• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am thinking about buying the expansion on Steam, however, do I need the original game to be on Steam too? I have only a retail copy of the original.

Nabs

godhandiscen said:
I am thinking about buying the expansion on Steam, however, do I need the original game to be on Steam too? I have only a retail copy of the original.
you'll have to get it off the ea store. it's just a cd key so it shouldn't be a major problem.

abuC

Good games tonight, that was a clan we were playing on Oasis too, most of those guys were doing what we were doing, joining their friends in game. I've seen a lot of those guys before, pretty much all of those "Pyscho" guys are in Rape N Pillage, same with Blue_Fungus and Deathmanjoe, basically GAF can play and win against competitve clans.

I'll send a friend request to The New Number 2, I'll have to ask you not to revive me at times in the future though :lol

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
abuC said:
Good games tonight, that was a clan we were playing on Oasis too, most of those guys were doing what we were doing, joining their friends in game. I've seen a lot of those guys before, pretty much all of those "Pyscho" guys are in Rape N Pillage, same with Blue_Fungus and Deathmanjoe, basically GAF can play and win against competitve clans.

I'll send a friend request to The New Number 2, I'll have to ask you not to revive me at times in the future though :lol
Yeah, sorry about that:lol. It's instinctive. I'm thinking about saving tickets.

abuC

Topher said:
Yeah, sorry about that:lol. It's instinctive. I'm thinking about saving tickets.

It's cool, you're a good medic, without your reviving we probably would have lost on Oasis since it was a bloodbath.

Anyone that didn't play tonight missed out on some epic PS3 battles.

IceMarker

godhandiscen said:
When you buy the expansion on Steam you're given a CD key as if you got it off the EA store, when you load the BC2 client and click "Vietnam" you'll be prompted to enter a key, that's where that comes in.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
abuC said:
It's cool, you're a good medic, without your reviving we probably would have lost on Oasis since it was a bloodbath.

YES! Was that crazy or what? The most intense battle I have experienced so far in BC2. No lie. That is what I love about Oasis, around every corner is a possible threat. Mortars, AT4s, grenades, light machine guns, assault rifles, all blaring around you to the point where you have no idea where you're getting shot from. :lol

EDIT: Same for Arica harbor conquest. Although we got hosed on that one.

olimpia84

I can't believe we lost in Panama Canal...I'm so fucking pissed right now. My first round was horrible and to make it worse the two randoms that were on my squad left and I couldn't join any squad. In the second one I did way better but it just wasn't enough...

At least we managed to beat them in both rounds in Arica, even though I almost had a nervous breakdown since I was the only one trying to capture A in that first round. Guys, if the enemy is holding B and C and there is a bottleneck in B you have to flank and get to A! We could have won easily but we were not tactical enough and when you play against those level 50 clans you gotta gain position and throw them off by capturing flags. To top it all off one of the randoms in my team wasn't doing anything (literally, he spawned and left his controller sitting still) and the other one was a useless sniper. Thankfully we got our shit together and we managed to win the second round easily and piss that level 50 clan off.

abuC said:

God and I thought I was the only one. :lol

---------------------------

ATTENTION: I NEED TO GET A MOTION SENSOR APPRENTICE. I CAN'T BE THE ONLY GUY DOING THIS

We wouldn't have won the 2 arica conquest sets if I weren't throwing motion sensor like a freaking mad man. I know no one likes to play recon, but someone got to do this...and do it right...some of you just throw sensors at completely random areas....

--------------------------
To new players, I can not stress this enough:
The most obvious class is not always the best class to use.
So far with the exception of ejas and MassaBR, I found that a lot of the new players seemingly has some sort of issue with switching up class in a game. I mean sure you might be really good/eager at doing what you do (memorycure at quickscoping, the new number 2 at reviving) - but really sometimes you got to get out of that mode and switch to something more useful.

Especially those of you who stick with assault 24/7. Even crack is willing to leave his beloved AN-94 behind sometimes.

Learn to give up on something
Don't think you can get the enemy? then give up, spot him and let someone else take him out.
Have 5 guys swarming toward your flag? give up, go capture somewhere else.

