• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, the vast majority of my deaths tonight were from level 50's. Is this really the only folks left playing?

Tons of newbies on consoles - thanks to Black Friday.

PC just need some mega steam sale for the game or something.

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, the vast majority of my deaths tonight were from level 50's. Is this really the only folks left playing?
well, there are tons of level 50 players. probably 10k players by now per platform have hit 50. it takes like 4-500 hours on average and the game's been out like 9 months.

Cuban Legend said:
On December 14th BC2 is coming to Games on Demand for Xbox Live.

That might help.
i will not buy the games on demand version.
oh man, where's Tekken 6?

Bro, I might just be able to join 360-GAF because I've only owned the PC-Steam version, and have wanted to play/own the 360 version for a while now... and I'm an achievement whore and I've a tendency to double-dip because I love digital copies of game.

The question is, is this the "ultimate edition" of the 360 version coming to on-demand?

Cuban Legend said:
Bro, I might just be able to join 360-GAF because I've only owned the PC-Steam version, and have wanted to plya/own teh 360 version for a while now...

Also I'm an achievement whore and I've a tendency to double-dip because I love digital copies of game... so yeah.

The question is, is this the "ultimate edition" of the 360 version coming to on-demand?
i was under the impression that the 'ultimate edition' on 360 just comes with the dlc codes for the other stuff and the disk is the same as the original edition.

well that is a shame, I'd prefer a digital copy via Games on Demand, but I'd also want the DLC without having to spend extra money for it. :/ Here's hoping PC-BC2GAF activity goes up because I'm probably going to be stuck on PC.

Cuban Legend said:
well that is a shame, I'd prefer a digital copy via Games on Demand, but I'd also want the DLC without having to spend extra money for it. :/ Here's hoping PC-BC2GAF activity goes up because I'm probably going to be stuck on PC.
well, i guess it depends on how they price it...

Allright im hopping back into this, sorry for not playing in a while.

I still have some of you on my PSN friendlist, will bring you my 1.51 win/lose ratio prowess! ;D

Snowballo

Can you confirm that during the release day of the new maps it was possible to look for a specific map before a match while now you cannot do it anymore (you can do it just for the old maps)?

Thanks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dkeane said:
:lol
Bloghastings2.jpg

Thats pretty neat.

Day one for me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any screens of vietnam recons? Do they still look like fuzz balls?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
oh and i was playing on PS3, i saw abu on, was amazed to see crak not playing gt5, a few other peeps were playing too, we had like 7 gaffers, but seks was nowhere to be found. even jtrizzy was on!!!

Dude, it was five in the morning here when you posted that. I was asleep. :lol

Heavy Metal Squad DM is awesome. so many buildings, it's like a little village on the hill!

abuC said:
Cold war is intense, really liking that map.
yep, it's intense. the Squad DM version is action packed too.

TheSeks said:
Dude, it was five in the morning here when you posted that. I was asleep. :lol
it was 5 in the morning here too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
PC Gaf is usually on around 7 PM EST (US). We all got kicked like an hour in last night by punkbuster (normally it kicks within the first couple minutes if it needs an update so it was fucking weird). We had like two full squads though.

Add me up here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stallionfree/

KAOz

Short bus special
Just played my first rounds of Squad DM.

I hate it. Probably because I didn't play with good enough people. Is it just bad luck that EVERY squad I end up with, has 3 fucking snipers? Or is it normal? They where even all hanging out at the same place!

PS3 BF-GAF, come online, form a squad, and kick ass with me in Squad DM.

Please. :,(

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
it was 5 in the morning here too.

Shut up and join our squad. :(

Ew. Squad-DM. Seriously? Fersis isn't here, man! Come back to Rush and Conquest! :( :lol

Newbie said:
PS3 BF-GAF, come online, form a squad, and kick ass with me in Squad DM.

Andthentheresthisassholenewbie.jpg

No one plays Squad DM because it's a terrible mode. You want DM? Go to Call of Duty. Come to Rush and Conquest, those are Battlefield! :mad:

KAOz

Short bus special
TheSeks said:
Andthentheresthisassholenewbie.jpg

No one plays Squad DM because it's a terrible mode. You want DM? Go to Call of Duty. Come to Rush and Conquest, those are Battlefield! :mad:

Yeah, I muchly prefer Conquest and Rush. A HUGE fucking amount. I guess it's no good being a trophy-whore at the same time. It's the only mode I have to win in to get that trophy. :lol

But probably better to do with randoms, and play the FUN modes with you guys.

TheSeks

KAOz said:

Yeah, I muchly prefer Conquest and Rush. A HUGE fucking amount. I guess it's no good being a trophy-whore at the same time. It's the only mode I have to win in to get that trophy. :lol

But probably better to do with randoms, and play the FUN modes with you guys.

You know... instead of posting here right now you could be playing RUSH WITH US RIGHT NOW. Rockscar, Faceless and myself are all in a game. COME ON.

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
PC Gaf is usually on around 7 PM EST (US). We all got kicked like an hour in last night by punkbuster (normally it kicks within the first couple minutes if it needs an update so it was fucking weird). We had like two full squads though.

