• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

Violater said:
Would rather pay for DLC that lets me go prone, or new maps :lol

Just wait for the Vietnam expansion pack (just don't call it DLC).

I played MW2 last weekend and didn't go prone once (didn't realize until a friend asked me later about whether I missed it in BC2) :lol

Cornbread78

U2NUMB said:
Nobody knows.. they announced a delay sort of as they phrased it "In the very near future". No matter how you look at it this was handled really badly as far as 360 owners go.

I hate to be "That guy" but last week EA and Sony took turns rubbing up on each other at E3 and shortly after the MOH beta was delayed on the 360 only and still has no set date. Now comes Onslaught and on the DAY it was supposed to be released complete with ads and all they delay it on the 360.

I think they need to just be honest about it. So far the fact that they have not given a reason will lead to people thinking it is a back door deal. It certainly might be but just be honest. Exclusive or timed DLC is the wave of the future but seriously dropping the info ON the release date is low.

LOL, you're definately on to something there. Post a seperate thread with these examples, and let's see if others think there is something up with this EA/Sony love fest..... I'm startign to believe the consipiracy theory, hey Activision latched onto M$, maybe Sony pulled EA into a back room and threw some money at them.....

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Played about 5 rounds of Onslaught last night with 3 other awesome guys, all mic'd. On Normal we were getting owned sometimes, mainly due to the fucking attack chopper on that one map (forget its name). No lag at all, just pure fun. Well worth the $10 for me.

Snowballo

U2NUMB said:
Nobody knows.. they announced a delay sort of as they phrased it "In the very near future". No matter how you look at it this was handled really badly as far as 360 owners go.

I hate to be "That guy" but last week EA and Sony took turns rubbing up on each other at E3 and shortly after the MOH beta was delayed on the 360 only and still has no set date. Now comes Onslaught and on the DAY it was supposed to be released complete with ads and all they delay it on the 360.

I think they need to just be honest about it. So far the fact that they have not given a reason will lead to people thinking it is a back door deal. It certainly might be but just be honest. Exclusive or timed DLC is the wave of the future but seriously dropping the info ON the release date is low.

Totally agree.
Unfair behaviour by Dice/EA.
There's one point I don't get.

Let's consider that they have a deal with Sony.
I have both the systems, but I can't believe that Bad Company 2 is selling more on PS3 than X360. X360 version has better online, better chat system, better controller.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Awesome, thanks Fersis! If I get on tonight I'll give it a go.

I'll second this question, anyone?
i need my damn d 2.0 kills

No idea, I tried gettign more last night, and I ended up gettign like 5-10 C-4 kills instead of 2.0 kills, wtf!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
These crazy kids.
When the SPECTACT kit were released on the other console "DICE hated the PS3 and MS moneyhatz"... now is the other way around.

DICE/EA doesnt choose the release date of DLC, they send the stuff to SONY and MS and they set the date.

Violater

Fersis said:
These crazy kids.
When the SPECTACT kit were released on the other console "DICE hated the PS3 and MS moneyhatz"... now is the other way around.

DICE/EA doesnt choose the release date of DLC, they send the stuff to SONY and MS and they set the date.

Hey take that logical thinking someplace else :lol

Gritesh said:
Throw me an invite on Steam PC Gaf.
I dislike playing this game alone.
Gritesh on steam.
Thanks !

Nabster92 said:
I need to get in on this PC GAF action. Finally finished unlocking everything at least, but I've only played like one game with Kak and everything else has pretty much just been random rush games.
I'll try to come on next time you guys are down to play. My tag is Nabster92. If I'm not there and you wanna try to get another person in feel free to IM me on AIM to see if I'm not doing anything else: nabster9288

Lord Griegous said:
I wouldn´t mind getting an invitation to the GAF Steam group if anyone could send one. I am EU based.
Steam id: Lord Griegous

Hell yeah, PC GAF resurgence! My info:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Violater said:
Would rather pay for DLC that lets me go prone, or new maps :lol

Never thought I'd say it, but I don't miss prone.

Also, PC patch delayed till Monday :-\

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162837

BFBC2 Patch came back with one failure from STEAM testing.We are working to try and get a new version to them this evening.Will update more.
-
There will be no PC patch this week, Kalms is on the case.This pushes our release to Monday next week as long as all goes well with QA/Steam

Dyno

I want to get this but I'm a fool. Read on about my foolishness.

My credit card info has changed, to change it I must remember my password.

I don't remember my password.

How do I fix this? What PSN customer service option works in a situation like this?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is the PC patch still on track for today? And those of you who still play PC need to add me. Of the 12 people I added from the other thread I have not seen any online in a while.

Edit: ^^^^^^^^^ crap.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dyno said:

How do I fix this? What PSN customer service option works in a situation like this?

Use the I forgot my password option. It will ask you your secret questions. Worst outcome just call the standard sony phone number.

Call 1 (800) 345-SONY (7669). This is their primary Consumer Services Technical Support hot line which is open Monday through Saturday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST. On Sundays, they are open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST.

darkwing

Dyno said:

in the us.playstation.com site there is an option to login your PSN id, i think there is an option to remember your password too

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

that's a great fix. play on UK servers!
ya but i honestly want to know where are their(EA's) server locations?

If setting your country to UK gives east coasters better performance then where does setting us to US or Canada actually send us?
Are their actually any servers on the EAST COAST? or are we getting routed to Dallas or West Coast?

I miss the old days on the PC where I could pick my server then when you found one you liked you could add it to your Favourites. I miss being able to traceroute a server and finding out where the problem was.
Sigh I might just have to go back to PC gaming the way things are going on Consoles

Dyno

AndyD said:
Use the I forgot my password option. It will ask you your secret questions. Worst outcome just call the standard sony phone number.

Where can I find the 'I forgot' option on the PSN?

Call 1 (800) 345-SONY (7669). This is their primary Consumer Services Technical Support hot line which is open Monday through Saturday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST. On Sundays, they are open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST.

Thanks for the help!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dyno said:
Where can I find the 'I forgot' option on the PSN?

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

The forgot option is both on the ps3 at logon as well as online as darkwing listed above.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pandoracell said:
huh. Setting my location to the UK removed my lag.
Where are you from?

The few Conquest matches ive played since the last server maintenance were lag free. :D

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Yeah, I'm gonna try Rush and Conquest before I switch it to UK. <fingers crossed!>

Played a lot of squad deathmatch, pnly the first match showed any lag, after that there was no lag the rest of the night in Deathmatches or Rush!

Sanic

Fersis said:
Where are you from?

The few Conquest matches ive played since the last server maintenance were lag free. :D

East coast, US.

Was there server maintenance again today? I switched to the UK before playing any matches today, but yesterday, when they also performed maintenance, I was still having laggy matches roughly 2/3 of my playtime.

todahawk

Pandoracell said:
East coast, US.

Was there server maintenance again today? I switched to the UK before playing any matches today, but yesterday, when they also performed maintenance, I was still having laggy matches roughly 2/3 of my playtime.

I thought Fersis said it was last night before the DLC was up. Either way, if the UK switch worked for you I'm doing it tonight if I have ANY problems.

Sanic

greenjerk said:
I thought Fersis said it was last night before the DLC was up. Either way, if the UK switch worked for you I'm doing it tonight if I have ANY problems.

As far as I know, the last time they performed maintenance was I believe around 6 AM EST on the 22nd, so roughly 29 hours ago.

todahawk

Pandoracell said:
As far as I know, the last time they performed maintenance was I believe around 6 AM EST on the 22nd, so roughly 29 hours ago.

:/

Well, I'll do a quick test and then switch to UK if I have to.

New Community Manager and Onslaught for the 360 tomorrow:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...nity-manager-and-xbox-360-onslaught-news.aspx

Hello my friends!

