• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

1stStrike said:
I had some good (and bad) games after I left. A couple of highlights tonight was when I was on arica harbor and abuc was in the tank. I threw C4 on it, he hopped out and then I hopped in and drove off with it :lol

And 2 minutes later a UAV fired a guided missile at it, or so I heard :D

Funny moment for me was on that Arica game defending where I was on the right side of the map (Facing the attackers), I got a ton of kills and kept destroying the tanks that were coming up the road. Then people got so annoyed with me that 3 tanks, a UAV and a bunch of people on foot came with the intention of killing me :lol

Also another one was when Memorycure was in the middle of throwing out a motion mine when I met him with my USAS12. He tried to back up but he was still in the throwing animation, it was like a robbery where someone walked down the wrong alley and was met with this:

8347792-an-angry-looking-man-wearing-a-ski-mask-pointing-a-black-handgun-at-the-viewer-works-great-for-crime.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
I can't seem to go a day without at least some lag spikes. It gets a bit annoying.

Also, getting the C4 platinum yesterday was awesome. Now that's an achievement :D

I love it when you also get a tank. Sometimes we tag team the enemy without any communication. 1 second an enemy tank is at 100% health and within 2-3 seconds it's blown up :lol

bean breath said:
Faceless keeps scaring the competition away. Can't get a decent game in.
:lol :lol :lol

Blizzard said:
On PC I've probably done it 2-3 times, though thankfully as a passenger. I will spend all that time waiting for the helicopter, get in with a squadmate or whatever, get partway to the target, and then hit E while thinking of zoom or spotting, bam, parachuting down to death. :lol

It looks like I have all the sniper unlocks now except maybe other guns. I just got the M-95, and either I instantly became terrible as a sniper, or that gun is actually pretty terrible. Using the GOL I got what was probably my first positive K/D ratio and was at the top of the scoreboard a few maps earlier. Maybe the lack of accuracy is what hurts so much with the M-95, in addition to it being so slow. It's not like you need extra power since the GOL magnum kills with headshots anyway, and the M-95 bodyshots don't seem to kill.
yeah, there used to be a good reason to use the M95 and then DICE nerfed the bolt action rifles damage scaling down to 59 to make them not 1HK at all ranges in HC. there's no point in using anything but the SV98. 10 shots, fastest reload.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
abuC said:
And 2 minutes later a UAV fired a guided missile at it, or so I heard :D

And that guided missile was me. No one shot the UAV down except once, which meant I had to hoof it from the starting spawn to the first base taken on Harvest Day where I just lazily spotted and hit about 6-7 people without dying.

there's no point in using anything but the SV98.

GOL Sniper Magnum says "Sup" and "I have the best scope in the game."

Also another one was when Memorycure was in the middle of throwing out a motion mine when I met him with my USAS12. He tried to back up but he was still in the throwing animation, it was like a robbery where someone walked down the wrong alley and was met with this:

Meh, that's nothing. He backed up behind a rock after people were firing on him from the left (spawning attackers left) route of Port Valadez. I hauled ass through out of bounds on wookie mountain, knifed his ass from above and got back into bounds with 2-1 seconds left on the out of bounds clock. Then he got the last sniper kill of the round as we won on me. Payback for the knife, I guess. :lol

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
GOL has the worst scope in the game.

No. It's the best scope in the game. Nothing but a cross-hair. You don't need extra bullshit. Place cross-hair on person's head. Fire. ??? HEADSHOT.

Or if calculating drop, lift cross-hair a tiny bit above the head. Fire. ??? HEADSHOT.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
snack said:
What sniper rifle do you guys use? I like my handy M95.

M24 or bust... I honestly hate all the others.

abuC said:
Funny moment for me was on that Arica game defending where I was on the right side of the map (Facing the attackers), I got a ton of kills and kept destroying the tanks that were coming up the road. Then people got so annoyed with me that 3 tanks, a UAV and a bunch of people on foot came with the intention of killing me :lol

I was with you the other day and we did this... just spotting, gunning, and laugh my ass off. :lol

They never caught on! And when they eventually tried to move in, at the end of the match, we smoked them in short order.

Was a really fun round.

I consider myself a pretty good tank pilot, but I have to give it up for you and Crak... both you guys are very good. Get two out of the three of us in tanks on Arica or Harvest day and the other team might as well pack it in.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
I love it when you also get a tank. Sometimes we tag team the enemy without any communication. 1 second an enemy tank is at 100% health and within 2-3 seconds it's blown up :lol

I was going to post about that too, Harvest day is rough for the opposing team, sometimes I hit them twice, then out of nowhere a shell comes flying across the screen and BOOM the tank is gone. All I can think of is must have been Crakatak, it's not even fair sometimes, 3 on 2 and techincally they're the ones outnumbered.

DILLON_predator.gif

recklessmind said:
They never caught on! And when they eventually tried to move in, at the end of the match, we smoked them in short order.

Was a really fun round.

I consider myself a pretty good tank pilot, but I have to give it up for you and Crak... both you guys are very good. Get two out of the three of us in tanks on Arica or Harvest day and the other team might as well pack it in.

Ha, thanks, that's my hunting ground over there. It seems like most people are so used to just attacking straight ahead without resistance from the side that they overlook it. And when they do figure it out, it's hard to get a read on where I am cause of all the downed vehicles and destroyed tank hulls. The only thing I worry about on the side is the UAV.

Blizzard

Banned
snack said:
What sniper rifle do you guys use? I like my handy M95.
As I was just complaining, I was doing TERRIBLE at hitting anyone with the M95. I like the GOL even though it's slow, mainly because I like the 100% accuracy especially when combined with the 12x scope. I alternate with extra grenades or whatnot as an alternative to the scope sometimes. If I had to pick a non-bolt action rifle, maybe the second rifle you unlock would be okay with the red dot scope or something.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
GOL Colonel Sniper Magnum
M40

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

VSS pisses in your Cheerios at close range... and then laughs about it.

RiverBed

Banned
WTF just happened? I went online and all my achievements hae been re-locked as if I just popped the game for the first time! The only thing proving I've been playing are the stupid dog tags and leaderboard score. I lost every unlock and weapon now.

Anybody else has this problem-
and more importantly what can I do about it?!

Evolved1

RiverBed said:
WTF just happened? I went online and all my achievements hae been re-locked as if I just popped the game for the first time! The only thing proving I've been playing are the stupid dog tags and leaderboard score. I lost every unlock and weapon now.

Anybody else has this problem-
and more importantly what can I do about it?!

Happens often... they will be back in a few hours, or less. Log in and out a few times if you're in a major rush. Sometimes that works, but it sure is frustrating.

you know it's weekend battlefield when both teams suck so bad that i use a smoke launcher and arm/defend all the crates on isla except the collapsible one. how the fuck do EIGHT PEOPLE DIE when trying to disarm 2nd B? tons of smoke, 4 grenades, a full mag of an M16 and a full mag of a M1911 that's how. i wish i had that shit recorded!

randoms, ugh...

TheSeks

LOOOOOL. Someone kills the sniper at "Faceless Island" (he knows the island) on Innocentes. Steal the Jetski. A patrol boat chases after me, I go into out of bounds, bail. He starts firing on me, nearly killing me... and suicides/out-of-bound deaths. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

RiverBed

Banned
recklessmind said:
Happens often... they will be back in a few hours, or less. Log in and out a few times if you're in a major rush. Sometimes that works, but it sure is frustrating.

My stats have be gone for days now. But I was especially freaked out today because all my unlockes have gone. Before, the game used to 'say' I was a new player, but I could still access all my accessories. But now, I can't do that.
I'll be back online once this is corrected. If it won't, I won't play the game again.
It's things like that that brake me off a good game...

TheSeks

"[no1]BARTLEYBULLET" "[no1]dylathekilla" are shit sucks. I just fucking owned them int he face fifteen times while they were up on the lighthouse and proceeded town them and their team after I savagely C4'ed the way up to second set on Ilsa Lighthouse.

You guys suck when you can't cheese, now don't you?

Edit: BWAHAHAHAHAHA, they left that round.

GOL for bolt (only bolt that doesn't sway on PC + great scope)
M95 for pissing off helis + sniping
T88 for on the move

M24 substitute for GOL if bored

Lince

Banned
why do my rank and my unlocks keep resetting ? all of a sudden I have my unlock back then after some minutes all is gone again and my skill index is randomly altered too or I get disconnected for no reason ¿¿¿¿???? I just bought the Vietnam DLC and can't play it properly with this shit going on, what gives???

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Well, that was enough of a reason to take a break. Good games everyone.

Dude, you totally missed the next round (IIRC you left White Pass Attack) where on White Pass Defense, I quickly spawn with C4. C4 the ladder/alt-entrance I took on attack. C4'ed the trees, they didn't even bother to start to attack and if they did I savagely hit them with the G3 and C4'ed their hiding spot.

Took the trees out near their machine gun AND their spawn (well, except too deep into bounds. I don't suicide for that) while the rest of the team did work. And then they took A. I'm like "FUCKING SHIT I AIN'T LETTING THEM PASS." We cleared out A (only had two attackers, thankfully) and Rock and I and a few others surrounded B and they didn't get it (after arming it and I disarmed it during the commotion to A)

It was hilarious. And you missed my shitty attack chopper flying (still can't fly the Hin-D worth a damn) which had them busy trying to take me out as the randoms took A/B while rockscar tried to chopper gunner through my shitty circles. :lol :lol :lol

recklessmind said:
VSS pisses in your Cheerios at close range... and then laughs about it.

VSS may piss in my Cheerios... if it had the ammo. That's right, I went there. VSS is a purger.

TheSeks

Bolt Actions' got nerfed? I haven't noticed. Honestly, GOL headshots are one shot kills anyway. If I miss, generally the person is too much of an idiot to leave their spot to where another GOL shot downs them.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Dude, you totally missed the next round (IIRC you left White Pass Attack) where on White Pass Defense, I quickly spawn with C4. C4 the ladder/alt-entrance I took on attack. C4'ed the trees, they didn't even bother to start to attack and if they did I savagely hit them with the G3 and C4'ed their hiding spot.

Took the trees out near their machine gun AND their spawn (well, except too deep into bounds. I don't suicide for that) while the rest of the team did work. And then they took A. I'm like "FUCKING SHIT I AIN'T LETTING THEM PASS." We cleared out A (only had two attackers, thankfully) and Rock and I and a few others surrounded B and they didn't get it (after arming it and I disarmed it during the commotion to A)

It was hilarious. And you missed my shitty attack chopper flying (still can't fly the Hin-D worth a damn) which had them busy trying to take me out as the randoms took A/B while rockscar tried to chopper gunner through my shitty circles. :lol :lol :lol

:lol Sorry to miss it. You're correct though. My PS3 froze (or White Pass did) as soon as the last M-COM went off, so I figured that was a good time to take a break. All those games where we steamrolled were incredible. My Battlefield moment of the day came on Arica defense. First set of course. I did my normal routine of laying AT mines near the front of our base at the very start of the round. I only laid one mine near the stationary AT with the toll booth, but made sure it was in a concave gap to disguise it. Well about 3 minutes later, two tanks were charging towards that specific spot running parallel to each other. (Not perfectly parallel, but close enough) One tank gets almost right next to the AT without setting it off and stops. The tank right next to that one doesn't stop, and continues on....

VEHICLE DAMAGE +30
DESTYROY VEHICLE +100
KILLING AN ENEMY <AT MINE> +50
VEHICLE DAMAGE +30
DESTYROY VEHICLE +100
TRIPLE KILL
:D :D

tl;dr Two tanks, one AT mine. :lol

I should be on later tonight as well.

TheSeks said:
Bolt Actions' got nerfed? I haven't noticed. Honestly, GOL headshots are one shot kills anyway. If I miss, generally the person is too much of an idiot to leave their spot to where another GOL shot downs them.
yeah, they got nerfed in the old balance patch way back in the spring. the M95 got a teeny tiny slight buff in the fall.