I´ll add you too if you accept me. I have no idea if playing with US gaf is a good (ping) idea though.

Stallion Free said:

You also on the mumble server? I joined it yesterday and played a few games with 3 GAF guys who were cool. Then i fell asleep at like 5pm from fatigue... if that's not where PC-BC2GAF meets up then where?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
You also on the mumble server? I joined it yesterday and played a few games with 3 GAF guys who were cool. Then i fell asleep at like 5pm from fatigue... if that's not where PC-BC2GAF meets up then where?
We are Mumble most of the night, but before that it will be ral quiet. I will prolly be on the mumble server from 5PM -2AM tonight, most of us will be, chilling in Tea Time or something. Once we have 4 or so people we pick what game we play and move around as a group. Last night we did Black Ops zombies till we had more than 4 than we switched to BC2 and accumulated like 8 people and then we all got kicked and we finished the night with about 6 of us playing AvP. That's how our mumble community rolls :lol

derFeef said:
I´ll add you too if you accept me. I have no idea if playing with US gaf is a good (ping) idea though.
You should be fine. Sanjuro plays with us and he is in England.

Stallion Free said:

Yeah, what's up with the kicks? I didn't have any but my roommate would get them every 10-15 minutes.

Seems like a lot of console players don't like Heavy Metal...I'm curious what PC GAF thinks of it. My friend and I played a 1000 ticket game last night and it was utterly epic. I felt like a Battlefield 2 map. Rolling in with a tank and having two choppers backing you up, trekking across the hills, scanning control points for movement. And the chopper battles...my god. Utterly fucking epic. At one point my roommate and I were in the hind, clearing out a batch of snipers in the wooded crest at the middle of the map, and then got into a fight with an Apache. We ended up losing and both bailed, and on my way down, I RPG'ed a tank from my parachute and blew him up. The engy that was repairing him came at us with a shotgun and killed my friend, and then I got him. Even the enemy engy typed, "whoa...that was intense."

Coldsnap

Had a major sour puss player last night on xbox 360, named xJustxInxTime or something. After being first in a match he sent me a message saying "lol you camp like a pussy". The thing is though I didn't have a squad so I could only spawn in camps and I had A B C capped so I was bouncing between A and B killing people. So I leave the match and join another and he follows me and attempts to grief me with shooting rockets at me; the thing is though he kept dying and I would get an avenger kill then defibrillator him so I was getting mad points. He then went to the other team and continued to finish last. So all in all it really backfired on him for being a jerk...

Just a quick test after the 1.7 gig update that i still know how to play it, I got to hop in at a better time for a longer haul with the GAF PS3 Posse.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, what's up with the kicks? I didn't have any but my roommate would get them every 10-15 minutes.

Seems like a lot of console players don't like Heavy Metal...I'm curious what PC GAF thinks of it. My friend and I played a 1000 ticket game last night and it was utterly epic. I felt like a Battlefield 2 map. Rolling in with a tank and having two choppers backing you up, trekking across the hills, scanning control points for movement. And the chopper battles...my god. Utterly fucking epic. At one point my roommate and I were in the hind, clearing out a batch of snipers in the wooded crest at the middle of the map, and then got into a fight with an Apache. We ended up losing and both bailed, and on my way down, I RPG'ed a tank from my parachute and blew him up. The engy that was repairing him came at us with a shotgun and killed my friend, and then I got him. Even the enemy engy typed, "whoa...that was intense."
It feels like the maps that I disliked in older BF games. I hate the wide open fields. Put in more villages and shit, streams passing through, anything to help the infantry a bit more.

Also, I took off in a helicopter and was shot down almost immediately by an AA turret that was at the opposite teams spawn :( I had just barely reached the first cap point. PC players are crazy efficient at taking out choppers.

Stallion Free said:
We are Mumble most of the night, but before that it will be ral quiet. I will prolly be on the mumble server from 5PM -2AM tonight, most of us will be, chilling in Tea Time or something. Once we have 4 or so people we pick what game we play and move around as a group. Last night we did Black Ops zombies till we had more than 4 than we switched to BC2 and accumulated like 8 people and then we all got kicked and we finished the night with about 6 of us playing AvP. That's how our mumble community rolls :lol

You should be fine. Sanjuro plays with us and he is in England.
Ok sounds good. I've added you. I'll be on tonight for at least 3 hours between 5pm and 2am.

Yesterday... Mr. Snrub asked me on steam what my BC2 soldier-name was then I joined the mumble server and he was one of the 3 guys i played with yesterday afternoon before i fell asleep. It was amazing.

This is me on steam, I've added you http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cuban_Legend I hope that is ok, anyone from PC-BC2 GAF who wishes to add me, feel free. I actively play TF2 and BC2 along with more steam games.

Stallion Free said:
It feels like the maps that I disliked in older BF games. I hate the wide open fields. Put in more villages and shit, streams passing through, anything to help the infantry a bit more.

