• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

I just lost all my multiplayer progress. WTF DICE? Game shows my points in leaderboards, but it says I'm rank 1 and I don't have any weapons unlocked. Really disappointing, since I wanted to use free time during the holidays to level up a bit.

Deadly

Lagspike_exe said:
I just lost all my multiplayer progress. WTF DICE? Game shows my points in leaderboards, but it says I'm rank 1 and I don't have any weapons unlocked. Really disappointing, since I wanted to use free time during the holidays to level up a bit.
Get a kill and it'll come back

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rorschach said:
Matchmaking or set up?

Faceless is matchmaking, always. PS3 or 360. Unless he joins a friends game. Maybe you aren't playing Rush? Faceless' mode of choice for PS3, anyway.

meppi said:
Fuck this shit. :mad:

Give it a week or ten. DICE will fix it eventually, I'm sure. They better otherwise they're going to be killed when BF3 releases.

Metalmurphy said:
But it never shows up ingame.

Did you buy/recieve SPECACTS. Did you download the 100KB unlock key? If yes to the above, you should have in Vanilla (NOT VIETNAM) SA character choice/skins and the guns will be at the buttom of the list before the all-kit items show up on the list. Scroll down the guns to see.

If you don't know how to do that...

And if you have bought the SPECACT stuff and it isn't showing up... I dunno.

Your stats aren't lost, their servers are panicking. They come and go. But your progress isn't lost. It's more earning playing while they're gone and getting the points that's the worry.

TheSeks said:
Did you buy/recieve SPECACTS. Did you download the 100KB unlock key? If yes to the above, you should have in Vanilla (NOT VIETNAM) SA character choice/skins and the guns will be at the buttom of the list before the all-kit items show up on the list. Scroll down the guns to see.

If you don't know how to do that...

And if you have bought the SPECACT stuff and it isn't showing up... I dunno.

I'm on the PC and no, I didn't buy anything. Don't even know what SPECACT is

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
I'm on the PC and no, I didn't buy anything. Don't even know what SPECACT is

Then there you go. That M16 is the Assault SPECACT gun. PC doesn't have it.

Rorschach

TheSeks said:
Faceless is matchmaking, always. PS3 or 360. Unless he joins a friends game. Maybe you aren't playing Rush? Faceless' mode of choice for PS3, anyway.
Ah, so Rush is more populated? I'll try that, thanks. I always just put "any" to give me the best chance. :| This is on 360, though. :\ This game could benefit immensely from dedicated servers or at least a lobby system.

It's a shame that developers think majority of people are too stupid to navigate through a list to pick which server they want to join and it's a shame there are people too stupid to navigate a list and don't even know how to join a server.

Ocho

Something funny happened on Isla Inocentes I'd like to share.

When it was my time to defend, I was up against a bunch of Gaffers and I ultimately knew we would be curshed with little to no resistance, therefore I was looking for an oportunity to change squads and, consequently, to the attacking team.

A spot opened right when a GAFfer killed me on B site (first set) right after they (the attacking team) armed the bomb. I proceded to change teams, and join the session of a fellow gaffer, and right then I was resurrected by a defending member. However, I was no longer part of the defending team and I proceeded to mow down two (including my resurrector) and knife another one who were desperately trying to defuse the bomb.

I then proceeded to laugh maniacally for a minute trying to imagine the surprise the medic who resurrected me. He, literally, resurrected an enemy.

:lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
ochobit said:

When it was my time to defend, I was up against a bunch of Gaffers and I ultimately knew we would be curshed with little to no resistance, therefore I was looking for an oportunity to change squads and, consequently, to the attacking team.

A spot opened right when a GAFfer killed me on B site (first set) right after they (the attacking team) armed the bomb. I proceded to change teams, and join the session of a fellow gaffer, and right then I was resurrected by a defending member. However, I was no longer part of the defending team and I proceeded to mow down two (including my resurrector) and knife another one who were desperately trying to defuse the bomb.

I then proceeded to laugh maniacally for a minute trying to imagine the surprise the medic who resurrected me. He, literally, resurrected an enemy.

That's hilarious.

But you know what isn't? My fucking stats disappearing again. Right after acing a few rounds and getting some much needed mine kills. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

DICE... do your fucking games ever just work? Christ.

Seems like every week there's something new and retarded to deal with.

The Steam sale brought in a ton of assholes. I had like 4 or 5 kills and some guy has the nerve to call me a virgin loser no life level 50 or some shit after I killed him, and I proceed to just say "u mad?" And some other guy backed him up saying all I do is play the game and that I should feel bad. :lol Games been out for what 9 months? Level 50s not hard to get to if you're not a worthless wookie bitch!

@ochobit

I love when that happens!! Happened to me the other day on Nam. I was running up to "teammates" popping them with my M40 haha. I think I got it on video. It also happened to me on the beta, only I res'd the guy and he killed me. For the longest time I thought "Really DICE? You can res enemies now? WTF?"

Mr Sandman said:
The Steam sale brought in a ton of assholes. I had like 4 or 5 kills and some guy has the nerve to call me a virgin loser no life level 50 or some shit after I killed him, and I proceed to just say "u mad?" And some other guy backed him up saying all I do is play the game and that I should feel bad. :lol Games been out for what 9 months? Level 50s not hard to get to if you're not a worthless wookie bitch!

I can't imagine why they would say such things.

TheSeks

Haha, playing Assault Recon at the midline with the GOL can be sort-of fun. Sniper vs Sniper battle. I move, stop for a second, fire. HEADSHOT on a dude trying to take potshots on me. Q3A railgun dodging pays off for once. :lol

abuC

ochobit said:

:lol :lol :lol

In that same game towards the end rock and I went on a killing spree to end the game, must have killed 10-15 guys straight in about 2 mins we cleaned out the sniper hill, then heard another sniper to the right of it and started murdering everyone on that side. At one point we both ran to knife the same guy, me from the back and him from the front :lol

Rorschach

The Faceless Master said:
matchmaking, nobody on my friends list was on.

actually i was playing Conquest.
His advice to play Rush actually worked, though.:lol I can't get more than a 4v5 when I choose "any."

Good games today Ejas.

Pretty short games with GAF.

Lots of rage quitters today.

I killed you 8bit and I got booted from the server soon after. Move around when defusing man :lol

Jas

Crakatak187 said:
Good games today Ejas.

Pretty short games with GAF.

Lots of rage quitters today.

I killed you 8bit and I got booted from the server soon after. Move around when defusing man :lol

Yep, had fun. Sorry if you joined thinking I was playing with GAF guys. A few people I played with for a while were on and jumped into their game.

Just tried playing with randoms and some guy on my team had over -5000 points from blowing up our MCOMs :(

Nabs said:
Great games PCers... must have had 15 at one point.
Yes, it's a shame we all coudlnt be on at the same time, at one point we had like 8 of us on one team. Talk about steamroll. The best though, is when you've got 1 GAFsquad on each team, shit gets intense.

Like this game, 4 of GAF were on the opposite team and I was by myself. I pulled an ACE pin with almost 5000 points.
bfbc2game2011-01-0200-26ph.png

Can you guess what I was doing?
bfbc2game2011-01-0200-a5i8.png

It was hilarious, I had become my worst enemy and I was apologizing to the 4 of GAF-squad the whole time...

Nabs was laughing his ass off when he caught me in the chopper repairing it from the side seat. Then he switched to full-on Medic LMG with Magnum rounds to try and take down teh chopper and yet, I never died for about 20 minutes from within that chopper until about 4 minutes before the round ended. :lol

After that we joined about 6 other PCBC2-GAF guys in vanilla and we had a blast winding down tonight. :D

Jas said:
Yep, had fun. Sorry if you joined thinking I was playing with GAF guys. A few people I played with for a while were on and jumped into their game.

Just tried playing with randoms and some guy on my team had over -5000 points from blowing up our MCOMs :(
Never thought that. I just hopped in and played. I went back and forth between your game and gaf.

Jas

Crakatak187 said:
Never thought that. I just hopped in and played. I went back and forth between your game and gaf.

Cool, it's happened a couple of times when GAF guys join my game and I'm not playing with GAF. I feel kind of bad when it happens.

