• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

1stStrike

Banned
Valparisio was embarrasing. Nobdoy was pushing until the end.

@Evolved1 - Damn you for not being in my squad. I was on the left gun in your helicopter and you were just hovering there while I was about 3 inches away from being able to shoot at the guy that shot a rocket at the heli.

I was just like "FUCKING MOVE TO THE RIGHT ARRRGG" *watches rocket fly and hit helicopter*

1stStrike said:
I think most of those dog tags on PS3 are from me. I've been getting knifed a lot lately =\

Meh don't worry about it.
Tonight is a fine example of "OMG OMG DOG TAG DOG TAG" behaviors leading to a bunch of losers.

abuC

1stStrike said:

It also didn't help that some of my friends joined the other team and helped an otherwise incompetent but resilient group of suckas win.

And nice to see JM playing, he's the best AT4 user I've seen on Ps3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:

@Evolved1 - Damn you for not being in my squad. I was on the left gun in your helicopter and you were just hovering there while I was about 3 inches away from being able to shoot at the guy that shot a rocket at the heli.

I was just like "FUCKING MOVE TO THE RIGHT ARRRGG" *watches rocket fly and hit helicopter*

Sorry. If it's any consolation, I called that guy out... at that moment I favored the side of the gunner that was in my squad but I guess he didn't see who I was talking about.

Another time I basically flew into heavy turret fire that I knew was going to be there... should've just waited another 30 second or so and he would've been gone. :/

my bad.

abuC said:
It also didn't help that some of my friends joined the other team and helped an otherwise incompetent but resilient group of suckas win.

I hate the stretch of map they stopped us on... it's too dark, I can't see shit... I always get a major headache right after playing it.

abuC

recklessmind said:
I hate the stretch of map they stopped us on... it's too dark, I can't see shit... I always get a major headache right after playing it.

Same here, that bottle neck is flat out idiotic, if a team is even decent and you don't have the chopper it's nearly impossible to win.

For the most part we completely dominated them though, they stuck around though which was cool.

steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll

i liked the part when the other team did the PBR glitch on Hill 137, so one of our teammates switched sides, brought the other boat to us and we did the PBR glitch and went under the map to kill their glitched PBR.

I had a feeling we were going to lose on Val 4th Checkpoint. A lot of the team was paranoid from getting knifed by those 2. Those guys were annoying, but thanks to their behavior we won most of the games because they love to spawn camp knife. For 2 games straight I accurately predicted the knifers behavior.

1. Spawn camp hiding.
2. Like to opposite sneak to enemy base by going the least obvious route (my routine if I wanted to steal vehicles).
3. Armor and automatic shotgun. Because all you have to do is spam the trigger rapidly. It's so ridiculously strong.

Glad you played today JM. Miss playing with my BFBC2 buddy. Come by and visit us sometimes hahaha

I whipped my family's ass in monopoly. Towards the middle of the game I was dying with 2 monopoly and my brother and his girlfriend both had 2 monopoly all with hotels. I paid all my money from 0 hotels to 3 and luck rolled my way to victory. At the end it felt like all 3 of us were playing Russian Roulette with dices that's how close it was. My sister got wiped out early. She's the one you always hear in the background when I play BFBC2.

The Faceless Master said:
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll

i liked the part when the other team did the PBR glitch on Hill 137, so one of our teammates switched sides, brought the other boat to us and we did the PBR glitch and went under the map to kill their glitched PBR.
Probably the most Gaffers I've seen at once on 360.

Medics on the opposing team at Vantage Point turned what should have been a quick victory into a long, drawn-out, slow bleed. Other than that pretty damn easy.

bean breath said:
Probably the most Gaffers I've seen at once on 360.

Medics on the opposing team at Vantage Point turned what should have been a quick victory into a long, drawn-out, slow bleed. Other than that pretty damn easy.
yeah, that one enemy medic had like 6000 points and i don't think he had a single kill. they endured so much grenade spam!

Nameless

About time 360 GAF gets off their ass. I've seen no one, ever, with a GAF clan tag on the magic box and I'm on that bitch more than I should be.

I'm down to kill some randoms if you guys are still playing.

abuC said:
Took a screenshot of Xbox 360 players at work:

Scouts%20Camping.jpg

Those sniper kids must think they are cool like this

sniper5.jpg

Reality

1zdrcxt.jpg

Snipers are really blown over the top in "teh coolness" factor like Ninjas or some shit.

Rorschach

I hate always being the only guy attempting to meet the objective. And, somehow, I still manage to get them until the last stand which is fucking impossible alone. Then, the other team just steamrolls right through because no one wants to use vehicles or play defense. So, they have all their vehicles plus ours and I'm the only one trying to stop them... yeah, no fucking chance.

Now, I have a shitty k/d ratio (1.13) and my "skill level" dropped from 600 to 140 (whatever that means!). All from running in gun ho and alone. :( Foreveralone.jpg

At that point might as well leave and find a game with people that actually does the objective. Don't torture yourself by staying and being the only guy doing something that matters. It's near impossible for 1 guy to dwarf an entire team.

