• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
You're searching for nothing, man. PSN/SCEA is fucked up and updates at a random time EVERY week until MS. It's a fucking mystery how they get their shit together and something I've asked on their blog to clarify millions of times.

You're looking at 5-7PMEST. Sometimes they update as late as MIDNIGHT EST. Until Kass and the PSN store thread things are up via search, don't bother.

I know how it generally works... but last time I DL'd Undead Nightmare RDR DLC hours before they updated the storefront (or before gaf knew it was up -- I told them) by searching for it. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying...

1stStrike

Banned
Okay so I dusted off BC2 and tried to throw it in... and when I try to get into a game it just says "Network connection error" and I can't get in (BC2 is the only online game I've ever had issues with).

Are the servers down right now or is it just trying to piss me off?

Is there anyone on PS3 right now? Me and my buddy are tired of getting stuck with imbeciles.

edit:

Fuck my life man. 10v10 Oasis. 8 people (the only other 2 were me and my friend) were camping the helipad and refused to move. Then when one person got the chopper they would just flip it over.

Calion

recklessmind said:
You should come play now... I can't get into memorycure's game and the random games/squads I keep joining are always on the wrong side of a death march.

I wish. I have work until 5ish today. I'll definitely be on around 6 Central. :D

dope4goldrope said:
Is there anyone on PS3 right now? Me and my buddy are tired of getting stuck with imbeciles.

edit:

Fuck my life man. 10v10 Oasis. 8 people (the only other 2 were me and my friend) were camping the helipad and refused to move. Then when one person got the chopper they would just flip it over.

Lol, what's your uhh, ID? ...also, I have a key for the free2play battlefield if anyone is interested. PM me.

InertiaXr

Somebody who knows what the fuck they are doing and willing to show me how it's done, add me on steam, http://steamcommunity.com/id/inertiaxr.

Honestly the only multiplayer FPS I've played in the past 5 years or so is about 30 hours of CoD4 and that was with a controller on a 360, so I'm a little out of the loop on this one.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ok so I got BC2 on Steam yesterday for the insane 6 dollar deal.

I forgot how horrible the grinding is. I've been playing on PS3 with everything unlocked for ages. Now I'm back to no upgrades, crap guns, and grinding against people with far better KB/M skills than me. ugh..

Evolved1

RbBrdMan said:
Ok so I got BC2 on Steam yesterday for the insane 6 dollar deal.

I forgot how horrible the grinding is. I've been playing on PS3 with everything unlocked for ages. Now I'm back to no upgrades, crap guns, and grinding against people with far better KB/M skills than me. ugh..

Were you going to get Vietnam? If so... couldn't you do most of your initial class grinding in that mode (no unlocks) and then go back to vanilla and have all your stuff?

I have no idea if that would work, or if you're even interested in the expansion, but I wonder...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
recklessmind said:
Were you going to get Vietnam? If so... couldn't you do most of your initial class grinding in that mode (no unlocks) and then go back to vanilla and have all your stuff?

I have no idea if that would work, or if you're even interested in the expansion, but I wonder...
Interesting idea. I will likely get the expansion eventually for PC, probably when steam has a sale on it or something. Honestly the ONLY reason I bought it was that it was 6 bucks and I'm a gigantic Bad Company fanboy. I'm not doing horrible or anything, have a positive k/d ratio on pc I just felt like moaning about the grind.

My heart and soul is owned by the ps3 version so the psn will be getting my 15 bucks for the expansion as soon as the psn monkey FUCKING PUSHES THE GO BUTTON .../rant

abuC

recklessmind said:
I'll check again.

edit: nope.
9aocv7.jpg

Evolved1

:lol

PS3 monkey is really fucking with us... won't drop the expansion... and took away my weapons while I wait.

Smh.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
GGs dude. Defense/Tanks were rolling deep on Arica Desert, they didn't make pass the first set of crates. Finally, a match where randoms work together.
Yeah, my bad about that last game on Arica Harbor, my mom called me (she is still actually on the phone, won't STFU!) so I was sort've wandering around. :lol

Just bought this game on PS3 today. Didn't realize that I would need a VIP code to download all the map packs. I checked the store, and VIP access is.... $15? Damn, I was expecting it to be like $5. :(

By the way, I bought the game used and it didn't come with a code.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Come on update the damn store !!!!

Vietnam night tonight.
Everyone is invited. :lol

Razor210

Fersis said:
Come on update the damn store !!!!

Vietnam night tonight.
Everyone is invited. :lol
Got my PSN card - my body is ready

Random thought - isn't it likely that sniper classes will be OP in Vietnam?

