• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
We could if Microsoft allowed it in the first place. I don't know how good the 360 gaf is, I only know how good Faceless is and how unpredictable the man is. Faceless is the alternate route king. We do have Abuc the MVP (My nickname for you Abuc) though.

I'll think up a nickname for myself...hmm...Crak the ground warfare strategic general hahahaha

Hahaha, they'd feel the wrath of the 13x platinum AN-94, and JM hitting them from 3 bases back with the AT4.

1stStrike

Banned
They'd be hard pressed to get any kills on you guys, because Strike the bullet sponge would block all their bullets with his body and C4 all their vehicles.

I still think we're underestimating 360 gaf. We don't know how well they play together, it's an unknown factor. The one player on Gaf who can really judge is Faceless being from both sides.

abuC said:
If we remove Faceless from the equation they would have no hope, or as the great thespian Emmitt Smith would say, they'd get debacled.
honestly, i don't 360 would win the majority of games in a 12 on 12 even if i was playing on 360 and shintoki and megatron came back. and that's without harix and aj and broken coming back on PS3.

shots fired...

though if some of my non-gaf 360 peeps played, it'd be another story!

UFRA

abuC said:
Hahaha, they'd feel the wrath of the 13x platinum AN-94, and JM hitting them from 3 bases back with the AT4.

LOL

I had one of my classic AT4 shots yesterday too. On Atacama Desert, we were attacking and I was waiting for dreamgazer to shoot the VADS with the UAV (he missed!!) so I hopped out of the chopper, pulled out my AT4 and just shot the guy in the VADS from our base. :D

Also nabbed me a couple Blackhawks on Isla as well. :D

Edit: oh! And on Port Valdez I sniped a sniper with my AT4 from our base to his base. lol Damn I love that launcher...

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
I still think we're underestimating 360 gaf. We don't know how well they play together, it's an unknown factor. The one player on Gaf who can really judge is Faceless being from both sides.

He seems to win more with us, and the variance in his own stats isn't enough to say Xbox players are better either.

It seems like they just started playing together, atleast some of these guys, where as we've had a set group of atleast 10-14 that play together for about 3 months now.

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
honestly, i don't 360 would win the majority of games in a 12 on 12 even if i was playing on 360 and shintoki and megatron came back. and that's without harix and aj and broken coming back on PS3.

shots fired...

commando.jpg

PS3 GAF goes hard.

UFRA said:
LOL

I had one of my classic AT4 shots yesterday too. On Atacama Desert, we were attacking and I was waiting for dreamgazer to shoot the VADS with the UAV (he missed!!) so I hopped out of the chopper, pulled out my AT4 and just shot the guy in the VADS from our base. :D

Also nabbed me a couple Blackhawks on Isla as well. :D

Edit: oh! And on Port Valdez I sniped a sniper with my AT4 from our base to his base. lol Damn I love that launcher...

Your skill with the AT4 is crazy, I see a Blackhawk take off and before it can even tilt forward I see a missile flying at it and bodies falling out the sky. I even remember you hitting someone from far out that was on a jet ski.

That's a great point. We all played with each other for a long while now. It's to that point where we know each other's strategy and inadvertently cooperate using the knowledge of each player's playstyle.

When I see a tank and you are near I know you are going to blow it up so I take on another battle objective.

I know Dreamgazer, Seks, and Evolve will set down landmines on key strategic routes.
I know Strike will be there to back me up even if he knows he is going to die because his bad luck when he spawns on me.
I know Abuc and JM will rape in vehicles and will do my best to back you guys up in a tank or on foot.
I can count on Dream, JM, and Dan on the UAV and actually be useful at it hahaha.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
That's a great point. We all played with each other for a long while now. It's to that point where we know each other's strategy and inadvertently cooperate using the knowledge of each player's playstyle.

When I see a tank and you are near I know you are going to blow it up so I take on another battle objective.

I know Dreamgazer, Seks, and Evolve will set down landmines on key strategic routes.
I know Strike will be there to back me up even if he knows he is going to die because his bad luck when he spawns on me.
I know Abuc and JM will rape in vehicles and will do my best to back you guys up in a tank or on foot.
I can count on Dream, JM, and Dan on the UAV and actually be useful at it hahaha.

Also Rock, Olimpia, Calion and Fersis too.

I think PS3s finest moment was taking on a bunch of R4P members:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-clan-mod-support/1370387-r4p-clan-thread.html

Atleast 10 of them were in a game against us, and we won 4 out of 5 against them in conquest. Off the top of my head, Latin-Raw, deathmanjoe, lordbluefungus, Pyscho-Killa, Pyscho-Freak and a few other guys who were from another clan couldn't stop the GAF machine.

The games lasted like 20-25 minutes each, and Dream must have thrown out 200 motion mines ha.

I would post about them if I knew their game style. Fersis doesn't seem to have the time to play long sessions with us. Olimpia I haven't been in his squad in a long time I forgot how he played like. Rock is relatively new to me haven't played in much games with him, also Ejas.

Not use to all the new guys from Dec yet.

haven't had one of these in a while

vantage point. defense. m40.

http://i53.tinypic.com/343rr6q.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
HAHAHA
Wow, I remember you mentioning that message.

There's something about sniping w/ the m40 on that rocky ledge on Vantage Point that pisses people off I guess. I got my first and only hate message doing the same thing a few days ago.

I'm inclined to think that 360 randoms are worse than PS3 randoms. I stayed one-round-too-many after most of GAF had left and there were two players who essentially lost the game for us. They would wait for the helicopter, and when they got in they flew in a weird pattern and often wouldn't leave the spawn. Sill4 and I were stuck in a squad with them, and we had to hoof it from the base every time. I was easy pickins for Dr ACKtung.

Calion

If my plans fall through with my friend today, I'll definitely be on tonight. This week has been too busy. Hopefully I can hop on tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
Apologies to the 360 GAFers I was playing with last night. I had loaned my copy out to a friend and hadn't played in about 3 weeks. I was reeeeally rusty. haha

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My summary of PS3GAF:

(in no particular order, sorry if I miss anyone there are lots of us)

abuC -- mvp player, very strong in vehicles, objective hound, never seen him play medic. Primarily a lone wolf but does help team in his vicinity.

Crak -- very strong infantry player and flexible/effective in all roles. Can really throw down in the tanks when necessary. Good traditional "sniper" recon if the other team's snipers piss him off. works well with team (honestly though we all have a little lone wolf in us) and is an objective hound.

rock -- mvp player. best all around in my opinion, but I'll admit to some bias. i don't see him drive much because I always hog the vehicles but he's a really good gunner. Really good. another objective hound.

Cal -- probably best gaf gunner and another all around skilled player. Somewhat new to PS3 gaf but so good that he was welcomed in straightaway.

Dream -- medic and UAV extraordinaire. good gunner, team player. actually uses his mic... I think very good all around. Objective hound.

Dantheman and ejas -- imo these guys have similar playstyles and you'll generally find them in the best squad at the end of a round. Very consistent, though Dan is more noticeable on the UAV... and on the mic! Ejas is quieter on the mic but he's one of the best, if not the best team player. I need revive E is almost always there, or ammo, repair, whatever... he has this habit of being useful all the time. Both these guys are pushing the objective all the time too.

Strike!!! -- he always says he's bad but he's not! Imo I see strike constantly switching kit and things trying to respond to the flow of the game. He goes after objectives and backs up other players. And hey... I've seen him snap before. k/d doesn't mean shit if you don't win and we win... sometimes players who are trying to be flexible will sacrifice things like k/d to get a W. Don't always see it translate to the scoreboard, but teammates notice things like that.

Faceless -- highly respected, creative, consistent, boundary stretching mvp
player.

Memory cure -- another new guy to ps3 gaf. Really really good... wish he played on our side more! All around player that can sometimes give gaf a decent run despite working with dumbshit smurfs. Good sniper. I'm a fucking sick sniper and cure has taken it to me a few times... he's good.

Yeti -- too new to really say, but I once witnessed him run over like 3 or 4 people in a couple seconds. Pretty hilarious.

There are more... I know it... sure it'll come to me in a couple mins. Maybe I'll edit.

One thing common of almost all PS3 gaffers is constant pressure on objective. Attack/Defense. No relent -- just win!!!

edit: Omg I forgot JM and Fersis!!! and Olympia! and seks! brb.

Nabs

srsly, if you're a pc noob, you should say hello to some of the guys in the bc2 mumble channel (at night). they have been rolling with 2 or 3 squads nightly. i think they all jumped from tf2 after the xmas sale.