Jas said:
Cool, it's happened a couple of times when GAF guys join my game and I'm not playing with GAF. I feel kind of bad when it happens.
Don't feel that way man, Gaf got way too many members of PS3 players at times :lol
They won't notice if one guy doesn't join. Hell I decline invites if I'm playing another game all the time.

There are times I rather have 3-4 Gaf total in one server then have a team stacked full of gaf. A team stacked full of gaf would just scare the whole opposing team away too quickly.

PedYup

abuC said:
In that same game towards the end rock and I went on a killing spree to end the game, must have killed 10-15 guys straight in about 2 mins we cleaned out the sniper hill, then heard another sniper to the right of it and started murdering everyone on that side. At one point we both ran to knife the same guy, me from the back and him from the front :lol

Really annoying wookie team, after being sniped for the nth time I though f**k it, the Mcoms are well guarded so let´s go picnic at the hills. I joined AbuC doing the rounds there, I couldn´t believe we went to knife the last one at the same time :lol :lol
Great games tonight. Another highlights were hitting a chopper and a jumping quad with the tank. I got at last the Aerial vehicles Platinum thanks to great flying from AbuC and Evolved1.

TheSeks

do people ever get tired of being a team full of wookies while attacking on Isla Inocentes?

I usually play with GAF. But when I don't, I drink Dos Equis. Stay camping, my friends, I need the sauce to quell my rage at you.

It's especially annoying on defense, as it means having to avoid being sniped. Have snipers to snipe, plus medic to revive and assault to throw ammo to the snipers. Stupid.

Why are there blurred names in that PC screenshot?

Hastings is fun in Conquest, have yet to try Rush. halfway done with the SVD! AN-94 is now Retired!

oh, almost forgot... i stole the US chopper from their base in Phu Bai Conquest! it was hilarious too, i gunned down a poor yankee soldier on the helipad then hopped in and took off!

TheSeks said:
I usually play with GAF. But when I don't, I drink Dos Equis. Stay camping, my friends, I need the sauce to quell my rage at you.

It's especially annoying on defense, as it means having to avoid being sniped. Have snipers to snipe, plus medic to revive and assault to throw ammo to the snipers. Stupid.
oh, this time the wookies were on the other team, but still... wow...

Why are there blurred names in that PC screenshot?
to protect the innocent!

TheSeks

oh, this time the wookies were on the other team, but still... wow...

All they do is sit in the safety of the spawn protected spawn. So annoying.

sk3tch

Went back to vanilla BFBC2 recently and wow...the new maps are great. I'm in the GAF 360 group on Xbox LIVE so feel free to invite me if you're playing: sk3tchcom. The only time I won't join is if I'm about to quit soon (I usually play during my son's naps).

Evolved1

PedYup said:
I got at last the Aerial vehicles Platinum thanks to great flying from AbuC and Evolved1.

You are a sick gunner... we'd be shot down in two seconds if you didn't kill everyone who dares pop their head out. :lol

Foil

I finally got to pick this game up for PS3 after months of being without my console. Loved the beta and the demo, yet I'm a little frustrated with the game online. Spotting doesn't seem to work at all for me. I had no problems with it in the beta, now when I see people right in the open, press the spot button on them and it does nothing. Over and over again. Did they change this feature or are their problems with it? I'm not stupid and I spot like crazy. Half the time it fails to register a spot and I'm not spamming the button either. Seems like it's 50/50 whether it actually works.

Playing with randoms makes me want to smash my face off the wall. I'm very rusty myself being 10 months away from this game or so, but man... They don't ever seem to go back to try and stop the crates from blowing up, some get in vehicles and just level buildings on defense for no reason, many don't join squads, nobody supports anyone. Ugh. I'm not the best right now and I just play for fun, but come on. Atleast try to help the team out a little bit. As for Vietnam, I really have to get use to the maps and how easily you go down. I'm struggling, lol. Amazing what a layoff since March 2010 can do to any skill you had before. :lol

