• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84 said:
Unless there was some sort of update the Vietnam maps only support Rush and Conquest modes.
And operation hastings conquest might be the best map in Vietnam but overall I think Panama canal conquest is the best map in the entire game ;)
all the Vietnam maps support Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush and Squad DM.

i've played every mode on every map. more than once!

Phu Bai Valley SDM has a Huey instead of a M48 and Cao Son Temple has a PBR. I don't remember if Hill 137 had a PBR or a M48 in SDM, i think it was a PBR, but i'm not 100% sure.

i also have a list of what maps/modes are unsupported.

CQ Valparaiso
CQ Isla Inocentes
CQ Cold War

RUSH Panama Canal
RUSH Laguna Alta
RUSH Heavy Metal

SR Arica Harbor
SR Isla Inocentes
SR White Pass
SR Nelson Bay
SR Heavy Metal

SDM Port Valdez
SDM Atacama Desert
SDM Valparaiso
SDM Laguna Alta

in a related note, Heavy Metal Squad DM is awesome!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
Unless there was some sort of update the Vietnam maps only support Rush and Conquest modes.
And operation hastings conquest might be the best map in Vietnam but overall I think Panama canal conquest is the best map in the entire game ;)
Nope.
Vietnam supports Rush,Conquest,Squad DM and Squad Rush.
Ive played some DM matches.

Raide

Thanks all. I just picked up 1200 points from my local GAME and I am installing BC2 to the HDD now. Will be downloading Vietnam shortly! (360)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Good games, Cal. Sorry, but you joined me on Vietnam when I was like "well, I want to base rape the other team at the top of Vantage Point" so we do that then you join on attack and it's basically roll after roll. 3 aces me, 1 ace you or there about. :p

That Temple first set defense pissed me off. I get shot in the back after noticing two dudes dead and I'm facing north from them trying to see if there was a revive dude (DICE: Revive markers need to be brighter or different color from your scheme. Thank you, deaf me.) there. There wasn't. NO ONE WAS NEAR B DESPITE THE FACT I BLEW THE CRATE TWICE TO GET ALL THE BUILDING AWAY. ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH. Made it my mission to hold B second set and we miraculously did.

Hate randoms. Hate randoms. Hate randoms. The two on our squad were USELESS AS SPAWN POINTS. Being all the way out in the map or spawn on them and they have the PBR firing on them. Bail, they bail, die, I die because I'm no where near cover. SMH.

abuC

TheSeks said:
Good games, Cal. Sorry, but you joined me on Vietnam when I was like "well, I want to base rape the other team at the top of Vantage Point" so we do that then you join on attack and it's basically roll after roll. 3 aces me, 1 ace you or there about. :p

That Temple first set defense pissed me off. I get shot in the back after noticing two dudes dead and I'm facing north from them trying to see if there was a revive dude (DICE: Revive markers need to be brighter or different color from your scheme. Thank you, deaf me.) there. There wasn't. NO ONE WAS NEAR B DESPITE THE FACT I BLEW THE CRATE TWICE TO GET ALL THE BUILDING AWAY. ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH. Made it my mission to hold B second set and we miraculously did.

Hate randoms. Hate randoms. Hate randoms. The two on our squad were USELESS AS SPAWN POINTS. Being all the way out in the map or spawn on them and they have the PBR firing on them. Bail, they bail, die, I die because I'm no where near cover. SMH.

Good thing you left that game earlier, I think you would have thrown your PS3 out the window playing against that clan. They did just about everything you hate, except they did it exceptionally well, tank sniping and especially circle strafing.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Good thing you left that game earlier, I think you would have thrown your PS3 out the window playing against that clan. They did just about everything you hate, except they did it exceptionally well, tank sniping and especially circle strafing.

I saw a bunch of level 50's and they were sitting in their spawn and I'm like "Oh, boy..."

I dunno what the hell is going on, but I keep running into "Boricuas_Rules_#" where # is 0/1/2/3/9 or there about. WTF is this id meaning and WTF is it popular for.

abuC

TheSeks said:
I saw a bunch of level 50's and they were sitting in their spawn and I'm like "Oh, boy..."

I dunno what the hell is going on, but I keep running into "Boricuas_Rules_#" where # is 0/1/2/3/9 or there about. WTF is this id meaning and WTF is it popular for.

The other clan were people I used to play with too, the "LoUcKs" clan, so when I joined that game and saw them and then the MKS clan I knew we were in trouble. At the start it was the LoUcKS clan and MKS, then later on it was about 9 MKS guys to our 4 or 5. They beat the shit out of us in any game with helicopters, and then when we attacked some clown on our team kept running to the Helicopter and crashing it within 10 seconds. They were really organized, pretty much only traveled in packs and clearly had mics with how they could find out where you were ASAP if you killed one of them.

Haha, Boricua = Puerto Rican, probably just some Puerto Rican dudes who want to rep where they are from. Just like all those guys with "KSA" in their names (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).

Calion

TheSeks said:

Good games indeed. That 1st set pissed me the fuck off as well. We drained them to 1-3 tickets left, the m-com is armed, and it just goes off. As soon as I heard the 10-second warning sound go off, and no one was around...I was immediately thinking "Fuuuccckkk".

We were certainly more stricter the 2nd set. They weren't nearly as overwhelming. Great games.

TheSeks

Cold War: Failure. 6-9 death for every kill I made. Stupid level 50's rushing as soon as the round starts (good for them, bad for me) and can shoot them, only for DICE's servers to choose their shitty shotgun [WHY THE FUCK DOES THEIR SHOTGUNS WORK AND MINE DON'T!? >:|] wins the dice roll [har har puns] over mine. And then obvious lag when I move, get locked and die in a firefight to the same dude.

Too intense and annoying in lag for me. And as soon as Oasis showed up and I'm like "yeah, that's my limit. Back to Vietnam where I can take down helicopters in seconds instead of praying to god they suck for me."

Abu said:

I only noticed the [MDK]/[MK] (Murder Death Kill? Mortal Kombat?) clans. I didn't notice the clan you're talking about. *shrug*

Keep being put into small games or games where the attacking/my team don't know shit. Stupid. :|

"sonosaurs" is a fucking moron that needs to GTFO. Fucking moron sitting there sniping and failing at it all damn game. Morons. Morons everywhere.

Foil

Every single night this week on PS3 has been filled with "Can't find any games, haha, sorry, thanks for your money bro". Can they not fix this crap? How long has this been going on?

Only a few times can I actually connect to games, and last night I made the mistake of being matched up on a random team against a bunch of Japanese players who must be robots built to do nothing but play this game. Spawn camped, helicopter circling us killing everything, obviously they take out the one pathetic AA gun on Oasis before it can bring them down, ugh. I never want to play against them again. Ever. Didn't help three guys on our team did nothing but blow up all our vehicles over and over for... some reason.

I'll give that team credit though, they were good. They used everything as well as it could be used. Sadly though they used any and every exploit the game has. A true and total ass kicking was had, and I stayed around for multiple rounds of it. I swear to god they're robots.

Calion

Excellent piloting as always reckless. Sorry I didn't see the guy on Atacama by the cactus. I thought you said "canvas". XD

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Calion82v said:
Excellent piloting as always reckless. Sorry I didn't see the guy on Atacama by the cactus. I thought you said "canvas". XD

It's hilarious when you're gunner because you drop everything that moves. I'll often be flying at a bad angle and think "Hmm better move to give him a cleaner shot" and always right when I'm in the middle of a tight bank, before I even have a chance to come back around, you will drop the guy. lol.

I don't know how you do that.

Also... cactus guy was highlight of the night. Got to see him smoke Dan ahaha.

