• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
WHY.jpg

Why are you posting this in a public forum. Now I'm going to have to contend with even more shotguns, aren't I?
blame DICE.

Crakatak187 said:
Sounds like a pain in the ass. It would so suck to die after you finished that exploit or die after a single kill.
it's a pain in the ass, it's just for novelty really.

meppi

TheSeks said:
Did you get the spot assist?

I attempted to knife like mad, had one person, WHOOSH *air* lag missed and got shot by their teammate suddenly noticing me. Pissed me off as I could've had three of them in a row. :| At least I'm finally Knife Gold Star 9, which means only another 100 or so before I can platinum the knife and forget the damn thing exists. :/

And yeah, I went up the hill because they started to come up and over that route (it's another way and can also be done in Rush by requires a finesse). I was like "OH NO YOU DON'T. *gun gun, knife knife, gun gun* to where they were too scared to attempt that lest they eat some lead from my BFF AN-94.

They kept attempting to take A before that point and hid at the back/near our spawn and I'm like "Yeah, that's sooo effective. *AN-94 two of them, retake flag, rush back to C*"

You and the other GAF dude need to do some defending the flags. It's a problem with you two (and Kennylove69 96 or whatever) rushing to the enemies home flag after we take two, along with the rest of the team and I'm like "NO! THEY CAN TAKE THE MIDDLE/OUR FLAG IF THEY SNEAK BY ME!" It's good to push for the three flags to spawn trap them, but at the same time we need to wait a second or two and make sure they aren't going to attempt to push because we have the majority (2-3 flags) on the map. If we're majority, we just need to hold the middle/two-important (if 4 flag) flags in Conquest and just wait for the bleed. They have to push, which means they have to come to our bases, not the other way around. It's only if they're not pushing or complete morons that it's suddenly okay for everyone and their mom to go to the enemy base, cap it, and spawn trap them.

(Or: Be quick with the caps, but that requires knowing that you guys split up, make sure there is no opposition/enemies near their own bases and speed cap the flags in three seconds. But that might be too advanced/steamrolling for your taste)

I have no idea.
Was getting spot assists all over the place so I didn't keep up which was which.
At one point I spotter 5 guys all at once! :)

kennylove is a buddy from work who just got the game this past week, so he has still a lot to learn. Wouldn't worry about him too much for now. We're first going over the basics and will get into more advanced tactics when the time is right.
I'm already happy he's spotting as much as possible and started dropping ammo crates when needed and such.
He hasn't even played on all the maps yet, so still needs to learn the layouts.

As for not defending B or even 1 on Oasis, I was actually to the side of A for quite a while, but after the initial 100 tickets they just didn't come out as much so it got extremely boring. Which is why I went over to the outskirts of C to see where they were holding up.
Just wanted to get that round over with as quick as possible as they barely did anything to recapture points.
I actually liked that they at one point took over B so we could do something else instead of base camping and go hunt for them in the wild. ;)

As I said before, to me the game gets extremely boring if we can hold them all off at their own base.
Just not fun at all really. Mancunian11 mentioned several times he feels that way as well, which is why we do what we do in those kinds of scenarios.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
OK... funny joke DICE... hahaha... but it's time to fix the huey now.

The current state of things is impossible to understand unless one assumes DICE is just trolling the console community for laughs. I mean, that is the only possible explanation. So fine, you guys have had your fun... maybe it's time we have ours?

Yesterday I played Vietnam with Fersis for 5-10 mins. In that span I killed three helicopters. Twice I did this (mostly) with my pistol. I was also shot down twice... and I'm an exceptional pilot in the Huey.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

So I've repurchased this game for 20€ on zavvi. I'm fully expecting to get slaughtered at this point, but maybe there are some noobish players in the DLC.

