• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Razor210

TheSeks said:
I remember someone on GAF Vega trolling you in Endless.

I got trolled because I wasn't used to having people watch me (first match with that group) and I was thinking "oh, Cody standing block will block an overhead." Nope.avi I should've focused, they said. And they're right. I need to work on my focus and grabs.

And I love how we're completely off topic because SCEA sucks and can't give us Vietnam to play.
Balrog's focus attack sucks. I'll try using it on jump-ins now.

By the way, I finally picked up Drake's Fortune. I'll be playing it soon...hopefully.

Who wants to bet we'll be waiting until 10 pm to actually start downloading?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LAGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

and full servers, typical DICE launch.

Massa

In addition to Vietnam there's some price drops for BC2 on today's update:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 – Onslaught Mode – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP DLC – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99) **Only available via in-game Store
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Shortcut Kit – Assault – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Shortcut Kit – Bundle – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Shortcut Kit – Engineer – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Shortcut Kit – Recon – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)

TheSeks

Guess that means tonight is the last content update for the game. Everything else now is balance or bugs if they support us after this year. :lol

Hyunkel6

I started playing the MP 2 days ago...and I'm loving it! Weird, since I did not really like BC 1. I can't put my finger on it, but the game seems more friendly than the first one. I won the majority of my games with good scores using the medic and engineer classes. :D

Some beginner questions. Forgive my ignorance.

- Which icon on the minimap should I be looking for when a teammate needs reviving?
- Is there any way for a medic to take out a tank? I sometimes find myself alone at a flag with an enemy tank, and the most I can do is to use the tracer gun and hope my teammates rush over to take it out.
- Enemies don't show up on the minimap when they fire their weapons, right?
- Does the game balance the teams between matches? Some matches are very uneven, and it seems that the teams remain the same for subsequent matches.
- Is there a way to return to the main menu between games without waiting for the next game to load and then choosing "exit game" from the start menu?

Hyunkel6 said:
I started playing the MP 2 days ago...and I'm loving it! Weird, since I did not really like BC 1. I can't put my finger on it, but the game seems more friendly than the first one. I won the majority of my games with good scores using the medic and engineer classes. :D

Some beginner questions. Forgive my ignorance.

- Which icon on the minimap should I be looking for when a teammate needs reviving?
- Is there any way for a medic to take out a tank? I sometimes find myself alone at a flag with an enemy tank, and the most I can do is to use the tracer gun and hope my teammates rush over to take it out.
- Enemies don't show up on the minimap when they fire their weapons, right?
- Does the game balance the teams between matches? Some matches are very uneven, and it seems that the teams remain the same for subsequent matches.
- Is there a way to return to the main menu between games without waiting for the next game to load and then choosing "exit game" from the start menu?

1) The EKG like symbol, white for regular teammates and green for squad:
ekg.png

2) There is no way for a medic to take out the tank with its class weapons. However, you can try throwing a grenade at it if you're sure it got less than 10 health. Otherwise don't bother and run away/ hide.

3) Enemies that has silence weapons will not show up on the minimap. All other weapons will show up on the map briefly when fired.

4) No, the game does not balance the teams between matches . However, it will try to throw you over to whoever you tried to join on (from "join a friend") if there is space.

5) Not that we know of. If you play on consoles, however, you can disconnect (un-sync)your controller and the game will automatically kick you out.

Hyunkel6

Dreamgazer said:
1) The EKG like symbol, white for regular teammates and green for squad:
ekg.png

2) There is no way for a medic to take out the tank with its class weapons. However, you can try throwing a grenade at it if you're sure it got less than 10 health. Otherwise don't bother and run away/ hide.

3) Enemies that has silence weapons will not show up on the minimap. All other weapons will show up on the map briefly when fired.

4) No, the game does not balance the teams between matches . However, it will try to throw you over to whoever you tried to join on (from "join a friend") if there is space.

5) Not that we know of. If you play on consoles, however, you can disconnect (un-sync)your controller and the game will automatically kick you out.
Thanks a lot. I can't wait to get back into the game! :D

Mœbius

recklessmind said:
We armed but they drained our tickets before detonation. :/

Then the next game came down to the same spot, but when they armed, they were able to get a mortar on it. Another close loss.
Yeah it was close, and I felt like I didn't pull my weight in those games so sorry to all. Could have won it if I was on the ball a bit more. :/

Anyway, I shall also be picking up Vietnam when I get home tonight. :)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
PCGAF, I could use some help:

I can't connect to any server, every time I try I just get 'Connection Lost,' blah blah. I really want to play more of this, but I'm at a complete lost here. I tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling / updating PunkBuster, opening ports, allowing the game and PunkBuster through my firewall, turning off firewall / AV altogether, even turning off Steam in-game overlay ... everything. I've obviously been Googling, checking their forums. I can't fix this shit.

Anybody have any other suggestions? I want to play. :(

1stStrike

Banned
UFRA said:
I'll buy Vietnam tomorrow guys.

It's also my birthday tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll be on. :p

Edit: Blarg. I'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow so I won't be on. I will be on thursday/friday though as I'm off those days.