TheSeks said:
Cold War: Failure. 6-9 death for every kill I made. Stupid level 50's rushing as soon as the round starts (good for them, bad for me) and can shoot them, only for DICE's servers to choose their shitty shotgun [WHY THE FUCK DOES THEIR SHOTGUNS WORK AND MINE DON'T!? >:|] wins the dice roll [har har puns] over mine. And then obvious lag when I move, get locked and die in a firefight to the same dude.

Too intense and annoying in lag for me. And as soon as Oasis showed up and I'm like "yeah, that's my limit. Back to Vietnam where I can take down helicopters in seconds instead of praying to god they suck for me."

I only noticed the [MDK]/[MK] (Murder Death Kill? Mortal Kombat?) clans. I didn't notice the clan you're talking about. *shrug*

Keep being put into small games or games where the attacking/my team don't know shit. Stupid. :|

"sonosaurs" is a fucking moron that needs to GTFO. Fucking moron sitting there sniping and failing at it all damn game. Morons. Morons everywhere.
The amounts of Rambos they had was staggering. I was either getting lit up from all directions or getting mortared from hell to back.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
The amounts of Rambos they had was staggering. I was either getting lit up from all directions or getting mortared from hell to back.

I have to give them props. They were the first team to be an actual dangerous threat for GAF. Like, really really on the ball and getting down the hill before we could get rolling fast. I spawn C4 Assault ready to chop trees and terrorize and they're down the hill near A already. I'm like "Jesus Christ, they're fast."

Outside that team Meppi, the Dutch Dude, and myself did, they're the first team to actually be on the ball in Cold War. Crazy.

Evolved1

In BC1 there was only a single map I didn't like.

In BC2 there are so many maps I don't like.

In Vietnam there's only a single map I do like.

This is a trend I do not like. :/

I wish we could somehow just play BC1 maps... I would pay...

Calion

recklessmind said:
It's hilarious when you're gunner because you drop everything that moves. I'll often be flying at a bad angle and think "Hmm better move to give him a cleaner shot" and always right when I'm in the middle of a tight bank, before I even have a chance to come back around, you will drop the guy. lol.

I don't know how you do that.

Also... cactus guy was highlight of the night. Got to see him smoke Dan ahaha.

Ah thank you. I'm always with V Warhead and that usually helps spice things up. I always love gunning with you, abuC, or Seks piloting. (Haven't gunned with JM yet...)

I must have stared at my TV intently trying to find cactus guy for like 30 seconds. Dan hops out, and 10 seconds later keeps peppered. I admittedly chuckled, but felt guilty at the same time. (And I still didn't see where his bullets were coming from) That Isla game was incredible as well.

abuC

TheSeks said:
No, there was [MK] and [MDK] in that game.

It was Mks, played against them for about 6 rounds, they only beat us once when attacking, but it was a thorough beating.

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
Ah thank you. I'm always with V Warhead and that usually helps spice things up. I always love gunning with you, abuC, or Seks piloting. (Haven't gunned with JM yet...)

I must have stared at my TV intently trying to find cactus guy for like 30 seconds. Dan hops out, and 10 seconds later keeps peppered. I admittedly chuckled, but felt guilty at the same time. (And I still didn't see where his bullets were coming from) That Isla game was incredible as well.

After I had been trying to tell you guys where he was, and Dan got gunned down right in front of us... I hit select and it spotted him lol. hahaha so funny. I'm like, "Guys! He's right ther... oh". I've never been able to spot before as the pilot, so that was pretty funny. I wonder if maybe it was just you hitting select at the same time.

Far as Isla, yeah that was fun piloting... I enjoy flying the blackhawk and those guys weren't playing engineer apparently because there was little rocket resistance. Only trouble was the mounted guns and you took those out real quick (you wouldn't believe how many people get me killed because they can't or wont hit those) so it was fish in a barrel. The rocket that eventually dropped us was such bullshit because I popped flares as I always do... just glitchy for some reason. Happens occasionally that the flares don't work. Maybe it was an AT4. Honestly at the angle I was flying I never saw it.