I've sold the game out of frustration of the M60 bullshit back in the day. I assume everything is nicely balanced at this point?

meppi said:
As I said before, to me the game gets extremely boring if we can hold them all off at their own base.
Just not fun at all really. Mancunian11 mentioned several times he feels that way as well, which is why we do what we do in those kinds of scenarios.

You'll find the game is magically exciting again when you have to take out the 4-5 guys that sneaked through...while the rest of your team is too far away to do anything.

>.>

Hey, no one likes base camping, but someone gotta do it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
Hey, no one likes base camping,

Speak. For. Yourself.

*listens to bitter tears and ragequits when I speed cap with little to no opposition and sit in a tank outside of their base to "OH NO YOU DON'T" kill them.*

You'll find the game is magically exciting again when you have to take out the 4-5 guys that sneaked through...while the rest of your team is too far away to do anything.

That shit is annoying.

abuC

meppi said:

Try running into a coordinated team, yesterday ejas, crak, dan and I played against a clan + Calion and it was essentially us 4 vs 9 of them. That's really no fun either, the game isn't boring when winning, not to me atleast. If Im not playing with GAF Im always playing with people that know what they're doing, like my old squadmates or Dubbinenglish and his crew.

You want to try something different, do what Memorycure does, play against a team that has 7-10 GAFers and see how it goes :)

TheSeks

abuC said:
You want to try something different, do what Memorycure does, play against a team that has 7-10 GAFers and see how it goes :)

Meppi would go back to KZ2 in that case.

I don't think he knows that I play to win. I don't play to play "back and forth and hope my team knows what their doing." So I think I scare him and the other dutch dude on joining and starting to terrorize the enemy team.

meppi

I don't think going back to KZ2 is an option for me due to how awful the community is.
I loved the game and basically played nothing else online since I got it, but the game is way to imbalanced and the possibilities to glitch/cheat or camp are just to widespread.

They had the chance to fix it with KZ3 but decided to go in the exact opposite direction and welcome all the stat whores who will play as lame as possible to boost a virtual list screen.
Seeing how GG basically ignored most of the (incredibly detailed) feedback that was given by certain people, a couple of which are Gaffers as well, I don't think I'll hand any money over to them again in the foreseeable future.

Doesn't really matter as I think I found a nice home in Battlefield. :)

It's not like I would purposefully throw games because the enemy can't keep up with our team or anything. Far from it.
In such a situation I just wait and hope for better people to join so we can turn the rapefest into an actual battle of skill and cunning.

I fully realize that going against a full GAF squad by ourselves would be more or less suicide.
But I think if we could split up in 2 groups when our numbers get too high, that the games would certainly be a lot more enjoyable.
Unless the object is indeed to demoralize others and just have the quit the game and buy COD instead of getting better and becoming worthwhile players themselves.

abuC

meppi said:
I don't think going back to KZ2 is an option for me due to how awful the community is.
I loved the game and basically played nothing else online since I got it, but the game is way to imbalanced and the possibilities to glitch/cheat or camp are just to widespread.

They had the chance to fix it with KZ3 but decided to go in the exact opposite direction and welcome all the stat whores who will play as lame as possible to boost a virtual list screen.
Seeing how GG basically ignored most of the (incredibly detailed) feedback that was given by certain people, a couple of which are Gaffers as well, I don't think I'll hand any money over to them again in the foreseeable future.

Doesn't really matter as I think I found a nice home in Battlefield. :)

It's not like I would purposefully throw games because the enemy can't keep up with our team or anything. Far from it.
In such a situation I just wait and hope for better people to join so we can turn the rapefest into an actual battle of skill and cunning.

I fully realize that going against a full GAF squad by ourselves would be more or less suicide.
But I think if we could split up in 2 groups when our numbers get too high, that the games would certainly be a lot more enjoyable.
Unless the object is indeed to demoralize others and just have the quit the game and buy COD instead of getting better and becoming worthwhile players themselves.

The problem though is that GAFers aren't the only ones who roll deep in groups of 8-12, eventually playing as just one squad you'll meet up with a clan that has 2-3 squads in the same game. In those situations it becomes really frustrating because the 8 other people on the team are usually useless. There's a reason we all play in the same games with each other, because just one squad of GAFers isn't always enough to turn the tide and outweigh the actions of 8 idiots.

We don't always win, and sometimes we play against other clans, where it's 8-10 of us vs 8-12 of them and those games are great. I love the games that are actual fights because the other team is good, but often times it's only a fight because your teammates are horrible. I played a game once with randoms where I had 11,450 some odd pts, 93 kills and 8 deaths...and we still lost, there's nothing fun about that because I had to do everything.

Evolved1

current platinums said:
3ylBB.jpg

I also have air and heavy vehicle plats... and I'm close on other weapons... but this pic is a good representation of my playstyle.

but I forgot to add the repair tool!!!

Xux

Dreamgazer said:

>.>

I like doing it. You can usually find me staring at an MCom with my ammo box next to me.

I finally got the all bronze weapon insignia last night so I never have to use a bolt action again; it was probably the happiest day of my life. Now I just gotta decide which weapons to Platinum for that insignia. Probably gonna go with F2000 and, I dunno, Tommy Gun or 870.

Yasae

Banned
Dreamgazer said:

>.>

Well.. If you're going to base camp, I hope you admit that it's cheesy and exploitative. I don't really do it because it's more boring than watching paint dry.

The really bad players are the ones that take this cheesy shit seriously. Give me a break.

Blizzard

Banned
Most helpful recent teammate:

Some guy got in the helicopter at the back of our spawn on some really long attack-defend map that has a river and a sandy city. I forget the name. I think you get a forward helicopter spawn if you capture the first or second point, and there's an anti-air at the first point after you go over the hill and down into the defense zone. There's a bridge on the right, just before the defense points.

Anyway, some guy got in the helicopter at the back of our spawn and refused to leave, get out, or fly it. Naturally we knew of no way to harm it with friendly fire, but I guess we eventually got lucky and some admin kicked him with like 3 minutes left in the game. Fun times!

Yasae said:
Well.. If you're going to base camp, I hope you admit that it's cheesy and exploitative. I don't really do it because it's more boring than watching paint dry.

The really bad players are the ones that take this cheesy shit seriously. Give me a break.
joke post?

Blizzard said:
Most helpful recent teammate:

Some guy got in the helicopter at the back of our spawn on some really long attack-defend map that has a river and a sandy city. I forget the name. I think you get a forward helicopter spawn if you capture the first or second point, and there's an anti-air at the first point after you go over the hill and down into the defense zone. There's a bridge on the right, just before the defense points.

Anyway, some guy got in the helicopter at the back of our spawn and refused to leave, get out, or fly it. Naturally we knew of no way to harm it with friendly fire, but I guess we eventually got lucky and some admin kicked him with like 3 minutes left in the game. Fun times!
it's certainly convenient to play with someone who knows the admins of that server

Evolved1

Omg... finally have a good gunner who know how to fire at VADS and the fucking game freezes.

smh

Yasae

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
joke post?
No. It's boring and ruins the game. There are plenty of servers that ban for base rape because guess what? It's boring and ruins the game.

The paradigm shift is when someone thinks it involves skill or it's a legitimate tactic. Mostly it's the teams (i.e. they're stacked,) but it gets really ugly when you're facing off against obvious cheaters.

TheSeks

Faceless said:
joke post?

Gotta be, obviously. Given GAF normally doesn't set out to stack teams and generally the enemy won't bother to attempt to defend their flag to where we roll in, cap it, and then they're locked in their base.

Guess what: 9/10 of the time base rape happens on PS3, it's your teams fault. Either the enemy is organized or your team isn't organized, because there has been times where I can simply walk into Mordor/enemy flag and capture it with little to no resistance because they decide to attempt to capture ours.

Yasae said:
No. It's boring and ruins the game. There are plenty of servers that ban for base rape because guess what? It's boring and ruins the game.

The paradigm shift is when someone thinks it involves skill or it's a legitimate tactic. Mostly it's the teams (i.e. they're stacked,) but it gets really ugly when you're facing off against obvious cheaters.
The best defense, is a great
spawn camping never relenting
offense. If you are letting the other team take an inch of ground, you are doing it wrong.

Yasae

Banned
TheSeks said:
Gotta be, obviously. Given GAF normally doesn't set out to stack teams and generally the enemy won't bother to attempt to defend their flag to where we roll in, cap it, and then they're locked in their base.

Guess what: 9/10 of the time base rape happens on PS3, it's your teams fault. Either the enemy is organized or your team isn't organized, because there has been times where I can simply walk into Mordor/enemy flag and capture it with little to no resistance because they decide to attempt to capture ours.
All I see are excuses, but I understand it will happen either way.

It's a very easy win regardless. You can't debate that.

Yasae

Banned
Darkshier said:
The best defense, is a great
spawn camping never relenting
offense. If you are letting the other team take an inch of ground, you are doing it wrong.
And you always blame the person who really can't win anyway even if they were christ incarnate. I could find teams where all of you lose every single time without fail - none of you are that good.

But no, it all comes back to me and how bad a player I must be.

Yasae said:
And you always blame the person who really can't win anyway even if they were christ incarnate. I could find teams where all of you lose every single time without fail - none of you are that good.

But no, it all comes back to me and how bad a player I must be.
The thing is though, I can just about win everytime in Battlefield, especially when I play with GAFers. My 1181 wins to 172 losses proves that much.

The other night me, Faceless, Bean and the rest of the 360 regulars were getting spawn camped on Vietnam Vantage Point, the way we do it to other people. We ended up arming those crates and winning that match. Not because the other team was cheating or stopped cheating to let us win. It was because we were the better team.

TheSeks

Darkshier said:
The other night me, Faceless, Bean and the rest of the 360 regulars were getting spawn camped on Vietnam Vantage Point, the way we do it to other people. We ended up arming those crates and winning that match. Not because the other team was cheating or stopped cheating to let us win. It was because we were the better team.

Exactly. "BAWWWW SPAWN CAMPING IS CHEATING" is no. It's a tactic. Your team should be ready to defend the first flag you capture in case they speed cap two of the flags. If you aren't ready for that with defense in numbers and you get crushed, then sorry buddy: you lose.

It sucks to be camped, sure, but it's legit. Server admins banning for it sounds like a case of sore behinds because they aren't the ones doing it.

todahawk

So what drama have I missed?

I'm so bummed, prolly won't get to play much until the semester ends. I'm in a huge crunch trying to graduate either end of this semester or summer 1.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
So what drama have I missed?

I'm so bummed, prolly won't get to play much until the semester ends. I'm in a huge crunch trying to graduate either end of this semester or summer 1.

Hmmm... well most drama has come from the stat servers constantly going down and matchmaking issues. Still have the frequent frostbite freezes. Then there was the Vietnam release which some people like and some of us (ME!!!) hate (because of lack of maps and balance issues).

Uhm... the 360 crowd posts more now and Faceless has completely defected to their side -- he is missed but 360 gaf seems like a cool crowd, so ok.

We now have an entire army of PS3 gaf.

Meppi is the newest PS3 gaffer and has been a great addition... really good player.

PC gaf is still going pretty strong it seems and most of them are cool... not too much drama dude. Occasionally shots are fired across platform borders but for the most part everyone is civil.

Most common concern (on all platforms) is how bad gaf rolls people and the other team always quits or refuses to attack which makes servers boring ghost towns.

Oh and apparently it's not cool to destroy people in their spawn... a sentiment I might have agreed with once, but no longer... I haven't any sympathy for these opposing teams since they're so often full of pussies! Fuck all of them. Cowardly recon fucks. Drive the little bitches right into the ground, no fucking mercy if you ask me.

Evolved1

Banning people from a server for winning... smh.

I hate getting spawn camped and despise circle strafers, but I'd never ban a team for doing it. Only way I'd ban someone would be for doing something like the PBR glitch.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Hmmm... well most drama has come from the stat servers constantly going down and matchmaking issues. Still have the frequent frostbite freezes. Then there was the Vietnam release which some people like and some of us (ME!!!) hate (because of lack of maps and balance issues).

Uhm... the 360 crowd posts more now and Faceless has completely defected to their side -- he is missed but 360 gaf seems like a cool crowd, so ok.

We now have an entire army of PS3 gaf.

Meppi is the newest PS3 gaffer and has been a great addition... really good player.

PC gaf is still going pretty strong it seems and most of them are cool... not too much drama dude. Occasionally shots are fired across platform borders but for the most part everyone is civil.

Most common concern (on all platforms) is how bad gaf rolls people and the other team always quits or refuses to attack which makes servers boring ghost towns.

Oh and apparently it's not cool to destroy people in their spawn... a sentiment I might have agreed with once, but no longer... I haven't any sympathy for these opposing teams since they're so often full of pussies! Fuck all of them. Cowardly recon fucks. Drive the little bitches right into the ground, no fucking mercy if you ask me.

Cool, thx for the update. Yeah, I lurk in here once in awhile and see tons of new names. Can't believe how much PS3 gaf is growing... i'm guessing the community will still be around and strong when i'm done with grad school. :)

Foil

Once again I can't connect to any fucking games on PS3. Between that, the stats not working, unlocks not showing up, and the teams almost always having huge unbalance this game is pissing me off to no end... yet I keep playing.

Great stuff last night. I ended up alone with two other people against a near full team who did nothing but spawn camp us for multiple matches in a row. It got to the point where I was the only one on my team against 8 other people and the fucking game would spawn me over and over in the same two spots that they all basically circled around with tanks, UAV's, and troops. I bet they were just having a blast, how, I'll never know. Funny that I ended up outscoring them all in points and going 27/27 when I'd just spawn, shoot rounds off quickly, and be killed within a few seconds over and over.

Hey atleast I didn't quit the game. I made sure to try and piss them off as much as possible until it ended.

in the EA server contract TOS, server administrators are allowed for making rules against uncap attacks. this is just about the only thing outside of glitching or hacking that BF2 server admins could legally enforce rules, seeing as limiting weapons or vehicles is strictly against the TOS (ie: knife and pistol servers)

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
ive banned hundreds of people over base-rape and other unethical tactics during my time as a bf2 admin

Sound a little butthurt, Cuban. Base-rape within reason is fine. I don't go/set out to base rape people. I set out to make it hard for them to attack in Rush and I generally take two flags in speed to start bleeding them in Conquest. If they aren't going to attack or attempt to defend their flag, I'm going to run over them. Screw waiting around and having them sit around sniping.

As far as other unethical behavor, glitching bans is fine. Cheating/wallhax bans is fine. But if the other team is winning within reasonable ways, and you're banning them: butthurt and trollface.jpg because we were the winners.

Yasae said:

lol
...I think everyone read my post wrong.
I meant camping your own base on defense >.>

yeah, that's why i made the "joke post" comment... i was like "wtf, guarding your own base is wrong?"
It's all about pushing up to the front lines, getting in the shit and getting your hands dirty.

Exerpt from an Xbox live conversation with Faceless as we're spawn raping a team on Vantage Point Conquest with a tank (We're NVA):

(Paraphrased)
Me: Ok, so if you were on that team how would you work your way out of this situation? Without smoke grenades it seems impossible.

Faceless: Well, I would first press 'start' and then quit the game.

LOL

bean breath said:
It's all about pushing up to the front lines, getting in the shit and getting your hands dirty.

Exerpt from an Xbox live conversation with Faceless as we're spawn raping a team on Vantage Point Conquest with a tank (We're NVA):

(Paraphrased)
Me: Ok, so if you were on that team how would you work your way out of this situation? Without smoke grenades it seems impossible.

Faceless: Well, I would first press 'start' and then quit the game.

LOL
:lol :lol :lol

i mean seriously, what should we do, back off and let them cap C? it's around 100 yards from their spawn!

Cuban, what's that like on PC? especially Vantage point where the uncap spawns are so close to A/C? where is the line drawn?

:lol :lol :lol

i mean seriously, what should we do, back off and let them cap C? it's around 100 yards from their spawn!

Cuban, what's that like on PC? especially Vantage point where the uncap spawns are so close to A/C? where is the line drawn?
Most servers I have been on don't have rules for waiting outside their base to kill them as they exit, but discourage people from siting in the base spawn killing. A lot of times I'll go sabotage/steal vehicles while killing people waiting for the helis, and never get kicked our banned (maybe I need to do it to an admin I guess).

Mr Sandman said:
Most servers I have been on don't have rules for waiting outside their base to kill them as they exit, but discourage people from siting in the base spawn killing. A lot of times I'll go sabotage/steal vehicles while killing people waiting for the helis, and never get kicked our banned (maybe I need to do it to an admin I guess).
yea, a few times i've been really bad and had a tank behind the enemy base, shooting the crap out of them. usually on the 2nd set on Port Valdez after the other team C4 UAV'd the first set of crates.

abuC

PS3 GAF missed out on some "Big boy" games tonight, 14 level 50's in the same game, 8 on our side, 6 on their side and there were a bunch of 47-49 ranked people. It was just 4 GAFers (Jtrizzy, Dream, Memorcy) tonight and some of my friends who were all level 50. Balanced games for the most part, grind it out moments too.

Memorycure, just a little tip with driving vehicles, if you come up on water always shoot at the ground as you're driving. Most of the good players throw their mines in the water so you can't see them.

abuC said:
Memorycure, just a little tip with driving vehicles, if you come up on water always shoot at the ground as you're driving. Most of the good players throw their mines in the water so you can't see them.

Tip#2: pay attention to your mini map. I have V-elec, so you should have seen that tank-mine.

Joined up with ogre's game afterward...absolutely horrible.
Got ACE (got I hate you ACE pin, it's almost never good when I get you.) and armed over 4 m-coms, but got knifed 3 times by this LightWeight-knife-maniac (he knifed me at the m-com and then ran away leaving it armed.)

Ogre, if you're reading this - it's great that you're in a tank and all, but tell one of your buddies to get out and arm the freaking thing. I shouldn't need to rush in when a tank and 6 other people are just staring at the thing.

I don't play past 4 hours so I took a break and went on a couple of minutes for a bit of LBP and logged off. Good to see you guys having a great game though.

Sometimes even I a tank driver will hop off to arm if I have somebody in the passenger seat.

Dreamgazer said:
Tip#2: pay attention to your mini map. I have V-elec, so you should have seen that tank-mine.

rrrroger that. I didn't even know you were in my tank and I do pay attention to my mini map, I assumed I cleared the remaining mines ahead of me, hence why I attempted to cross the water and unintentionally got cozy with the tankmine lying in wait.

I didn't see any mines nearby, so I crossed.

Christ, a guy can't even hit a mine here and there without getting a scolding? LOL

Edit: Didn't know about the v-elect, damn. I always go for armor by default, I guess it's time to mix it up.

We PS3 gaf are very strict on each other. Tough love as they say. Well I'm not strict, but I'm very verbal when team gaf is playing like shit because I know they can do better then that. Like when all of them is sitting in one spot instead of pushing up, that causes the enemy to push up more and making a tight border.

There was only a couple of times that gaf played like shit with over 5 guys probably around 4-5 times. That's not much at least.

Top Bottom