Honestly, if there's a tank at the door, don't be shooting at it with grenade launchers. LEAVE. Run away, hide, capture another flag. Don't stay there and be a death trap to those unaware.

-----------------------------

Sorry that I ragequitted out of that game with ejas, razor, massaBR and Wes, but 1) I found myself all alone guarding a base half of the time. 2)no one was paying attention to the motion sensors and 3)once A was armed everyone ran over there leaving B all vulnerable. (repeat to 1)

Omiee

i finally got bc2 for pc but i keep getting logged of and i cant connect to ea servers now, are the servers down or what is the problem.

abuC

Yeah that first Arica game must have taken 30 minutes, at one point we would have all 3 flags, then 2 mins later they would have all 3. I left after the first panama game, once it started to thin out, Im ok with losing there since we beat them 4 straight times.

Nabs

Omiee said:
i finally got bc2 for pc but i keep getting logged of and i cant connect to ea servers now, are the servers down or what is the problem.
servers have been screwy with the launch of vietnam. try later/tomorrow

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
God and I thought I was the only one. :lol

---------------------------

ATTENTION: I NEED TO GET A MOTION SENSOR APPRENTICE. I CAN'T BE THE ONLY GUY DOING THIS

We wouldn't have won the 2 arica conquest sets if I weren't throwing motion sensor like a freaking mad man. I know no one likes to play recon, but someone got to do this...and do it right...some of you just throw sensors at completely random areas....

When I play Recon I spam the sensors like nobody business. Hell, I probably get half my points from motion mine assists. The problem with that round was that we needed to throw them off by capturing A.

But overall we did well, like abuC said those dudes were part of a clan and GAF managed to beat them pretty well. If I'm not mistaken this is how it went for the night:

Oasis round 1: GAF win
Oasis round 2: GAF win
Arica round 2: GAF win
Arica round 1: GAF win
Panama Canal round 1: they won
Panama Canal round 2: they won

those were some intense games. moment of the night for me was on the 2nd game of Panama Canal when i finally ran over one of the other team's AT Mines and the guy who set them got out of his tank to Teabag me. i was mining the crap out of them for the past game and a half, so he must have been ecstatic for that kill.

yep, that's exactly how it went olimpia.

Omiee

Nabs said:
servers have been screwy with the launch of vietnam. try later/tomorrow

cuz it was fine earlier but now its just giving me cant connect to EA.
even though i redeemed my code and i was in a server for a few minutes.
anyway a few tips for a noob to pc online gaming ( shooters ) what is the max ping room u should get in to so u wont have any lag.
iv seen rooms with 25 ping and stuff, is that all right..?
also if u play tactical and not run and gun, would controller be good, cuz i tried using keyboard and mouse and its sooooo hard getting used to after playing online shooters with a controller for 5 years.
oh and another question when i was playing on the ps3 version u had to download patches and the dlc of the free maps.
where can i download the latest patches or will steam do that automatically and where can i get the dlc and can i still get it for free..? i mean the vip stuff.
cuz i bought ( well got gifted to me but bought it ) so i should be able to have vip status right..?
also steam is awesome with its ingame browser.

btw are u guys still playing on PS3..? cuz i might have a copy laying around here somwhere. if i wanna game when im in bed or on the couch sometime.

Omiee

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i think EA login servers are down, the game booted me out during Nelson Bay CQ and i couldn't connect to EA.

and yep, we were playing on PS3.

well def have to add some of you guys on psn, cuz im going to look for this game, either i have it or i lend it to my brother.

olimpia84 said:
When I play Recon I spam the sensors like nobody business. Hell, I probably get half my points from motion mine assists. The problem with that round was that we needed to throw them off by capturing A.

But overall we did well, like abuC said those dudes were part of a clan and GAF managed to beat them pretty well. If I'm not mistaken this is how it went for the night:

In the first round I told Razor to screw b and go get the guy capturing C.
He told me that he's busying capturing B, and I had to do it alone:lol

I got Ace on one of the arica rounds just from all the motion sensor spotting, and assisted in clearing A a couple of times. However, since Vinz was always camping at B, I either had to spawn on him or near the UAV over and over (could only run to A when the game let me spawn at the construction site.)

