• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Lince

Banned
haven't played this in ages (since I maxed out all the classes and went back to MAG), downloading the mega-patch now. I'm aware with Halo and CoD already released this will be full of hardcores, ugh, let's see...

Coldsnap

Pennybags said:
I deleted it from my FL after I stopped playing for a good while, but now that I'm back and none of my IRL friends play it I'm in need of some 360 comrades. :lol

I'm not the master tactician that some of the PS3 crew seem to be, but I cooperate.

Yea, I suck too but I will occasionally get lucky. What is your gamertag? I will look for you on the list, I am ColdsnapBryan

TheSeks said:
That's what happens when you land your attack chopper, have yourself near it, I KILL YOU. Then take it back to our base, wait for Faceless to spawn on me (SMH spawning on base instead of me. :|) and then we win. :lol :lol :lol
actually, a medic revived me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
haven't played this in ages (since I maxed out all the classes and went back to MAG), downloading the mega-patch now. I'm aware with Halo and CoD already released this will be full of hardcores, ugh, let's see...
YAY! Lince is joining the party.

The mega patch adds 4 new (free) maps,some bugfixes and the BFBC2 Vietnam assets (Paid DLC,$15 bucks)

Great matches guys, i totally rocked Harvest Day Defend.
I end up with 13 kills and 1 death.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just for PCGAF, I'm probably the only person on PS3GAF with the exception of Faceless and Abu that likes Heavy Metal. It's a decent Conquest map when teams aren't stacked/one-team is steamrolling.

Faceless said:
actually, a medic revived me.

SMH to that Medic then, I sat there firing volley shots on the ground and I'm like "WTF, did he just spawn not on the helicopter I just took? >:|"

And Kaoz joined on Port Valadez. Nice seeing you, but you should really change some classes, I think I only saw you as Assault most of the game. That and if you're getting in tanks, it'd help if you were an engineer. Any other class in a pinch/stealing the tank but engineers keep them up and can help them stay up (if not the gunner/driver getting out).

Also the anti-air wagon's second seat (the anti-air itself) is useless against infantry and well... nearly everything. :lol Dunno why you were sitting in it.

charsace

New maps are mediocre.

Choppers need to be slowed down. I got my hands on the chopper on oasis finally and just destroyed the other team. circle spamming isn't even hard. You do one or two circuits around the defenders and then fly back, repair and repeat. Choppers are just to fast on the console.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Just for PCGAF, I'm probably the only person on PS3GAF with the exception of Faceless and Abu that likes Heavy Metal. It's a decent Conquest map when teams aren't stacked/one-team is steamrolling.

SMH to that Medic then, I sat there firing volley shots on the ground and I'm like "WTF, did he just spawn not on the helicopter I just took? >:|"
Hey hey! Im driving the Heavy Metal Hype Train ! :lol

TheSeks

Fersis said:

Then Evolved is in the caboose complaining endlessly about it. I dunno why (WTF CHOPPERS I guess), because it's a decent map with VADS for anti-air (if you steal them) so it's not like the choppers can totally dominate on that map.

Charsace said:
Choppers need to be slowed down. I got my hands on the chopper on oasis finally and just destroyed the other team. circle spamming isn't even hard. You do one or two circuits around the defenders and then fly back, repair and repeat. Choppers are just to fast on the console.

Sounds like they didn't attempt to get the anti-air. Sure, if the pilot focuses on that it's annoying, but someone on the defending team should nearly be in that sucker 24/7 so as soon as the helicopter is seen over the horizon (SPOT, FIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIRECHOPPERDEATH).

Stallion Free said:
Harvest Day Rush is a little more of a throw back to the BF map style I prefer where it is quite wide and there is a lot of play space, but they have a ton of stuff to use as cover. Plenty of shrubs, small hills, a stream, and tons of trees around the side. You can do some serious flanking
as a wookie
and it is satisfying

Yeah, I really enjoy Harvest Day. I don't know if it's the aesthetic or the map design or both, but there's something cool about hiding behind hay bales as tanks roll in (or vice versa).

Mr Sandman said:
They should put more barriers between the spawn AA guns and the flag closest to the enemy spawn though. It's irritating how they can reach that far, like the other helis, tanks, tracers, AT4, B's AA gun, etc, etc weren't enough. Ugh.

Yeah, I learned pretty quickly that venturing too far into the enemy base is almost a death wish, with multiple turrets, the AA, and tanks. I don't think I ever got killed by a rocket or a sniper though.

Cuban Legend said:
Yeah, before I left yesterday afternoon, we had a few good games with your buddy on that server that was rotating the new maps that have Conquest Mode (Cold War is not Conquest compatible though) It was very fun indeed.

Nice. I'm definitely down for some late night games tonight, if anyone is around.

