• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Welp, just steamrolled a team with Calion and myself being the only two GAF people. Arica, I pop on their defense, and help them hold off on second set. We go all the way on attack. White Pass, we hold them off first set to where most of them quit (or ragequitted due to map or ragequitted since most wouldn't get out of spawn) to where I play Medic until 10 tickets left and proceed to own them at least five-six times with a stolen Assault on their teams Red Dot (SMH crutches) M416 or whatever the shortbarrel M16 is. :lol

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Any Australian GAF players on steam?

I just got the game (dont play much of anything these days) and want to add some people.

P.S I suck badly.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Welp, just steamrolled a team with Calion and myself being the only two GAF people. Arica, I pop on their defense, and help them hold off on second set. We go all the way on attack. White Pass, we hold them off first set to where most of them quit (or ragequitted due to map or ragequitted since most wouldn't get out of spawn) to where I play Medic until 10 tickets left and proceed to own them at least five-six times with a stolen Assault on their teams Red Dot (SMH crutches) M416 or whatever the shortbarrel M16 is. :lol

Those games were awesome. On White Pass, I was doing my best to garden out their spawn. They did sneak by sometimes, but we quickly disarmed the M-COMs immediately. It was pretty funny watching one of them climb the ladder from the back, only to get to the top and realized the roof was taken out. :lol I noticed you were using the M416, and thought you picked it up off my corpse, but I only use the ACOG, so I guess not. <3 the M416.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Those games were awesome. On White Pass, I was doing my best to garden out their spawn. They did sneak by sometimes, but we quickly disarmed the M-COMs immediately. It was pretty funny watching one of them climb the ladder from the back, only to get to the top and realized the roof was taken out. :lol I noticed you were using the M416, and thought you picked it up off my corpse, but I only use the ACOG, so I guess not. <3 the M416.

I did pick up the M416 off a corpse. I don't suck to where I need a crutch (AKA: scope) with the weapons. So I SMH when I do pick up a scope.

The only reasonable excuse is the "AEK iron sights suck" excuse.

Daigoro

i contacted EA support online this afternoon and got my SPECACT shit unlocked for free. just gave them the dr. pepper codes that have been floating around forever.

just in time too. the promo ends on the 31st. ifyou dont have it already or are new to BC2, go and get hooked up. quick!

TheSeks

Only if you're on 360.

PC/PS3 players are hosed and I doubt EA will give SPECACTS out to us if we bitch.

Not that I didn't buy it day one because I'm an achievement whore. ;__;

Daigoro

eh didnt realize that. that stinks.

hey someone tell me the Gaf 360 tag again please? its not in the OP from what i can see. thanks!

so i tried the VSS today for the first time. it seemed good, but i need to get used to it. feels a lot different than my beloved G3. i seemed to do better when i switched back. maybe ill try acog or iron sights.

i also ran out of fucking ammo and motion mines numerous times because i couldnt get any assaults to drop a damn ammo pack. so annoying. i got the ace pin without your help mofos!

anyone still active on 360 can feel free to add me. gt in profile. i need a good assault please. :) also need some dudes for Onslaught.

no Vietnam yet, but soon!

Jas

Crakatak187 said:
Pretty decent games today even though we were storming noobs. Almost lost on the last game.

Yeah had a lot fun playing with you, striketh, evolved1, and abuC. Highlight of the night was running up sniper hill on Arica and seeing a quad get taken out while it was in mid-air by abuC with a T-90 shell.

TheSeks

Wow, that team sucks. Nothing but Snipers while Stroganov and someone in our squad flew the helicopter. Runned right up to B, and no one is attacking.

PS3 froze, so I left. Good thing it froze, because I wasn't going in as recon just to futile push because of randoms.

Ikuu said:
Anyone played Hastings yet?
Yeah! Best BC2V map by far. I only played Conquest but it was crazy. I didn't play much but it seemed a lot smaller than the original. All of it seemed...right there, not really hidden much? I'll have to play more.

Loxley

So I'm finally getting a handle on the PS3 controller :lol However, starting form scratch on the PS3 reminded me just how much I hate the fact that DICE chose to not have each class start off with it's unique equipment. I felt so useless when I couldn't throw out health packs or ammo : /

I have, however, learned to embrace the shotguns across all the classes (I'm still only Rank 3 at the moment), specifically the 870 Combat, I'd almost go so far as to say that it's the best weapon early on to use for defense on Rush; depending on the map obviously.

