• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

endlessflood said:
Sounds like an awesome sequence faceless. These sort of moments are why I dislike crate damage and prefer crate arming as a mechanic... it makes life tough when you have useless randoms playing with you, but armed crates just provide so many of these adrenalin-charged moments that they're worth the tradeoff in my opinion.

I have to admit I haven't played a great deal of vanilla since they increased the crate health (or reduced C4 damage, whichever it was). Has crate bashing been largely abandoned now? I'm yet to see it in Vietnam.
yeah, it's gone down dramatically. i still crate bash in both if i feel like.

abuC

recklessmind said:
after that oasis game I've pretty much come to terms with the fact I can't fly the AH's for shit. haha.

emperor.jpg

Yes, yes, embrace the power of circle strafe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
endlessflood said:
I have to admit I haven't played a great deal of vanilla since they increased the crate health (or reduced C4 damage, whichever it was). Has crate bashing been largely abandoned now? I'm yet to see it in Vietnam.

It's very rare to see crate bashing. Harms, sure. But blowing the crates now a days is pretty 0.01% of a chance.

AbuC said:
Yes, yes, embrace the power of circle strafe.

laughingsmiley.gif

@Faceless: I have someone I want you to play with one of these days on 360 if you don't mind. I would like you to give him some tips/pointers/show him your antics. I showed him your stats and he was like "DAMN, HE'S A BEAST." :lol I'm like "Well, this dude taught me most of my antics, so I should see if he wouldn't mind playing with you as a change of pace." Let me know if you're down/have the space to play a round or two with him on your list.

TheSeks said:
@Faceless: I have someone I want you to play with one of these days on 360 if you don't mind. I would like you to give him some tips/pointers/show him your antics. I showed him your stats and he was like "DAMN, HE'S A BEAST." :lol I'm like "Well, this dude taught me most of my antics, so I should see if he wouldn't mind playing with you as a change of pace." Let me know if you're down/have the space to play a round or two with him on your list.
anytime.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, it's gone down dramatically. i still crate bash in both if i feel like.
Sounds like they've hit the sweet spot then. I wouldn't want to get between you and a crate that you'd decided shouldn't be there any more :)

recklessmind said:
dream you are a good pilot, you should fly more... fun gunning for you in the blackhawk on Isla.

after that oasis game I've pretty much come to terms with the fact I can't fly the AH's for shit. haha.

I don't think I'm a good pilot.
Unlike you, i can't comfortably keep a blackhawk steady, so I just compensate circling + trying to focus the gunner side to enemies. That's great if you're a good gunner, but I can imagine it's annoying for people who want the chopper to stay still.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I don't think I'm a good pilot.
Unlike you, i can't comfortably keep a blackhawk steady, so I just compensate circling + trying to focus the gunner side to enemies. That's great if you're a good gunner, but I can imagine it's annoying for people who want the chopper to stay still.

You're better than you give yourself credit for. If you learned to circle strafe like Abu, you could be really good if that empty server is anything to go by. You just need to practice.

As far as the Blackhawk, circles work but it's an issue with gunners as they can't keep a sustained fire on an enemy/target which makes the blackhawk useless. You gotta have the ability to shift between "gunner active" mode and "passenger transport circle/stealth" mode, which I have no ability to do.

I can fly the choppers, but not to where they're any excellent use. But that's my take as a gunner.

bean breath said:
Again, sorry 360 gaf. I lost audio and every time I tried to connect it kept dropping out, and finally I couldn't connect at all.
lucky you! cable internet & cable tv down here. been going up & down all evening! bluetooth tethering ftw!

My random moment of the Day. On Nelson Bay defense I jumped and shot a noobtube at a 70 degree angle while in the air and actually kill somebody. I was just playing around.

Told Dan about how to make your teammate suicide while he's on the heavy gunner and have him attempt it on me hahaha

Backing up on the tank to see Dreamgazer commit suicide because he parked it right behind me, it was followed by

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

Crakatak187 said:
Backing up on the tank to see Dreamgazer commit suicide because he parked it right behind me, it was followed by

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

Indeed! Everything was going fine, nostyle and JJD just finished repairing it and I was about to get up....

Then some tank backed into me and BAM -=suicide=-

Cels

good games today..(technically yesterday)

i rarely play ps3 anymore but once in a while i hop on for some fun

-NiGhTHawk830

Yasae

Banned
My w/l ratio is 0.63. I'd love to see some people eeking it out on pubs with anything over 1.5. Not bloody likely.