Fersis said:

Put me in Heavy Metal + map :D

The only problem is people playing it like Atacama and just waiting for chopper spawns. SMH if you don't get in get to a base the map so large that you will cost the match by sitting there it isn't a 20sec ATV ride to the farthest base :/

Love Oasis and Harvest day too, just shows that you don't need artificial choke points to focus the map. Especially Harvest day, I took he T-90 and rolled it up the left side for the first three fighting for every goddam inch of dirt, so intense.

charsace

TheSeks said:
Then Evolved is in the caboose complaining endlessly about it. I dunno why (WTF CHOPPERS I guess), because it's a decent map with VADS for anti-air (if you steal them) so it's not like the choppers can totally dominate on that map.

Sounds like they didn't attempt to get the anti-air. Sure, if the pilot focuses on that it's annoying, but someone on the defending team should nearly be in that sucker 24/7 so as soon as the helicopter is seen over the horizon (SPOT, FIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIRECHOPPERDEATH).
Hard to stop when a team knows what they are doing. When the attackers have the chopper and tanks going there is nothing the other team can do.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Also the anti-air wagon's second seat (the anti-air itself) is useless against infantry and well... nearly everything. :lol Dunno why you were sitting in it.

I destroy people with the AA turret... :lol

Far from useless. It kills infantry in 1-2 volleys if you hit them well.

TheSeks said:

:lol

I don't really have an issue with the birds on HM... they're only annoying when you can't hit them with the tank turret/MG because you can only shoot <45 degree angle. So the pilot can basically just hover and destroy you w/o worry of getting hit. That's annoying, but it's part of the game, and I don't really complain about the choppers (that I recall) on that map.

My main gripe is that the lack of CQB encourages people to play with explosive perks + tracer, and that makes driving tanks quite precarious on such open levels. Tracers can hit you from forever away, and then the engineer just hides behind a rock and RPG's you, and it's hard to locate them/kill them once you're lit up. It's a minor gripe though, and I still haven't played the map with a good team. So the jury is still out.

When I complain about choppers, it's dual circle strafers on Oasis.

TheSeks

charsace said:
Hard to stop when a team knows what they are doing. When the attackers have the chopper and tanks going there is nothing the other team can do.

Defense has tanks. Gunner seat can take the helicopter out. Driver/tank can take the tanks out. Someone in the chair can take the helicopter out. Engineers can take the tanks out with mines on the road (if pushing out fast at start) or RPG.

Yes, helicopters on that map are annoying. But is it "LOL UNBALANCED SHITTY MAP?" Fuck no. You want annoying? Try helicopters + tanks + ARTILLERY (basically mortars but from starting attack spawn) on that map in addition to recons. THAT becomes hella annoying real fast having to hoof it if your public defending teammates are idiots and didn't go to their starting spawn quickly to stop the artillery in BC1.

Far from useless. It kills infantry in 1-2 volleys if you hit them well.

The problem with it is the same as the tank guner, it has a 30 degree angle + it's slightly higher than most infantry would be on level ground. Using it for anything other than clearing trees (which it sucks at, BTW) or helicopters is just :|. I mean, yeah, it works. But why bother with it?

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
The problem with it is the same as the tank guner, it has a 30 degree angle + it's slightly higher than most infantry would be on level ground. Using it for anything other than clearing trees (which it sucks at, BTW) or helicopters is just :|. I mean, yeah, it works. But why bother with it?

100% true. When I get kills it's usually from a distance firing on elevated targets. Sometimes I'll park on a downslope (especially on PV) to get a good angle at infantry coming up the hill, or near the crates.

Not the most effective vehicle, but it does kill infantry if you're in a position to get some fire on them.

Edit: I really like it for clearing that hill/ledge as you come down the road toward 2B on Port Valdez. It rips through those guys who often hind behind the mountainside in front of the crate. Doesn't always work though, and you're pretty exposed... *shrug*

abuC

I love Heavy metal, then again I love tank warfare and park my tank high up on a hill and rain down shells. On a map like that I just use the armor perk since everyone and their momma is a engineer.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
My PS3 issue got resolved, I'm gonna get this bitch patched so I start playing again. :D

Awesome. :D

PS3GAF is rolling pretty deep lately. Have some new blood too, and they're good players.

Calion

Fersis said:
YAY! Lince is joining the party.

The mega patch adds 4 new (free) maps,some bugfixes and the BFBC2 Vietnam assets (Paid DLC,$15 bucks)

Great matches guys, i totally rocked Harvest Day Defend.
I end up with 13 kills and 1 death.

Yeah, the defense was very solid that round. Great games.

poppabk said:
Yeah the configurator is a god send. You need to have the overgrowth on medium if you ever want to exfoliagate an area with a stationary mg, because the 2D trees are not in the same exact spot as the 3D ones.
Yeah that configurator made my playtime in BC2 heaven. Before that it was hell trying to play competetively against others who could run BC2 at a constantly high framerate...

I'll link to that post I made about the configurator so others can discover it if they haven't already.

Fersis

Calion82v said:
Yeah, the defense was very solid that round. Great games.
Yeah i saw you around.
Add me if you want to.

