• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

adamsappel said:
I'm worried about the flamethrower. Is it overpowered? In the videos, it looks like it can take out entire teams. Can you make it explode with gunfire?

I've been having some trouble with C4 lately. I've put it down and then it simply won't detonate when I pull the trigger.
It's good for trenches/caves and covering mcoms, but other than that it's pretty difficult to use effectively.

Certain maps (first set of Vantage Point Rush), you can block tight bottlenecks TF2 pyro style if you sit on an ammo box.

I will believe what you say since you already played the maps on PC. I'm going to assume Mortars will be one of the only few effective way to counter that flame bottleneck.

Go ahead and shit there while there is a mortar dropping on you. The thing is usually randoms can't comprehend the situation they are in on console and do stuff stupidly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... best James Bond kill sequence?

I know you guys are pretty creative and I recall abuc's story about taking out the windmill sniper on heavy metal -- that was really awesome. I'm sure faceless has some good ones.

Anyway I was on port valdez attack with some randoms, first crates. Round was pretty annoying, we were losing and the other team had cut all the trees and begun their assent up the mountain to spawn camp us.

I'm like fuck this... I run up toward sniper rock and kill a medic, but a guy on the heavy MG starts firing on me , so I dodge left and as I approach the edge of the cliff, I see a dude down there setting mines on the road. Of course (this is when james bond moment begins) I slide down the cliff and perfectly knife him at the bottom. Then some dude tries to run me over in our stolen ATV. My instinct is to jump and shoot -- headshot -- I turn to see the ATV roll to a stop right between the mine. :lol Oh shit heavy MG again... I run and jump on the ATV, drive it back up to our spawn. Jump off, equip RPG, Jump back on and then open it up toward the highest point of sniper rock... pass by small arms from (I think) two assaults and ramp off the cliff... pull shoot... rpg --------> heavy MG. I'm able to arm the crate but get fragged trying to defend it. We end up losing the game in a humiliating spawn genocide.

Right near the end I left my squad and said into the mic, to all who might be listening, "WTF guys I CAN DO NO MORE!"

Sucked losing but overall quite memorable. I think about the different players on the team who saw bits and pieces of my triumphant kill streak through their killcams. :lol

MDSLKTR

Man the new maps in vietnam are BEAUTIFUL! Sometimes I get too distracted looking at the scenery :lol Hill 137 is just a pleasure for the eyes. Where do I find gaffers to play with on steam?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stallion Free said:
No, it has fairly limited range. It's more of a troll weapon.
I usually equip it if I am dead and a crate is armed, then just run around like a crazy person flaming everyone and everything in the region of the crate (thank god for no ff).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yesterday i tried to play with some Gaffers but everyone was in the same squad so i played a little bit with randoms.

There was a guy who kept screaming and insulting during the entire match. It was a 20 minute meltdown about how much the game suck.

Huggers

Online gaming really breaks my balls sometimes. Black Ops was generic shite that never worked online and gave you all manor of errors. I moved on to BC2, a great game that I'm having a lot of fun with but it has decided to take away all my weapons, wtf, whenever I join a game it's like I'm starting totally from scratch.

Huggers

Topher said:
Anyone elses unlocks not loading properly when entering a match?

Huggers said:
Online gaming really breaks my balls sometimes. Black Ops was generic shite that never worked online and gave you all manor of errors. I moved on to BC2, a great game that I'm having a lot of fun with but it has decided to take away all my weapons, wtf, whenever I join a game it's like I'm starting totally from scratch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huggers said:

...Servers go down. Give it an hour or ten and you'll be back.

:|

MrMister said:
Bad Company 2 is about $7 on Steam right now! BUY IT EVEN IF YOU'RE DOUBLE DIPPING

Sure, if you give me your credit card information as Steam doesn't have pre-paid $20 codes to do that.

Huggers

TheSeks said:
...Servers go down. Give it an hour or ten and you'll be back.

:|

I've got little patience with these people. The other day they wanted 8 quid off of me for a VIP map pack! Fuckers

Huggers said:

Topher said:
Anyone elses unlocks not loading properly when entering a match?

Common problem after a patch, you haven't lost anything. It's usually just particular servers and gets ironed out pretty quickly.

blurrygil

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
You sir, have just single-handedly made my day. I thought I was going to have to purchase another PSN card... Luckily, I have $15.02 over in my account. So awesome.

Until someone tells you there's still tax...

Oops.

djgil said:
Until someone tells you there's still tax...

Oops.
I thought of that and didn't feel like saying it.
I figured if he comes back and post about it I'll just buy it for him since I'm in that Christmas spirit:lol

Dreamgazer said:
I thought of that and didn't feel like saying it.
I figured if he comes back and post about it I'll just buy it for him since I'm in that Christmas spirit:lol

I don't remember there being tax on PSN items. He should be in the clear.

Really? ...I haven't paid taxes on anything I've purchased up until this point. My last purchase was Dead Nation a couple of weeks ago, I bought it at a discounted price (PSN+ came in handy after...screw off KZ3) of $11.99 exactly. Unless some regulations have changed in the past week or so, I expect no taxes will apply to my purchase of the expansion. Hopefully.

Same goes for the VIP Pass. $14.99. No tax. All purchased using a $50 in funds from a PSN card I bought a few months ago.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No stats/unlocks atm... sorry Rock, but I'm not in the mood for that.

Do you think we'll get Vietnam tonight at midnight?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huggers said:
I've got little patience with these people. The other day they wanted 8 quid off of me for a VIP map pack! Fuckers

That's what you get for buying used. ;)

Nabs said:
Visa Gift Cards work fine.

Ah, that's right. But that has it's own share of problems. (That, and I don't have one right now)

If BC2 is still $7 by the end of this week and I get one, maybe I'll do it to see how the laptop runs BC2. But I doubt I'd have a strong enough PC at the moment to play online.

blurrygil

The Faceless Master said:
tax or no tax depends on state.

Thought so. I stand corrected, good sir.

Who where plays 360? I asked about 20 pages back (set to 100 posts per) and have no chance at finding the response I got. I believe it was Mr. Faceless that replied too... :lol

I've met a couple cool cats via random play. But reading this thread gives me a sad as I wanna play with some solid dudes @ this. All my old friends have retired from the "war". :'(

I'm willing to clean out my friends list for GAFers.

Marvie_3

Banned
djgil said:
Thought so. I stand corrected, good sir.

Who where plays 360? I asked about 20 pages back (set to 100 posts per) and have no chance at finding the response I got. I believe it was Mr. Faceless that replied too... :lol

I've met a couple cool cats via random play. But reading this thread gives me a sad as I wanna play with some solid dudes @ this. All my old friends have retired from the "war". :'(

I'm willing to clean out my friends list for GAFers.
I do. You can add me if you want. GT: Marvie03

moojito

Woo, I've been meaning to pick up a copy of this for my pc (currently have it for my 360). 7 quid will do very nicely!

blurrygil

Marvie_3 said:
I do. You can add me if you want. GT: Marvie03

Will do tonite. I play near daily, so looking forward to some good squadmates, finally.

I suck however, only a 27. Guess I don't play enough, eh? :lol

So how does one go about checking the GAF BFBC2 friends for xbox? Been playing since launch, but gawddamn I'm such a noob @ things...

GT - NOAgil

Marvie_3

Banned
djgil said:
Will do tonite. I play near daily, so looking forward to some good squadmates, finally.

I suck however, only a 27. Guess I don't play enough, eh? :lol

So how does one go about checking the GAF BFBC2 friends for xbox? Been playing since launch, but gawddamn I'm such a noob @ things...
I play about every other day. If you see me on playing something else, just send me a message and I'll probably switch over to BC2.

I'm rank 33, but I'm not very good. I'm like the Vinny Testaverde of BC2. I'm not really that good at anything but I've played long enough to pile up numbers. :lol

LukeT

Neo Member
Just bought this in the steam sale. Played a little on 360 but this will my fist PC FPS since COD: UO :D Looking for some friendly games. No mic yet but gunna get one this week.

Add me on steam - LukeT87

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I hate carrying a team. Chucking motion sensors, highlighting enemies until they look like a swarm of red ants and to be the only person to try to wipe them out. Very rare that it ever becomes that bad, but very annoying when it does.

Marvie_3

Banned
djgil said:
I'm hopping on as I type. Just been jonesin all day due to the Vietnam hype.

You'll find me on for much of the eve Marvie...
Got your friend request but I won't be home from work for another 2 hours.

dorkimoe

just got this on pc also, wowow on max settings, its so beautiful.

Only problem i have so far is the controls arent to customizable, it doesnt like mouse buttons 4 and 5 :( cant bind anything

Nabs

dorkimoe said:
just got this on pc also, wowow on max settings, its so beautiful.

Only problem i have so far is the controls arent to customizable, it doesnt like mouse buttons 4 and 5 :( cant bind anything

hmm. mouse 4 and 5 work for me. there might be a messed up setting somewhere around there. google!

If you're new to BC2 check out this program: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24540375&postcount=4254

It'll help you configure your settings nicely. There's a way to backup your settings just in case.

oh yeah the mumble server is back up

Top Bottom