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I'm an awesome recon, and I'd play it even more if I wasn't an even better medic. Only times I would switch would be for moments like the one we just had or defending during a rush game. But next time the heat piles on, I'll be lobbing sensors with you.

Nabs

Omiee said:
cuz it was fine earlier but now its just giving me cant connect to EA.
even though i redeemed my code and i was in a server for a few minutes.
anyway a few tips for a noob to pc online gaming ( shooters ) what is the max ping room u should get in to so u wont have any lag.
iv seen rooms with 25 ping and stuff, is that all right..?
also if u play tactical and not run and gun, would controller be good, cuz i tried using keyboard and mouse and its sooooo hard getting used to after playing online shooters with a controller for 5 years.
oh and another question when i was playing on the ps3 version u had to download patches and the dlc of the free maps.
where can i download the latest patches or will steam do that automatically and where can i get the dlc and can i still get it for free..? i mean the vip stuff.
cuz i bought ( well got gifted to me but bought it ) so i should be able to have vip status right..?
also steam is awesome with its ingame browser.

btw are u guys still playing on PS3..? cuz i might have a copy laying around here somwhere. if i wanna game when im in bed or on the couch sometime.

- anything under 100ms will be great. 150 won't kill you.

- you can't use a controller in bc2. it also wouldn't help. trust me, i've tried it in many games. you'll always be at a disadvantage. i recommend tweaking your settings a bit. maybe adjust your sensitivity. that might help ease you into things.

- patches are handled through steam. you're completely up to date. all new updates will be downloaded automatically, so you'll never have to worry about it.

- you have VIP status.

- steam is so awesome. that in game browser is badass. i'm on gaf while maps are loading and shit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
- steam is so awesome. that in game browser is badass. i'm on gaf while maps are loading and shit.
It sucks because maps load in 10-15 seconds so you hardly see anything on Gaf before you have to start playing again.

Topher said:
I'm an awesome recon, and I'd play it even more if I wasn't an even better medic. Only times I would switch would be for moments like the one we just had or defending during a rush game. But next time the heat piles on, I'll be lobbing sensors with you.

Just watch where you revive people next time.:lol

Jas

Dreamgazer said:
Sorry that I ragequitted out of that game with ejas, razor, massaBR and Wes, but 1) I found myself all alone guarding a base half of the time. 2)no one was paying attention to the motion sensors and 3)once A was armed everyone ran over there leaving B all vulnerable. (repeat to 1)

No problem, it was a frustrating game. I probably would of quit too if it wasn't going to be my last game for the night. Looking forward to tomorrow when Vietnam hits the PS3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
abuC said:

I played earlier in the evening... and after getting steamrolled twice (again 3 or 4 gaffers doing everything) and feeling like I put up probably two of my best games to no avail... I had to call it a night. Just too frustrating.

edit: also I was alone for most of the time -- didn't get into a squad until the very end. :/

PedYup

recklessmind said:
No stats/unlocks atm... sorry Rock, but I'm not in the mood for that.

No problem, I can´t believe I´m only able to join matches into really bad teams (and drag fellow Gaffers to them).

A little later the servers started working and had a great round at Valparaiso, ejas and Faceless joined and we did the 1-2 smoke + arming combo at the last set of MComs winning with a few tickets left. I left then as it was getting late.

I´ll try to get in today.

Evolved1

PedYup said:
No problem, I can´t believe I´m only able to join matches into really bad teams (and drag fellow Gaffers to them).

A little later the servers started working and had a great round at Valparaiso, ejas and Faceless joined and we did the 1-2 smoke + arming combo at the last set of MComs winning with a few tickets left. I left then as it was getting late.

I´ll try to get in today.

Dude are you getting Vietnam? If you weren't planning on it, pm me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:

What, you're giving out free PSN cards? Let me in on that action, sucka.