Has anyone else noticed the chopper handling seems to be tweaked? Manly the pitch limitations (PS3) it's now a lot easier to nose down to death where it was much harder to do previously.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
One of my favorite tactics on Heavy Metal is to get a jeep and bait a chopper into chasing me. Then I drive past the base of one of the windmills and :lol as the chopper gets sliced into oblivion. If it doesn't blow them up, it sends them reeling halfway across the map. Works every time.

TheSeks said:
I love Heavy Metal, my AT4 hasn't seen so much action like this since before the debuff way back when

Mr. Snrub said:
Nice. I'm definitely down for some late night games tonight, if anyone is around.
To be honest I cant remember if it was you or Spl1nter who I was playing with who had a buddy along last afternoon on the PC-GAF Mumble server. I'm bad with new names at first... :lol

Cuban Legend said:
To be honest I cant remember if it was you or Spl1nter who I was playing with who had a buddy along last afternoon on the PC-GAF Mumble server. I'm bad with new names at first... :lol

Probably wasn't me, I work during the day...may have been my roommate, Lupurnican. He and his brothers usually play with Spl1nter and me. Regardless, glad PC GAF is resurgent!

abuC

One of my sniper teammates ended up setting up shop ontop of one of the fans on heavy metal :lol

I will never ever ever play hardcore Heavy Metal, I cant even imagine how annoying it must be.

TheSeks

abuC said:
One of my sniper teammates ended up setting up shop ontop of one of the fans on heavy metal :lol

BRB, going to Heavy Metal Hardcore to attempt this.

Holy shit. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol DICE better fucking fix that shit otherwise I'm going to have to go recon and look at the windmills.

SA-X

I love playing defense on the first set on Harvest Day. Its great how after you stop a big push from the attackers you can look around and see tanks on fire all over the place. :lol Likewise its great as attackers to rush in with tanks from all directions and just wreck shit.

And Cold War is a great map. Every game I've played on it has just been in your face chaos.

Stallion Free said:
Just had a great play session with the PC crew, we'll definitely being playing more tonight.

If you want in, friend me up here and I'll shoot you an invite: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stallionfree/

I know we can get 3 full squads, I know we can.

I'm down for some late (like, midnight central time) games. Trying to get my friend and his two brothers too...we could get 3 squads easy if they join.

My friendlist is hitting maximum capacity soon.
So don't be surprised if I don't add people immediately

recklessmind said:
Hey PS3 new guys... make sure you check dream's list and send FR to either him of myself (Evolved1) with gaf:bc2 in the message, so we can help get you all into the rotation. I'll be playing on and off most of the day, so send me you requests and I'll add you. Join my games and you'll see other gaffers you can add through the recent players met XMB option, or by going through the chart and spamming FR to everyone. Probably easier to just join our games though and add people as you play with them.

BUMP

TheSeks

O, where art thou, FacelessMaster?!

*slowly ejects disc while looking sad at Faceless's PSN being offline and sticks GT5 in slowly*

SEE WHAT YOU MAKE ME DO, FACELESS!? DO YOU THINK I LIKE THIS!? DO YOU THINK I WANT TO CARRY ROCKSCAR'S IMBALANCED AND JELLYMAD'S RANDOMS BY MYSELF!? :(

Zezboob said:
Any weapons recommendation since the last update ?

I am a bit lost with the new balance.
Can't go wrong with an M16 and a red dot. Just do a slight pause before each burst and it's wonderful. If you burst too quick it get's inaccurate quick. It's the gun I can fall back onto and always do well with.

TheSeks said:
O, where art thou, FacelessMaster?!

*slowly ejects disc while looking sad at Faceless's PSN being offline and sticks GT5 in slowly*

SEE WHAT YOU MAKE ME DO, FACELESS!? DO YOU THINK I LIKE THIS!? DO YOU THINK I WANT TO CARRY ROCKSCAR'S IMBALANCED AND JELLYMAD'S RANDOMS BY MYSELF!? :(
just woke up

Zezboob said:
Any weapons recommendation since the last update ?

I am a bit lost with the new balance.

Everything seems very balanced now, but lately I've been enjoying the G3 with RDS and M14 with ACOG. I've also been having fun with pump shotguns, thanks to finally getting good with my new mouse.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
just woke up

Good, then I'll be there after this stupid update to Prologue to see the special options later.

Stallion Free said:
Just had a great play session with the PC crew, we'll definitely being playing more tonight.

If you want in, friend me up here and I'll shoot you an invite: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stallionfree/

I know we can get 3 full squads, I know we can.
Yeah I was AT4'ingshit so hard it made Defending actually fun for me :lol

I'll be available in the mumble server between 10:00pm-midnight EST tonight.

Great... I was going to spend the entire day just playing the new maps then the power went out on my ENTIRE CITY BLOCK!!! I'm so bummed. Posting this from my laptop at a coffee shop out of the neighborhood :(

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
just woke up

GT5P update done, come on sleepy head. Boot BC2 already.

Edit: WTF Heavy Metal loading freezes the game.

Top Bottom