I do server roulette everytime I'm starting a server alone (other gaffers not playing atm). If I join and see an M-com armed and nobody on the team is going in to stop it, I'm gone right afterwards. If I see a team that camp when attacking is to much of a pussy to actually go in their base and attempt to arm, I'll leave.

Rorschach

Crakatak187 said:
At that point might as well leave and find a game with people that actually does the objective. Don't torture yourself by staying and being the only guy doing something that matters. It's near impossible for 1 guy to dwarf an entire team.

I do server roulette everytime I'm starting a server alone (other gaffers not playing atm). If I join and see an M-com armed and nobody on the team is going in to stop it, I'm gone right afterwards. If I see a team that camp when attacking is to much of a pussy to actually go in their base and attempt to arm, I'll leave.
It's difficult to do this on the consoles. On the PC, you just go to a regular server that has rules in place and a nice group of regulars.

On the consoles, you're shit out of luck. Hard enough finding a game at night. It would also be nice to have the option to not play against clans like in COD. Though, I guess that would make finding a game that much harder. heh

Got the game free, so I can't complain. Just wish I knew that the 360 had a worse community than PS3 beforehand. I had the choice between the two.

btw consolites- why does no one even attempt to cover someone else's back? :p I'll have 3 guys behind me and be like "well, I guess there can't be a guy behind me, so I'll just watch the front" then *bam!* shot in the back while 3 guys just watch. No attempt to kill him before I die, no shoutout, nothing. Does anyone use the mic? And getting guys to toss you a med kit or ammo is fucking impossible. Hey, you're one of two guys on the team that's not a sniper. Congrats, you've gotten this far! Now do your job. :(

When I first go the game, I was thinking about getting Vietnam because that's where the people would be, but this has left too sour of a taste in my mouth to spend my own money on it. :p

Rorschach said:
It's difficult to do this on the consoles. On the PC, you just go to a regular server that has rules in place and a nice group of regulars.

On the consoles, you're shit out of luck. Hard enough finding a game at night. It would also be nice to have the option to not play against clans like in COD. Though, I guess that would make finding a game that much harder. heh

Got the game free, so I can't complain. Just wish I knew that the 360 had a worse community than PS3 beforehand. I had the choice between the two.

btw consolites- why does no one even attempt to cover someone else's back? :p I'll have 3 guys behind me and be like "well, I guess there can't be a guy behind me, so I'll just watch the front" then *bam!* shot in the back while 3 guys just watch. No attempt to kill him before I die, no shoutout, nothing. Does anyone use the mic? And getting guys to toss you a med kit or ammo is fucking impossible. Hey, you're one of two guys on the team that's not a sniper. Congrats, you've gotten this far! Now do your job. :(

When I first go the game, I was thinking about getting Vietnam because that's where the people would be, but this has left too sour of a taste in my mouth to spend my own money on it. :p

Do you have Vietnam? It's what most of us are currently playing.

steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
steamroll
server cleared
steamroll
steamroll

Yeah, glitched boats vs. each other had me laughing pretty hard. Also, one time attacking on Hill 137 some guy on the other team kept destroying us with AT mines. Throwing them on our head and them blowing them up. I thought that was pretty clever.

Good matches though and I love bathing in medic points, it's awesome.

Coldsnap

Darkshier said:
Yeah, glitched boats vs. each other had me laughing pretty hard. Also, one time attacking on Hill 137 some guy on the other team kept destroying us with AT mines. Throwing them on our head and them blowing them up. I thought that was pretty clever.

haha that guy got me a few times

Darkshier said:

Good matches though and I love bathing in medic points, it's awesome.
hahahahaha oh yeah i remember hearing some of you guys talking about that! i had no idea he was skeet shooting AT Mines though, that sounds hilarious! i've done it a few times in the p0ast, but i found it to be unreliable, the mine didn't always blow up.

Rorschach said:

1) add GAF BFBC2 to your friends list.
2) view it's friends list.
3) play with us.
4) add some regulars to your friends list.
5) play with us even more.

Erasus

Was playing in a Heavy Metal match where each team had 1000 tickets. Took a loooong time, and was not too fun but I still didnt want to quit.

Rorschach said:

I know right?

I have a list of stereotypes for randoms that is true most of the time.

1. Randoms are pussies.
2. Randoms are blind.
3. If you don't move most randoms will not notice you. This one is hilarious to me.
4. Obvious, randoms love sniping and rambo medicing.
5. One random will always walk even as far as 2 bases back to knife you on the UAV station.
6. Rarely does a random medic throw you a medic pack to heal you.
7. Randoms can't snipe for shit.
8. Randoms don't watch anybodies backs. Even if you are surrounded by random teammates an enemy will just walk past them and knife you since randoms are blind.
9. Randoms love giving away tanks and vehicles.
10. If you are winning on defense with near 20 tickets they might get cocky and desert the base to spawn camp and causing you to lose that base.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
11. If you get close to a random with a repair tool they will drive their vehicle away.
12. Randoms do not know you can repair the UAV.
13. Randoms do not know what motion mines are.

bean breath said:
Sorry 360 gaf, my connection keeps messing up.
ooh, i should jump in! i was playing earlier, but i had to eat, and having the GAF squad attacking the entire other team while the smurfs played with themselves just accelerated my hunger.

