• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Veteran stuff is managed here, though I'm still not sure if its relevant how high your number is or just that you are regarded as a Veteran for any bonuses:

http://veteran.battlefield.com/

I should re-install 2 now that Euro Forces and Armoured Fury are part of the patch just to play a game of them, same for the 2142 expansion (not sure why that's greyed out still, I know I've played games on those maps before)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How does one unlock hardcore?

Dizzy-4U said:
Man, as much as I like gold rush, I'm thirsty for some conquest. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.
Tried looking at the map layouts at ultimateprestige.com, only got to the first one before my PC crashed as it is allergic to flash content, but I get the impression that once again the maps are leaning more towards being built for Rush first. As in they're long and narrow, with one main road throughout the entire thing. Are all the maps like that? There's nothing like Mashtuur City, which is basically a decently sized square?

Rapping Granny said:
Please give us Squad Managment for us console peasents PLEASE PLEASE !!!!

And wow at the last shot, I had a similiar shot yesterday where I sniped the gunner off his chopper.
This is just stupid how they're continuing to omit this. Why wouldn't anyone want more control over the squad they're joining? No one wants to be forced into a useless squad full of snipers.

Dizzy-4U

Darkflight said:
The Veteran stuff is managed here, though I'm still not sure if its relevant how high your number is or just that you are regarded as a Veteran for any bonuses:

http://veteran.battlefield.com/

I should re-install 2 now that Euro Forces and Armoured Fury are part of the patch just to play a game of them, same for the 2142 expansion (not sure why that's greyed out still, I know I've played games on those maps before)
I can't register 1943 for some odd reason. BC1 was registered just fine and still says Rank 0 =/

WolfSkill

Neo Member
XBL - granite000

Play medic and engineer

Heal and revive like mad with medic
I tank and repair like mad with engineer

Good in a squad, use back button 100% of the time and mic, looking for good players

RotBot

VibratingDonkey said:
Tried looking at the map layouts at ultimateprestige.com, only got to the first one before my PC crashed as it is allergic to flash content, but I get the impression that once again the maps are leaning more towards being built for Rush first. As in they're long and narrow, with one main road throughout the entire thing. Are all the maps like that? There's nothing like Mashtuur City, which is basically a decently sized square?
Most of the conquest maps shown have linear flag progression. The only non-linear one is Laguna Presa.

pix said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YMpHWKIWI

OMG hahaha waht they do with the tanks is awesome, watch it all. :lol :lol
Sweet. The return of FF splash damage. Thank you DICE. Looks like you can't use it on yourself since these guys didn't try that, so maybe they won't patch it out this time around.
RotBot said:
Most of the conquest maps shown have linear flag progression. The only non-linear one is Laguna Presa.
This is an unfortunate compromise. Instead of converting Rush maps into Conquest why can't they do it the other way around? Guess the maps would simply become too big, take too long to load or not fit in the memory or whatever.

keyrat

VibratingDonkey said:
Sweet. The return of FF splash damage. Thank you DICE. Looks like you can't use it on yourself since these guys didn't try that, so maybe they won't patch it out this time around.

I'm pretty sure the console demos don't have this, and they're later builds.

I think everyone has the same problem with 1943. I had BC1 Gold Edition registered and I was still rank 0, I joined Battlefield Heroes and it went up to 1. So hopefully I'll get the M1 now when I start playing BC2.

Irish

I love it when you load a Quad up with C4 only to have it taken by some idiot who wants to park it behind the construction site. Of course, they couldn't have taken the empty Quad next to me because that would have been too much trouble.

Irish said:
I love it when you load a Quad up with C4 only to have it taken by some idiot who wants to park it behind the construction site. Of course, they couldn't have taken the empty Quad next to me because that would have been too much trouble.

The Jihad backfire sucks indeed, me and another dude ahd 4 C4's on the ATV, we were both headed for a tank that was blasting an armed A base at Const. site but he bailed WAAAY to early and blew me up and not the tank we were aiming for. That had me steamed for the rest of the round :lol

Pete Rock

Devil Theory said:
I hate the fact that I have to play this on console, but it's my only choice. PC is so superior.
Speaking of, I really have a perverse fascination with using a flight stick to pilot choppers on the 360. Is this going to be as impossible as I imagine in the final retail build? I heard nothing about it during the beta, except PC users having issues with key bindings/stick configurations that they previously used in prior BF games not working. I suppose I could buy the cheap 360 compatible Saitek and see if it works for flying planes in 43... might have to try that.

RS4-

OfficialBFBC2

EA maintenance will take place tomorrow (25th) from midday CET/11am GMT/3am PST for 2 hours. This'll affect most DICE games and end the BETA

From their twitter feed

Cornbread78

I can't believe I put a pre-order at GS for this game. I shocked myself, LOL, now I haev to make time for MW2, WKC, SO4 and this.....DAMN!

So is it goign to be worth it all you BFBC veterans?

