• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, randoms are terrible, esp. when going against level 50 randoms that have the same clan tag.

abuC

We weren't even going against any 50s, the problem was that the highest ranked guy on our team was 26, the others were all in the 5-9 range.

Mully

TheSeks said:
Man, randoms are terrible, esp. when going against level 50 randoms that have the same clan tag.

Yeah for some reason the Chrismas Newbie Randoms are the worst. I played a 12 v 12 game on Harvest Day today. My squad consisted of two players who were actually asking me when you unlock killstreaks. The other squadmate, sat at the middle two story, staring at Final A and ended up with only 190 points for the entire game. I had to carry the team the entire game. I ended up with 84 kills and 29 deaths and had over 8000 points. My next teammate had 3000 points. I was extremely pissed at the end of the game, even though we stopped them at the Final A.

Loxley

I literally just joined six different games in a row where I came into the game on the losing team after they had been molested the entire match and were mere minutes away from losing. Either the other team had all three/four bases capped on Conquest and was simply base raping us, or the Defense team was completely cock-blocking our offense on the first set of M-COMS and people just stopped trying.

When this game is awesome, it's really awesome, when it sucks...it fucking sucks. Like, kick you in the balls, steal your girlfriend, and then mock you to your face- sucks. I don't think I've ever referred to a video game as a douchebag before, but...

TheSeks

abuC said:
We weren't even going against any 50s, the problem was that the highest ranked guy on our team was 26, the others were all in the 5-9 range.

Uh, dude. I'm talking Vietnam. I'm playing it strictly for the achievements/Gold Stars so I can go back to the singleplayer and platinum the game now.

Mully said:
>>Stuff<<

Dude, NO ONE would attack in Operation Hasting's rush. I was "SMH"-ing as I hoofed my ass over, armed it, DIE DISARM BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD GROW SOME BALLS AND HELP ME DEFEND. ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARHGARGHARGH*foams at mouth*

Edit: On the bright side:

Recon: Gold starred.
Engineer: Gold starred.

Leaves:

XM22 on Medic to Gold star.
AK-47 (leaving this last. :D <3 AKs) on Assault to Gold star.

And then I can come away from Vietnam. But that's only if the TT-33 (which I prefer to the .45 WW2 pistol that BC2 vanilla has in addition to Vietnam) doesn't count to a gold star.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No_Style said:
Good games, gents. How many wins in a row was that?

Not sure, but the last game was kind of a downer on an otherwise solid streak of fun games. Even though we won, just took forever.

Highlight of the night for me was when Crak and I had the attackers tank on Port Valdez. The tank came down the hill... I was a recon and had no countermeasures available, so was just running beside him, I don't know why... but he jumped out.

Evolved1 <combat knife> Random

Steal tank.

Profit.

When that guy jumped out he actually landed on top of me... :lol I knifed him so fast he must have been omg wtfing so hard.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
My friends and I had some good rounds with Striketh tonight. We lost every one I think, but our squad was super tight.

Daigoro

Yo!

whats the 360 GAF tag please?

edit: am i blind or is the tag actually in none of the four fucking OP's for this game?

im annoyed.

know what's awesome? when an attacker bails on the chopper on Phu Bai Valley Rush! i went to grab it, but the guy killed me lol, but eight quid repo'd it and brought it to the back of the base. we made a few runs, it was great! and you know you got a team shook when they stop using the tank after getting blown up half a dozen times with AT Mines on Hastings Rush.

Daigoro said:
Yo!

whats the 360 GAF tag please?

edit: am i blind or is the tag actually in none of the four fucking OP's for this game?

im annoyed.
blame Fersis!

GAF BFBC2

1stStrike

Banned
I played a few games with abuc after Ragnar and crew left (we were the only ones capping bases out of the whole team in conquest) and we got put in with some real dip shits. They were tough games, and not easy wins or anything, but it wasn't really fun - just annoying.

And then we go to oasis and get on the 2nd set of mcom's and some douche is circle straffing in the apache the entire match. He's going so fast you can't fucking hit him and while his team had us surrounded (I died a lot) they ended up losing on the 2nd set.

Then, it's our turn to attack. We ease past the first set and then on the 2nd set I shoot an AT4 into the helicopter as they're trying to take off with it. Then me and abuc steal it and start raping them for a while until getting shot down on the 4th set.

Btw abuc, you fly so fast I have a hard time aiming at shit :lol :lol I'm like "oh there's a-" *spins around* "fuuuu" :D

From that point on our dumb ass team takes A and then proceeds to get raped as the entire damn enemy team surrounds B. There was just no way in, nobody on our team was a medic, and the one time I got close to the mcom I got knifed. Ended up losing that one.

abuc left after that. We went to nelson bay on the attack and I decided I had one more game in me, so I went all out - mortar'd them and C4'd the shit out of them (they kept clumping up so i kept mortaring them), sniped quite a few guys, and then at the last mcom inside the building I went bat shit crazy with the shotgun and kept shooting all the medics as they tried to revive each other in front of the mcom.

And then we won and I was just like "fuck you" and left.

The Faceless Master said:
know what's awesome? when an attacker bails on the chopper on Phu Bai Valley Rush! i went to grab it, but the guy killed me lol, but eight quid repo'd it and brought it to the back of the base. we made a few runs, it was great!

That was cool, It seems easier to get kills as a gunner in the huey compared to the black hawk. Wish I could say the same for the shitty machine gun on the tank.

and you know you got a team shook when they stop using the tank after getting blown up half a dozen times with AT Mines on Hastings Rush.

Oh.
This game. This damn game, lol.

Waited a while for a spot to open up and ended up on the other team. "Ok", I thought, let's see how I stack up against Faceless. First set, and you kill me with the tank but the team is holding up pretty good up until your team arms both crates and has them both covered well. Second set and your tank sniping A (using optics?). Turns out it does a surprising amount of damage, it's at about half to a little less than half, when I realize that my battlefield pride would not allow me let an mcom be destroyed by a tank post- cratebash fix ( I could already read the gaf post that would have followed). So my squad and I try to take you out and both mcoms get destroyed by traditional means. Last set starts out well enough but it soon becomes a lost cause and now I don't even care about the mcom that's about to blow and go after your tank with c4. I destroy it, you and myself only seconds before the game ends. Moral Victory!

When my team was attacking, I wasn't expecting that we'd win but they were surprisingly good. I mainly acted as a mobile spawn point, hiding in a bush right by B on the second set and going around the long way, along the water on the last set. I wondered why no one was using any vehicles. It was a good game but fuck that tank!

using armor. someone mentioned the vietnam tanks do decent damage to crates... yeah, not really... better than vanilla, but still not close to pre-patch. at one point i swear half the team was after my tank! and that defending game started off with the tank and jeep both hitting my AT mines near A at the same time, that was a double kill/vehicle destroy/triple kill/vehicle destroy combo that was scrolling for a while! i was like that Ronco cooker infomerical that game with AT mines, set it and forget it!

just got done playing some hardcore conquest. 4 games on heavy metal in a row! more AT Mine kills, including a sweet one on a chopper that decided to land and cap C. sorry buddy, that spot's taken!

Jas

Good games last night Crack, Reckless, and No_Style. That last game on Isla felt more like an endurance test.

Miggytronz

The Faceless Master said:
know what's awesome? when an attacker bails on the chopper on Phu Bai Valley Rush! i went to grab it, but the guy killed me lol, but eight quid repo'd it and brought it to the back of the base. we made a few runs, it was great! and you know you got a team shook when they stop using the tank after getting blown up half a dozen times with AT Mines on Hastings Rush.

blame Fersis!

GAF BFBC2

i friend requested that tag awhile ago, and nothing came about to i canceled the request.

Huggers

Had a good game with Fersis earlier on Hastings, our squad was the best by a fucking mile. The trouble I have with Hastings is it makes all the other Vietnam maps seem a bit shit

abuC

1stStrike said:
I played a few games with abuc after Ragnar and crew left (we were the only ones capping bases out of the whole team in conquest) and we got put in with some real dip shits. They were tough games, and not easy wins or anything, but it wasn't really fun - just annoying.

And then we go to oasis and get on the 2nd set of mcom's and some douche is circle straffing in the apache the entire match. He's going so fast you can't fucking hit him and while his team had us surrounded (I died a lot) they ended up losing on the 2nd set.

Then, it's our turn to attack. We ease past the first set and then on the 2nd set I shoot an AT4 into the helicopter as they're trying to take off with it. Then me and abuc steal it and start raping them for a while until getting shot down on the 4th set.