I'll see if I can't find the server tonight.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crakatak187 said:
My random moment of the Day. On Nelson Bay defense I jumped and shot a noobtube at a 70 degree angle while in the air and actually kill somebody. I was just playing around.

Told Dan about how to make your teammate suicide while he's on the heavy gunner and have him attempt it on me hahaha

In that same game I was riding on the stolen ATV with stirke when he jumps off right before the thing goes careening over the side of a cliff. I'm retardedly riding along on the back as the sky is suddenly rushing by and there's a weird sensation of dropping altitude I'm like "wait wtf is going on... oh" as I hit the water and die.

fucker.

Miggytronz

Had some good games in Vietnam last night with my friends. 6 vs 12 in Rush. We won 3 rounds in a row, 2 being defense. 4th round was on CAO SON TEMPLE, we pushed them all the way to the end temple but couldnt manage to get B capped.

OH AND FUCK THE PEOPLE WHO GHOST BOAT. F U.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 said:
The process of investigating matchmaking has taken some days. We have also managed to locate and identify what was the cause and root of this issue and therefore we have decided to restart the PS3 and the Xbox 360 backends as soon as possible.

The restart will likely happen within the next hour. (Normally we would schedule restarts for the "low peak" around 7AM GMT, but this is too severe.)

In addition to this we are currently implementing early-warning systems for related problems in case they happen in the future.

Good news !

Great matches last night with crak,strike and danthaman.
Pure sheer GAF devastation.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OfficialBFBC2 said:
Servers should be coming back online now for #xbox 360 and #ps3
Source: [URL="www.twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2]OfficialBFBC2 Twitter account[/URL]
Neat-O.

Mikasangelos said:
where did you get this news from? Im just curious. Twitter?
EDIT: found it.

Oh sorry for not posting the source. V_V

Nameless

Bah @ 360 players. I saw about 5 of you guys online last night but you were all playing Vietnam. Stop fighting the wrong war--the same goes for COD players.

Nameless said:
Bah @ 360 players. I saw about 5 of you guys online last night but you were all playing Vietnam. Stop fighting the wrong war--the same goes for COD players.
We just can't get enough of that Vietnam goodness. Doesn't help that I watch movies like Hamburger Hill or Apocalypse Now which makes me want to play Vietnam even more lol.

Honestly though, I have put hundreds of hours into vanilla BC2, so I am loving the change of pace that the Vietnam expansion is offering. I can't see myself not playing Vietnam for a while.

Miggytronz

Darkshier said:
We just can't get enough of that Vietnam goodness. Doesn't help that I watch movies like Hamburger Hill or Apocalypse Now which makes me want to play Vietnam even more lol.

Honestly though, I have put hundreds of hours into vanilla BC2, so I am loving the change of pace that the Vietnam expansion is offering. I can't see myself not playing Vietnam for a while.

This

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
In that same game I was riding on the stolen ATV with stirke when he jumps off right before the thing goes careening over the side of a cliff. I'm retardedly riding along on the back as the sky is suddenly rushing by and there's a weird sensation of dropping altitude I'm like "wait wtf is going on... oh" as I hit the water and die.

fucker.

I never needed the :lol icon more then now. That's what happens when the server fills up with gaffers, the enemy team rage quits, and I get bored hahaha :)

Evolved1

Sometimes I imagine how much cooler Vietnam would be if the Huey had PC health... 7x as long in the air.

Hopefully they fix this because it's soured me on the expansion for now.

Nameless said:

Obviously you're on the wrong console >.>

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Obviously you're on the wrong console >.>

Shhhh... 360 players are complaining and being "SRS BUSINESS" we don't want to stop them. ;) ;)

Sill4

recklessmind said:
Sometimes I imagine how much cooler Vietnam would be if the Huey had PC health... 7x as long in the air.

Hopefully they fix this because it's soured me on the expansion for now.
Goddamn agreed.

That fucker is made out of cardboard, I swear.

If anything, allow for 2 huey's to be available. Might have to decrease the no-fly zone, But whatever.

Evolved1

betweenthewheels said:
To all you pilots out there:

Which control scheme would you recommend?

Is it easier to fly 1st person or 3rd person?

Third person (imo) is only good when you're hovering/missile-dodging in the blackhawk. All other occasions I fly in cockpit.