Kibbles

Anyone else get "Your Team Lost" when you actually won sometimes?

I also just defibrillator'd an enemy and revived my team-mate in one shock of the defibrillator.
e6qec1.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
I finally get back into BC2, I'm ready to give them my god damn money, and they're taking forever to get this shit out. I'm going to send machine gun cat after their bitch asses if they don't hurry up.

CatMachineGun.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kibbles said:
Anyone else get "Your Team Lost" when you actually won sometimes?
That bug was 'added' in a previous patch. =/

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
It's not like it's game breaking or anything. It's extremely minor.

I don't know... your average recon is pretty dumb. Maybe the teams of recons who get steamrolled by gaf over and over actually think they're winning?

Would explain a lot.

Calion

recklessmind said:
I don't know... your average recon is pretty dumb. Maybe the teams of recons who get steamrolled by gaf over and over actually think they're winning?

Would explain a lot.
:lol :lol

But seriously, fuck the PSN Monkey.

1stStrike said:
Oh, I know, but they really haven't shown much initiative to actually fix a lot of things at all in the game.

What else is left to fix? They fixed the position of the crates on White Rush pass. They've nerfed the CG, M60, and AN94. There are things they could add to improve, yes, but I haven't found many bugs.

Except with MP7 (texture/LOD), that is.

1stStrike

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
What else is left to fix? They fixed the position of the crates on White Rush pass. They've nerfed the CG, M60, and AN94. There are things they could add to improve, yes, but I haven't found many bugs.

Except with MP7 (texture/LOD), that is.

*runs over to disarm crate*

*presses O and picks up a weapon*

*tries to get to a spot where pressing O doesn't pick up a weapon*

*crate blows up*

Razor210

1stStrike said:
*runs over to disarm crate*

*presses O and picks up a weapon*

*tries to get to a spot where pressing O doesn't pick up a weapon*

*crate blows up*
Technically, if you keep holding O, you'd still disarm, right?

1stStrike

Banned
Razor210 said:

In my experience, if I pick up a weapon, then I don't disarm it. I've run over, and just held O even after I picked up a gun and it blew up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Razor210 said:

Yes. Strike's just mad he can't kill with all the guns. ;)

In my experience, if I pick up a weapon, then I don't disarm it. I've run over, and just held O even after I picked up a gun and it blew up.

Hold O, move around with left stick, the crate will start to disarm/notify.

Tah-dah.

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:

Dude, I've been out of the game for so long I can't kill with anything right now :lol I went like 2 and 14 and 4 and 12 in my first couple of matches.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
I'd like to take this time before Vietnam launches to mention that I hate online Cody's.

Criminal Upper is fucking hax

Someone let me know when Sony gets their act together. Seriously, isn't the store usually updated by now?

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
I'd like to take this time before Vietnam launches to mention that I hate online Cody's.

Criminal Upper is fucking hax.

U MAD?

UR MAD. :D

Cody 4 Lyfe. I gotta work on my frame traps and focus attacks. :/

Razor210

TheSeks said:
U MAD?

UR MAD. :D

Cody 4 Lyfe. I gotta work on my frame traps and focus attacks. :/
No joke, everyone does the exact same thing as you - random ultras.

I just stop attacking if they have a bit of health left. I'll wait until there's isn't a frame for you guys to mash out U2 thanks

1stStrike

Banned
Okay, I baked chicken, cooked up some red skinned potatoes and ate my dinner. Where's my vietnam?

I'm working 11 am - 11 pm tomorrow so I won't get any time to play :|

(I'm off the next 2 days though)

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
No joke, everyone does the exact same thing as you - random ultras.

I just stop attacking if they have a bit of health left. I'll wait until there's isn't a frame for you guys to mash out U2 thanks

I need to work on my 236PP3->214214PPP link.

And those random ultras are lag at times. I'm trying to bust out an EX CU, and it gives me Last Dread. I'm sitting there going: "...I didn't ask for that. Fucking Capcom shitcode..."

Razor210

TheSeks said:
I need to work on my 236PP3->214214PPP link.

And those random ultras are lag at times. I'm trying to bust out an EX CU, and it gives me Last Dread. I'm sitting there going: "...I didn't ask for that. Fucking Capcom shitcode..."
Tick throws are worse. They're still in their dash animation - and all of a sudden, I'm being thrown. WTF.

I'm debating whether I should just go watch the last episode of the Tester. Apparently its up already.

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
Tick throws are worse. They're still in their dash animation - and all of a sudden, I'm being thrown. WTF.

Speaking of Ultras, I'm not sure why you use "Dirty Bull" other than to punish my "random" Ultras. You said it yourself: Shitty command grab, and other than Balrog's funny animations during it it doesn't seem useful.