I guess the stats aren't working properly right now. Nothing I've done has saved, great day to get into the game. Is the Onslaught Mode worth it? I got a code for that and 1943 (which I already own) in the Ultimate Edition. Might just trade that off to somebody since I doubt I'll ever play it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Foil said:
I finally got to pick this game up for PS3 after months of being without my console. Loved the beta and the demo, yet I'm a little frustrated with the game online. Spotting doesn't seem to work at all for me. I had no problems with it in the beta, now when I see people right in the open, press the spot button on them and it does nothing. Over and over again. Did they change this feature or are their problems with it? I'm not stupid and I spot like crazy. Half the time it fails to register a spot and I'm not spamming the button either. Seems like it's 50/50 whether it actually works.

Playing with randoms makes me want to smash my face off the wall. I'm very rusty myself being 10 months away from this game or so, but man... They don't ever seem to go back to try and stop the crates from blowing up, some get in vehicles and just level buildings on defense for no reason, many don't join squads, nobody supports anyone. Ugh. I'm not the best right now and I just play for fun, but come on. Atleast try to help the team out a little bit. As for Vietnam, I really have to get use to the maps and how easily you go down. I'm struggling, lol. Amazing what a layoff since March 2010 can do to any skill you had before. :lol

I guess the stats aren't working properly right now. Nothing I've done has saved, great day to get into the game. Is the Onslaught Mode worth it? I got a code for that and 1943 (which I already own) in the Ultimate Edition. Might just trade that off to somebody since I doubt I'll ever play it.
IIRC, the beta version didn't have the spotting cooldown period the retail version has. You can't spam the button like you could in the beta, you have to wait several seconds before it can be used again.

TheSeks

Abu: WTF. Stats say I have all the guns, but joining your game I have no unlocks. SMH DICE.

scoobs

jumped back in after being away from the game (PC) for about 2-3 months. Still dominating everyone w/ the SAIGA/c4 combo. There's just nothing more fun than saiga w/ run speed and bigger magazines. I went 47-13 on offense :) love it!

TheSeks

DERP LET'S RUN THE TANK UP THE CHOKEPOINT AND GET IT KILLED LETTING THEM IN.

SMH Randoms. SMH Abu getting out the tank when I was trying to take out cover to only die leaving me gunnerless (like usual) for the defense. :|

I'd really love it if Crack or Abu worked with me instead of against me. Spawn into death. Spawn into death. Kill someone and no one on our squad is around.

I prefer GAF steamrolls when GAF 3-4 people can't work. :|

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

SMH Randoms. SMH Abu getting out the tank when I was trying to take out cover to only die leaving me gunnerless (like usual) for the defense. :|

When it comes to the matter of tanks... abuC rarely makes mistakes. If he ever bailed on a tank that I was driving I'd probably reevaluate what I was doing, or assume there was some other pressing purpose.

I don't know about anyone else but recently I've found I'm quite reluctant to stay with any tank pilot who doesn't use smoke... good driver or no.

I was practically squadless on that server. I didn't know what the hell was going on really. The weekend idiots was raising my blood pressure so I was playing irrational as hell.

I ran into a lot of idiots in the several servers before joining that game. I came in irritated.

Evolved1

Crakatak187 said:
I was practically squadless on that server. I didn't know what the hell was going on really. The weekend idiots was raising my blood pressure so I was playing irrational as hell.

I ran into a lot of idiots in the several servers before joining that game. I came in irritated.

It's funny you say that cause I was in the same mood. Wasn't feeling playing BC2 at 100% but others were on so I joined.

Spawn, crashed the apache trying to avoid AA gun.

Spawn and run all the way to the base get smoked by the AA guy as an infantryman. :lol

Spawn, run all the way to the base, get knifed by Abu.

Spawn, drive ATV to the base get shot in the river.

Spawn drive ATV around the side get shot trying to avoid Abu's tank.

Spawn, say... "Yeah ok fuck this" and turn on Netflix.

I came in a couple times on Oasis with Abu on the other team and seeing circling strafing and blind weekend idiots who couldn't spot an enemy right next to them arming the M-COM. There were around 4 guys around that area. I left in a hurry and the random games weren't good at all. Half the team was filled with snipers. I took 2nd checkpoint alpha by myself taking out 5 guys and that was about it. I couldn't do anything else.

