy-4U said:
Was it confirmed if you can use custom soundtracks for multiplayer (PS3)? Somehow I have the urge to listen to the Duke Nukem soundtrack while playing....

In the demo you can use it in the menus; that's it :/

suplex

hylje said:

how does that work exactly? i see other players with a number next to their name which im assuming has to do with this bf veteran stuff, but ive played both bf2 and 2142 under the same account as im playing the beta and ive got no number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom