• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

No_Style

Crakatak187 said:
My Squad communicates all the time. We be snitching all the time on the mic. The team wasn't communicating well on maps we don't know inside out.

By the time we were at Atacama and etc we were rolling. Especially my favorite Arica harbor.

PS3 GAF playing some regular BC2? I hate the lack presence info for Bad Company 2. :(

I just keep assuming people are in Vietnam.

Daigoro

Emerson said:
I just got BC2 for Christmas and have been putting a lot of time into it. I've played a lot of Battlefield games, including 1943 on XBLA, so I'm not totally new to it. I'm not the best player but I'm not the worst. But I have never, not once, been on the winning team since getting BC2. I'm consistently at the top of my team, but my team always consists of numerous people with 0-200 points, contributing absolutely nothing.

I enjoy this game a lot, but it's very frustrating constantly losing and being dominated by the other team. Why am I never on the good team? Why are teams so poorly balanced? I know I'm opening myself up for people to say I'm bad because I'm always losing, but I really don't think that's the case.

youre just getting unlucky. you just need a halfway decent squad and youll be able to win games with no problem.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No_Style said:
PS3 GAF playing some regular BC2? I hate the lack presence info for Bad Company 2. :(

I just keep assuming people are in Vietnam.

I'd rather play Vanilla any day than Vietnam. Rockscar and I were on most of the day... and lots others... even though we played Nam this evening I think most people are usually playing vanilla.

Especially due to PBR glitching...

PatzCU

Just started playing this on PC. The graphics are hilariously better than the 360 version. What's up with the pings though? The server browser will say 50 and then when I get in my ping is like 100-150. Is this normal? I'm used to a 30-60 ping in TF2.

AcridMeat

Banned
PatzCU that's normal, don't worry about it. In-game you're fine usually with a ping under 200. At least under 200 when you check the in-game tab.

I just had the most frustrating Rush match in my entire time in BC2+Vietnam (123 hours).

For whatever reason, I seemed to be the only person on my team who knew how to arm/disarm objectives. So we're on the attackers on one of the new maps, whichever the wide open field with barns and towns is, and I'm the only person going after the crates and arming them. Apart from MoFuzz who was in my squad, no one was even going out far from our main spawn to try to do anything.

Yet we somehow kept moving forward. I managed to get to a point where I would arm both at once and try to take out as many as I could and hope that they couldn't get both in time. This kind of work eventually brought us to the final set. I say eventually because it took for fucking ever to get the objectives as a single person.

We couldn't get the last set of crates though, even though someone FINALLY armed one on their own. I ended the game something like 40-39 with a score of 4735 (before the award bonuses) or thereabouts.

tl;dr Fuck randoms. :( I earned that motherfucking ace pin.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Recently re-installed to play some games with my two brothers and brother-in-law. Forgot how amazing it can get when a squad gels like a smooth machine.

Now I gotta buy Vietnam. The flamethrower looks intense.

Miggytronz

until the Ghost boat gets patched me and my friends (whom i play with every night) wont be getting vietnam. if your down to just play XBOX vanilla let me know. Usually its me and 2 others squadin it up every night.

Dreamgazer said:
Intensely useless and troll-ish (compare to other weapon choices)
Flamethrower is a beast in close quarters! it's like having a Saiga with 300 rounds! it's especially awesome when you hit up a whole squad of defenders and the last one kills you, then they go to disarm AND THEN DIE IN THE KILLCAM.

Dreamgazer said:
Intensely useless and troll-ish (compare to other weapon choices)
Useless? They are great for clearing out crate campers and it doesn't need to reload. Hill 137 is great too on the last set of objectives you can arm the crate then just flame out towards the hill paths. Also good for spawning on a squadmate with a flamer, who is close to the objectives.

Really though, how can ANY weapon be trollish?

1stStrike

Banned
I pretty much am only playing vanilla at the moment until the PBR is fixed. The vast majority of PS3-gaf is as well.

Also, I see they just gave up on PS3 ever getting hastings and unlocked it for everyone :lol

1stStrike

Banned
vixlar said:
What's the PBR glitch... what's a PBR?

There's been discussion of it on like the last 3 pages of this thread. You could've found the answer yourself.

And, to simplify it for you, a PBR is a boat.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
There's been discussion of it on like the last 3 pages of this thread. You could've found the answer yourself.

And, to simplify it for you, a PBR is a boat.

Someone's in a mood... did seks send you hatemail? :lol

PBR is a boat in Vietnam that people glitch through the map and can drive around under the level shooting everyone while remaining completely invulnerable.

Speaking of PBR... I don't know if you guys remember those two douches the other night who were glitching but also had "PBR_PRO" in their PSN names? I've been going back and forth with one of those guys the last few days with messages... :lol

Real piece of work, that one... as you'd probably expect.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
recklessmind said:

PBR is a boat in Vietnam that people glitch through the map and can drive around under the level shooting everyone while remaining completely invulnerable.

Speaking of PBR... I don't know if you guys remember those two douches the other night who were glitching but also had "PBR_PRO" in their PSN names? I've been going back and forth with one of those guys the last few days with messages... :lol

Real piece of work, that one... as you'd probably expect.

DAYS?!?

WTF dude, really? Just ignore him.

Evolved1

Alienshogun said:
DAYS?!?

WTF dude, really? Just ignore him.

I only check now and then... and honestly I'm instigating a bit.

It's funny. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
recklessmind said:

I'm surprised he hasn't just ignored you then, maybe he's having fun too.

I wonder if you will end up friending eachother. :lol

abuC

recklessmind said:

Keep talking to him, you two will somehow become friends and next thing you know we'll see PBR-EVOLVED1-HO on the other team.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:

Nah just tired of not reading shit that we've JUST been talking about recently in the thread.

10e0d21.gif

Kqidc.gif

So seriously, this game came out in March of last year so it seems like it should be steaming ahead but you never know. Population on 360 still strong, looking to stay that way?

Also, how much space do all the VIP packs take?

Miggytronz

Genesis Knight said:
So seriously, this game came out in March of last year so it seems like it should be steaming ahead but you never know. Population on 360 still strong, looking to stay that way?

Also, how much space do all the VIP packs take?

not much. Everything is ran off EA servers.

vixlar

Thanks for the answer.. I didn't know about that glitch, I've been away from PC on holidays, so I just went to the last page. And I already hate that boat. Because I can't destroy it with one RPG, hehehe.

1st strike, I don't care if you get mad at me... your Fumofu avatar is great, hehehe.

But don't be jealous, reckless.. you know your Avatar is the best of all ;-)

Edit:

Reckless, I just praised your avatar and you changed it (u_u)

Miggytronz

Genesis Knight said:
Awesome. A buddy bought a 360 to play this game with me but he got a 4GB one. Wanted to make sure he had room for the free DLC.

well shit when i get home i can let you know. I think installing BC2 to the HDD was 4gb, im not sure of the VIP access. Update #3 i know for sure was 1gb.

vixlar

The VIP7 is 1.6 gb... It includes the files for Vietnam.

My friend bought a Xbox just for Battlefield too. He uses an 8 gb USB

My other friend reactivated his gold just for BC2.

Sometimes we three play at my house in a LAN(?) party. It is really great.

Tried playing Vietnam rush on hardcore last night to avoid the pbr glitch. Turns out my friends would rather deal with the glitch as long as they can spot:lol After a few rounds, I started to agree.

Hardcore mode sucks more than playing with an invisible underground boat.

bean breath said:
Tried playing Vietnam rush on hardcore last night to avoid the pbr glitch. Turns out my friends would rather deal with the glitch as long as they can spot:lol After a few rounds, I started to agree.

Hardcore mode sucks more than playing with an invisible underground boat.
Hardcore must be awesome if there aren't any damage tweaks. 1 shot anywhere with the M40, Flamethrower should be a 1 shot kill in Hardcore too, unless you touch water or a health kit.

The Faceless Master said:
Hardcore must be awesome if there aren't any damage tweaks. 1 shot anywhere with the M40, Flamethrower should be a 1 shot kill in Hardcore too, unless you touch water or a health kit.
Didn't try the flamethrower, probably would have helped.

It was weird. We were about to switch to regular mode but Vantage point defense was the next game up, which is just grenade fodder at the 1st set, so we figured, 'why not, this wil be easy'. But they started lobbing grenades at us too, and very accurately. One of their grenades was taking out three of us at a time (we were all gathered on the ammo crates as usual). I don't know if that was the first time we faced a team that put up a decent fight or we just never noticed it before because of the decreased damage of grenades in regular mode, but that one level seemed more fun to me. Other than that, hardcore mode sucks.
I suck at hardcore mode.

Evolved1

I never would have thought I'd say something like this before BC2... but I miss the killcam and spotting in hardcore. :lol

I was anti both of those things so hard before BC2 released. :lol

I still think current killcam is wtf... in that it shows what happens after you die, and not how you died. But whatever. I'm used to it now.

I kinda wish console version of BC2 had a server option that mixed conquest/rush and had FF on.

That would be so fucking rad.

I love FF but I can't deal with the camping wussies in HC w/o having killcam.

Okay guys so would everyone recommend the 360 or Ps3 version? I bought the first for Ps3 because I didn't have a 360 at the time. Haven't boughten an online game for the thing since. Is this game equal on all fronts for Ps3? No graphical issues compared to 360?

Evolved1

Game2Death said:
Okay guys so would everyone recommend the 360 or Ps3 version? I bought the first for Ps3 because I didn't have a 360 at the time. Haven't boughten an online game for the thing since. Is this game equal on all fronts for Ps3? No graphical issues compared to 360?

Only significant difference is between console and PC.

I think on console it comes down to whether you pay for LIVE and how many friends you have on either system. More gaffers play on PS3 but Faceless is on 360 now and their group is growing.

Game2Death said:

I found the aiming to be easier on the dual shock. I'm having some troubles with the 360 stick's deadzone

recklessmind said:
I still think current killcam is wtf... in that it shows what happens after you die, and not how you died. But whatever. I'm used to it now.
Seeing how you died in pointless in a Battlefield game. This is a game that when you die you're better off knowing whats going on with the guy who killed you, the post0death killcam does this by... providing a hint at his location, movement path, and surrounding enemy activity... it promotes tactical counter-action and allows for surprises...

Also it promotes against camping because you can pretty much tell more or less where s sniper is camping at with that killcam, thus getting killed in continually by the same sniper is completely fair and your own fault for not chasing him down.

No Spotting in Hardcore is there to promote squad vocal teamwork/communication. You actually can see spotted enemies and vehicles on the main map if you pull it up (even in hardcore mode), and you still get spotting points even though the orange triangles don't show up visually... Telling a GAF squadmate where an enemy is located (without having spotted him) and then seeing the kill feed show that he's now dead, is very rewarding btw.

-In conclusion Battlefield has always been about teamwork, cooperation and communication among your team, and it uses modernized game features to promote that.

recklessmind said:
Only significant difference is between console and PC.

I think on console it comes down to whether you pay for LIVE and how many friends you have on either system. More gaffers play on PS3 but Faceless is on 360 now and their group is growing.
Is all of the DLC in the Ultimate Edition downloadable in both? Neither in on disc right? Are the Ps3 and 360 versions of 1943 equal as well?

Cuban Legend said:
Seeing how you died in pointless in a battlefield game, this is a game where when you die your better off knowing whats going on with the guy who killed, you a hint at his location, movement path, and surrounding enemies... it promotes tactical action and allows for surprises...

Also it promotes against camping because you can pretty much tell more or less where s sniper is camping at with that killcam.

the no spotting is also there to promote squad vocal teamwork/communication. telling a GAF squadmate where an enemy is located (without having spotted him) and then seeing the kill feed show that he's now dead, is so rewarding.

-In conclusion Battlefield has always been about teamwork, cooperation and communication among your team, and it uses modernized game features to promote that.

"There's a sniper on a... a hill."

"Guy in a house by B."
-"which house?"
"Ummm..."

"Oh shit! sniper on the left side of alpha."
-"Which left?"
"ok if you orient yourself so that the sun is at your back..."
-"ok, suns at my back, now- *dies*"

Just spot. It's easy.
(this isn't directed at you specifically, just an annoyance and sometimes funny thing that even I sometimes do, "There's a sniper with a line of sight to C!")

vixlar

We say: He is behind the Oxxo!!!!

Oxxo is a convenience store in Mexico that you can find anywhere.

Is something like saying: He is behind the starbucks!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:

What, he didn't get my horse head I sent by FedEx? Fucking shipping, man. >:|

Is this game equal on all fronts for Ps3? No graphical issues compared to 360?

Does it really fucking matter? If you want to be anal about which version of the game to buy: PC. PC always.

If you bought it on the PS3 anyway: I dunno... PLAY it? Both console versions aren't gimped (in before elitist PC douches) and neither has an advantage over the other. Seriously. ConsolewarGAF gets so fucking annoying at times.

TheSeks said:
Does it really fucking matter? If you want to be anal about which version of the game to buy: PC. PC always.

If you bought it on the PS3 anyway: I dunno... PLAY it? Both console versions aren't gimped (in before elitist PC douches) and neither has an advantage over the other. Seriously. ConsolewarGAF gets so fucking annoying at times.

I think it's a legitimate question considering the ps3's history of inferior ports.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
betweenthewheels said:
I think it's a legitimate question considering the ps3's history of inferior ports.

EA generally has okay ports. Honestly, if you're worried about "inferior ports" go to the PC.

abuC

That game on Laguna Pressa was annoying, once Crak and Dan left it just got worse. It was just rock and I, we were attacking and needless to say the randoms we had on our team were AWFUL. Rock and I had 2200pts on the second set with about 20 tickets left, the next closest....900, after that 700, then 600. I don't mind a challenge and a competitive game, but that is straight up frustrating, it felt like 2 vs 8 the whole game.

Top Bottom