Oh well... still pretty good run. Did you get the 2.0 on that building? I was hoping the other BH gunner didn't take it since you did most of the work dropping the walls.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
In BC1 there was only a single map I didn't like.

In BC2 there are so many maps I don't like.

In Vietnam there's only a single map I do like.

This is a trend I do not like. :/

Really, and honestly, the only map I would pay money for to be converted to BC2 and beyond is Deconstruction. I love and play the hell out of that map everytime I play BC1. It's the first map I go to if given the chance. All the other maps are passable, but that's the one that will always hold a special place in my heart. Probably because it has choke points like BC2's at the start of attacking spawn (tank way up or infantry meat grinder. The bridge or under it meatgrinder if not careful. Last set through cover or through the water meat grinder in the open).

As far as Bad Company 2: I hate Atacama (mostly because of strafers and mostly because HDR/Bloom screws up sniper rifles which makes it REALLY HARD to snipe in that map). The others I'm mostly okay or really fond of. Yes, that includes White Pass Rush. I love playing defense on that map with a good team. It requires really REALLY TIGHT TEAMWORK to keep the attackers from rolling through it in minutes.

Vietnam: I don't mind any of the maps, but I don't really like Hastings. Too close together back-to-back-to-back on Rush and Conquest's version isn't too great as it feels really small for all the vehicles there.

or Seks piloting.

I really have no clue why you put me up there man. I do shitty figure eights in the attack choppers and just hope to not get shot down. lol

JM and Abu are the best pilots. Abu strafes and JM can strafe and do a good job making sure the gunner can keep gunning without being locked too much.

Apparently Irish/BrokenOath is really good as well, but he's not played BC2 since the closed Beta IIRC what Faceless said. I should get into UC2's GAF chatroom on the PS3 and hassle him about it.

Calion

recklessmind said:
After I had been trying to tell you guys where he was, and Dan got gunned down right in front of us... I hit select and it spotted him lol. hahaha so funny. I'm like, "Guys! He's right ther... oh". I've never been able to spot before as the pilot, so that was pretty funny. I wonder if maybe it was just you hitting select at the same time.

It might have been. As soon as I clearly understood "Cactus", I looked around that area and finally saw him. Cactus guy must have been shitting his pants the entire time out of anxiety of when he was going to die. Haha.

recklessmind said:
Far as Isla, yeah that was fun piloting... I enjoy flying the blackhawk and those guys weren't playing engineer apparently because there was little rocket resistance. Only trouble was the mounted guns and you took those out real quick (you wouldn't believe how many people get me killed because they can't or wont hit those) so it was fish in a barrel. The rocket that eventually dropped us was such bullshit because I popped flares as I always do... just glitchy for some reason. Happens occasionally that the flares don't work. Maybe it was an AT4. Honestly at the angle I was flying I never saw it.

Oh well... still pretty good run. Did you get the 2.0 on that building? I was hoping the other BH gunner didn't take it since you did most of the work dropping the walls.

Yeah, the first time we elevated and had the island in view, I couldn't see where the bullets were coming from that was peppering us. The second time around, I saw the gunner right away and took him out. You gave me some great views to lay fire down below.

I never saw the rocket coming either. I assumed you ejected flares, but was baffled how it got to us. Oh well. And yes, I got the 2.0 on that crate. I didn't kill anyone inside, but still got it. :D

WgN7N.jpg

He Mad.

abuC

TheSeks said:
JM and Abu are the best pilots. Abu strafes and JM can strafe and do a good job making sure the gunner can keep gunning without being locked too much.

Apparently Irish/BrokenOath is really good as well, but he's not played BC2 since the closed Beta IIRC what Faceless said. I should get into UC2's GAF chatroom on the PS3 and hassle him about it.

Dubbinenglish is pretty good too, played a few times where one of us had the Apache and the other stole the Hind, tandem strafing!

TheSeks

Darkshier said:
http://i.imgur.com/WgN7N.jpg
He Mad.

HE BUTTHURT?