Rorschach

Got my W/L ratio up to 1:1. \o/ I can handle defense by myself, but offense is impossible. lol

p30.png

recklessmind said:
12. Randoms do not know you can repair the UAV.
Haha. The other day I landed a smoking UAV next to an engineer that was repairing a stationary machine gun for some reason. What does he do? Gets in the machine gun and blows it up.

Crakatak187 said:
10. If you are winning on defense with near 20 tickets they might get cocky and desert the base to spawn camp and causing you to lose that base.
This kills me. They all WALK to the middle of the field and here come a couple of full enemy vehicles zipping through to the base. Not that they're gonna run back, but even if they did, they'd be too late.

1) add GAF BFBC2 to your friends list.
2) view it's friends list.
3) play with us.
4) add some regulars to your friends list.
5) play with us even more.
I'm on that BFBC2 list. Haven't seen anyone. Mostly Netflix and Halo players. Guess I play at weird times.

bean breath said:
Do you have Vietnam? It's what most of us are currently playing.
Ah. Figured. But like I said in my last sentence, it's hard to spend on a game so dependent on team play that has me so frustrated with the community at large. :p

scoot3r

Hey gaf just got this the other day and love it! Better than black ops imo, however i noticed that it didnt seem like a lot of people were online last week when i was playing(360 here) i usually play TDM on black ops, so i tried squad deathmatch or whatever. Is it just an unpopular game mode?

Nvidia's new beta drivers seem to have given a pretty big boost in performance. White Pass was one of a few levels that seemed to have dips when all the buildings were destroyed, craters everywhere, explosions, bloomy snow, etc. But with these drivers it ran extremely smooth! Definitely check them out.

Hope they don't break New Vegas!

lv50 clans quitting on us :(

how does a 12 on 12 turn into 12 on 5?

c'mon son!

Crakatak187 said:
Rorschach you should play with Faceless and the 360 gaf. Faceless is one of the best players on console gaf.
yeah, we're like 8 deep right now, plus non GAF friends of mine.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
14. Random rambos will revive at any cost no matter how impractical it is.
15. Randoms love attics.

16. Random's aren't sure what that "mcom" thing is and really wish that stupid siren noise would stop going off at all of their bases.

17. Randoms are guaranteed to hop in your tank while you're repairing it, drive off and get blown up.

18. Randoms will spend an entire game sniping, get 8 kills, lose at the first set of mcom's, but feel like a bad ass because they managed to shoot 8 people from 200 yards out.

scoot3r said:
Hey gaf just got this the other day and love it! Better than black ops imo, however i noticed that it didnt seem like a lot of people were online last week when i was playing(360 here) i usually play TDM on black ops, so i tried squad deathmatch or whatever. Is it just an unpopular game mode?
no, matchmaking has been screwy all week. SDM usually has 3-4 full squads.

abuC

I was having trouble connecting tonight, and it seems like nobody is playing, didn't play on a full server all night. Oh well, got up to the 40,000 kill mark.

Blizzard

Banned
I had only one kick or so in the first week or two playing the game. I played for probably 4-5 hours yesterday, maybe one kick. Today, every 20 minutes almost on the dot, I get punkbuster kicked for losing key packets. I verified that the game is updated, and the Windows firewall has exceptions for BFBC2, pnkbstra, and pnkbstrb. Is there any clue in the 20 minute period, or anything I could try?

*edit* I'm getting "Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe heartbeats stopped" errors, apparently. I haven't found a solution yet. It still happens each 20 minutes today.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just started playing this on PC thanks to Steam Holiday sale. One utterly stupid n00b question.

How do I change my clan tag after setting it the first time?

Forgive me, DICE-GAF.

Kaijima said:
Just started playing this on PC thanks to Steam Holiday sale. One utterly stupid n00b question.

How do I change my clan tag after setting it the first time?

Forgive me, DICE-GAF.
Turn off auto login; log out; log back in. It should have a list of your characters and your clan tag.

We could if Microsoft allowed it in the first place. I don't know how good the 360 gaf is, I only know how good Faceless is and how unpredictable the man is. Faceless is the alternate route king. We do have Abuc the MVP (My nickname for you Abuc) though.

I'll think up a nickname for myself...hmm...Crak the ground warfare strategic general hahahaha

abuC

1stStrike said:
I wish we could have a PS3 vs xbox show down. We already know who would win that one.

it-only-does-everything.jpg

If we remove Faceless from the equation they would have no hope, or as the great thespian Emmitt Smith would say, they'd get debacled.

Top Bottom