Trying to play in third person is a great way to put it into a mountain. haha.

Control scheme... best just to mess around in Onslaught to find which configuration you like. I forget what I use, but I can't really circle strafe with it... the other way I can CS but I'm not as comfortable flying in general.

if switching sides, bringing a boat back and ghost boating the ghost boaters is wrong, i don't wanna be right!

Weird thing happened last night. It was on Hastings defense and the usual 'Price-is-Right'-style mine laying (putting your mines in front of everyone else's) was going on in the stream crossing the road. I decided I wanted to be a jackass because he got there first and threw a grenade as Borilla was laying down mines, but I guess it wasn't close enough because it didn't set off his mines.

about a minute later the tank rolls through and hits his mines but it comes up as my kill! It says I destroyed a tank and took out two people with a grenade! :lol

To top it off I end up getting the ace pin over him all because of the points I got from that.

Sill4

I always fly in third, even with Blackhawk.

In Vietnam, I use 1st person, but if the other team has at least two people shooting at you, you won't get 40 yards before exploding into fire.

I do like how they went the route of using the huey for support rather than an invincible circle strafing whirlybird of doom, but imo the Blackhawk fills the role much better. Wish huey was tougher, less agile, maybe take away rockets and replace with a chaingun. Gunners are exposed, but those Huey guns tear shit up.

bean breath said:
Weird thing happened last night. It was on Hastings defense and the usual 'Price-is-Right'-style mine laying (putting your mines in front of everyone else's) was going on in the stream crossing the road. I decided I wanted to be a jackass because he got there first and threw a grenade as Borilla was laying down mines, but I guess it wasn't close enough because it didn't set off his mines.

about a minute later the tank rolls through and hits his mines but it comes up as my kill! It says I destroyed a tank and took out two people with a grenade! :lol

To top it off I end up getting the ace pin over him all because of the points I got from that.
LOL your a jerk!

Evolved1

Sill4 said:

In Vietnam, I use 1st person, but if the other team has at least two people shooting at you, you won't get 40 yards before exploding into fire.

I do like how they went the route of using the huey for support rather than an invincible circle strafing whirlybird of doom, but imo the Blackhawk fills the role much better. Wish huey was tougher, less agile, maybe take away rockets and replace with a chaingun. Gunners are exposed, but those Huey guns tear shit up.

I don't think even with increased armor circle strafing would be an issue... I mean small arms fire will still take the thing down if a pilot lingers. But at least you'd be able to do a strafe run or two before exploding in the air!

Engineers repairing might be able to keep a circle strafer up... idk... never got to play with increased health so it's hard to say. But if it was really broken they could always nerf the repair tool while riding in the chopper or remove the ability mid-flight.

Just it'd be nice not to fucking explode as soon as you clear the tree line for once.

Sill4 said:

LOL your a jerk!

Yeah, I know.

To be fair that game started out completely one-sided and there were about 2 other people ready to place mines in the event my grenade succeeded.

Evolved1

i'm guessing the patch is up... "1st" boat on the 2nd base of Cao Son Temple spawned in the water to the left and behind where the "2nd" boat normally spawns

Did they say anything about the buffing the huey for this patch?

TheSeks

Darkshier said:
Seks, you are the definition of SRS BUSINESS.

Damn right I am. I take no beating around the bush on that.

>>Patch<<

But can you ghost it, is the question, man.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nameless said:
I was playing vanilla most of the time. I had trouble joining other GAFers in Vietnam so I could only get into a few rounds. Didn't bother me because I like vanilla BC2 a lot more than Vietnam.

TheSeks

Patch hasn't fixed the small games. SMH DICE. :|

*goes back to GT5 and LBP2*

Evolved1

Mikasangelos said:
Is onslaught mode worth the buy/download?

Honestly? Not really... unless you want to practice with an attack chopper on just one map that's kind of dark so it hurts your eyes after a while.

But if you really suck with choppers... it's a good way to experiment with different control configurations and learn to circle strafe or whatever, if you're interested.

TheSeks

Mikasangelos said:
Is onslaught mode worth the buy/download?

For the achievements, sure. For the mode itself, no not really given the online for it is dead and it isn't much fun.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
For the achievements, sure. For the mode itself, no not really given the online for it is dead and it isn't much fun.

I haven't been able to get all the trophies because I can't find more than one person playing... :/

Top Bottom