Total knifed count 5-6. The enemies literally walked past the team to knife me a couple of times. Weekend people need glasses or something.

TheSeks

I'd rather have a gunner to back me up when I'm taking out cover than have no gunner, get RPG'ed AND UAV'ed to death while trying to take out cover.

NO ONE ON THE SQUAD even Abu got in. NO ONE. Seriously, WTF. A tank is pretty damn useless without a gunner cover firing for the driver to worry about bigger matters. :|

What pisses me off more is that the tank drive BEFORE I piloted it went up to the choke hold point. I'm sitting there firing at the cover to try to get him to (lightbulb.jpg) to fire at the fucking cover so they can't hide/stealth in. NOPE, LET'S RUN UP THE HILL TOWARD THE ATTACKERS TO GET RPGS UP OUR ASS. DERP DERP. >:|

And that cold war round sucked. Nearly had them at the second set, I'm trying to take down buildings (which seems harder than normal. 6C4 doesn't do it anymore) we're keeping them away, someone arms. I get sniped. Abu gets sniped. I'm rushing toward the sniper and BOOM, crate destroyed. Last set I'm trying to take cover out so they can't stay near A. Get cockblocked/door blocked by the defense/randoms and die. >:|

So frustrating to play with 3-4 GAF and not a full 12 person team of them.

At least I have XM8 Prototype Gold Star 9. One more for the Platinum and then I have to find a new assault gun. :/

Also had some pretty bullshit deaths to accuracy up when we both start firing. I'm going into ADS and this dude either steady aims me or it's lag because three bullets and I'm dead before I can put a third bullet into him. It's like "WTF, we both fired at the same time, I do more damage. :/"

or assume there was some other pressing purpose.

I assume he went after the dude that killed him, who I promptly killed after noticing him (or someone) spotting them flooding in toward the wall I hadn't taken down yet. I was sitting there like "I HAD IT. >:|"

abuC

TheSeks said:

I'd really love it if Crack or Abu worked with me instead of against me. Spawn into death. Spawn into death. Kill someone and no one on our squad is around.

I prefer GAF steamrolls when GAF 3-4 people can't work. :|

On Arica? There were 3 guys, two engineers with rockets out that I wouldn't have been able to hit no matter what I did. If it's impossible for me to shoot them as a gunner, Im going to jump out and try to get them on foot.

abuC

And sorry I didn't accept any requests, I was in a squad with a friend on mine that bought the game on my recommendation. He's had it since launch but usually plays COD.

TheSeks

abuC said:
On Arica? There were 3 guys, two engineers with rockets out that I wouldn't have been able to hit no matter what I did. If it's impossible for me to shoot them as a gunner, Im going to jump out and try to get them on foot.

Dude, I saw them starting to flood in. I was about to hit that wall. All you had to do was stay in the tank and help me. :/

I'm more annoyed at the dude that decided to up the hill, there by letting the attackers slip by instead of holding the chokepoint (and having someone hold the stealth route) more than anything. I'm sitting there like "FIRE AT THE BUILDINGS SO THEY CAN'T HIDE UP STAIRS!" DERP DERP NOPE LET ME DRIVE YOU TO YOUR DEATH. >:|

abuC

TheSeks said:
Dude, I saw them starting to flood in. I was about to hit that wall. All you had to do was stay in the tank and help me. :/

I'm more annoyed at the dude that decided to up the hill, there by letting the attackers slip by instead of holding the chokepoint (and having someone hold the stealth route) more than anything. I'm sitting there like "FIRE AT THE BUILDINGS SO THEY CAN'T HIDE UP STAIRS!" DERP DERP NOPE LET ME DRIVE YOU TO YOUR DEATH. >:|

Some of them were behind the downed building itself, you can't hit them with the gun or the main cannon in that situation.

Daigoro

Church RvB said:
I just did this. The service rep accepted my request even after 12/31/10. I LOVE EA!
sweet.

now comes the grind! good luck. i dunno if i have it in me honestly. especially with the m95. yikes.

Top Bottom