Dries

I thought we could use these pics for the OP:

ohod39.jpg

72dn9x.jpg

9awfh4.jpg

51sydd.jpg

35ajbwy.jpg

2cmlylc.jpg

2hd5zeb.jpg

1owzmw.jpg

1zc09qt.jpg

34ik3zr.jpg

Hyped btw.

Edit; don't know why one pic is bigger..

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Laguna alta looks interesting.

Are these rush or conquest maps? Or a combo of both?

vixlar

LOL Innocent in spanish is "inocente" not "innocente"

and Laguna Presa? Maybe is a bad dub from dam lagoon... it should be "Laguna de la presa"

Fuck, tomorrow is the last day, I don't want the demo to end never... NEVER!!!!

Dries

RbBrdMan said:
Laguna alta looks interesting.

Are these rush or conquest maps? Or a combo of both?

I think every map can be used as both.

I was wondering though.. How do we put BF:BC2 in between Battlefield 2 and 3 (which was recently announced) Of course it's a sequel to BC1, but also in a way to BF2. Why couldn't they just call Bad Company Battlefield 3. Then this would be Battlefield 4. So much easier :lol Now you kinda get the feeling that this game is a spin-off while it actually is not.

keyrat

vixlar said:
LOL Innocent in spanish is "inocente" not "innocente"

and Laguna Presa? Maybe is a bad dub from dam lagoon... it should be "Laguna de la presa"

Fuck, tomorrow is the last day, I don't want the demo to end never... NEVER!!!!

The DICE guys have never cared much for translation. Chinese, "Middle Eastern" (BF2), Japanese, and Russian have all been bastardized by the guys at DICE. Now I guess it's Spanish's turn.

Dries said:
I was wondering though.. How do we put BF:BC2 in between Battlefield 2 and 3 (which was recently announced) Of course it's a sequel to BC1, but also in a way to BF2. Why couldn't they just call Bad Company Battlefield 3. Then this would be Battlefield 4. So much easier :lol Now you kinda get the feeling that this game is a spin-off while it actually is not.

It's a spinoff because Bad Company is console based, being ported to the PC but still having very console-ish conventions. BF3 will be a PC-centric game with 64+ players, more squad commands, etc.

Dries said:
I think every map can be used as both.

I never thought of this as a sequel to 2. It's a sequel to the spinoff.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey Dries, i could add those pictures if you are cool with it. (Are those yours?)

And yes, innocente and Laguna Presa are bad translations. :lol

Darklord

Banned
I haven't played the game yet but after watching some HD gameplay...holy shit, this looks STUNNING. Just...wow. I rarely get blown away by graphics these days but there is just something about this game, maybe the level of destruction and amazing explosions. I can't wait to play it. I hope the PC community gets a decent number of people, I really want this to be my Battlefield 3 before the actual Battlefield 3.

Dries

MotorbreathX said:
I never thought of this as a sequel to 2. It's a sequel to the spinoff.

Yeah, but the multiplayer is not spinnoff-ey at all. It could really go through for a whole new stand-alone Battlefield game.

Fersis said:
Hey Dries, i could add those pictures if you are cool with it. (Are those yours?)

Nah, there not mine, there from a dutch Xbox forum. But there cool, so just use em :lol

RS4- said:
So the Squad Rush thing for 30 days is a console only thing?

Only for you North Americans.. For European it's day one. Right?

Violater

I'm psyched, all I ever wanted from the first game was the VIOP, lag and squad join issues fixed.
Will need to organize specific days for BF and MAG.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Do we know exactly what hud elements are deactivated in HCM?

Anyone know from the PC beta?

RS4-

Dries said:
Only for you North Americans.. For European it's day one. Right?

Yeah, waiting for an answer from the BC2 dudes. I'll assume that Squad Rush is there day one for all pc users.

recklessmind said:
Do we know exactly what hud elements are deactivated in HCM?

Anyone know from the PC beta?

HUD is off and FF is on. I think the spotting triangles were off too. No killcam.

I think weapons do more damage (or you have less health) but having said that, if vehicles don't scale either, then they're too much for HC mode. The beta servers didn't really have a legit HCM, they just toggled various settings.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
RS4- said:
HUD is off and FF is on. I think the spotting triangles were off too. No killcam.

I think weapons do more damage (or you have less health) but having said that, if vehicles don't scale either, then they're too much for HC mode. The beta servers didn't really have a legit HCM, they just toggled various settings.

Weapons definitely do more damage. An SMG is comparable to an assault rifle in hardcore, even at long range.

Hardcore also removes crosshairs from weapons, which makes the tracer dart and mounted MGs harder to use. You *really* should be able to have your crosshair for the tracer dart at least in hardcore.

Nelson Bay looks freaking awesome from that screen alone. :lol Reminds me of one of my favorite mp maps Verschneit from AA Spearhead!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm curious about perks/specializations in HCM.

DICE hasn't really gone into a lot of detail (neither have reviewers) about the specifics.

So, you're saying the HCM in the PC beta isn't HCM proper?

Mully

So I know it's not gonna be a while until we hear more about Battlefield 3, but do you all think that Destruction will be back for BF3?

BTW are those all the maps that are going to be included in the retail version? Seems kinda small to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom