• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great games with Rockscar2,BrdMan,Massa and 8 bit.

<3 PS3 GAF
My Battlefield moment of the day was jumping over a quad that tried to run over me and then killing the driver. :D

Quoting TheSeks epic post for the new page:
TheSeks said:
Sounds like PS3-GAF is having growing pains with the newbies right now. Maybe I should just stick with Abu and Faceless when I come back to Vietnam on Tuesday.

There's one thing Evolved and Dream forgot to mention.

Squad status screen-It's to the right of the mini-map. Provided you have the second to glance and before you enter a tank/get out of a tank, CHECK WHO IS WHAT.

If it's:

(Engineer) You
(Assault) Someone#1
(Recon) Someone#2
(Engineer) Someone#3

Then it turns out to be:

(Tank) You
(Assault) Someone#1
(Recon) Someone#2
(Engineer) Someone#3

If Someone#1/2 gets in your tank, YOU (the engineer) have the goal to keep that tank alive.

If you're playing it safe and you get hit: BACK THE FUCK UP. Get into some cover, "ENEMY TRACER LOCKED ON!BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" also means GET THE FUCK OUT. Back up, get behind some buildings. Make it to where their rocket HAS to hit cover instead of you. Or carry the tracer anti-measure. One of the two.

If you back up and it's safe: GET OUT AND REPAIR. If you're in base and no one is hitting the tank: GET OUT TO REPAIR. KilltheMx never attempted to do it until I pissily sniped him a message to "REPAIR THE GODDAMN TANK" until AFTER we got taken out. WTF, guy?

While I'm at it: Here's something no one does and JM seems to have found out recently: YOU CAN REPAIR THE UAV! Amazing, I know.

If you get hit once or twice, you can bring the UAV back and get it repaired. I would love to repair your UAV provided I see the wrench icon and your UAV lowering/near me. WOULD LOVE IT. But no one seems to do it.

While I'm at it, if you're hurt and I'm chasing after you, I would love it if you stopped instead of hauling ass toward the enemy. 100% health is better than 50% health. I understand it's hard to know when you're being repaired as BC2 doesn't have the BC1 "green wrench icon" pop up, it only shows the tank HP going up. But if I'm mashing select to "STOP STOP STOP! LET ME IN! LET ME REPAIR! LET ME IN!" STOP. I'm trying to help!

Unless you're ballsy pushing toward the enemy to distract them and make sure they focus on the big tank instead of the people coming in/sneaking in: IT'S STUPID TO GO IN WITHOUT FULL HEALTH.

Also: You have kit items. USE THEM. If a tank is spotted and you're not in a gun battle and on defense (or hell, offense) ATTACK THE TANK. Your RPG is mid-long range capable. It's even capable of more if it has a tracer lock-on. KilltheMx never used his RPG when there was a tank in the base, on defense. WTF.

If assault: Throw out the ammo pack as much as possible once unlocked. Put it near a recon. They may need the motion mines (if Dreamgazer smart) or ammo for sniping (if "stupid recon dick" like I generally play). Hell, put it near teammates anyway. Even if you don't get points right then, you will get points later.

Same for medic. Throw out the medikit near anyone hurt. IT HELPS. It's right on the D-pad. RIGHT ON THE D-pad. That said, if the dumbasses LEAVE position instead of waiting for the big + icon rushing toward them and you throw a pack and they leave: FORGET THEM. It's not your problem.

Reviving: DO NOT REVIVE unless it's clear. It's annoying to be revived five times only to die within 10 seconds. Fersis is prone to doing this at times with me. Sometimes I want to change class to counter the thing that killed me/bigger threat on the map. The only time "revive EVERYTHING" comes into play is Ilsa Innocentes' small first set island defense where EVERY BODY COUNTS.

If Recon: THROW MOTION MINES at midrange. They give a heads up. If you're hiding and in a building, THROW IT AT YOUR FEET. It shows your squad/spawners anyone that is coming into the building.