UMP only though, guy? Really? :p Can't stand the UMP, but if it works with you and 360GAF...

(Really, guys, removing ]img[ ]/img[ in your quotes is hard?)

Dubbinenglish is pretty good too, played a few times where one of us had the Apache and the other stole the Hind, tandem strafing!

Dubbed is pretty rare in GAF games. I've played with him and seen him fly on the other team (much to my dismay and anger) but I haven't flew with him to be honest so I can't say.

Honestly, though, I'm no where near You/Dubbed or JM's level. I can fly the thing. But I can't put it to the excellent use you guys do. I can keep someone like Calion in kills on shitty teams. But against level 50's? Forget about it, I have to have your level of skills for that, which I don't have. :lol

Sidenote, I propose a PS3 private match, rocket launchers only.

Only if I can use Senor Carl of el Gustav. MUY BUENO!
Me fail Spanish? UNPOSSIBLE! And no, I won't do private matches. I'd get destroyed by you. :p

abuC

TheSeks said:
Dubbed is pretty rare in GAF games. I've played with him and seen him fly on the other team (much to my dismay and anger) but I haven't flew with him to be honest so I can't say.

I play with him and his PnR crew sometimes, he's good at flying from what I've seen and his friend Silence is all around a very good player.

Honestly, though, I'm no where near You/Dubbed or JM's level. I can fly the thing. But I can't put it to the excellent use you guys do. I can keep someone like Calion in kills on shitty teams. But against level 50's? Forget about it, I have to have your level of skills for that, which I don't have. :lol

Practice makes perfect, and I really don't fly that much, to be honest I prefer the tanks to flying. Sometimes Im in the mood to fly, other times Im not, for the most part I feel cheated cause I practiced so much to learn how to fly and weave low to the ground in BC1 only to have the dynamics changed kind of has me "eh" on flying.

Only if I can use Senor Carl of el Gustav. MUY BUENO!
Me fail Spanish? UNPOSSIBLE! And no, I won't do private matches. I'd get destroyed by you. :p

Haha, it would only be for fun, rockets or knives only on a map like Cold War would be hilarious.

TheSeks

abuC said:
I play with him and his PnR crew sometimes, he's good at flying from what I've seen and his friend Silence is all around a very good player.

I've seen him and Silenced on Oasis circling second set and making sure out defense chopper wouldn't get up. Very scary.

Practice makes perfect, and I really don't fly that much, to be honest I prefer the tanks to flying. Sometimes Im in the mood to fly, other times Im not, for the most part I feel cheated cause I practiced so much to learn how to fly and weave low to the ground in BC1 only to have the dynamics changed kind of has me "eh" on flying.

Better at it than I ever will be, honestly, dude. You should fly if no one is doing it at the start to save my sanity from shitty public people.

However, at least I can fly it compared to BC1. (Which I guess I should put more time into the "training mission"/helicopter level to learn the BC1 nuances) So, that's a start.

Haha, it would only be for fun, rockets or knives only on a map like Cold War would be hilarious.

If it's rockets and knives only, I suggest making it no perks as well. 3 rockets, no insane splash damage from Senor Gustav, final destination.

Edit: Also that dude is so very mad. Stats are all over the place and he doesn't even use the variety of gadgets. Someof them are only 7 seconds held which is LOL WUT as he must die on spawn with them and never picked them again.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dude thinks a clan with different weapons is nice, when he barely has any positive WLR. He's so very mad, man.

Speaking of stats, I just noticed that Statsverse has graphs now.

HOLY SHIT my WLR has jumped hugely with GAF (and some randoms that are decent and know what the fuck they're doing), Wins has a gap the size of the Grand Canon between it and Losses. LOL WUT.

Also you can chart my abuse and use for score and unlocks class primary selections/go-to classes for the life of the game. Medic->25% console damage nerf gone->Engineer->nerfed->Assault with Magnum Ammo hypocrite as I'm a self-hating player 24/7 from then on. hahahahahaha. I should see Faceless' PS3 class selection progress just for giggles.