Btw abuc, you fly so fast I have a hard time aiming at shit :lol :lol I'm like "oh there's a-" *spins around* "fuuuu" :D

From that point on our dumb ass team takes A and then proceeds to get raped as the entire damn enemy team surrounds B. There was just no way in, nobody on our team was a medic, and the one time I got close to the mcom I got knifed. Ended up losing that one.

abuc left after that. We went to nelson bay on the attack and I decided I had one more game in me, so I went all out - mortar'd them and C4'd the shit out of them (they kept clumping up so i kept mortaring them), sniped quite a few guys, and then at the last mcom inside the building I went bat shit crazy with the shotgun and kept shooting all the medics as they tried to revive each other in front of the mcom.

And then we won and I was just like "fuck you" and left.

I don't mind others who circle strafe cause I do it, but what was annoying is that nobody was ever on the anti-air gun and when I hit it with a tracer nobody actually fired at it. Also, that guy who was strafing was a clown, once he wasn't attacking and no longer had the helicopter he left the game, pathetic.

Sorry about that, I try to fly fast to avoid getting hit with tracers :D And when we got taken out it was two anti-air guns hitting us, I almost got one of them but someone jumped in the other at the last set. That team we were on was pretty bad in general, Im not sure what they were doing to be honest.

TheSeks

Fucking random muppets. >:|

36 kills
14 deaths
2.57 KDR

3190 score
next highest 2921

highest on enemy? 2821

Fucking randoms, I do all the work, arm it and NO ONE WILL FUCKING DEFEND THE CRATES.

At least I did work with the AK-47, son, and got the golds. Only non-gold in Vietnam I don't have is TT-33, which I plan to do later. Now to get a shower and work on my stuff I've been neglecting.

bean breath said:
That was cool, It seems easier to get kills as a gunner in the huey compared to the black hawk. Wish I could say the same for the shitty machine gun on the tank.

Oh.
This game. This damn game, lol.

Waited a while for a spot to open up and ended up on the other team. "Ok", I thought, let's see how I stack up against Faceless. First set, and you kill me with the tank but the team is holding up pretty good up until your team arms both crates and has them both covered well. Second set and your tank sniping A (using optics?). Turns out it does a surprising amount of damage, it's at about half to a little less than half, when I realize that my battlefield pride would not allow me let an mcom be destroyed by a tank post- cratebash fix ( I could already read the gaf post that would have followed). So my squad and I try to take you out and both mcoms get destroyed by traditional means. Last set starts out well enough but it soon becomes a lost cause and now I don't even care about the mcom that's about to blow and go after your tank with c4. I destroy it, you and myself only seconds before the game ends. Moral Victory!

When my team was attacking, I wasn't expecting that we'd win but they were surprisingly good. I mainly acted as a mobile spawn point, hiding in a bush right by B on the second set and going around the long way, along the water on the last set. I wondered why no one was using any vehicles. It was a good game but fuck that tank!

That match was crazy. I thought we had you guys several times, but no. You even took my dogtags from me, you son of a bitch. Of course I ragequit as soon as your team won. Fun times!

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
I should be on for a good portion of the night.

You should be on for a good portion of the day, too... help me out! :lol

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
I don't mind others who circle strafe cause I do it, but what was annoying is that nobody was ever on the anti-air gun and when I hit it with a tracer nobody actually fired at it. Also, that guy who was strafing was a clown, once he wasn't attacking and no longer had the helicopter he left the game, pathetic.

Sorry about that, I try to fly fast to avoid getting hit with tracers :D And when we got taken out it was two anti-air guns hitting us, I almost got one of them but someone jumped in the other at the last set. That team we were on was pretty bad in general, Im not sure what they were doing to be honest.

I hate when people circle strafe me because they move so fast I can't hit them with tracers or rockets. I tried to get on the AA gun multiple times but either a sniper, the helicopter or a tank would take me out. :|

And, yeah, I noticed he left. The other team really wasn't any good either - we beat them with 5 people on nelson bay (they had 8).

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
I hate when people circle strafe me because they move so fast I can't hit them with tracers or rockets. I tried to get on the AA gun multiple times but either a sniper, the helicopter or a tank would take me out. :|

And, yeah, I noticed he left. The other team really wasn't any good either - we beat them with 5 people on nelson bay (they had 8).