Huggers

sup Fersis, cheers for the invite, only had a quick 20 minutes to play unfortunately. I have only played Rush once before so I was having to pay attention. You guys communicating in Spanish didn't help :lol

Mr. Snrub said:
Added you. I'm Anton sugar.
I was in your game for a bit, I think I nailed the top spot in one of the games. I'll be on later tonight, EST. My PC doesn't like the in-game voip, if you happen to use vent or anything like that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
One thing I forgot to mention: GO DOWN WITH THE "SHIP." If your tank is 10% and you're the only one in it/driver. Die. Don't bail, if they don't put another RPG in it, that's a tank still in use. If they don't put an RPG in it and you bail and don't destroy it, that's a tank they can steal and and repair quickly and abuse and use against your team. Just because they have your tank doesn't mean your tank will spawn at base again. Far from it: IT WON'T.

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
Goddamn, just wrapped up a 3+ hour play session in 'Nam with a nice chunk of the Gaf crew and it was all around excellent.
It was! I was only with you guys for one hour - still need to learn maps and weapons but this addon is great so far.

Hyunkel6 said:
So, I'm gonna jump into the MP for the first time later on tonight. What's the most noob friendly mode and loadout? :lol
Engineer. Repair, repair, repair. It will unlock you more engy weapons quick. I did this in the beta because I hated the starting guns (they're not that bad looking back, but eh).

gillty

Banned
BC2 is a pretty noob friendly game, anything that shoots grenades or rockets is great. If playing the nam expansion the pphs is pretty nubtastic.

To Calion:
Thanks for hearing me and blowing the roof next to A on white pass. People weren't paying attention to the motion sensor at all and that sort of pissed me off.

To Rockscar2:
My ps3 crashed so i didn't get your message. Wtf was that at that last set?
I see you running toward me in a straight line all the way up to my face. Were you trying to knife me?:lol

To memorycure:
Overall good job playing against us. Sorry our side was always full.
You drove over my at-mine 2-3 times, and I curse you for the v-armor:lol.
I can't say I didn't enjoy killing you with the tank at the very end of valdez defense though. That was just totally dumb of your teammates to leave it behind.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Sounds like PS3-GAF is having growing pains with the newbies right now. Maybe I should just stick with Abu and Faceless when I come back to Vietnam on Tuesday.

There's one thing Evolved and Dream forgot to mention.

All good advice... but truthfully the new players have been very good imo. There's just a little bit of time people need to get used to others' playstyles. We've had frustrating moments, but honestly we're still rolling the competition. Nice having new people and it seems like everyone is team oriented and good at working together.

Also a lot of us aren't using mics lately so it'd be unfair to expect people to read our minds about stuff. Especially when we haven't played together much yet. We'll be running people over like a well oiled machine again in no time.

Dreamgazer said:
To memorycure:
Overall good job playing against us. Sorry our side was always full.
You drove over my at-mine 2-3 times, and I curse you for the v-armor:lol.
I can't say I didn't enjoy killing you with the tank at the very end of valdez defense though. That was just totally dumb of your teammates to leave it behind.

Funny thing about the v-armor... I wasn't using it, Your mine placement just sucks >.> Lol, seriously, I'm surprised I made in through them... With only 1hp to spare!

And yeah, my team was inconsisent. When I saw the tank (literally a second before demise), I was like "WTF, how did they get a tank!?" lol

Good times.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Funny thing about the v-armor... I wasn't using it, Your mine placement just sucks >.> Lol, seriously, I'm surprised I made in through them... With only 1hp to spare!

And yeah, my team was inconsisent. When I saw the tank (literally a second before demise), I was like "WTF, how did they get a tank!?" lol

Good times.

lol

If I don't place them at weird places then people wouldn't drive over them.:lol
And my mines got a couple of people, thank you. :D

I think the person was trying to do a C4-jihad tank - drove it all the way down to the m-com but got killed when he tried to get out and C4.