BPK

This is a long shot, but has anybody else had sound issues with this game. Every minute or so the sound will cut out for about a second. This and Hot Pursuit (a game Dice collaborated on) are the only two games that don't play nice with my surround system (run through a Yamaha amp). My sound settings are bit stream.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

CAW

I bought the game a few days ago on Steam and I've now unlocked the medic pack about 20 times. Stats aren't saving and it really, really sucks.

Planning on getting Vietnam tomorrow. Not that it matters because I'm rank 1 and stats aren't saving, but with the Xpack do ranks carry over? Like if you were rank 50 in BC2 are you rank 50 in Vietnam or do you start back at rank 1?

mandiller

I bought the game in the steam sale but my god - I can't believe how much I suck. In the last conquest game I scored only one kill and got killed very easily. For some reason all the guns feel laggy and heavy and I can't seem to shoot straight.

Please enlighten me, how do I get better and become more respectable at this game? I'm going to end up rage quitting because I can't kill anything.

The OP has been helpful as a good primer. So has the 'How not to be a noob at BC2' video. But still I can't seem to shoot straight.

Daigoro said:
so i tried the VSS today for the first time. it seemed good, but i need to get used to it. feels a lot different than my beloved G3. i seemed to do better when i switched back. maybe ill try acog or iron sights.

Alot of people prefer to use it with the default 6x scope and just grab the extra ammo perk.

For me - since I have no problem picking up a dead assault's kit and throw ammo boxes - lack of ammo is usually not that much of a problem (at least on the go.)

My default assault recon setup is VSS, Mortar, ACOG, Magnum V. elect.

God damn boat cheating jackasses earlier on Vietnam. AoC clan whimpy ass got to resort to that because they got whipped so badly.

Vanilla was alright other then the opposing team mass quitting in droves. I had to play monopoly with family as well that's why I stopped.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fun games guys... but some of those infantry focused conquest maps are just too long. :lol

Too many tickets!

mandiller said:
I bought the game in the steam sale but my god - I can't believe how much I suck. In the last conquest game I scored only one kill and got killed very easily. For some reason all the guns feel laggy and heavy and I can't seem to shoot straight.

Please enlighten me, how do I get better and become more respectable at this game? I'm going to end up rage quitting because I can't kill anything.

The OP has been helpful as a good primer. So has the 'How not to be a noob at BC2' video. But still I can't seem to shoot straight.
Just remember to burst fire at medium range and tap/single fire at long range (especially true on the PC version as the hitboxes aren't massive).

Also, the default AR sucks until you can put a RDS on it (really bad sights), and you'll be at a disadvantage until you can unlock body armor and magnum ammo.

For the MGs: crouch, don't move, aim down sights, burst fire.

But just stick with it and you'll get it in no time. Repair tanks, revive/heal, spot, provide ammo and stick with your squad and you'll unlock better gear fast as well. Rank <20 servers might help too.

abuC

recklessmind said:
Fun games guys... but some of those infantry focused conquest maps are just too long. :lol

Too many tickets!

Yeah those games were pretty good last night, I like the long games even though my hand started to cramp up :lol

Evolved1

abuC said:
Yeah those games were pretty good last night, I like the long games even though my hand started to cramp up :lol

What's really the killer is when you get them back to back... like you have to play AH a total of four times because the server gives it to you twice. Or last night we get a super long AH game and then it gives us Nelson Bay, which is also long as shit... especially with them having to parachute in. Cap all four bases and you're in for a long ass match against like two guys because the rest quit. :lol

I don't think I've ever raged so hard in my life. 25 tickets to go and one enemy near the point. Not once, twice, but three times I sneak up on this guy with the flamethrower and burn him for what feels like eternity. Not even a hit marker either time, he just casually spins around and then shot me in the face. What made it so bad was knowing that if any of those times he went down, we would've won the game.

wtfux!

Evolved1

abuC said:
Im gonna take a break from Nam until they patch the PBR glitch, every game now someone is doing it.

Honestly I'm already pretty bored of the four maps anyway. There aren't enough, they're too small, they suck for conquest, one of them is completely broken... Add in the PBR thing and it's just not worth the time.