My name is Daniel and I am the new Community Manager for Battlefield. I would like to say it is an honour and a privilege working for DICE. I will tell you a bit about myself, my gaming career and also share my goals and ambitions for the Battlefield series with you- the community. I have mostly been gaming on PC but during the last few years I have also been gaming on Xbox 360 and PS3. My gamertag is zh1nt0 so feel free to add me. Also make sure that you follow OfficialBFBC2 for the latest news.
Being a big fan of computer games, back in 2002 I stumbled upon a game in which you could fly airplanes, drive tanks and also play as an infantry player in multiplayer mode. It was Battlefield 1942. After that, the Battlefield series caught my attention and I immediately started playing competitively in different ladders and cups, both in the North American leagues and the European ones.

Walking out & The comeback

I had a short break in 2006 but I have now returned to the scene more actively this year to play Bad Company 2 on the PS3 console. My team and I are in the finals of the Console gaming league which will hopefully be streamed live. The final is scheduled for probably scheduled for Saturday, so stay tuned! Since I have been in most leagues, I am familiar with the competitive sites scattered around the web.

Goals and ambitions
My goal for the Battlefield Community is to evolve the community to be the largest, best and most satisfied community there is in online gaming. I am fully convinced that this can be achieved by involving you- the players of this community. I always say that with the right ambition, motivation and visualizing your goals, you will achieve them in the end. I also intend to keep track of the different leagues, cups and tournaments being played for BF2, BF1943 and BFBC2 for all platforms. I would very much like to know you guys out there so look out for me on the Battlefield. I hope you enjoyed this presentation and if you have any questions you can find me on the EA forums and the various community sites spread around the web.

With this said I’m very happy to announce that Onslaught will be released tomorrow on the 24th on Xbox Live marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points.
Thanks!
Daniel

todahawk

C'MON! QUIT HOLDING OUT!!!! ANY MORE ONSLAUGHT IMPRESSIONS!?!?!??! :D

- Do points, kills, etc. count against your stats and leveling?
- Do d 2.0 kills count towards that stinkin' trophy some of us are chasing?
- Any other bugs or glitches?

edit:

From a hands on impression and interview with Bjorn Johnsson by Inc Gamers:

In order to prevent the inevitable stat-padding that would occur were players able to earn XP in co-op that could then be transferred to competitive multiplayer, DICE has made sure that what happens in Onslaught, stays in Onslaught. “The whole multiplayer arena is so competitive that we didn't want to do that,” explains Johnsson.
BOOOOOOO-urns.

Capturing the bases in Onslaught is more alone the lines of Conquest than Rush, requiring you to be nearby as a beeping tone communicates how close you are to capturing (i'm guessing the more of your squad is present the faster it goes).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This needs to be restated since people might have missed what Nabs said: If you want to play with a group of PC BC2 owners, join our Mumble voice chat server here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Mr. Snrub and Spl1nter joined on last night and hopped into the BC2 room on the server and a bunch of us ended up joining them from the Lounge. It's a much easier way to get a large group of Gaffers playing (we had around 10) than trying to figure things out and get people informed through Steam or posting in here.

Great, I had 1000/1000 in BC2 then I got the DLC for the Specact weapons and as I finish up my last 13 kills to get my fourth and final Specact achievement the new Onslaught DLC is coming adding more to my list :(

I'll never max out this game :(

Sanic

I don't want to sound hyperbolic, but playing on the UK servers is like playing a whole new game. It feels so much better being 100% lag free all the time.

todahawk

Pandoracell said:
I don't want to sound hyperbolic, but playing on the UK servers is like playing a whole new game. It feels so much better being 100% lag free all the time.

ZIP. IT.
I'm gonna end up sneaking home to play and get fired!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
OldJadedGamer said:
Great, I had 1000/1000 in BC2 then I got the DLC for the Specact weapons and as I finish up my last 13 kills to get my fourth and final Specact achievement the new Onslaught DLC is coming adding more to my list :(

I'll never max out this game :(

How the hell did you get 20 demolish kills in MP?

Spl1nter

dskillzhtown said:
Man, the new Community Manager is getting put in the middle of a firefight, lol. Hope he has a thick skin!