Also, I took off in a helicopter and was shot down almost immediately by an AA turret that was at the opposite teams spawn :( I had just barely reached the first cap point. PC players are crazy efficient at taking out choppers.

It's definitely not up to par with the good-great BF2 maps but at this point I'll take it. Haven't tried conquest with any of the other new maps yet. Mostly played Harvest Day, one short round of OASIS, and Heavy Metal. Was gonna try Cold War but my friend got tired of being kicked.

TheSeks

That's what happens when you land your attack chopper, have yourself near it, I KILL YOU. Then take it back to our base, wait for Faceless to spawn on me (SMH spawning on base instead of me. :|) and then we win. :lol :lol :lol

Ever since I optimized my PCBC2, everything runs at nearly max FPS even during action.

Not only that, but having only the soldier detail and vehicle detail on high allows for easy spotting of enemies against low quality terrain/vegetation backdrops.

Now I'm considering swapping the static object and overgrowth detail to "medium" because the LOD pop-in on "low" is a bit distracting while moving around a level...

Mr. Snrub said:

Yeah, before I left yesterday afternoon, we had a few good games with your buddy on that server that was rotating the new maps that have Conquest Mode (Cold War is not Conquest compatible though) It was very fun indeed.

Nabs said:
i need a team of snrub/spl1nter/stall/jenga so i don't rage while learning these maps.
You're on my Steam Friends List, when you see me of anyone of us jump into BC2 just join the mumble server, jump into BC2 and follow us to our server of choice. :)

My BC2 Soldier name is "Cuban Legend", add me if you havent already. the "561" and "007" variants are my secondary accounts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr. Snrub said:
It's definitely not up to par with the good-great BF2 maps but at this point I'll take it. Haven't tried conquest with any of the other new maps yet. Mostly played Harvest Day, one short round of OASIS, and Heavy Metal. Was gonna try Cold War but my friend got tired of being kicked.
Harvest Day Rush is a little more of a throw back to the BF map style I prefer where it is quite wide and there is a lot of play space, but they have a ton of stuff to use as cover. Plenty of shrubs, small hills, a stream, and tons of trees around the side. You can do some serious flanking
as a wookie
and it is satisfying.

Cold War is insanely tight and batshit insane from the bit I was able to play. Clusterfuck with 32 players the way that infantry only Karkand was with 64 players on the first CP.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Mr. Snrub said:

Seems like a lot of console players don't like Heavy Metal...I'm curious what PC GAF thinks of it.
I like it, and I am pretty much a Rush only player. The way the map is laid out, and the large distances you have to travel mean that it plays out a lot more like a rush attack/defense than most of the conquest games I have played where any number of people can be headed to any point at any time from any direction. There seems to be more of an ebb and flow with an actual 'front' to the battle. Plus I love killing vehicles, which makes nearly all the new maps great for me.

Evolved1

Ugh... my internet is crap today. Keep getting dropped. I was beasting in a couple of those round too. :/

SCAR is a pretty good SMG... never use it. I'll be golding that one pretty quick.

About Heavy Metal... frustrating map when there are a bunch of engineers w/ tracer + explosive damage perks. And there isn't much CQB, so must people are running w/ EXPL+

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cuban Legend said:
Now I'm considering swapping the static object and overgrowth detail to "medium" because the LOD pop-in on "low" is a bit distracting while moving around a level...
Yeah the configurator is a god send. You need to have the overgrowth on medium if you ever want to exfoliagate an area with a stationary mg, because the 2D trees are not in the same exact spot as the 3D ones.

Pennybags

Coldsnap said:
It was a sad state late light when there was no one on Gaf Xbox 360 tag playing.... Add him to your list people!

I deleted it from my FL after I stopped playing for a good while, but now that I'm back and none of my IRL friends play it I'm in need of some 360 comrades. :lol

I'm not the master tactician that some of the PS3 crew seem to be, but I cooperate.

Nabs

Cuban Legend said:
You're on my Steam Friends List, when you see me of anyone of us jump into BC2 just join the mumble server, jump into BC2 and follow us to our server of choice. :)

My BC2 Soldier name is "Cuban Legend", add me if you havent already. the "561" and "007" variants are my secondary accounts.

this should be fun

Evolved1

They should take the mortars away from recons... the class don't deserve them.

TheSeks

KAOz sits here posting and yet doesn't join our Conquest and Rush games. WTF, guy.

Mr. Snrub said:

Agreed. It's fucking awesome. However <20 players it was kind of slow. 32 players on it's by far the best Conquest map. So epic. :D Love how the Blackhawk is finally in Conquest again, after all these years. They should put more barriers between the spawn AA guns and the flag closest to the enemy spawn though. It's irritating how they can reach that far, like the other helis, tanks, tracers, AT4, B's AA gun, etc, etc weren't enough. Ugh.

Completely forgot about this game. I barely had any chance to play it because my disc broke like a week after I bought it. Never bothered getting it again for some reason.

I may pick this up when Vietnam hits. Would getting into Multiplayer so late be hard? Is everyone a beast at this game now?

Top Bottom