Why can't you be like the other Balrog's and use a headbutt->Ultra JUGGLE link?

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Speaking of Ultras, I'm not sure why you use "Dirty Bull" other than to punish my "random" Ultras. You said it yourself: Shitty command grab, and other than Balrog's funny animations during it it doesn't seem useful.

Why can't you be like the other Balrog's and use a headbutt->Ultra JUGGLE link?
I was completely trolling - I just wanted to mess around with the ultra :D And it supposedly does a huge amount of stun that I can't capitalize on anyway

First off, I can only pull off the movement from left to right. Second, I can only pull off the headbutt-Ultra link about half the time...in training mode.

So now you know you want to be on the left side of the screen :D

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:
On PC, it doesn't always disarm if you keep holding it down. Extremely frustrating.

It should. :/

I haven't had issues if I pick up and move or just hold it.

Razor-kun said:
So now you know you want to be on the left side of the screen

And you want to be on the right side of the screen turtleing instead of poking me and me taking advantage of that to bat a metal pipe into your back. :lol

Super Lag Turtle 4: PROJECTILES HARDER.

Edit: You want pure trolling, try Vega wall bouncing and wall dives on your ass while people watch you. I had that happen to me during an SRK meetup two weeks back.

zsswimmer

Hey guys, I have a gaming laptop with a GTX 260M (1gb of vram)

Just wondering if anyone else is having any sudden fps drops with this game.

I bought it yesterday for the holiday sale but I can only play for about 2 minutes before the fps goes smooth to probably 5fps. Obviously my first guess is my gpu immediately overheating, but I have never experienced this issue with any other game, including Crysis and Crysis Wars, Crysis Warhead, or EVE Online. Not sure if this is a game issue?

Thanks

Razor210

TheSeks said:
And you want to be on the right side of the screen turtleing instead of poking me and me taking advantage of that to bat a metal pipe into your back. :lol

Super Lag Turtle 4: PROJECTILES HARDER.
Don't worry, I've been practicing my anti-air. Try jumping in on me now :lol

Also, your title: :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
Don't worry, I've been practicing my anti-air. Try jumping in on me now :lol

TBH, I should stop jumping in. It's a newbie mistake, and honestly I have better ways of getting in. I just stupidly keep hitting 7 or 9 in my commands. :/ Maybe if I had an arcade stick, I'd be better at it if I devoted time. But alas, you're only playing weeks at a time so I play SSF4 casually.

Also, your title: :lol :lol :lol

You mean my custom title? I've had that for a year now, dude. You mean my SSF4 title? It kinda fits me.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
TBH, I should stop jumping in. It's a newbie mistake, and honestly I have better ways of getting in. I just stupidly keep hitting 7 or 9 in my commands. :/ Maybe if I had an arcade stick, I'd be better at it if I devoted time. But alas, you're only playing weeks at a time so I play SSF4 casually.
Hell, I was getting owned by a Ryu who knew that every time he got hit by a Dash Straight I was going to jump. I just kept eating shoryukens

And I'm working on the "only playing for weeks at a time" thing.

You mean my custom title? I've had that for a year now, dude. You mean my SSF4 title? It kinda fits me.
SSF4 title, yeah. How come I never noticed the lag that much before?

TheSeks said:
Edit: You want pure trolling, try Vega wall bouncing and wall dives on your ass while people watch you. I had that happen to me during an SRK meetup two weeks back.
I lost the will to fight against one. Last round, practically no health left while the other dude has 80%...I just started taunting.

Guy walks up to me and jabs me to death :lol

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
SSF4 title, yeah. How come I never noticed the lag that much before?

Because generally the connection is okay. It's just lately Capcom or PSN is causing a bunch of lag and that's when the Capcom shitacular/"This is why I don't really play fighting games online" netcode rears its head.

Apparently, according to the SRK locals, the 360 netcode is better. But a bunch of them play the 360 version primary, so I'm not sure if that's bias. :lol

I lost the will to fight against one. Last round, practically no health left while the other dude has 80%...I just started taunting.

Guy walks up to me and jabs me to death :lol

I remember someone on GAF Vega trolling you in Endless.

I got trolled because I wasn't used to having people watch me (first match with that group) and I was thinking "oh, Cody standing block will block an overhead." Nope.avi I should've focused, they said. And they're right. I need to work on my focus and grabs.

And I love how we're completely off topic because SCEA sucks and can't give us Vietnam to play.

Evolved1

Its on PSN... search "Vietnam".

See you guys online in a bit!

Top Bottom