I love when a circle strafing team completely collapses when they have no chopper... happens on Oasis a lot. They cheese the shit out of the first two sets and then hit a wall. So rewarding to dominate a team when it comes time for CQB and they can barely muster a surge. Then all the 50's quit and you just know they only ever fly choppers. Bitter tears.

sogoodgif.

No_Style

recklessmind said:
Not sure, but the last game was kind of a downer on an otherwise solid streak of fun games. Even though we won, just took forever.

Highlight of the night for me was when Crak and I had the attackers tank on Port Valdez. The tank came down the hill... I was a recon and had no countermeasures available, so was just running beside him, I don't know why... but he jumped out.

Evolved1 <combat knife> Random

Steal tank.

Profit.

When that guy jumped out he actually landed on top of me... :lol I knifed him so fast he must have been omg wtfing so hard.

I was wondering how you guys got the tank. :lol

I guess my highlight was during the last round when were all on that hill near their spawn. I shot down that Blackhawk as it passing over us and then they all bailed out. It was like smashing a pinata and watching everyone go after the candy!

Evolved1

Another freeze... on the last ticket as I'm about to ace.

This game man...

TheSeks

TT-33 is an interesting challenge to do only for the star.

Good killing speed, with Magnum Ammo anyway. Horrible distance and sniping with it is "WTF I KILLED THAT DUDE" at times when the enemy kills you after pumping a clip into them, but it's a good side-arm. Love the Russian guns. :lol

All Vietnam-added weapons gold starred, along with Vanilla. Now to level to 49 and 50!

@Calion: Sorry man, that team sucked and I've been doing Vietnam runs for the gold stars. Now that that's over with, I'm probably going to stick with Vanilla Conquest despite it not having as many players as it did a month ago for my platinum/stars. :lol

I've got 100% in trophies on Vietnam, no reason for me to torture myself with shitty teams when most of GAF isn't playing it anymore.

Darkshier said:
That match was crazy. I thought we had you guys several times, but no. You even took my dogtags from me, you son of a bitch. Of course I ragequit as soon as your team won. Fun times!
One step closer to the achievement.

I hardly ever knife people, I still don't have the 200 knife kills insignia, I don't know why I never think to use it in the moment. When I got you it was because I had to reload.

I had a chance to knife Faceless in that game when he shot me in the back from a building and stayed inside but I didn't want to take any chances.

The one time I got his dog tags was when he was on a UAV and I had to run out of bounds and knife him with a second left. He knifed me like three times afterward :/

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The Pins and Badges in this game are so disappointingly easy to get, they felt so much better in BF2.

TheSeks

Ikuu said:
The Pins and Badges in this game are so disappointingly easy to get, they felt so much better in BF2.

What, damn near impossible?

BC1: Strike! Kill 5 enemies within 5 seconds or something like that. You have to be EXTREMELY lucky to be in a situation with that one, as is the 50 roadkills while in a boat. WHO THE HELL WILL BE IN THE WATER?

Also: LAGGGGGGG on Arica. Yes, DICE because I'm shooting five feet to the left and emptying a clip even though moments before I was on the person. Oh yeah and lag warping death. Bullshit.

Oreoleo

What the shit is wrong with this game that I can't stay in a match for more than a minute without getting disconnected with a "Lost connection to EA Online, please try again" error message every single time?

abuC

I'd like to issue a formal apology to Crak, sorry about flying us into those trees! I completely forgot that the background sloped up, ontop of picking the wrong vehicle spec.

I got my friend hooked on this game now, so you should be seeing more of "number_55" in our games.

Calion

TheSeks said:
TT-33 is an interesting challenge to do only for the star.

Good killing speed, with Magnum Ammo anyway. Horrible distance and sniping with it is "WTF I KILLED THAT DUDE" at times when the enemy kills you after pumping a clip into them, but it's a good side-arm. Love the Russian guns. :lol

All Vietnam-added weapons gold starred, along with Vanilla. Now to level to 49 and 50!

@Calion: Sorry man, that team sucked and I've been doing Vietnam runs for the gold stars. Now that that's over with, I'm probably going to stick with Vanilla Conquest despite it not having as many players as it did a month ago for my platinum/stars. :lol

I've got 100% in trophies on Vietnam, no reason for me to torture myself with shitty teams when most of GAF isn't playing it anymore.

