• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Vinsanity

Just got this game recently, and was interested in joining the group here. Please add me to the GAF list if there's room. Thanks! PS3: Vinzanity

Cels

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Maybe on PC. But those "lobbies" you're thinking of on XBL are nothing more than a hidden matchmaking screen.

Yea I haven't played Halo 2 in a while (can't play it on XBL anyway) and you're right. Halo 2 didn't have proper lobbies, just like the "lobbies" in console MW2 aren't real lobbies.

But Left 4 Dead 1/2 on 360 has REAL lobbies where the creator can kick/invite, lock slots, change teams (VS mode), choose character, change levels, change from public/private mode, can choose when to start the game, etc.

The point is, the features I listed are all features that consoles can and have done, and I believe makes the game more fun for me. Being able to pick a particular server, choose teams, have balanced teams automatically...why wouldn't online shooters have these?

I'm not bashing on BFBC2, I like the game, it's just that the game could have been better if it included the features I'm talking about.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cels said:
The point is, the features I listed are all features that consoles can and have done, and I believe makes the game more fun for me.

And I'm not disagreeing. You have no idea how often I go into "matchmaking enabled" console game threads to shit on their decision. I am from a PC online gaming background. I am a console gamer by choice. You have no idea how much I "SMH" at Console matchmaking and lack of options for console online everyday.

But the reality is: Halo 2/XBL made matchmaking popular for idiots console gamers. KZ2 and other "server browser" console games like it aren't the norm. They're the minority. To expect them all to conform to that in this day and age is insane. The only thing you can do is join me and help me start a movement on GAF->Internet->Industry->GAF about this stupid shit.

And to ruin your day:
Killzone 3 will drop the server browser and have matchmaking.
Be sure not to buy it until it's $30 or less to tell GG to fuck off with that bullshit turn of events because they didn't balance their game/people want to make stupid game modes.

Edit: Also L4D 1/2 360 are matchmaking with host/call_vote options. Host/players can call a vote to kick a player or restart a game. Host has no true ownership in the game like a PC server owner does (except in private/"play with friends" server creation). It's a difference from the norm on console, is all.

I so wish that you could send messages to people who aren't on your 360 Friends list. Played a couple of rounds against two squads of three guys each that flat out crushed our group. Very well organized, and I learned a few strategies just by being killed so often. There was no way I was going to submit to that pounding yet again, so we jumped out, but I wanted to let them know it wasn't a total bitch quit without having to Friend someone. Also played one of those stupid lopsided matches where our 3- and 2-man squads were up against a lone guy. I'd have rage-quit early on if it were me, but he stuck it out, even through another round. I can't believe the game can't find enough random solo players out there to slot people in mid-match. It certainly shouldn't have lasted like that into a third round.

I think I may pick this up for the PS3 soon.

TheSeks

adamsappel said:
I so wish that you could send messages to people who aren't on your 360 Friends list.

Uh... you can?

Players-met->Gamertag->Send user message->Voice/Text->Send!->??????->PROFIT!

It's in the dashboard and has always been there. Depending on the users privacy settings they may/may not allow it.

i frontflipped a CAV on Harvest Day CQ going full speed over one of those crests. :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks said:
Uh... you can?

It's in the dashboard and has always been there. Depending on the users privacy settings they may/may not allow it.
this.

plus, you can also send messages to them in BC2 by pressing start, going to the scoreboard, highlighting their GT and pressing Y to view the profile menu.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
this.

plus, you can also send messages to them in BC2 by pressing start, going to the scoreboard, highlighting their GT and pressing Y to view the profile menu.

Yeah, the X-box 360 version of games generally makes it REALLY easy to view someones Gamertag's "card"/profile view. It just takes finding the option.

TheSeks

all i want to ask them are when will photos work and if they ever plan to fix the artillery glitch in BC1

Yes, please, to the first. I want my photos that aren't off-screen, damn it. Now that the BC1 photos work (shock and horror) get started on BC2. :mad:

And artillery glitch? I kinda wish I knew about that when I needed the medals for the "Big Guns" trophy. :lol

TheSeks

Noisepurge said:
Just got a key to the Battlefield Play4Free Beta, got to check this out!

edit: aaand that's all we are allowed to say ;D

You know there is a Play For Free thead, right?

But PM me your impressions from the beta (to another beta user), I'm curious how you feel.

TheSeks said:
Uh... you can?

Thanks!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
all i want to ask them are when will photos work and if they ever plan to fix the artillery glitch in BC1
My guess :
1) No.
2) No.

TheSeks said:
You know there is a Play For Free thead, right?

But PM me your impressions from the beta (to another beta user), I'm curious how you feel.

Yeah i saw that thread but as it was titled justs for the trailer i thought this might be better, and starting a new thread for the beta would be kind of useless/teasing since we aren't supposed to talk about it just yet ;D

ah-nee-ways, let's play some rounds later on.

Hellcrow

Internet back after two months of blood and agony! Only to find out that PSN is down in my region. But now it is back up, and I've played laggy games with fellow gaffers again! However, I must build up skills again to compensate the lag.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
wNPNJ.jpg

TheSeks

Oh man. Faceless should be here for the steamLOLling I'm giving people in BC1. :lol

Horsebite said:
How did you get a papercut on your eyeball?

Well what happened was this:
I was sitting at my table last night reading the latest issue of Playboy. Being the fine, detail-oriented gentlemen that I am, I glued my eyes close to the pages so that I may not miss any detail of Miss December's fine physique.

Unfortunately,I was too eager to learn more about Miss December's "secret garden", and I hastily flipped open the center fold without thinking.

Then the tragedy happened - as the page with Miss December's fine legs pierced into my eyes. With eyes half blind, I screamed in pain and slapped the magazine out of my way.

"crap" I thought to myself.

What have I done? blinding myself over Playboy!
How can I face my brothers in arms in such a condition?
Will they even accept a pirate among their ranks?

(to be continued)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
Well what happened was this:
I was sitting at my table last night reading the latest issue of Playboy. Being the fine, detail-oriented gentlemen that I am, I glued my eyes close to the pages so that I may not miss any detail of Miss December's fine physique.

Unfortunately,I was too eager to learn more about Miss December's "secret garden", and I hastily flipped open the center fold without thinking.

Then the tragedy happened - as the page with Miss December's fine legs pierced into my eyes. With eyes half blind, I screamed in pain and slapped the magazine out of my way.

Wow I guess grandma wasn't lying... it really does make you go blind. :lol

Crakatak187 said:
Sorry to hear that Dream. It's not permanent and will heal in time right?

I'll be mostly B-specing endurance GT5 this week.

I can't get into that... my driver is too retarded. Makes me want to break something.

TheSeks

JESUS CHRIST, OLIMPIA!

JUST LEAVE ME DEAD!

Revive with your shotgun I don't want. Die. Revived. Die. Revive. Die. Revive. Die. >:| :mad:

And Oasis sucks. Too laggy. 1 kill to like 10 deaths despite the fact I'd hit the bastard with a grenade but LOL NOPE MYSTERY DISAPPEARING PROJECTILE. SMH.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
JESUS CHRIST, OLIMPIA!

JUST LEAVE ME DEAD!

Revive with your shotgun I don't want. Die. Revived. Die. Revive. Die. Revive. Die. >:| :mad:

And Oasis sucks. Too laggy. 1 kill to like 10 deaths despite the fact I'd hit the bastard with a grenade but LOL NOPE MYSTERY DISAPPEARING PROJECTILE. SMH.

:lol I kept making sure I 'cleared' the way before I revived you but they just kept coming whenever I thought it was completely clear :lol

Ohh and please don't bring down the USAS12, it's one of the best shotguns (and my favorite) in the game yet everybody hates it =/

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
:lol I kept making sure I 'cleared' the way before I revived you but they just kept coming whenever I thought it was completely clear :lol

That's what was pissing me off, there was five or so of them just flodding in at a time.

"You have been revived." (Start to turn. BLAM BLAM BLAM) Death.
... Goddamn it, Olimpia.
OLIMPIA... STOOOOOOOOOP. I don't even want Recon, let me have my Medic gun bac--
... >:|

abuC

TheSeks said:
That's what was pissing me off, there was five or so of them just flodding in at a time.

... Goddamn it, Olimpia.
OLIMPIA... STOOOOOOOOOP. I don't even want Recon, let me have my Medic gun bac--
... >:|

You left me to die with randoms, YOU LEFT ME WITH RANDOMS!

TheSeks

abuC said:
You left me to die with randoms, YOU LEFT ME WITH RANDOMS!

:lol :lol Were you able to at least hit anyone? I would fire grenades and they wouldn't come out. So frustrating.

recklessmind said:
Wow I guess grandma wasn't lying... it really does make you go blind. :lol

I can't get into that... my driver is too retarded. Makes me want to break something.
When they get higher level they get slightly less stupid and those guys actually do a whole lot better in fast cars then slow ones.

TheSeks said:
Uh... you can?

Still couldn't do it, but since I have Voice set to Friends-only, I can't send texts, either. Thanks, though.

adamsappel said:
Still couldn't do it, but since I have Voice set to Friends-only, I can't send texts, either. Thanks, though.
yeah, if you have that set to friends only it goes both ways. you can't send or receive voice, text or game invites with non-friends.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
In terms of Gaffers, there are more people playing this game on the PS3.
(just look at the majority of active posters on this thread.
It would be nice if more 360 GAFers would play. Seems like every time I check the BFBC2 tag, 2/3 of the people are playing Black Ops.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So who is going to buy Vietnam next week?

I'm so ready for Nam. Started playing this again over the weekend to get ready, forgot how awesome it is! So glad they brought back Harvest Day, that was my favorite map in BC1. Rocks just as much in BC2. Love watching those tanks come over the hill as defender at the first checkpoint.

Pennybags

Marvie_3 said:
It would be nice if more 360 GAFers would play. Seems like every time I check the BFBC2 tag, 2/3 of the people are playing Black Ops.

Hopefully 'Nam will do the trick. Just for the sake of it, I tried to re-add the metatag around a week or two ago, but I don't think the owner is maintaining it.

TheSeks

adamsappel said:

Because you have your privacy settings set to firends only. It's a two way street. Want to message people, you need to change your privacy settings and hear the 12 year olds.

With the good, comes the bad.

Top Bottom