Evolved1

Hey awesome few rounds Cal and Rock and other random guy I don't know!!!

:D

That was sweet until my game froze again. (starting to get worried about that)

Vinsanity

Not sure what time the private match is tonight. But, I probably won't be able to make it until after 10PM Central. Apologies in advance if I miss it.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
to add to what Seks said... if we're attacking and you see someone popping smoke grenades on the objectives... please move forward, and somebody arm them.

Speaking of smoke... the thickest, longest lasting smoke by far is the vehicle smoke. And that should really be the loadout you guys are driving with (imo) because it extends the life of every vehicle substantially. Gets rid of tracers and that has a way of demoralizing the other team when they worked so hard to tag you -- especially in a chopper.

Yesterday I was able to give my random teammates good cover on the last base of Isla attack... the other team was ripping us up and they cut all the trees down. We couldn't make it over the hill. Some guy bailed on the bradely so I repaired and jumped in. Coordinated with my squad, telling them to rush on my smoke... I drove down the hill firing, popped smoke and reversed back up the hill firing. They never saw us sneak by and we got the last crate.

Pretty awesome. Too awesome.

Good teamwork and things going according to plan make this game so addicting.

Calion

Dreamgazer said:
To Calion:
Thanks for hearing me and blowing the roof next to A on white pass. People weren't paying attention to the motion sensor at all and that sort of pissed me off.

No problem at all, glad I could help.

recklessmind said:
Hey awesome few rounds Cal and Rock and other random guy I don't know!!!

That round was...amazing. Shit was wrecked. Your piloting was exceptional, and I couldn't have done half of what I did. Kudos. Oh and that "lurtb1" random is a good friend of mine that I got this game for during the Gamefly sale. :D

Sorry to anyone who is unfortnate be present in a chopper while I am piloting. Generally only use them when no one else bothers to use them, I rarely fly them anyhow.

wow, just when i think "finally, it's stable, it's been working for a few games" i get dropped as an attacker on Port Valdez flying the stolen Apache.. ugh!

oh wow, i rejoin JUST IN TIME to get the win and see the Apache Cameoing the win cutscene. guess dan didn't crash it!

Evolved1

wow, just when i think "finally, it's stable, it's been working for a few games" i get dropped as an attacker on Port Valdez flying the stolen Apache.. ugh!

oh wow, i rejoin JUST IN TIME to get the win and see the Apache Cameoing the win cutscene. guess dan didn't crash it!

Dan and I were in it... his gunning at the last second won us the match.

btw... I wonder if it's you ISP that's the problem... because this is like the 4th time I've been frozen/dropped today. :?

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Sorry to anyone who is unfortnate be present in a chopper while I am piloting. Generally only use them when no one else bothers to use them, I rarely fly them anyhow.

That was me with you but I thought you did fine... little fast but whatever. You should have seen me fly before I bought onslaught. Worst pilot ever. :lol

I got shot down in the blackhawk a bunch of times today. :/

recklessmind said:
Dan and I were in it... his gunning at the last second won us the match.

btw... I wonder if it's you ISP that's the problem... because this is like the 4th time I've been frozen/dropped today. :?
well, just now the game actually froze (damn you White Pass!!!) but before that it was all my ISP, it's been dropping like crazy all day. long before i even attempted to play BC2...

...aaannddd everyone's offline... wow.

TheSeks

Yes, let's all leave and suddenly have the game be 5 vs 12 on White Pass.

SMH.

Massa

TheSeks said:

SMH.

The game froze for a bunch of us when someone destroyed a building... I tried to join it again but everyone on my friends list got booted too. :(

Massa

blame DICE. D2.0's on either of those 2 final buildings on White Pass freezes people randomly.

Yeah, that sucked. :-/

I had so much fun today, must have played for over 5 hours... great games with GAF.