TheSeks said:
HE BUTTHURT?

UMP only though, guy? Really? :p Can't stand the UMP, but if it works with you and 360GAF...
I usually never play as an engineer. We were just bored and tossing at mines under our tanks to see how far we could launch them. Usually I am an AK 74 Krinkov kinda guy.

That guy was pretty butthurt though. Sent me a few voice messages to me and others on the team as well as that text message. He just couldn't stand getting worked on Atacama Desert. The funniest part was him accusing us as playing as a clan, that all rushes the crates together. So funny.

That Marcus Fenix avatar is fitting for his personality and also his gamertag. He's probably some kid or somebody who needs to mature a bit more.

I'm immature as well when it comes to online, but not that immature.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Why are you guys not using the [GAF] tag anymore?

Fersis said:
It'll less likely to make the other team quit if they don't. Well there is 3 factors to that though.

1. High level which we all are mostly.
2. Whooping their asses.
3. Would be the tags. Who wouldn't be intimidated if they seen 8 GAF tags on one team?

olimpia84

Last night was "clan night" I guess. First those Loqust dudes who beat us on nearly every game, then the [MKs] clan where we improved and then [51] which we controlled except for that one Cold War match we were attacking.

For the loqust matches I wonder what would have happened if we had the same number of gaffers as they did with their members.

Evolved1

You need a million points to go from 49 to 50?

L.O.L.

Not gonna happen for me... ever.

Fersis said:
they think it will make people stop quitting (it won't) people can see when the other team is using teamwork.

recklessmind said:
You need a million points to go from 49 to 50?

L.O.L.

Not gonna happen for me... ever.
it's 300k, same as 46-47 and 47-48 (48-49 is 200k)

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
they think it will make people stop quitting (it won't) people can see when the other team is using teamwork.

it's 300k, same as 46-47 and 47-48 (48-49 is 200k)

Oh... I must have misinterpreted the info at statverse.

Hey meppi, my shit was lagging so bad on that Oasis map. Had to try resetting my router. Everything was warping around... I think I ran through the same doorway four times. Not good.

TheSeks

Fersis said:

Faceless said:
they think it will make people stop quitting (it won't)

IAWTC. Outside of level 50 clantards like last night, most anyone will quit our games with or without the tag. Just honestly slap it back on. It doesn't change anything.

TheSeks

DenogginizerOS said:
Anyone here regularly on PSN? I need a couple of reliable squad mates.

Uh, most everyone in this thread with exceptions is on PSN, duder.

TheSeks

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. Anyone here that I have played with before interested in playing EST in the evenings?

If you're playing in the Evening, you're playing with most of GAF's times.

Just add Evolved1 and Dreamgazer, they're the two that are the "GAF BC2" PSN friendlists. :p

meppi

recklessmind said:
Oh... I must have misinterpreted the info at statverse.

Hey meppi, my shit was lagging so bad on that Oasis map. Had to try resetting my router. Everything was warping around... I think I ran through the same doorway four times. Not good.

Now that you say, I had several bugs as well today.

Twice the sound crapped out so I had to restart. Got the "can't find any games" error.
Had my game freeze when I finally found a team that wasn't composed of 6 snipers.
And has those "I went through this door already so I should be inside the house" lagging rounds as well. Not just in that game, but the one after it on another server was even worse.

Thought you would just change servers, which is why I said I would follow. Misunderstood that a bit. ;)

edit. oh everything is CET btw.
The problem with me being on on weird hours sometimes, is that I work in shifts, so when I have the late shift I nearly always play from 10PM till almost 1AM.
Early shift would be 2PM-6PM but not every day and certainly not 4 hours long.
Then there's the night shift which would probably be between 6PM and 8.30PM, but again, not every day.
The one day I should be on always is Friday night from 10PM till 1AM.
Sundays depend on which shift I have next and Fridays depends on me wanting to watch a movie or not. ;)

Top Bottom