• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
I haven't been able to get all the trophies because I can't find more than one person playing... :/

You know you could post about it in a thread called "Bad Company 2 |OT2|" and ask if anyone is willing to help.

OH WAIT--...

Honestly, the Veteran achievement is annoying due to the stupid respawning enemies in addition to the tank and chopper on two of the maps. Otherwise it isn't too hard. Just keep someone alive to keep the game going and push push push.

Sill4

xKilltheMx said:
I'm sad of the lack of my mentioning on the ps3-gaf list. I'm the medic guy! The random killthem guy come onnnnn =(
Are you one of those guys who revives us right in the middle of a combat zone with a a wall of bullets hitting us directly in the back because you spawned us facing a tree stump?

TheSeks

xKilltheMx said:
I'm sad of the lack of my mentioning on the ps3-gaf list. I'm the medic guy! The random killthem guy come onnnnn =(

That's because you don't play with us nightly. I've only seen you online twice?

TheSeks said:
That's because you don't play with us nightly. I've only seen you online twice?

You arent looking hard enough. Im usually in a party with Dreamgazer, Ejas or abuC.

Sill4 said:
Are you one of those guys who revives us right in the middle of a combat zone with a a wall of bullets hitting us directly in the back because you spawned us facing a tree stump?

Cant say I am, sorry to disappoint? To keep a strong front I will revive, or after I kill the enemy that killed you I will revive. Usually. If I miss an enemy, im sorry im not perfect.

Sill4 said:
I take pride in my bad revives. Each one gets me that much closer to another ace medical ops pin.

TheSeks

xKilltheMx said:
You arent looking hard enough. Im usually in a party with Dreamgazer, Ejas or abuC.

Weird. I play with them around 9-10PM and you aren't online. 8PM weeknights and you aren't online. Weekends you aren't online. :/

>>Medic<<

They're just butthurt because I and Crack don't like being revived in the middle of a firefight while they get free points and lose two tickets in the process. Just ignore them. ;)

TheSeks said:
Weird. I play with them around 9-10PM and you aren't online. 8PM weeknights and you aren't online. Weekends you aren't online. :/

Weird, Just got off not too long ago online. Its like I play with them at different times or something. Crazy that. My class schedule is kinda easy (for once) and Im usually on in the afternoon. Around 5 till whenever I get bored. Guess that would explain why you barely ever see me then. I didnt expect that every person would know me (or a lot) but I was just stating my feelings.

th3dude

*sigh* I wish I could just get the destruction 2.0 trophy to complete my platinum so I can go back to playing normally without trying for it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
sn1pes said:
*sigh* I wish I could just get the destruction 2.0 trophy to complete my platinum so I can go back to playing normally without trying for it.

guard towers... you only ever see someone in them randomly... but when you do make it your mission to drop that shit.

sn1pes said:
Throw more c4. When you think you have thrown enough, throw more. Level every building, in each match you play. Nelson Bay Rush is probably the best place for D 2.0 kills.

recklessmind said:
guard towers... you only ever see someone in them randomly... but when you do make it your mission to drop that shit.
I have a no guard tower policy. I destroy them all and if anyone on my team is in one, they will be getting team killed.

Evolved1

xKilltheMx said:

Sorry to miss the mention... that post was kinda obnoxious to begin with haha. I know you as a medic (but not just) and we definitely play regularly, but I'm usually in a different squad. Don't know that I could describe your playstyle (since these were just my impressions of people from playing together) but I know you don't generally do dumb revives and recall that you're a team player. We've been in the squad a few times together though, and hey... we win so what more can anyone expect!

Next time you're on, squad up with me and we'll try to beat other gaffers for the gold squad pin. heh. Then if we don't get it I can make a long hyper-critical post blaming you for our deficiencies. I'll fill it full of venom... seks style. haha.

I will make you infamous!

Darkshier said:
I have a no guard tower policy. I destroy them all and if anyone on my team is in one, they will be getting team killed.

This is great. cracking up here... wish I still had my 360 I would play with you guys. Funny stuff.

recklessmind said:
Sorry to miss the mention... that post was kinda obnoxious to begin with haha. I know you as a medic (but not just) and we definitely play regularly, but I'm usually in a different squad. Don't know that I could describe your playstyle (since these were just my impressions of people from playing together) but I know you don't generally do dumb revives and recall that you're a team player. We've been in the squad a few times together though, and hey... we win so what more can anyone expect!

Next time you're on, squad up with me and we'll try to beat other gaffers for the gold squad pin. heh. Then if we don't get it I can make a long hyper-critical post blaming you for our deficiencies. I'll fill it full of venom... seks style. haha.

I will make you infamous!

Haha its fine about the mention. We used to squad up a bit more but you hadn't been on BC2 in a while.

Evolved1

xKilltheMx said:
Haha its fine about the mention. We used to squad up a bit more but you hadn't been on BC2 in a while.

My classes are really ramping up starting tomorrow who knows when I'll find time for BC2... god I want to at least hit 50!

recklessmind said:
My classes are really ramping up starting tomorrow who knows when I'll find time for BC2... god I want to at least hit 50!

Yeah my classes have gotten easier this semester (changed my major) so I've had time for PS3 for once and im enjoying it.

olimpia84

Had the frostbite freeze again...good conquest rounds with abu and jjd though. I thought we were going to lose that hill 137 round since we were outnumbered by like 3 people but we were able to make the comeback

Best tactic for defending is scorch and burn. Destroy all possible cover, bushes, and trees. Nowhere to hide near the M-COMs.

A nod to Fersis. Fersis you are a great medic. I forgot to post that yesterday.

Killthe yeah I notice you, but I only pay attention to my own squad really and the objectives. Give it time and more will recognize you. You are still technically new to me since I haven't played in a lot of games with you in it at the moment.

Daigoro

Mikasangelos said:
Is onslaught mode worth the buy/download?

i actually found it to be a lot of fun. but yeah, not many folks playing and not a ton of replayability.

it came with the game so i didnt buy it seperately. i would only reccomend it if you want to get the achievements.

recklessmind said:
I haven't been able to get all the trophies because I can't find more than one person playing... :/

wasnt too hard for me to find teams on 360. had to be a bit patient on a few maps though. just keep playing a map and hopefully people will join. shouldnt take too long.

beat them all last week on Hardcore with randoms. it was pretty easy to do actually.

Sill4

Imma go ahead and vouch for Onslaught.

I can just join some randoms and still have fun playing it, even though I have all the achievements.

I just picked up Onslaught to practice flying but I was surprised how fun it is, especially for $5. I can see it being a good training ground for beginners as well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
betweenthewheels said:
I just picked up Onslaught to practice flying but I was surprised how fun it is, especially for $5. I can see it being a good training ground for beginners as well.
I would have loved for them to release Onslaught on PC. At 5$ it wouldn't be hard to convince a couple of my buddies to pick it up and they could have implemented a local host system.

Are the specializations based on percentages? Like, would I get a bigger bonus for using the magnum ammo on a gun which already has a high damage rating?

Darkshier said:
Yes, I believe it gives you a 25% damage increase.

Thanks.

I just started playing Vietnam. Some of these maps really encourage using the double grenade specialization and an ammo pouch to turn yourself into an infinite grenade launcher.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
CaptainAhab said:
Thanks.

I just started playing Vietnam. Some of these maps really encourage using the double grenade specialization and an ammo pouch to turn yourself into an infinite grenade launcher.
On the second set of MCOM's on port valdez (vanilla) I just sit next to the burned out car in front of B with an ammo crate and both grenade perks and lob grenade after grenade. It feels a little like cheating, a little like grinding, but is very effective.

poppabk said:
On the second set of MCOM's on port valdez (vanilla) I just sit next to the burned out car in front of B with an ammo crate and both grenade perks and lob grenade after grenade. It feels a little like cheating, a little like grinding, but is very effective.

Now that I have finally unlocked most of the perks I can't believe how unbalanced the game is. When you start out as a medic, for instance, you could be going up against other medics who have a health kit at their feet, a better light machine gun with magnum rounds and extra grenades.

Extra grenade is a useless spec to me. The health pack on the ground doesn't help that much, it's better to pack ceramic armor. Magnum Ammunition I give you that. It should have been unlocked from the start along with ceramic armor.

MoFuzz

CaptainAhab said:
Now that I have finally unlocked most of the perks I can't believe how unbalanced the game is. When you start out as a medic, for instance, you could be going up against other medics who have a health kit at their feet, a better light machine gun with magnum rounds and extra grenades.
Welcome to modern multiplayer FPS.

olimpia84

damn, we just played an hour long or so rush game with rockscar.
We were defending on Arica and on they got us in the first set with 1 ticket left.
Then they got us on the second set with 2 tickets left.
Then they got us on the third set with 10 tickets left.
we managed to hold them in the final set and win in the end

CaptainAhab said:

Might look a bit intimidating on the killscreen, but having a medkit at your feet is nothing. Nobody uses them the way you're implying. Ammo box, yes. But not medkits.

Magnum ammo, I have to say, is pretty similar. When you're getting clipped by guys using it, it might feel like you're at a disadvantage (especially if you haven't unlocked it yet), but once you start using it yourself, it's just another "meh, okay, so I do slightly more damage with this perk." It's nothing that's helping anyone's KDR, and nothing that's unbalancing the game to a point where "the team using magum ammo is winning."

Better gun is also mildly relative. Most guns in the game can get the job done. It's just about knowing how to use them most effectively. I'm actually pretty god-awful at this game, but I can also say I've had pretty rad games with almost every weapon, so the fact that I suck only furthers the point: if someone like me can pwn with 90% of them, they're pretty balanced.

I don't claim the game is perfectly balanced or anything, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of complaints about this game have to do with how people play, not their kits or weapons.

Evolved1

Man today I impulse bought DC Universe and ME2.

BC2 time will be pretty limited I suspect. :/

Wish there was more time in a day.

Evolved1

xKilltheMx said:
Please tell me you bough it at Kmart! =[

Why Kmart? I went there first actually... but they didn't have DC. I asked if they had any deal atm and the guy told me only deal was on some wrestling game. So I wen to best by and got it there.

I got ME2 from PSN. Prefer my games to be DD versions... hate changing discs and like that they run straight off the HDD. PS3 will last longer that way. :)

edit: nvm saw your post in other thread.

You guys can play with JM since I've seen him playing it last night when I was on.

I've embraced the 40mm Shotgun on Arica harbor Conquest. That thing is overpowered hahaha

I shot through 1 guy and grazed another guy resulting in both dead. Both were at 100% health, then I proceeded to gun down the other 2 in a house.

I won't be using it in Rush since Smoke is way too helpful for the team to give it up for kills.

Pete Rock

ggs last night, rolled in a server with a squad of buddies who are kinda new, ten minutes later I see faceless & eightquid tearing it up and I think we steamrolled for about 3 hours before I had to hang it up.

Dunno why I took a break from this game, it's infinitely superior to any contemporary multiplayer fps, particularly with a real squad. The lowest ranking guy playing with us was working on getting his defrib, and right as we took the third base on Valparaiso he saw a wookie in the lighthouse on his last killcam - "whoa this fucker is up in some big tower man, I have no idea"

I hover the respawned squad over the top of the lighthouse w/ the blackhawk and they bail out like a fucking seal team and he proceeds to stab three wookies in the back of the neck, and the third one put him over the point threshold to unlock his paddles and I think we all just lost it. I almost crashed hovering on the pickup point on the back of the lighthouse I was laughing so hard.

Rollin the Apache on Oasis with quid, shooting down their Apache with our T90's with Faceless on defense, my buddies all running around running recon/medic like it was their job, shit was gold!

Oh, and following Faceless on some geometry I had never explored before, which was of course 90% out of bounds, leading to some high treeline adjacent to the open B crate on the last set of White Pass... he posts up and peers over the distance thru the bush, so I slap him with a knife from behind just for shits and giggles, the instant he hears the knife attack sound he whips around and starts unloading his AR into my chest... stone cold killer instincts, hah.

Lince

Banned
playing the 'Nam expansion every night and enjoying it a lot in spite of me being an average Battlefield player and the expansion seems filled with top rank players and veterans with all their sometimes dirty tactics and shenanigans, the challenge is brutal but it's making me a better player. Anyway, I got all the trophies except for the vehicles one which should take a little more time (specially flying the ridiculously fragile helicopter).

blurrygil

betweenthewheels said:
Mortars cannot destroy an M-Com directly right, it has to be the building it's in or near?

Are there any stations that are indestructible by mortar?

Yeah, some. Not too many that house MCOMs tho.

Some pretty GGs w/ face and crew. Tho that initial server went to shite immediately after the first round I joined in on.

Sorry I didn't stick around, Faceless. Some stuff came up and I had to end my gaming for the eve.

But playing vanilla for the first time in forever really shined some of the gameplay differences to me, such as damage and weapon trajectory. I played like garbage for the first 20 mins on vanilla.

blurrygil

Pete Rock said:
ggs last night, rolled in a server with a squad of buddies who are kinda new, ten minutes later I see faceless & eightquid tearing it up and I think we steamrolled for about 3 hours before I had to hang it up.

Dunno why I took a break from this game, it's infinitely superior to any contemporary multiplayer fps, particularly with a real squad. The lowest ranking guy playing with us was working on getting his defrib, and right as we took the third base on Valparaiso he saw a wookie in the lighthouse on his last killcam - "whoa this fucker is up in some big tower man, I have no idea"

I hover the respawned squad over the top of the lighthouse w/ the blackhawk and they bail out like a fucking seal team and he proceeds to stab three wookies in the back of the neck, and the third one put him over the point threshold to unlock his paddles and I think we all just lost it. I almost crashed hovering on the pickup point on the back of the lighthouse I was laughing so hard.

Rollin the Apache on Oasis with quid, shooting down their Apache with our T90's with Faceless on defense, my buddies all running around running recon/medic like it was their job, shit was gold!

Oh, and following Faceless on some geometry I had never explored before, which was of course 90% out of bounds, leading to some high treeline adjacent to the open B crate on the last set of White Pass... he posts up and peers over the distance thru the bush, so I slap him with a knife from behind just for shits and giggles, the instant he hears the knife attack sound he whips around and starts unloading his AR into my chest... stone cold killer instincts, hah.

Oh schnap, that was you lastnight eh?

Playing with the GAF-cats is the #1 reason I get better and keep coming back! :D

Feel free to add me on XBL: NOAgil

Pete Rock said:

i'm really missing the smileys here. i wish i played longer last night, but i had to do stuff, then out of nowhere more stuff to do appeared... like magic.

Marvie_3

Banned
djgil said:
Oh schnap, that was you lastnight eh?

Playing with the GAF-cats is the #1 reason I get better and keep coming back! :D

Feel free to add me on XBL: NOAgil
So that's who you are. I've had you on my friends list for awhile but couldnt remember who you were. :lol

Top Bottom