It's perfectly understandable. Our other squad members were either pathetic or incredibly annoying. I left soon after you did.

Javaman

Is there any tangible benefit to starring weapons? Also, when does the magnum ammo unlock? I'm only level 7 or so on the PC version.

abuC

Sidenote, funniest moment of the night is Mannyramirez2006 and Strike talking about food, protein and eggs on burrito wraps.

That Manny dude is hilarious, he's constantly cursing and screaming, but actually relays good info.

TheSeks

IT WOULD BE SWELL IF I HAD A GUNNER.

*whistles and twiddles thumbs as NO ONE GETS IN* >:|

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
Manny is Ejas's friend. Don't mean to offend Dantheman, but he's like a more extreme version of you in form of cursing.

I sent him a friend request a few days ago off the strength of him cursing up a storm in a Nam game. I killed him about 10 times in one game, and the next one he was on our team, he cursed me out and complimented me at the same time :lol

Massa

Javaman said:
Is there any tangible benefit to starring weapons? Also, when does the magnum ammo unlock? I'm only level 7 or so on the PC version.

You get points that raise your overall level when get a Gold Star, that's pretty much it.

I think you unlock Magnum ammo on rank 15.

TheSeks

And... level 49 among this tremendous loss of life as I get lag killed. Fun!

WHEE, NOT HAVING A SQUAD IS SO FUN!

*mumble grumble hoof from spawn die spawn at base hoof it, die*

Yep, fuck that, I'm tired of five+ games with no squad. Going to Conquest.

And XM8 Prototype/Assault Rifle Platinumed. Time for a new assault gun.

Calion

TheSeks said:
And... level 49 among this tremendous loss of life as I get lag killed. Fun!

WHEE, NOT HAVING A SQUAD IS SO FUN!

*mumble grumble hoof from spawn die spawn at base hoof it, die*

Yep, fuck that, I'm tired of five+ games with no squad. Going to Conquest.

Sorry for jumping to Dream's squad. ._.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Sorry for jumping to Dream's squad. ._.

It's not you. It's been like that since the White Pass game where we speed capped the crates in the first base, causing the server to ragequit/kick all of us out and thereby killing My squad that had Dan, some randoms, and myself on it (IIRC). That's after the Oasis game where I took the first base all by myself arming them and then taking out the attackers as the rest of them harrassed/took out the anti-air for Abu.

After White Pass crashed, it was nothing but NO SQUAD, LOOKING FOR SQUAD's for the whole time and if I did find a squad, it was randoms that would randomly leave. :|

I don't mind playing without a squad at times, as if I'm sniping, I kinda prefer it (no need to throw mines, just focus on the targets) but for the most part I HATE having to hoof it and be careful and then when I do get behind the other team, NO ONE IS THERE TO SPAWN AND DO DAMAGE BECAUSE THERE IS NO SQUAD LOLZ. >:|

And after that White Pass game, it's been nothing but lag shots (WTF MY SHOTS SHOULD HIT I'M FIRING AT HIM) lag deaths (run past something, get shot twice, WARP BACK AND THEN DIE PROMPTLY), and negative KDR for the rest of the time. So annoying. I know I'm better than that shit. :|

TheSeks said:
What, damn near impossible?

BC1: Strike! Kill 5 enemies within 5 seconds or something like that. You have to be EXTREMELY lucky to be in a situation with that one, as is the 50 roadkills while in a boat. WHO THE HELL WILL BE IN THE WATER?

Also: LAGGGGGGG on Arica. Yes, DICE because I'm shooting five feet to the left and emptying a clip even though moments before I was on the person. Oh yeah and lag warping death. Bullshit.
yeah i lucksacked strike on both consoles. i got it with a mortar strike on the 3rd set on Harvest Day on one console there were like 3 dudes in front of the A building, i dropped the mortar, people squad spawned.... *BAM* STRIKE and one day on Deconstruction, at the start of the game on defense, like i always do, i run out, drop AT Mines on the road then shoot an RPG at one of the huge the fuel drums... *BAM* STRIKE out of nowhere.

the 50 boat roadkills basically has to be farmed, it's ridiculous.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I need to learn to quit when everyone on my list stops playing Battlefield for the night. Playing with randoms is a bunch of shit.:lol

Top Bottom