TheSeks

1stStrike said:

You do know that gets you banned around here, right?

Edit: I'll be nice and edit my quote of it. Merry Christmas.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Too late now. Sek has quoted you FOR EVIDENCE.

Nah, I'll be nice and let him not be banned for the holidays. But he really needs to watch what he says around here, this is the second time in the BC2 OT's he's done that shit. :lol

Just be glad he isn't a Junior. "Evil_As_Skeletor" did nearly the same thing (but in a different way) in the GT5 |OT2|

JM why don't you just celebrate your birthday tomorrow, happy birthday.
I'll play all week and weekend usual time. Vietnam is more based on infantry don't anybody agree? My weapon of choice is the M14. It's nice to see you on bfbc again strike.

GuiltybyAssociation said:

I can't connect to any server, every time I try I just get 'Connection Lost,' blah blah. I really want to play more of this, but I'm at a complete lost here. I tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling / updating PunkBuster, opening ports, allowing the game and PunkBuster through my firewall, turning off firewall / AV altogether, even turning off Steam in-game overlay ... everything. I've obviously been Googling, checking their forums. I can't fix this shit.

Allow it in your firewall or run as admin?

EDIT: FUCK, I read passed the firewall part. My bad. It's late and I've got bad eyestrain from BC2/BO.

1stStrike said:
*runs over to disarm crate*

*presses O and picks up a weapon*

*tries to get to a spot where pressing O doesn't pick up a weapon*

*crate blows up*
if you're close enough and don't let go of O it disarms anyway. don't look at the timer.

Nabs

probably a problem with ea. just try again later

moojito

Has anyone gone from the 360 version to the pc version with this steam sale? I downloaded it last night but have to wait til' I get home from work to fire it up. Any problems finding decently populated servers?

Also, anyone playing it on a gfx card similar to an hd6450? I'm not sure how ugly it's going to be compared to the 360 with that relic :<

moojito said:
Has anyone gone from the 360 version to the pc version with this steam sale? I downloaded it last night but have to wait til' I get home from work to fire it up. Any problems finding decently populated servers?

Also, anyone playing it on a gfx card similar to an hd6450? I'm not sure how ugly it's going to be compared to the 360 with that relic :<
Yeah there's a lot of populated servers and I think I heard 30,000 players online when 'Nam came out.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
moojito said:

I didn't 'switch' from PS3 to PC per say but I did buy it on PC with the steam sale. I don't have a problem finding populated servers. However, I have a HUGE issue with constantly getting my ass handed to me because I'm horrible with a KB/M. :lol

I tend to stand in the same spot and rotate in 360 degrees while bursting rounds, so frustrating to get a good handle on using the keyboard. I'm trying though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Mr Sandman said:
Allow it in your firewall or run as admin?

EDIT: FUCK, I read passed the firewall part. My bad. It's late and I've got bad eyestrain from BC2/BO.

No worries. I should've mentioned I've tried running the game as admin. Has not worked, obviously.

Nabs said:
probably a problem with ea. just try again later

I've been having this issue for over a month now. First week I bought the game everything was fine, then it just progressively went to shit, and I hadn't changed anything on my end. I can't connect to anything now. I also found this 'netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled' thing in admin command prompt recommendation and it had no effect. I don't believe it's an EA problem. Of course, I don't know for certain. I have no idea what the culprit here is.

Seriously, if anybody has had this 'connection lost' issue and found some wacky-ass workaround that I'm unaware of, no matter how crazy it is, I'm all ears. I've tried everything I can find and can't get past this. I'm completely out of 'fixes' here. Asking you guys is all I got left. I just want to play with my boys. :(

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Whelp with the amazing Steam sale had to double-dip this and pick up on PC.

I have a couple questions for PC version tho if anyone could help that would be great.

1. Does it support Steam friends list server joining? or is that for Valve games only?
2. How does the in game friends list work I searched for a buddy that I was playing and sent invite and visa-vesa but nether sees the others invite to be friends..is there a different way to do this?

Hey guys, if anyone has this on PS3, add me! My friend's list is empty and I'm sure BFBC2 is a lot better to play with friends than randoms. :lol

My PSN is RebornYeti.

Nabs

No worries. I should've mentioned I've tried running the game as admin. Has not worked, obviously.

I've been having this issue for over a month now. First week I bought the game everything was fine, then it just progressively went to shit, and I hadn't changed anything on my end. I can't connect to anything now. I also found this 'netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled' thing in admin command prompt recommendation and it had no effect. I don't believe it's an EA problem. Of course, I don't know for certain. I have no idea what the culprit here is.

Seriously, if anybody has had this 'connection lost' issue and found some wacky-ass workaround that I'm unaware of, no matter how crazy it is, I'm all ears. I've tried everything I can find and can't get past this. I'm completely out of 'fixes' here. Asking you guys is all I got left. I just want to play with my boys. :(
ah that sucks. i'll look around and see if i can find anything =\

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll be honest... we're getting a lot of people on PS3 now and it's kinda of hard for me to keep track of everyone and try to get them invited into the game. (especially with how slow the damn XMB messaging is during a match). So it's important you new guys try and add at least a few more gaffers once you meet them in the games.