Evolved1

I was just asking if he was getting it... rock and I play together a lot. It's weird (and usually quite frustrating) when he's not on.

One of those things where you can just count on someone doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done without having to say anything. And you get used to his consistent 3000+ games. Though you also have to get used to just having the best squad pin, and hardly ever acing. :lol

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
I cannot wait for tonight. :D :D

You should come play now... I can't get into memorycure's game and the random games/squads I keep joining are always on the wrong side of a death march.

Evolved1

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Froze on the last crate, our team had 4 tickets... I'm Sure we lose

We armed but they drained our tickets before detonation. :/

Then the next game came down to the same spot, but when they armed, they were able to get a mortar on it. Another close loss.

I have to do some stuff around the house, will be back on later. Hopefully Vietnam drops soon.

PedYup

recklessmind said:
Thank you very much for your kind offer. I´ll certainly pick the expansion the minute I see it on the PSN Store. I´m looking forward to playing the new maps with you guys albeit a day late (from the Euro store refresh).

Wow...haven't seen this many tards since the beta. When I yell "cave!!" you better believe I'm not fucking around. I spotted a guy and I kid you not, 10 fucking triangles popped up and I was the only one around shooting them. :\

Every time the enemy would get down to 20 tickets my team would run off thinking it's a win and bam both MCOMs get armed and we lose.

Then there's a billion Rambo medics and no health.

Mr Sandman said:
Wow...haven't seen this many tards since the beta. When I yell "cave!!" you better believe I'm not fucking around. I spotted a guy and I kid you not, 10 fucking triangles popped up and I was the only one around shooting them. :\

Every time the enemy would get down to 20 tickets my team would run off thinking it's a win and bam both MCOMs get armed and we lose.

I hate when the team starts getting cocky/arrogant. Seen a lot of loses that came from that.

"Oh look guys they got 20 lives left! Charge!!!"

Then there is 1-2 left defending out of a 12 man team and a single squad double armed and wiped us out.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
I hate when the team starts getting cocky/arrogant. Seen a lot of loses that came from that.

"Oh look guys they got 20 lives left! Charge!!!"

Then there is 1-2 left defending out of a 12 man team and a single squad double armed and wiped us out.

That happened the other day, got them down to 10 tickets
and everyone started chasing kills, I stayed by the crate only to get overwhelmed by a good/determined squad. They armed and eventually won the game.......

Mr Sandman said:

Can't stress it enough, especially with all the new players:

Dreamgazer said:
[*]Understand that there are certain conditions to doing certain things. - Are the trees all cleared? Are the AT-mines in place? Are there guys on the stationary-AT overlooking the battlefield? If yes - then you may push up to the attacker's spawn. If not, get back in base.

[/LIST]

I'm definitely going to be back full time unless not much is playing BFBC2. Just send me an invite now if I'm playing GT5. There might be instances that I can't join because I might be in an endurance race though.

The Crak is back tonight.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
I'm definitely going to be back full time unless not much is playing BFBC2. Just send me an invite now if I'm playing GT5. There might be instances that I can't join because I might be in an endurance race though.

The Crak is back tonight.

You'll be needing this:

AN94.gif

0225_.jpg

Welcome back solider.

Evolved1

Just read that Vietnam is up for 360... still waiting on PSN. I just searched, sometimes you can find stuff that way before they update the store front, but it's still not there. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
abuC said:
You'll be needing this:

AN94.gif

Welcome back solider.

:lol Reminding me of Halo 2's opening.

"You'll be needing this, 'Chief." (Navy dude hands him the Battle Rifle)

recklessmind said:
Just read that Vietnam is up for 360... still waiting on PSN. I just searched, sometimes you can find stuff that way before they update the store front, but it's still not there. :/

You're searching for nothing, man. PSN/SCEA is fucked up and updates at a random time EVERY week until MS. It's a fucking mystery how they get their shit together and something I've asked on their blog to clarify millions of times.

You're looking at 5-7PMEST. Sometimes they update as late as MIDNIGHT EST. Until Kass and the PSN store thread things are up via search, don't bother.

Top Bottom