He didn't mention 2142. Hes already dead to me. Not to mention he betrayed his PC brethren for the consoles and his history sounds pretty much like mine expect I never took a break from battlefield. Hes not even a member of GAF.

I feel bad for the guy. The EA forums are just scary

Domino Theory said:
How the hell did you get 20 demolish kills in MP?

Set up the power Recon C4 build where you pick the M1 Garand so you get a powerful rifle as well as extra explosives. Then found out how to blow up buildings with only 4 C4's. Played White Pass on Conquest and waited around till the middle of the round and was just blowing up buildings then throwing down ammo packs and refilling my own C4. Got lucky a few times with multiple kills.

It took me a while but I eventually got it and thank god. Worst achievement in the game by far. FacelessMaster has the 20 demo kills in both the 360 and PS3 versions.

edit: and I'll use this time to post my picture of my BC2 glory!!!

battlefield-1.jpg

todahawk

OldJadedGamer said:
Set up the power Recon C4 build where you pick the M1 Garand so you get a powerful rifle as well as extra explosives. Then found out how to blow up buildings with only 4 C4's. Played White Pass on Conquest and waited around till the middle of the round and was just blowing up buildings then throwing down ammo packs and refilling my own C4. Got lucky a few times with multiple kills.

It took me a while but I eventually got it and thank god. Worst achievement in the game by far. FacelessMaster has the 20 demo kills in both the 360 and PS3 versions.

edit: and I'll use this time to post my picture of my BC2 glory!!!

Last time I tried that on White Pass it was a shoving match to get into the buildings to put your C4 down. I think between the two teams we could've put the buildings in orbit.

Spl1nter

The Faceless Master said:
probably by playing the game.

I have 3 in 6.5 days of play. Not that I give a shit or that it matters since I play on PC. At the same time this amazes me

sv98.png
m24.png
gol.png

With all those sniper rifle kills and headshots I have yet to achieve...

marksman.png

Almost there! :lol

Ramirez

So, for the knifing 5 friends achievement, do you just have to cheese it and set up a private room or what? I don't even have any friends that still play this. :( I only need that, the demo kills, recon specact, and the onslaught achievements and this would be the first game I've ever gotten every achievement in. I like one from that in Halo 3. :lol

todahawk

Ramirez said:
So, for the knifing 5 friends achievement, do you just have to cheese it and set up a private room or what? I don't even have any friends that still play this. :( I only need that, the demo kills, recon specact, and the onslaught achievements and this would be the first game I've ever gotten every achievement in. I like one from that in Halo 3. :lol

Yeah, or when you're on a full team, then invite a friend and have them sneak over to an isolated part of the map. It's a bitch.

olimpia84

Ramirez said:

You can't set up private matches so you'll have to do it the way toda said. I got the trophy by boosting but I've been playing this game for so long that on top of the 5 boosted kills I got an extra 4 doing it the 'real' way so technically, I need one more to say that I earned this the hard way.

Spl1nter said:
I have 3 in 6.5 days of play. Not that I give a shit or that it matters since I play on PC. At the same time this amazes me

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/Spl1nter3/sv98.png
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/Spl1nter3/m24.png
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/Spl1nter3/gol.png

With all those sniper rifle kills and headshots I have yet to achieve...

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/Spl1nter3/marksman.png

Almost there! :lol
how in the... assault recon!?
the minimum distance for marksman headshots isn't that far.

Ramirez said:
on 360, the easiest way to game the achievement is this.

you and a friend squad up and join a Squad Rush game on Valparaiso

check the scoreboard and if the other team is full, try again from the start.

if the other team has a free space, one of you note the names on the other team...

then leave the game, pull up the friends list and go right to recent players.

join one of the people on the other team.

now, here comes the fun part.

there's a green dumpster near the attacker's spawn that's out of bounds for the defenders.

whoever is on the attacker's side, hide behind there.

whoever is on the defender's side, run behind there and either knife them or let them knife you.

keep taking turns and repeating until you both have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom