• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Calion

TheSeks said:
I really have no clue why you put me up there man. I do shitty figure eights in the attack choppers and just hope to not get shot down. lol

Because you don't freak out when hit with VADS, know how to evade and land when shot, and know how to fly. Besides, I always try to take out the VADS first when gunning, so that's one less thing to worry about.

TheSeks said:
JM and Abu are the best pilots. Abu strafes and JM can strafe and do a good job making sure the gunner can keep gunning without being locked too much.

Apparently Irish/BrokenOath is really good as well, but he's not played BC2 since the closed Beta IIRC what Faceless said. I should get into UC2's GAF chatroom on the PS3 and hassle him about it.

Oh UC2. That game was phenomenal until that goddamn patch that changed everything. I remember Irish being one of the many haters of that patch, but still played anyway after it was updated.

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. Anyone here that I have played with before interested in playing EST in the evenings?

The PS3 players sign up list is here .

The full player list can be viewed here.

As usual, don't expect anyone to add you unless you add them with an indication that you're from GAF.

Regular 8PM-?AM EST players are:
Dreamgazer, abuC, evolved, dantheman,calion, "You'll know if I show up", crackatak, ejas, JJD, Memorycure, MassaBR.

Many other players also play at this time slot but hasn't been appearing as much.

rockscar2, fersis and meppi tend to play at earlier time slots, (12-5pm est), so you'll see them more on the weekend for us EST people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Calion82v said:
Because you don't freak out when hit with VADS, know how to evade and land when shot, and know how to fly. Besides, I always try to take out the VADS first when gunning, so that's one less thing to worry about.

I don't freak out because I have the "going down with the ship" mentality. :p

Oh UC2. That game was phenomenal until that goddamn patch that changed everything. I remember Irish being one of the many haters of that patch, but still played anyway after it was updated.

Yeah. 1.05 is terrible and ND not reverting leaves bad signs about UC3. As does the wallhax perk and general camping shotgun douches of the community.

Nothing but 12 year olds playing it anymore. I dunno why Irish continues to play it, but I played it until I had all the perks just in case ND reverts back to 1.00-1.04 (AKA: The golden year) or if there's a cash bonus for all the perks in UC3 like there is the UC1 save file in UC2.

Those were a couple interesting matches Evolved1. Lag/studder-fest, I bailed and reconnected. Our team was horrible anyway... (not including our squad)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Those were a couple interesting matches Evolved1. Lag/studder-fest, I bailed and reconnected. Our team was horrible anyway... (not including our squad)

Yeah I'm still getting lag and my game eventually froze... the team we were playing with was pretty bad. I don't mind being on a team with people who aren't that great (I mean someone's k/d, SPM, or whatever means nothing to me) but at least try to get the objective.

Just try, and then everything is cool. But being a recon who won't leave the spawn is not trying. And that's the kind of losers (literally) we were playing with.

olimpia84 said:
servers down?
I think so. Can't log in to EA servers.

Edit:Can't log onto their website either. And I notice I have an issue here. I have 2 EA accounts. One with my PSN attached, and one with my Live attached. Now what is the issue? I bought BC1 for my Ps3, thus meaning I can't unlock that WWII gun. I tried linking my LIve with my PSN one but it says it's taken. Thing is I never even made an account on my 360. It did it for me. So dumb. :/

Edit x2: Mine's working now.

TheSeks

Game2Death said:
Edit:Can't log onto their website either. And I notice I have an issue here. I have 2 EA accounts. One with my PSN attached, and one with my Live attached. Now what is the issue? I bought BC1 for my Ps3, thus meaning I can't unlock that WWII gun. I tried linking my LIve with my PSN one but it says it's taken. Thing is I never even made an account on my 360. It did it for me. So dumb. :/

Yes. EA's handling of XBL/PSN accounts and not letting you merge into one EA.com account is fucking stupid. :|

TheSeks said:
Yes. EA's handling of XBL/PSN accounts and not letting you merge into one EA.com account is fucking stupid. :|
And then I posted on their forum asking about it, and how to switch. I got an automated response from an admin saying basically saying "go here to link them". Didn't work. Next "change your e-mail to your live account one". Can't e-mail is taken. It's like they didn't even read my post.

TheSeks

Because they didn't. You and everyone have bitched about it, EA.com says "deal with it.gif we aren't doing shit. LOLOLOLOL"

So you're XBL and PSN are going to be seperate forever now. :/

Calion

TheSeks said:
I don't freak out because I have the "going down with the ship" mentality. :p
Well, that's another reason why you're a good pilot. :p
Yeah. 1.05 is terrible and ND not reverting leaves bad signs about UC3. As does the wallhax perk and general camping shotgun douches of the community.

Nothing but 12 year olds playing it anymore. I dunno why Irish continues to play it, but I played it until I had all the perks just in case ND reverts back to 1.00-1.04 (AKA: The golden year) or if there's a cash bonus for all the perks in UC3 like there is the UC1 save file in UC2.

That game was near perfect before that fucking patch. After? I could only play for a week or two before giving up in disgust.

I suspected that the community was dying after I heard that they fucked it up some more. (More ranks, pathetic spawns, wretched netcode, etc.) 1.00-1.04 was the golden year. I hope ND learned their lesson and won't mess up UC3. Their argument for not rolling back to 1.04 is that they didn't want to do a "complete rollback" (lol wut?). Ugh.

TheSeks said:
Because they didn't. You and everyone have bitched about it, EA.com says "deal with it.gif we aren't doing shit. LOLOLOLOL"

So you're XBL and PSN are going to be seperate forever now. :/
I guess I kind of understand why they did their EA account thing. But then again I don't.

-First, why did playing BC2 make me an account right away? Why did it not ask me if I had one?
-Second, why can I not un-link something from one account and link it with another?
-Third, now because of this they are saying to buy ANOTHER battlefield game to unlock what I currently should have just because they are on separate platforms.
-Fourth, why does this thread seem deader since it's on the community tab. :p

TheSeks

Game2Death said:
I guess I kind of understand why they did their EA account thing. But then again I don't.

-First, why did playing BC2 make me an account right away? Why did it not ask me if I had one?
-Second, why can I not un-link something from one account and link it with another?
-Third, now because of this they are saying to buy ANOTHER battlefield game to unlock what I currently should have just because they are on separate platforms.

The first is because it's an automated process on XBL. It generally will create an account based on the gamertag's e-mail address to avoid this. The second is because EA.com won't do it, and that's the question EVERYONE has asked. WHY NOT!?

-Fourth, why does this thread seem deader since it's on the community tab. :p

Because no one checks the Community Ghetto. But apparently the mods are finally getting their asses into gear and putting old |OT|/active "communities" here. Maybe it'll pick up.

Well, that's another reason why you're a good pilot. :p

*get hit with a rocket*
Cal: BYE SEKS! *jumps out*
(1HP left, grits teeth and lands it)
"I had it dude, WTF. :/"

Their argument for not rolling back to 1.04 is that they didn't want to do a "complete rollback"

More like "we don't care, DEALWITHIT.gif NERDS" which left a sour taste in my mouth toward them.

TheSeks

Cal: How many kills did you get with my crappy strafe attempts? I got 1 in the chopper and only 1. (Kill: 1 Death: 0 KDR: 1.00) and got Ace through repairing our chopper that we held from start to the end.

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

:lol

I accidentally hit the dude flying the stolen chopper of theirs (probably helping to kill/damage him. Sorry duder!) when I was trying to get your attention on the anti-airs by flying over/trying to strafe hit them. A few close calls, but you stood by me while I gritted my teeth to GTFO and repair.

Edit: And I was trying to get you to switch to Engineer at the start as generally I go recon to take out the VADS real fast before I get in the chopper to make sure it isn't going to bother us for a good few minutes to get over the base and start to cover it.

Also I generally orientate myself toward the anti-airs first to make sure they're taken out before I bother with tanks or other stuff as they aren't the main priority as the anti-air is.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Cal: How many kills did you get with my crappy strafe attempts? I got 1 in the chopper and only 1. (Kill: 1 Death: 0 KDR: 1.00) and got Ace through repairing our chopper that we held from start to the end.

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

:lol

I accidentally hit the dude flying the stolen chopper of theirs (probably helping to kill/damage him. Sorry duder!) when I was trying to get your attention on the anti-airs by flying over/trying to strafe hit them. A few close calls, but you stood by me while I gritted my teeth to GTFO and repair.

I believe I got 20 on that match on Oasis, 20 on the Isla match, and 28 on that last match (Atacama). Good piloting and great matches. Sorry about not taking out the VADS after we cleared the third set. I assumed wrong. Sorry. : (

TheSeks said:
*get hit with a rocket*
Cal: BYE SEKS! *jumps out*
(1HP left, grits teeth and lands it)
"I had it dude, WTF. :/"

That was a knee jerk reaction and a mistake. I've learned my lesson. : D

Calion

TheSeks said:
Edit: And I was trying to get you to switch to Engineer at the start as generally I go recon to take out the VADS real fast before I get in the chopper to make sure it isn't going to bother us for a good few minutes to get over the base and start to cover it.

Yeah, that hit me about 2 minutes later...when it was too late. >_< I was like....."Engine...?"

TheSeks said:
Also I generally orientate myself toward the anti-airs first to make sure they're taken out before I bother with tanks or other stuff as they aren't the main priority as the anti-air is.

Yeah, I assumed no enemy was on the third set since we just cleared it. My mistake.

Darkshier said:
http://i.imgur.com/WgN7N.jpg[IMG]
He Mad.[/QUOTE]
Nice.
Here's my collection from 360GAF's adventures:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZllCb.png

SmpFa.png

And my personal favorite, recognizing my elite medic skills:

F4oGu.png

I replied, thanking him for the 80 points.

MW11O.png

So, so true. I wasn't seeing the big picture. Looks like it's sniping from the back of the spawn for me from here on out.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I believe I got 20 on that match on Oasis, 20 on the Isla match, and 28 on that last match (Atacama). Good piloting and great matches. Sorry about not taking out the VADS after we cleared the third set. I assumed wrong. Sorry. : (

It was the third set? I thought we had them all on the last set so I pointed to the very far back/north to the last set to make sure you got the VADS in the back. I assumed that was where they were hitting us so I moved but it seemed there was two of them on the VADS (third and last set) as they took me out faster than I could get out of there to go repair. :/

That was a knee jerk reaction and a mistake. I've learned my lesson. : D

LOL. Doesn't mean I don't poke at it.

abuC

I think I found a glitch of sorts, I was playing operation hastings and took some damage in the Huey. So I decided to fix it and found a spot on the map that is in bounds as long as you're in the helicopter, but out of bounds if you jump out (behind C). I switched to one of the empty seats and started fixing the helicopter and I was getting repair pts for it, even though I was the only person in it.

TheSeks

abuC said:
I think I found a glitch of sorts, I was playing operation hastings and took some damage in the Huey. So I decided to fix it and found a spot on the map that is in bounds as long as you're in the helicopter, but out of bounds if you jump out (behind C). I switched to one of the empty seats and started fixing the helicopter and I was getting repair pts for it, even though I was the only person in it.

That's been possible since Vietnam launched, dude.

TheSeks

abuC said:
So, I won't be in the BC2 history books for my discovery :(

Unfortunately, not. IIRC someone here posted about it back in December.

bean breath said:
Nice.
Here's my collection from 360GAF's adventures:

And my personal favorite, recognizing my elite medic skills:

I replied, thanking him for the 80 points.

So, so true. I wasn't seeing the big picture. Looks like it's sniping from the back of the spawn for me from here on out.
Oh those are awesome. I've never gotten medic hate though, I can only dream of getting such messages. I almost to give out the worst revives possible all day just to see if I can get someone to bitch about it.

TheSeks

MiniBossBattle said:
can someone invite me to the psn BFBC2 chat? I want to get some games in.

PSN MiniBossBattle

Uh... there's no PSN chat, dude.

Darkshier said:
Oh those are awesome. I've never gotten medic hate though, I can only dream of getting such messages. I almost to give out the worst revives possible all day just to see if I can get someone to bitch about it.

Totally, I've changed my load out from the two medic pack perks to one medic perk and body armor to try and help but I don't really notice a difference. It's a total crapshoot.

Going for absolutely absurd, borderline retarded revives is really one of the last sources of an adrenaline rush that the game offers when you've seen and done pretty much everything. It's a game within a game.

chewydogg

Just added myself to the PSN list (AdamKoy). I've been getting a "no games available" message lately. Restarting my PS3 seems to fix it. That and my stats get reset occasionally, they always come back though (so far).

Why doesn't 360 GAF play vanilla Conquest? I'm taking a break from Vietnam & Rush since they are killing my k/d, and I'm on a Mission to Mediocrity (1.00). Rush is fun, no doubt, since a GAF-team is a rolling juggernaut, but I really love the ebb and flow of a Conquest round. Not so much the ebb, I guess, which is sometimes a problem with randoms. Too many damn Recons who never throw a motion mine or call in mortars. I need some GAF coat-tails to ride!

kadab

chewydogg said:
Just added myself to the PSN list (AdamKoy). I've been getting a "no games available" message lately. Restarting my PS3 seems to fix it. That and my stats get reset occasionally, they always come back though (so far).
you dont have to restart. just sign out of psn then sign back in and it should work( works everytime for me)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just tried the KZ3 Open Beta... KZ3 has nothing on BFBC2! NOTHING!

NAWTHIN!

grkazan12

Hey GAF been playing a ton of BC 2 Vanilla on PC for a while now and I thought it'd be cool to get some Gaffers to play with some time. Feel free to add me.

BC 2 SN: grkazan11
Steam: evan889 and SN: grkazan11

Quick question are there any Battlefield GAF Groups on Steam?

grkazan12 said:
Hey GAF been playing a ton of BC 2 Vanilla on PC for a while now and I thought it'd be cool to get some Gaffers to play with some time. Feel free to add me.

BC 2 SN: grkazan11
Steam: evan889 and SN: grkazan11

Quick question are there any Battlefield GAF Groups on Steam?
search for the GAF Mumbler server thread and join us on there all GAF PC gamer guys are on there playing everything from Starcraft 2 L4D2 to BFBC2 and COD

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not BFBC2 related but i know that many of us will move to BF3:

locust9 said:
You guys ready for tomorrow? You sure? Really really sure? #BF3

Fersis

TheSeks said:
As if there was any doubt.
Even with all of BFBC2 issues,bugs and what not: Its still is the best FPS game on PS3.

TheSeks said:
Plz 2 b PS3 beta. Plz 2 b PS3 beta...
Oh i totally forgot about MOH Beta Code!
Did you bought MOH?

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Did you bought MOH?

lol no.

But I'll get in somehow (sucking off Gordon Van Dyke, I guess?) like I somehow manage to do eventually.

Fersis

TheSeks said:
lol no.

But I'll get in somehow (sucking off Gordon Van Dyke, I guess?) like I somehow manage to do eventually.
Gordon Van Dyke works at EA Visceral now.
I hope they give away some Beta codes. ^__^

Fersis said:
Just tried the KZ3 Open Beta... KZ3 has nothing on BFBC2! NOTHING!

NAWTHIN!

...Yeah, I honestly had high hopes for KZ3 MP too. Some of performance issues have been resolved, but ehh... The core mechanics are fubar. I wasn't even a fan of KZ2, but boy did they fudge this up. I will rent for SP though.

Fersis

So.. PS3 BFBC2 GAF are you guys going to move to BF3?
Count me in.

No_Style

Conquest matchmaking is broken? Tried playing, but no dice.

Crakatak187 said:
I probably won't be playing for 2-3 days. Chinese New Years.

Happy Chinese New Year to you, sir.

Fersis said:
So.. PS3 BFBC2 GAF are you guys going to move to BF3?
Count me in.

All signs point to yes thus far. Question is: which platform? I'll probably go for PC & PS3.

Top Bottom