TheSeks

Oh, I know it froze. IMAD.jpg about the sudden onslaught and them winning because everyone froze because I took the building out to not give them cover there.

abuC

Good games, sorry I didn't join after you left the squad Evolved, Pinched-Face is someone I used to play with a lot that joined my game.

Evolved1

abuC said:
Good games, sorry I didn't join after you left the squad Evolved, Pinched-Face is someone I used to play with a lot that joined my game.

Np man... I figured.

TheSeks said:

If you back up and it's safe: GET OUT AND REPAIR. If you're in base and no one is hitting the tank: GET OUT TO REPAIR. KilltheMx never attempted to do it until I pissily sniped him a message to "REPAIR THE GODDAMN TANK" until AFTER we got taken out. WTF, guy?

While I'm at it: Here's something no one does and JM seems to have found out recently: YOU CAN REPAIR THE UAV! Amazing, I know.

If you get hit once or twice, you can bring the UAV back and get it repaired. I would love to repair your UAV provided I see the wrench icon and your UAV lowering/near me. WOULD LOVE IT. But no one seems to do it.

While I'm at it, if you're hurt and I'm chasing after you, I would love it if you stopped instead of hauling ass toward the enemy. 100% health is better than 50% health. I understand it's hard to know when you're being repaired as BC2 doesn't have the BC1 "green wrench icon" pop up, it only shows the tank HP going up. But if I'm mashing select to "STOP STOP STOP! LET ME IN! LET ME REPAIR! LET ME IN!" STOP. I'm trying to help!

Unless you're ballsy pushing toward the enemy to distract them and make sure they focus on the big tank instead of the people coming in/sneaking in: IT'S STUPID TO GO IN WITHOUT FULL HEALTH.

Also: You have kit items. USE THEM. If a tank is spotted and you're not in a gun battle and on defense (or hell, offense) ATTACK THE TANK. Your RPG is mid-long range capable. It's even capable of more if it has a tracer lock-on. KilltheMx never used his RPG when there was a tank in the base, on defense. WTF.

If assault: Throw out the ammo pack as much as possible once unlocked. Put it near a recon. They may need the motion mines (if Dreamgazer smart) or ammo for sniping (if "stupid recon dick" like I generally play). Hell, put it near teammates anyway. Even if you don't get points right then, you will get points later.

Same for medic. Throw out the medikit near anyone hurt. IT HELPS. It's right on the D-pad. RIGHT ON THE D-pad. That said, if the dumbasses LEAVE position instead of waiting for the big + icon rushing toward them and you throw a pack and they leave: FORGET THEM. It's not your problem.

Reviving: DO NOT REVIVE unless it's clear. It's annoying to be revived five times only to die within 10 seconds. Fersis is prone to doing this at times with me. Sometimes I want to change class to counter the thing that killed me/bigger threat on the map. The only time "revive EVERYTHING" comes into play is Ilsa Innocentes' small first set island defense where EVERY BODY COUNTS.

If Recon: THROW MOTION MINES at midrange. They give a heads up. If you're hiding and in a building, THROW IT AT YOUR FEET. It shows your squad/spawners anyone that is coming into the building.

Hmm the fact that im getting called out is slightly annoying, admittedly. =/

But in response I can say this, yes you are right the first time we played together (like 3 days ago at this point) I didnt repair the tank when I was an engineer. After you sent the message I started doing it, and have continued (you can ask Evolved about this) growing pains and all.

Now the comment about the RPG is hogwash, when we played I was engineer and HADNT unlocked the RPG yet, blame DICE not me for taking away essentials for the classes. Heck for the medic I JUST got the medkit making the class somewhat worthwhile.

It takes time to unlock these damn things especially when there's other classes i prefer to play as and other games Im playing instead of only BC2. Give us newbies some time to unlock these damn extra things.

Also it's xKillThemx , sir.