Don't regret buying, but it's kind of whatever atm...

mandiller

Mr Sandman said:
Just remember to burst fire at medium range and tap/single fire at long range (especially true on the PC version as the hitboxes aren't massive).

Also, the default AR sucks until you can put a RDS on it (really bad sights), and you'll be at a disadvantage until you can unlock body armor and magnum ammo.

For the MGs: crouch, don't move, aim down sights, burst fire.

But just stick with it and you'll get it in no time. Repair tanks, revive/heal, spot, provide ammo and stick with your squad and you'll unlock better gear fast as well. Rank <20 servers might help too.

Thanks. I had no idea there was body armour or different types of bullets. I shall have to keep advancing to unlock them.

The unlocking is a pain though, it makes it so hard for beginners when they have crappy weapons (and not even a medkit or ammo box) and opponents have decked out awesome guns with sights. Seems a bit unfair. I unlocked the Assault's first new gun (the Prototype) and I'm loving that a lot more, still working on new guns for all the other classes though.

mandiller said:
Thanks. I had no idea there was body armour or different types of bullets. I shall have to keep advancing to unlock them.

The unlocking is a pain though, it makes it so hard for beginners when they have crappy weapons (and not even a medkit or ammo box) and opponents have decked out awesome guns with sights. Seems a bit unfair. I unlocked the Assault's first new gun (the Prototype) and I'm loving that a lot more, still working on new guns for all the other classes though.
Agreed man, and it's one reason I was so close to writing the game off during the beta. Then I unlocked the XM8 and I think the SCAR-L and AT Mines and it took off from there. :D

1stStrike

Banned
I just played a couple games in vanilla. One where the entire attacking team C4'd all the crates and right when we were kicking their asses on the last set of mcom's (I had 31 kills on my own) they ride in with C4 on an atv and blow it up. I can understand using C4 as a desperation move, but these fuckers just C4'd every god damn crate over and over.

Then, we go to arica harbor and we're attacking. I was going to leave but I was like, fuck it's arica harbor, I'll stay for this. We get to the 3rd set of mcom's and my shitty ass team gets pushed back, every time I spawn there's guys on all sides shooting at me, and they had the tank from the 2nd set of mcom's all the way until near the end when it FINALLY got blown up. I rage quit before the game ended.

I have several games in my back log I need to finish. I think I'm just going to play something else for a while.

abuC

dope4goldrope said:
I don't think I've ever raged so hard in my life. 25 tickets to go and one enemy near the point. Not once, twice, but three times I sneak up on this guy with the flamethrower and burn him for what feels like eternity. Not even a hit marker either time, he just casually spins around and then shot me in the face. What made it so bad was knowing that if any of those times he went down, we would've won the game.

wtfux!

Who was the dumbass that gift wrapped the tank for them, someone jumped out of a tank that had 100 health.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Who was the dumbass that gift wrapped the tank for them, someone jumped out of a tank that had 100 health.

Haha, I saw that and was like "Fucking randoms. >:|"

1stStrike

Banned
My playing other games didn't go so well. I popped in White Knight Chronicles with the intent of putting a few solid hours into it, and after beating one boss remembered why I stopped playing it in the first place.

Then, I opened Lost Planet 2 as it'd been collecting dust for a while, and after doing 1 chapter in that was like "fuck these controls suck".

And, here I am back at BC2 :lol

mandiller

Arggghh, bloody hell. I just had a good match and got around 2,000 points as a medic and finally managed to unlock the medkit and work my way up to near the next one when I got disconnected from the server. I thought, no problems, I'll just reconnect. But then, all my points didn't come with me and I was still at the very start of the medic tree and no medkit.

Who coded this thing to make your points go into thin air when a server is being temperamental?

abuC

Good games tonight, sorry I didn't accept the squad invite 8bit, BDmonk joined me early on and it wouldn't have been right to leave him in a squad by himself.

TheSeks said:
Haha, I saw that and was like "Fucking randoms. >:|"

That basically lost us the game too, they were just peppering the crate with non-stop fire.

1stStrike

Banned
Had some good games with abuc, 8bitgeorge and ejas. There was a particularly close moment on laguna presa where we had 4 tickets left. ejas rolls into their spawn with the bradley and I hop in, gun down 3 guys, the charge gets set and then we get blown up - but the guys remaining protected it and we ended up winning the game. Was a "holy shit" moment for sure.