Also, very important for new people: Once you have a gaffer on your FL's they don't have to invite you to the game. You can join them through the play with friends menu, but more importantly, if you get stuck on the wrong team in a game... watch for a spot to open up in the select menu. If you see one, go into the squads menu > invite a friend > and from there you can either invite people to your squad or "join" the other person's team. This is how you get onto the right side. A person doesn't have to send you an (multiple :lol ) invite.

Usually, if regulars see a space open and know some gaffers are stuck on the other side, we'll send invites, but you guys should really keep an eye out yourselves, because, like I mentioned, it's getting difficult to keep track of all the new players now and make sure no one gets left out.

I still have space on my list, so feel free to add me, but make sure you get some more gaffers on your list. If you spam invites, some people's lists are pretty full, so you really increase your chances getting accepted if you put "gaf:bc2" in the message. And you neogaf username doesn't hurt, especially if it's different than your PSN ID.

Sorry man, haven't had any issues with that myself :-/

Evolved1

-Yeti said:
Cool, just added evolved1, you, and recklessmind. Just feel free to invite me whenever. Also, I might just join in on the games randomly if there's a spot open if you guys don't mind. :D

That's another recklessmind on psn... well it's me, but an old PSN account I forgot how to access. :lol

You can delete that one for space, I just use "evolved1" now.

recklessmind said:
That's another recklessmind on psn... well it's me, but an old PSN account I forgot how to access. :lol

You can delete that one for space, I just use "evolved1" now.

Oh ok.

I don't think I'm gonna run out of space anytime soon though. I just got a PS3 and BFBC2, so I'm pretty new.

Dreamgazer said:
Yeah, people really got to stop this
"Yo I'm here, add me! why aren't you adding me?" mentality - do your own work!:lol

It never hurts to ask though. ;)

But I did go ahead and added a few of you guys, so I did do my own work! :lol

I just bought this on Steam yesterday. Today I installed it. When I try to input my Serial Number I keep getting a connection error. Is this something on my end or theirs? I'm getting a little frustrated here. Every time I want to try again, I have to reenter the ridiculously long string of characters and apparently EA had the bright idea to not segment the key.

abuC

recklessmind said:
I'll be honest... we're getting a lot of people on PS3 now and it's kinda of hard for me to keep track of everyone and try to get them invited into the game. (especially with how slow the damn XMB messaging is during a match). So it's important you new guys try and add at least a few more gaffers once you meet them in the games.

Also, very important for new people: Once you have a gaffer on your FL's they don't have to invite you to the game. You can join them through the play with friends menu, but more importantly, if you get stuck on the wrong team in a game... watch for a spot to open up in the select menu. If you see one, go into the squads menu > invite a friend > and from there you can either invite people to your squad or "join" the other person's team. This is how you get onto the right side. A person doesn't have to send you an (multiple :lol ) invite.

Usually, if regulars see a space open and know some gaffers are stuck on the other side, we'll send invites, but you guys should really keep an eye out yourselves, because, like I mentioned, it's getting difficult to keep track of all the new players now and make sure no one gets left out.

I still have space on my list, so feel free to add me, but make sure you get some more gaffers on your list. If you spam invites, some people's lists are pretty full, so you really increase your chances getting accepted if you put "gaf:bc2" in the message. And you neogaf username doesn't hurt, especially if it's different than your PSN ID.

Another important thing for new players, if you're riding in the tank with me, don't shoot the machine gun until you see someone. I hate when people just start firing at nothing at all announcing that a tank is on the way, and where it's coming from. That's a good way for you to get left when you get out to repair it, I'll take off without you if you're trigger happy.

Evolved1

abuC said:
Another important thing for new players, if you're riding in the tank with me, don't shoot the machine gun until you see someone. I hate when people just start firing at nothing at all announcing that a tank is on the way, and where it's coming from. That's a good way for you to get left when you get out to repair it, I'll take off without you if you're trigger happy.

:lol Omg so true... that drives me nuts.

abuC said:

I usually jump in and give a few shots to let the driver know he has a gunner. Or I'll shoot the trees to knock them down for more visibility for the 3,000 recons on my team. Not everyone is just shooting to hear the gun go off.

Evolved1

OldJadedGamer said:
I usually jump in and give a few shots to let the driver know he has a gunner. Or I'll shoot the trees to knock them down for more visibility for the 3,000 recons on my team. Not everyone is just shooting to hear the gun go off.

Driver can usually tell when someone is shooting just to shoot... there's an aimlessness to it that's unmistakable.

Felix Lighter said:
I just bought this on Steam yesterday. Today I installed it. When I try to input my Serial Number I keep getting a connection error. Is this something on my end or theirs? I'm getting a little frustrated here. Every time I want to try again, I have to reenter the ridiculously long string of characters and apparently EA had the bright idea to not segment the key.

Never mind, it finally went through.

Top Bottom