TheSeks

Yes, let's just hover over B and not actually FLY to where we're tank sniped and they take B. Nice, Evolved. REALLLLLLLL NICE. >:| ...

And that double kill is when they were able to roll us. Had you flew around I could've at least fired (after getting my charger) onto the anti-air/VADS before they got into it and at least attempted to dent the tanks for the team to attack. *sigh*

And not my choice to play Hardcore. Joining friends games. You guys really shouldn't join on me as generally I'm in a gametype that I may/may not want to play with GAF. :lol

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Yes, let's just hover over B and not actually FLY to where we're tank sniped and they take B. Nice, Evolved. REALLLLLLLL NICE. >:| ...

And that double kill is when they were able to roll us. Had you flew around I could've at least fired (after getting my charger) onto the anti-air/VADS before they got into it and at least attempted to dent the tanks for the team to attack. *sigh*

That was my only mistake of the game... and you fail to mention we took the flag right before that while I hovered. If it wasn't for me you could've gotten rolled a lot earlier since the game seemed to be going so well for you before I joined.

And stop switching fucking seats in the chopper. It's my responsibility to give you a shot, if you keep switching like a noob it makes my job impossible.

And bailing inexplicably all the time.... If you don't want to be my gunner don't get in.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
And stop switching fucking seats in the chopper. It's my responsibility to give you a shot, if you keep switching like a noob it makes my job impossible.

Quit turning when I'm firing on something, then. Jesus Christ, I keep spotting people, starting to fire on them and then you shift left or right and it throws my forward lock or backward lock gunning off.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Quit turning when I'm firing on something, then. Jesus Christ, I keep spotting people, starting to fire on them and then you shift left or right and it throws my forward lock or backward lock gunning off.

It's Heavy Metal and there are 3 other choppers in the air... like the one that was right next to us? I position the chopper perpendicular to my gunner's 12 o'clock, to give him the greatest degree of freedom while aiming, and my adjustments are always as gradual as possible... unless there is a threat that requires more urgency. In that particular instance I was turning in an exaggerated way #1 to make you notice the enemy chopper right beside us #2 because you kept switching guns, fucking us! Luckily, the idiot enemy pilot crashed into the fucking windwill... at which point I brought us back around for you to clean up the three infantry on the ground (which you did, nice shooting).

In a situation where there's a chopper vs infantry, prioritize the chopper. Maybe you didn't see it. Just like I didn't see the other tank that killed us while I was hovering B.

You are a good player and teammate. I have no bad blood at all here... that team we were playing with was worthless. That was the problem. And that's why we lost. Not because of you or I. Afterall... I was #1 on the scoreboard that round. Wasn't my fault we lost bro.

TheSeks

And I'm not saying it was. But if we kept that chopper up, I could've at least put a dent on the tanks. I'm sitting there like "Why are we not--*tank sniped*" :lol Dude, that annoyed the hell out of me. I'm like "Well, GEE THANKS."

Edit: And you joined the game on the other/shitty team, BTW. I joined on the team that was rolling. Don't even be saying that was my team. I joined up to help you out and they were practically worthless.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Edit: And you joined the game on the other/shitty team, BTW. I joined on the team that was rolling. Don't even be saying that was my team. I joined up to help you out and they were practically worthless.

You are 100% correct about this... I apologize. I joined your game and then you joined my side. There was a lot of switching games that happened in a short span of time. My bad on that.

JMizzlin

Been wanting to pick this game up again for a while now, however am a bit worried about the 360 community.

Do many people still play on 360? Would it be worth purchasing a brand new copy?

TheSeks

Eye Drop said:
Been wanting to pick this game up again for a while now, however am a bit worried about the 360 community.

Do many people still play on 360? Would it be worth purchasing a brand new copy?

>He thinks Bad Company 2 is dying!
>laughinggirls.jpg

Yes. Buy the Ultimate Edition. You get 1943 + Onslaught. $20 in value. Worth it.