PS3 GAF does have a longer history of playing with each other compared to 360 gaf, which mostly just started rolling hard when Vietnam came out. Not to mention it seems like there are just more PS3GAF than 360GAF. That said, I will out medic anyone on any platform, any day. My M60 is just unstoppable.

Oreoleo

Nabs said:
srsly, if you're a pc noob, you should say hello to some of the guys in the bc2 mumble channel (at night). they have been rolling with 2 or 3 squads nightly. i think they all jumped from tf2 after the xmas sale.

and it is glorious. this thread is pretty dominated by ps3 users, so we just sorta mind our own business and don't post so much :p

Orellio said:
and it is glorious. this thread is pretty dominated by ps3 users, so we just sorta mind our own business and don't post so much :p
boooo 360 and PC users not posting in the thread because "it's dominated by PS3 users" is like a bunch of wookies sitting in their invincible spawn taking pot shots instead of manning up and throwing down.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
recklessmind said:
My summary of PS3GAF:

(in no particular order, sorry if I miss anyone there are lots of us)

abuC -- mvp player, very strong in vehicles, objective hound, never seen him play medic. Primarily a lone wolf but does help team in his vicinity.

Crak -- very strong infantry player and flexible/effective in all roles. Can really throw down in the tanks when necessary. Good traditional "sniper" recon if the other team's snipers piss him off. works well with team (honestly though we all have a little lone wolf in us) and is an objective hound.

rock -- mvp player. best all around in my opinion, but I'll admit to some bias. i don't see him drive much because I always hog the vehicles but he's a really good gunner. Really good. another objective hound.

Cal -- probably best gaf gunner and another all around skilled player. Somewhat new to PS3 gaf but so good that he was welcomed in straightaway.

Dream -- medic and UAV extraordinaire. good gunner, team player. actually uses his mic... I think very good all around. Objective hound.

Dantheman and ejas -- imo these guys have similar playstyles and you'll generally find them in the best squad at the end of a round. Very consistent, though Dan is more noticeable on the UAV... and on the mic! Ejas is quieter on the mic but he's one of the best, if not the best team player. I need revive E is almost always there, or ammo, repair, whatever... he has this habit of being useful all the time. Both these guys are pushing the objective all the time too.

Strike!!! -- he always says he's bad but he's not! Imo I see strike constantly switching kit and things trying to respond to the flow of the game. He goes after objectives and backs up other players. And hey... I've seen him snap before. k/d doesn't mean shit if you don't win and we win... sometimes players who are trying to be flexible will sacrifice things like k/d to get a W. Don't always see it translate to the scoreboard, but teammates notice things like that.

Faceless -- highly respected, creative, consistent, boundary stretching mvp
player.

Memory cure -- another new guy to ps3 gaf. Really really good... wish he played on our side more! All around player that can sometimes give gaf a decent run despite working with dumbshit smurfs. Good sniper. I'm a fucking sick sniper and cure has taken it to me a few times... he's good.

Yeti -- too new to really say, but I once witnessed him run over like 3 or 4 people in a couple seconds. Pretty hilarious.

There are more... I know it... sure it'll come to me in a couple mins. Maybe I'll edit.

One thing common of almost all PS3 gaffers is constant pressure on objective. Attack/Defense. No relent -- just win!!!

edit: Omg I forgot JM and Fersis!!! and Olympia! and seks! brb.
You forgot me, and I am one of the best on any console. ;)

Blizzard

Banned
boooo 360 and PC users not posting in the thread because "it's dominated by PS3 users" is like a bunch of wookies sitting in their invincible spawn taking pot shots instead of manning up and throwing down.
I have been posting but people rarely respond to me. QQ

Hopefully if I play tonight, punkbuster doesn't kick me every 15-20 minutes. I still have no clue how to fix the heartbeat issue which didn't start until yesterday.

olimpia84

abuC said:
Also Rock, Olimpia, Calion and Fersis too.

I think PS3s finest moment was taking on a bunch of R4P members:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-clan-mod-support/1370387-r4p-clan-thread.html

Atleast 10 of them were in a game against us, and we won 4 out of 5 against them in conquest. Off the top of my head, Latin-Raw, deathmanjoe, lordbluefungus, Pyscho-Killa, Pyscho-Freak and a few other guys who were from another clan couldn't stop the GAF machine.

The games lasted like 20-25 minutes each, and Dream must have thrown out 200 motion mines ha.

lol I remember that, I think we actually won 5 out of 6 matches that night. I wish we could have back that match we lost...I played like crap that one round =/

btw good games with rock and ejas earlier on. Surprisingly I'm playing a bit more Rush lately now that the mode is actually playable

abuC

olimpia84 said:
lol I remember that, I think we actually won 5 out of 6 matches that night. I wish we could have back that match we lost...I played like crap that one round =/

btw good games with rock and ejas earlier on. Surprisingly I'm playing a bit more Rush lately now that the mode is actually playable

I didn't sweat the loss much, mainly because GAFers were leaving prior to that game, so randoms took their place.

And Rush is enjoyable only if you have good squad mates, it can be a pain if you don't. In conquest you can get away with garbage teammates a little bit more.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
though if some of my non-gaf 360 peeps played, it'd be another story!

Shut up and fix your PS3, damn it. :|

Funny how this discussion turned from "Bean is butthurt" to "PS3 vs 360." Guess Bean really was butthurt.

My summary of PS3GAF:

No mention of me and my bitching about you guys and your annoyances anywhere. For shame. Figuring I've been talked about behind my back about 15+ times in both |OT|'s of BC2, I figured I was internet famous enough for you.

Abu said:
You should've stayed

I would've, but I had M in LBP1's OT to help me with 2x co-op bubbles before LBP2 comes out. I'm hoping we can get two others with little/no lag to get the 3/4x co-op bubbles for LBP2, but it's looking doubtful.

That and I've signed up to filler/replace AzRim in the Super GT league for GT5 for three saturdays back-to-back-to-back on the 29th. :/

That and GAF was over on one side and myself and maybe one-two other GAF with randoms on the other, wouldn't have been fun. It's more fun for me to have 12 people sitting in their base as it means we can get the tickets draining faster than it is with 8 hiding.

>>Clan link for R4P on EA.com<<

My favorite part of this is that half the posters in that thread are banned, meanwhile we're a casual/for-fun clan that generally will roll people left right and center.

I've been posting the top carnage reports of PC-BC2GAF Night Session, but people seem to complain about my methods of privacy towards other GAF members whose BC2 usernames are in said screenshots...

I pray for Console <-> PC Multiplatform Crossplay is in BF3... Great opportunity to join forces with you console fellas.
And so us PC guys can put the lot of you to rest on who really rolls the battlefield.

Sorry my fellow PC brethren. I have been unhealthily addicted to New Vegas for the last week, and not been on BC2 for a long while. Tonight I'm going to go to a friend's, crack open some cold ones and play some split-screen Blops. But tomorrow and on hopefully I'll be on to bring the pain! The mumble shit was real fun after I figured out how to set up the push to talk button. Can't wait to do that again.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
I pray for Console <-> PC Multiplatform Crossplay is in BF3... Great opportunity to join forces with you console fellas.
And so us PC guys can put the lot of you to rest on who really rolls the battlefield.

U MAD because PC's dying. ;) ;) *nudge nudge*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
No mention of me and my bitching about you guys and your annoyances anywhere. For shame. Figuring I've been talked about behind my back about 15+ times in both |OT|'s of BC2, I figured I was internet famous enough for you..

You got a mention! Sorry it wasn't primetime though... that post was getting so long and I'm watching football today!

I love all ps3 gaffers! ... and anyone, on any console, who posts in this thread is automatically cool shit.

Sill4

adamsappel said:
I'm inclined to think that 360 randoms are worse than PS3 randoms. I stayed one-round-too-many after most of GAF had left and there were two players who essentially lost the game for us. They would wait for the helicopter, and when they got in they flew in a weird pattern and often wouldn't leave the spawn. Sill4 and I were stuck in a squad with them, and we had to hoof it from the base every time. I was easy pickins for Dr ACKtung.
Yes. Once Gaf disbanded, I just said fuck it, and started lobbing nades from behind a rock. Quit soon after.

360 randoms are terrible, especially when they hog vehicles that they don't know how to use.

-edit- speaking of vehicles, sorry for jacking your huey yesterday faceless, I thought you bailed out, so my "usually plays with randoms" instincts kicked in and I hit A and held that trigger down.

haven't had one of these in a while

vantage point. defense. m40.

http://i53.tinypic.com/343rr6q.jpg
After that Vantage Point match where I was put on the attacking side against you all....I feel his pain.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I seem to be having problems connecting to any PC servers. Is there a way to check the status of all the servers or something?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
DarthWoo said:
I seem to be having problems connecting to any PC servers. Is there a way to check the status of all the servers or something?
I would try directly running the update program to make sure you have the current version.

Damn you guys were playing like shit the last 2 games. I could have mistaken you guys for randoms. Taking alpha before bravo on Nelson bay when it was empty. Me and Dan had to take it with 4 disarms that could have been prevented.

TheSeks

Hate Oasis defense. We get B but can't get A due to them spreading out and being all engineers. Ugh.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Hate Oasis defense. We get B but can't get A due to them spreading out and being all engineers. Ugh.

Yeah that was miserable.

Not sure if the invites are working, try to join us once we're in.

TheSeks

I be stealing your blackhawk, getting 15 kills on your spawn.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
Have fun playing on 24 person servers.

UFRA

Good games tonight guys. Just got the frostbite freeze, so I'm gonna take a break for now.

As defenders on Isla, I had my best chopper killing spree ever. 7 choppers downed with the AT4. :D

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
My summary of PS3GAF:

D'aw, you wuv me :p

I admit I'm a bit hung up on k/d ratio. When I end a game and I'm like 4 and 6 or 9 and 18 I get disgruntled. I don't really like dying constantly, and shit like the other day where that douche knifed me about 7 or 8 times between 2 games really annoyed me.

And yeah, I cuss a lot and get pissed off lol.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Drkirby said:
I would try directly running the update program to make sure you have the current version.

Didn't need to do that. Oddly enough, everything was fine when I tried again right after I posted this. I guess there must have been some sort of hiccup between me and the servers, because by the time I tried again, the server I typically play on was full with a queue waiting.

Had a pretty good last round of Heavy Metal before I quit for the night. Wound up with 11 kills and just 1 death, that death being mainly attributable to my bullheadedness of keeping my tank in the same spot despite two helicopters and several infantry attacking me simultaneously. My team had taken C and B pretty quickly, and I'd driven a tank up to B from C after getting dropped off by a jeep. Rather than doing what most people seem to do and parking the tank in the middle of the village and defending, I drove up to one of those ridges on the outskirts overlooking A and from there I was able to shoot down one or two helos with my main gun (bad pilots I guess) and destroy several incoming tanks, while also mowing down any infantry I saw or that a teammate spotted. I guess they finally got sick of that so they coordinated an attack against just me. Before that death, I was lucky enough to have a great gunner who hopped out to repair when necessary, and was presumably delivering some of the spotting that helped me. I didn't feel like driving anymore after that, so I hopped into the unattended VADS in B afterward. My team was busy assaulting A on our strong momentum, so I just sat back and picked off any pilot dumb enough to come too close to B. The other team somehow sneaked some people around behind to C and took it for a little bit, but by then the tickets were something like 150-30, and my team managed to retake it pretty quickly in any case. I love rounds like that.

No_Style

Good games Renderman. Those second last game on Arica Harbor was intense. My K/D was poor for that round, but I ran around trying desperately to cover important areas with motion sensors.

TheSeks

No_Style said:
Good games Renderman. Those second last game on Arica Harbor was intense. My K/D was poor for that round, but I ran around trying desperately to cover important areas with motion sensors.

Ah, you joined his game. Good. I bailed when everyone else was in Rush and there was actually 10-11 players in it. Then we steamrolled and cleared the server. In fact, I was downright ruthless and had 20+ KDR rounds (20 kills 0-1 deaths) at times. I felt bad leaving him and tried to invite him when we had space.

I forgot how much my BFF AN-94 is a markmen weapon.

Calion

recklessmind said:
My summary of PS3GAF:

Well thank you. I'm flattered. I always get all giddy when you or abuC pilot and I'm the gunner. I do my best to support and help out in any way I can, but share lone wolf tendencies like everyone else. I hope I can get on soon sometime this week. >_<

abuC

I think Im going to hang up my wings for a bit, nearly everytime I fly I get the frostbite freeze, this time it was when I had a fully loaded blackhawk so I hope it didn't crash and kill everyone when I got the boot.

Calion

abuC said:
I think Im going to hang up my wings for a bit, nearly everytime I fly I get the frostbite freeze, this time it was when I had a fully loaded blackhawk so I hope it didn't crash and kill everyone when I got the boot.

: (

Top Bottom