Me and abuc lit up an entire team on oasis for a bit in a tank too. I was machine gunning and he was parked off to the right and I got over 1,000 points in kills on the first set of mcoms :D

I gotta work saturday/sunday so I won't be on much. Maybe after my shift, but no guarantee.

abuC

1stStrike said:
Had some good games with abuc, 8bitgeorge and ejas. There was a particularly close moment on laguna presa where we had 4 tickets left. ejas rolls into their spawn with the bradley and I hop in, gun down 3 guys, the charge gets set and then we get blown up - but the guys remaining protected it and we ended up winning the game. Was a "holy shit" moment for sure.

Me and abuc lit up an entire team on oasis for a bit in a tank too. I was machine gunning and he was parked off to the right and I got over 1,000 points in kills on the first set of mcoms :D

I gotta work saturday/sunday so I won't be on much. Maybe after my shift, but no guarantee.

Yeah that was great, ejas saved the day there if it wasn't for that push in the Bradley we were going to lose. I popped smoke, and made a run for the crate then he came flying out of nowhere in the Bradley :lol They blew up the tank after I armed, I jumped onto the wreckage and saw a group of 3 guys running to it, I threw a grenade and then killed the guy closest to me, then the guy trying to disarm the crate. After that I killed 2 more guys trying to disarm. You could see them coming thanks to Massa throwing out the motion mines.

And that was great gunning on Oasis, you were mowing them down left and right. I love when they get annoyed and then focus only on you, forgetting that our teammates are arming the crate.

TheSeks

Rorschach said:
Why is every game 2v2 or 4v4 on 360? Does no one play this anymore? Wish I never got this. :|

Vietnam?

Give it a month or two, and I'm sure the games will be balanced again. It also depends on time of day for your region.

AbuC said:
That basically lost us the game too, they were just peppering the crate with non-stop fire.

I KNOW! I ran my ass over the map to B. Arm it... and no one helps me keep it. I'm like ">:|" and "GOOD JOB GUYS! B IS THE ONE TO TAKE FIRST! >:|" (tank gets stolen) "Oh, Jesus Christ... we're going to lose because our team sucks. :|"

"fuck these controls suck".

Because they changed it from the 360-ish controls in the demo to the final. I keep throwing a grenade when I want to snap 90 left like Lost Planet 1. FFFFFFFF.

Cardigan

Rorschach said:
Why is every game 2v2 or 4v4 on 360? Does no one play this anymore? Wish I never got this. :|
The majority of games that I've played have been at least 8v8. While the time of day might affect the number of people in your games, I've played at all times and haven't had any problems.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
My playing other games didn't go so well. I popped in White Knight Chronicles with the intent of putting a few solid hours into it, and after beating one boss remembered why I stopped playing it in the first place.

Then, I opened Lost Planet 2 as it'd been collecting dust for a while, and after doing 1 chapter in that was like "fuck these controls suck".

And, here I am back at BC2 :lol

This is off topic but I started WKC a few weeks ago and think it's just awful... only 4 - 5 hours in and really can't stand it.

Rorschach

TheSeks said:
Vietnam?

Give it a month or two, and I'm sure the games will be balanced again. It also depends on time of day for your region.
That's probably it. Just got it, though. Don't want to get the expansion if I don't even know what the game is like with a full server. With a few players it's pretty boring tbh.

The Faceless Master said:
i was just playing in a full game
Matchmaking or set up?

TheSeks said:
Yeah. They've been going up and down since Vietnam, though. Sorry. :(
I see. And another question, why does the official website say I have this weapon:
M16K.gif

But it never shows up ingame.

meppi

It's fucking pathetic how 12 year old retards have to fuck up every online game ever.

If it isn't the PBR glitchers on Vietnam it's 2 circle strafing noobs on vanilla.

Fuck this shit. :mad:

Daigoro said:
i contacted EA support online this afternoon and got my SPECACT shit unlocked for free. just gave them the dr. pepper codes that have been floating around forever.

just in time too. the promo ends on the 31st. ifyou dont have it already or are new to BC2, go and get hooked up. quick!

I just did this. The service rep accepted my request even after 12/31/10. I LOVE EA!

Top Bottom