Otherwise playing with GAF is awesome, I usually join a game and am put on the opposite team of everybody else GAF and get to try to survive the onslaught that is GAF teamwork. Its scary being on the other side when it seems like every single route to an objective is covered.

Huggers

Yeah for me the RPG is the thing you start with as an Engineer, not that I have really explored that class.

My early thoughts on Bad Company 2 are that it can be a great game. When the situation is right, the squad(s) are working well it has moments of absolute brilliance. It also has moments of extreme frustration, for example on one map of conquest on what on what must have been my 5th-6th go on the game, I was the best player points wise by a fucking mile. How is this possible for a noob? Because no one was doing their fucking job!

As for the life of a noob, I actually disagree that this game is noob friendly, sure anyone with basic FPS skills will be able to more or less hold their own K/D wise from the start, but I think the long term players forget just how many minor tactics and skills they have picked up over their year of play time.

Which leads me to existing players. I have seen a mix of brilliantly helpful, friendly and welcoming guys (some from Gaf of course), to extreme fucking douche bags who bark orders down their mics and everything you do is wrong. Video game elitists who are not welcoming beginners to their club.

Overall though I have had great fun and am very hyped for the Vietnam pack.

Edit, one more thing, their are too many fucking snipers!

TheSeks

pretty sure you start with the RPG-7 and only have to unlock the Repair Tool. you have to unlock the AT Mines, Carl Gustav and M136 AT4.

This is right, given the RPG is the left-most tool. The only left-most tool you unlock that isn't default is the Medic's defibs.

Edit: And possibly the 40MM Shotgun/Smoke rounds, but I don't think you do for those as the 40MM Grenade Launcher is default.

Huggers said:
Edit, one more thing, their are too many fucking snipers!

This is why you go around knifing them, if they're dumbasses. ;)

I've started to abuse the knife button a bit more lately, it's a rush to pull the knife out as I'm rushing someone to get it to "stick." And get kills with it it. Cold War rush yesterday was knife central for me. Run up stairs, get two guys and die because of a third on the stairwell. :lol

I was going to write a really long post...but I really have no energy to be a perfectionist moron right now:lol

So to sum up what I originally had written:

The only real advantage that the vets has over any of the new joiners is our experience with one another. We know who should be piloting the vehicles, what class we don't need to pick cause someone else can do it better, and who we shouldn't spawn on when they go on their own individual tactics.:lol

Some of the best GAF games I've played, we don't even need to talk to one another.
Some of the worst GAF games I've played, no amount of talk is going to save you.

There's really no need to memorize a giant checklist...just remember this:
"Observe what your team does and choose the best path to utilize and preserve resources. The most important of which - is one another"
OH GOD I JUST SAID SOMETHING THAT SOUNDED LIKE A POKEMON MORAL LESSON OF THE DAY, DIDN'T I.

The other benefit of getting familiar with your team is that it'll be a bit less annoying when you have to play against GAF. Since you'll know what pattern/tactic they'll stick to - a.k.a. where to place mines so JM and faceless will drive over them when they go out of bound :D

--------------------
As for people who may be uncomfortable with how TheSeks express himself - That's just how he expresses himself. Don't take it too seriously. I've been called a fag by him plenty of times times for various different things (sometimes he's right, sometimes he's not - you have to figure that out yourself). :lol

Rage talk is common in FPS, but we try our best to limit them (when you hear dead silence, that's usually not a good sign.)
I personally feel bad when I go overboard, and will usually send a pm apologizing for my speech

PedYup

recklessmind said:
It's like our teammates not only don't help, but they go out of their way to sabotage the gaf squad. Getting rolled on Isla defense, gaf hunkers down to defend our last crate. We (basically the four of us) take position on the left side behind the cliff and bleed the shit out of their tickets and hold off two separate bradely advances. We're getting close to the win.. wait what's that I hear? The hind? But why isn't it on the minimap? Oh because they just stole it from us! What in the fuck. We cannot cover the entire goddamned map! The only thing they had to do was protect the fucking chopper and they couldn't. The same people who will race toward the thing when it spawns (and blow it up with a rocket if they think you're going to beat them there) but then when it actually matters they're nowhere. Of course the chopper thief was a pretty good circle strafer and of course their bradely spawned at the same time... just... you don't even know man I wanted to break someone.
Goddammit, goddammit and GODDAMMIT, f**k these idiots!, next time I´ll just C4 the chopper and wait until they steal it to blow it.

Fersis said:
Great games with Rockscar2,BrdMan,Massa and 8 bit.
Yeah, at Laguna Presa defence I think I enjoyed a little too much using the stationary launcher to hit the UAV, the UAV station at next respawn and their snipers at homebase :lol

Dreamgazer said:
To Rockscar2:
My ps3 crashed so i didn't get your message. Wtf was that at that last set?
I see you running toward me in a straight line all the way up to my face. Were you trying to knife me?:lol
So it was you the medic inside the building, I switched to the knife after emptying my guns, nothing personal tho, just BFBC2 bussiness.

recklessmind said:
All good advice... but truthfully the new players have been very good imo. There's just a little bit of time people need to get used to others' playstyles. We've had frustrating moments, but honestly we're still rolling the competition. Nice having new people and it seems like everyone is team oriented and good at working together.

Also a lot of us aren't using mics lately so it'd be unfair to expect people to read our minds about stuff. Especially when we haven't played together much yet. We'll be running people over like a well oiled machine again in no time.
I agree, I keep getting revived and repaired by nice medics and engies so no complaints here. An intense game can be pretty confusing at times (you die, die, die, die, ....) but people are integrating pretty well.

TheSeks said:
SMH.
Hard reset from me. Five times this session alone. Fix this shit, DICE!

Huggers said:
one more thing, their are too many fucking snipers!
Oh boy, you have seen nothing yet. I have played as defender against teams of 9-10 snipers. The third time I´ve been sniped by the same guy I switch to recon to give them a taste of their own medicine or go to their base to say hello (with the knife) until they learn.

Great games yesterday and I´ll try to get in this evening.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Some of the best GAF games I've played, we don't even need to talk to one another.
Some of the worst GAF games I've played, no amount of talk is going to save you.

And considering I can't hear, that's a good thing. ;)

As for people who may be uncomfortable with how TheSeks express himself - That's just how he expresses himself. Don't take it too seriously. I've been called a fag by him plenty of times times for various different things (sometimes he's right, sometimes he's not - you have to figure that out yourself). :lol

I resent that! I call people "fucking dumbasses." I have never called anyone on GAF or online a "faggot." >:|

Rage talk is common in FPS, but we try our best to limit them (when you hear dead silence, that's usually not a good sign.)
I personally feel bad when I go overboard, and will usually send a pm apologizing for my speech

I only send pissy messages anymore if someone isn't doing something I expect of them. Generally, GAF is pretty good at knowing what I'm attempting to do (or knowing where I am when I go after someone to kill them after they kill me), my only issue now a days is that hardly anyone spots anymore besides myself (SMH at the spotting range of DICE's), so it's hard to know if there is a sniper or someone in the area until I get taken out. Then it's like "GEE, THANKS GUYS FOR NOT LETTING ME KNOW! >:|"

Razor210

TheSeks said:
I only send pissy messages anymore if someone isn't doing something I expect of them. Generally, GAF is pretty good at knowing what I'm attempting to do (or knowing where I am when I go after someone to kill them after they kill me), my only issue now a days is that hardly anyone spots anymore besides myself (SMH at the spotting range of DICE's), so it's hard to know if there is a sniper or someone in the area until I get taken out. Then it's like "GEE, THANKS GUYS FOR NOT LETTING ME KNOW! >:|"
YAY I GOT NO HATE MAIL LAST NIGHT YAY

Send me some friend invites guys - the only person on my friend's list playing last night was Sek, and then I join the game and all of a sudden "look at all these GAFers running around"

PSN: Razor210

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
Send me some friend invites guys - the only person on my friend's list playing last night was Sek, and then I join the game and all of a sudden "look at all these GAFers running around

Why should they send your ass any messages when your busy pounding me in SSF4? That, and you're only on for two weeks before you're back to school. :lol

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Why should they send your ass any messages when your busy pounding me in SSF4? That, and you're only on for two weeks before you're back to school. :lol
Ah, but this time, I'm angling to bring my console with me. Hopefully.

1mbit wireless download speeds ftw

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
my only issue now a days is that hardly anyone spots anymore besides myself (SMH at the spotting range of DICE's), so it's hard to know if there is a sniper or someone in the area until I get taken out. Then it's like "GEE, THANKS GUYS FOR NOT LETTING ME KNOW! >:|"

I'm starting to regret complaining about spotting from the beta... the cooldown we have now is kind of ridiculous. I'm a spotter to the core... I mean I wear out the fucking button -- especially as a gunner.

But here's the thing... why does the UAV have a damn spotting cooldown!? You spot a guy (you're lucky if it even spots him) and then it disappears after two seconds! UAV spotting is absurd right now, almost pointless. Spotting is the UAV's primary function and it doesn't ever work.

And then regular spotting as an infantryman. It's my first instinct and sometimes I'll actually lose a kill because I chose to spot before firing. No big deal, though, because someone else will generally finish them off. I'm all about winning, so even if I guy is stationary, I'll usually spot him before killing him. Just in case I miss him of people spawn on him.

But what I cannot deal with is when I go to spot a guy (before firing at him) and, for whatever reason, the game decides I can't spot him. So I jam the button again and still no marker. Then I'm like oh fuck better kill him only to have the little shit escape around a corner or something. Now I've lost my kill, lost sight of the enemy, and put an objective in danger because his #'s are about to multiply when his squad spawns in. That happens a lot... you can't spot a guy that 20 -30 ft away. Sometimes it's cooldown, but sometimes it's glitchy.

Here's the thing... if it's a bug/glitch then fine. Can't really help that. But if it's cooldown that's a huge mistake by dice. I support a cooldown on long range spotting, but there should be some kind of override for CQB spotting. Within 20 - 30 ft spotting should always work.

Razor210 said:
YAY I GOT NO HATE MAIL LAST NIGHT YAY

Send me some friend invites guys - the only person on my friend's list playing last night was Sek, and then I join the game and all of a sudden "look at all these GAFers running around"

PSN: Razor210

I'll try to remember, but if I don't please send me a FR. (evolved1) You didn't get any hatemail but I actually meant to send you some "good game" mail last night... we were together a few times and very effective. I don't know how often (if ever) you play with rockscar but if we could get you in our regular squad I think that'd be pretty sick.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
But what I cannot deal with is when I go to spot a guy (before firing at him) and, for whatever reason, the game decides I can't spot him. So I jam the button again and still no marker. Then I'm like oh fuck better kill him only to have the little shit escape around a corner or something. Now I've lost my kill, lost sight of the enemy, and put an objective in danger because his #'s are about to multiply when his squad spawns in. That happens a lot... you can't spot a guy that 20 -30 ft away. Sometimes it's cooldown, but sometimes it's glitchy.

That's something I've been having problems with for months now. It's notable on White Pass when I need a marker to show up through the trees so I know someone is there, before they start to fire on me. :|

Well, that and the 12x scope not being able to "spot" outside a certain range. WTF, DICE. If I see someone/enemy and they're in my scope and visible. I should be able to call their position out. :|

Razor210 said:
Ah, but this time, I'm angling to bring my console with me. Hopefully.

Maybe I'll stick with SSF4 for a while, then. Instead of making myself look like a spazz in front of local SRK people like I did last Sunday.

Top Bottom