• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Helis need a buff on PC. Too many damn factors against them. On Heavy Metal at least, the choppers don't last long at all. I don't know what they could do though. It would be bullshit to see a tank shell or AT4 rocket nail one and not take it down, but right now it's just too easy.

Maybe give all helis flares so they can equip the hellfire missiles to deal with the tanks better, or armor to withstand HMG fire a little longer. If you don't have smoke on, you'll cut your heli's life from about 35 seconds to 15. :lol Which makes the other perks worthless, which is a shame. I guess with all the tech in BC2 (tracer darts, guided AT4s) we'll just have to get our chopper fix in Vietnam...unless there's some equally deadly counters we don't know about.

Mr. Snrub said:
Might be down for this.
Nice! Just fill me in on the details. Probably can't be until late late for me though (some more unexpected shit came up ugh!).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Rainy Dog said:
Will do abu, cheers.

AbuC is really good... I don't even walk near the choppers when he's on. Just in case he feels like flying I want to make sure not to get in his way. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
it's sitting in the menu for me, i'll be back on in 3 hours. gotta do other things!

:( ...

*silently turns off PS3 and goes to Jive sessions*

Just in case he feels like flying I want to make sure not to get in his way.

Whenever Abu is in the chopper, I cry tears of joy to be gunning for him. :lol

My friendlist is hitting maximum capacity soon.
So don't be surprised if I don't add people immediately

recklessmind said:
Hey PS3 new guys... make sure you check dream's list and send FR to either him of myself (Evolved1) with gaf:bc2 in the message, so we can help get you all into the rotation. I'll be playing on and off most of the day, so send me you requests and I'll add you. Join my games and you'll see other gaffers you can add through the recent players met XMB option, or by going through the chart and spamming FR to everyone. Probably easier to just join our games though and add people as you play with them.

BUMP

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Mr Sandman said:
we'll just have to get our chopper fix in Vietnam...unless there's some equally deadly counters we don't know about.
Small arms fire does damage.

Started playing this again the other day after quite a while and I'm getting people getting annoyed when I revive them? Any reason for this? Fair enough if they want to change kits or whatever but people are telling me to not revive them at all and I don't really get it :/

I guess here I am, sent a add to evolved and ill fire one off to dreamcatcher in a sec. New as hell though. Probably trash but GAF games are always a goodtime.

TheSeks

xKilltheMx said:
I guess here I am, sent a add to evolved and ill fire one off to dreamcatcher in a sec. New as hell though. Probably trash but GAF games are always a goodtime.

That's most certainly not his name here or on PSN, duder. You might want to check again. ;)

Also I'm hopping on now. Where art thou, Faceless Master? :(

Started playing this again the other day after quite a while and I'm getting people getting annoyed when I revive them? Any reason for this? Fair enough if they want to change kits or whatever but people are telling me to not revive them at all and I don't really get it :/

Are you reviving them in the middle of a gunfight/sniper? Because that generally pisses me off when Rockscar picks up my medic kit and revives me only for me to be resnipped. It's like "QUIT, DUDE."

Otherwise ignore their asses, your job is to pick them up if their body is needed + refunding tickets in attackers side.

TheSeks said:
That's most certainly not his name here or on PSN, duder. You might want to check again. ;)

Lmfao i dont know where I go that name from lmao. I think I did the right one on PSN and typed it wrong here.

edit: Yeah I did it right on PSN i think I looked at the dream catcher on my wall while typing tat up. whoopppss.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Baloonatic said:

Sometimes you aren't doing someone a favor reviving them in a firefight... I know that I rarely go down in CQB without a fight. Usually I have a spent mag in the primary and one or two rounds left in the secondary. They I get suddenly revived, have to reload, and get killed. Not always the case, and medics can be great help with that ability, but in a gunfight it can do more harm than good.

Just gotta be smart about it and revive when things are clear or you know the person will have time to take cover/reload if they have to. Or anytime when the team is gang banging 3B on Nelson Bay.

TheSeks

Gawwwwd, everyone except Faceless and myself are in one game. On the same team. I'm on the opposing team any time I join (OBVIOUSLY) and Faceless is playing by himself in a rush game.

SMH. I want to do Conquest. Where is Abu so we can Chopper in Heavy Metal. BAWWWWWWWWWW. ;___;

Mully

So my car just got fucked up by some drunkie who just drove directly into my parked car. I can't drive to my team's victory party so expect to see me on the 360 tonight.

Sanjay

lol @ scoreboard

[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
random
random
random

Very similar scoreboards on GAF PC too:-

Splinter
Sanjuro
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
random
random
random
Vertopci

TheSeks

lol @ scoreboard

[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
random
random
random

Call of Battlefield: GAF DOES EVERYTHING 2. ;)

abuC

I got the frostbite freeze on Oasis, sucks too cause Dream and I were killing tons of people with our stolen helicopter.

Calion

lol @ scoreboard

[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
random
random
random

IMAG0501.jpg

:D

TheSeks

abuC said:
I got the frostbite freeze on Oasis, sucks too cause Dream and I were killing tons of people with our stolen helicopter.

Yeah, Faceless and I got taken out (I'm so shitty when he's flying fast and spinning in directions I don't know he's going. Stupid lock on the gun. :|) by the anti-air as me and him attempted to take it out. I think you two took it out and then suddenly you were gone. I'm like "did they get taken out? :/"

>>Scoreboard<<

lol I'm Ace that round. I couldn't believe it. I only had like 6 kills 2 deaths and a bunch of support points. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Calion82v said:
Yeah abuC needs to use the [GAF] tag NOW !!!

I left the last match because i was playing awful. =/

abuC

Fersis said:
Yeah abuC needs to use the [GAF] tag NOW !!!

I left the last match because i was playing awful. =/

Haha I put it back on, when GT5 came out I took it off because most of the Gaf army was on leave.

TheSeks

soundahfekz said:
Just got bf2bc fellas, my question is this: is the VIP code with the limited edition attached to the ps3 or the psn id?

PSN id.

todahawk

Everyone bailed after I joined! :(
Went 7-0 and did pretty Ok for being so rusty. Jumped into a conquest match of heavy metal and had some fun....

soundahfekz said:
Just got bf2bc fellas, my question is this: is the VIP code with the limited edition attached to the ps3 or the psn id?

Technically the psn id that is associated with your EA account.

Realistically, any user on your ps3 will have access to the content.

Jas

Sent a couple of invites out to PS3 Gaf (Dreamgazer you are full now). I play pretty much everyday. If anyone is looking for other people to play with my PSN is ejas.

I play on PC too but not as much since it's a bit tougher to meet people since no one uses the in game voice chat. My user name on PC is Jas16.

vertopci

Sanjay said:
Very similar scoreboards on GAF PC too:-

Splinter
Sanjuro
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
[GAF]
random
random
random
Vertopci

You bastard! Not only did you put me last but you capitalized the v in my name! See if I ever help you get a game for cheap again!

damn, GAF was stomping on 360 too!

that was so awesome when i was flying the HIND and eight quid as gunner took out 2 Apaches and a Blackhawk on Heavy Metal! and then the AT Mine triple kill on Oasis :lol :lol :lol

olimpia84

looks like there is a bunch of new people here with the PS3 version. Feel free to add me, psn same as username. I play mostly Conquest btw

Salsa

Bought this the other day on gamersgate and im working my way up, currently at level 10 or something.

sogood.gif

Ive been missing some serious fun. I think lag's not really an issue here so i might be able to get in some GAF matches ? my game id is pablitomm i think.

damn, GAF was stomping on 360 too!

that was so awesome when i was flying the HIND and eight quid as gunner took out 2 Apaches and a Blackhawk on Heavy Metal! and then the AT Mine triple kill on Oasis :lol :lol :lol
Yeah that was a great game, but over way too quick. Needs more tickets, I could live on that map.

Do darts have drop at long range like bullets? I managed to tag two moving apaches which for me was a miracle. One of them was at pretty long range and they somehow evaded my rocket.

Next time I play Heavy Metal I'm going to go Assault w/ tracer gun and just do target practice all game.

bean breath said:
Yeah that was a great game, but over way too quick. Needs more tickets, I could live on that map.

Do darts have drop at long range like bullets? I managed to tag two moving apaches which for me was a miracle. One of them was at pretty long range and they somehow evaded my rocket.

Next time I play Heavy Metal I'm going to go Assault w/ tracer gun and just do target practice all game.
i think the darts go straight forever. other than the bolt action rifles, bullets go straight too, but there's a "bullet spread" that kicks in after the first shot that makes the bullet not go to the exact center of where you're aiming.

Arnie

One gold star off my Platinum for the M16, just gotta keep plugging away.

With these new maps I don't think I'll even need to buy Vietnam, especially with all the extra backlog bulge that comes with Christmas.

Cels

Got this game on PS3 for cheap.
Played BF2 and 1942 on PC but those were a long time ago.

Played a few matches (all as medic), KDR over 1, unfortunately unlocked just the medpack and not the shock paddles. I hate how they keep key elements to a kit behind walls, but at least you can get them pretty early on. At least in BF2 you had medpacks and shock paddles from the start...

A few Qs: No server browser? No Lobbies? No way to choose team? No auto-balance? I joined a game in which I think it was 10v3, played for a few minutes and didn't see any changes in the teams (other than people on my side quitting). If people could switch or if the game auto-balanced this would have changed to 6v7 or something wouldn't it?

Anyway, good game, having fun so far.

Arnie said:
One gold star off my Platinum for the M16, just gotta keep plugging away.

With these new maps I don't think I'll even need to buy Vietnam, especially with all the extra backlog bulge that comes with Christmas.
If you know how to handle the M16, throw a red dot on it and it's amazing. ACOGs pretty good, too for maps like Harvest. Iron sites are pretty bad, but functional. Dice never used an AR15 obviously.

TheSeks

Cels said:
Got this game on PS3 for cheap.
Played BF2 and 1942 on PC but those were a long time ago.

A few Qs: No server browser? No Lobbies? No way to choose team? No auto-balance? I joined a game in which I think it was 10v3, played for a few minutes and didn't see any changes in the teams (other than people on my side quitting). If people could switch or if the game auto-balanced this would have changed to 6v7 or something wouldn't it?

Anyway, good game, having fun so far.

Youmustbenewhere.gif

New to console FPS?

auto balance would mess up the squad system. people are already upset that their squads don't always squad up.

team switching, well, you kind of can if someone on your friends list is on the other team...

server browser would be nice.

what's the point of lobbies?

SP question here...

Did we ever find out what happened to the gold from the first game? DICE said that it was revealed in some 'idle state' dialogue, but I certainly never heard it. Google is not providing any answers either. Does anybody know?

TheSeks

Cels said:
Even Halo 2 back in 2004 had lobbies.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Maybe on PC. But those "lobbies" you're thinking of on XBL are nothing more than a hidden matchmaking screen.

Top Bottom