Rorschach

Eye Drop said:

They play rush mode, but I've yet to see a conquest map with more than 7 players total. Also, it seems everyone goes to bed after 8pm Pacific. :lol

TheSeks

Rorschach said:
They play rush mode, but I've yet to see a conquest map with more than 7 players total. Also, it seems everyone goes to bed after 8pm Pacific. :lol

Conquest must be dead on 360. It's jumping on hardcore and softcore in PS3. Vietnam or non.

Or they're busy with shitty ops.

Edit: And that round sucked. Not sure how they broke through our two cap holds, but we started to bleed tickets trying to take C and B back. Ugh.

bean breath said:
Faceless keeps scaring the competition away. Can't get a decent game in.
I joined a game last night, that faceless' team had crushed the attackers so hard they never even go to the first set of M-COMs. Once they all quit, is there any way to win? Everyone was running around racking up re-supply points, but it seemed interminable and I dropped out, too.

I don't typically play Rush. I've never seen a chopper in Oasis, is that a Rush-only item?

Wow, so annoying. I kept getting dominated by Team GAF because it wouldn't let me ever switch to your team! >.<

:lol

It's no fun getting dominated. :(

EDIT: Finally on your team! Haha

Epic fail: 11 tickets lefts, my team continues to run in circles, I hop in the chopper and decide to take matters into own hands. Rambo style. I beeline it to Crate A as I (attempt) to dodge enemy fire, I swoop in -- and bail from the chopper right over 'A', any sorry losers hanging around that area were in for a big surprise. I continue to hit circle failing (hah) to realize X is parachute deployment. *Splat*

But yeah, I trying to join the rest of the GAF gang myself but couldn't so I gave up.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Epic fail: 11 tickets lefts, my team continues to run in circles, I hop in the chopper and decide to take matters into own hands. Rambo style. I beeline it to Crate A as I (attempt) to dodge enemy fire, I swoop in -- and bail from the chopper right over 'A', any sorry losers hanging around that area were in for a big surprise. I continue to hit circle failing (hah) to realize X is parachute deployment. *Splat*

But yeah, I trying to join the rest of the GAF gang myself but couldn't so I gave up.

That sorry loser would have been me.:lol
The big surprise being that I wasn't given the opportunity to knife you right when you land.

your dead body pretty much landed right in front of me around the corner.

1stStrike

Banned
Tonight was a good night for us. I got some kills on MemoryCure and RebornYeti which made me feel better too :p Although fucking yeti got 2 AT4 kills on me in a row on harvest day (died, respawned on teammate, AT4 to the face). Bastard :lol

The more I use the 870 combat the more of a love/hate relationship I have with it. One moment I'm tearing people up, and the next I'm in a close range dance-off and getting my ass kicked because I just can't get a bead on the guy and all I have are single shots. Sometimes I can just twitch kill people with it and other times I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.

1stStrike said:
Tonight was a good night for us. I got some kills on MemoryCure and RebornYeti which made me feel better too :p Although fucking yeti got 2 AT4 kills on me in a row on harvest day (died, respawned on teammate, AT4 to the face). Bastard :lol

The more I use the 870 combat the more of a love/hate relationship I have with it. One moment I'm tearing people up, and the next I'm in a close range dance-off and getting my ass kicked because I just can't get a bead on the guy and all I have are single shots. Sometimes I can just twitch kill people with it and other times I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.

Haha I fell in love with the AT4 after that match. I had like 8 kills with it, plus I had about 3 Road Kills with the ATV. :lol

Funnest match I have played so far, besides the fact I was on the opposite team.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah, you almost ran me over at the first set of mcom's. I was just like "fucking yeti" :lol

Also, I wonder how many ace pins abuc has. I almost never see that guy anywhere but in first place :lol

abuC

I found a nice little spot on Oasis when defending, you can hit the chopper with a tracer before it takes off. It's the hill on the right where the snipers usually go, you can see the chopper and have a perfect line to it.

Top Bottom