• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuckin' bullshit that people can knife lunge warp and yet I can't do that. >:|

Also fuckin' bullshit that snipers a midrange won't kill with a body shot. :|

Edit: And... I can't assault sniper dick worth a damn. *goes back to camping in bushes*

PedYup

Sorry Olimpia and Fersis for the rants with the mic. It had been a long session playing with clueless randoms after clueless randoms this evening.

Hellcrow said:
Finally got 500 sniper kill insigna. Taking a huge break from sniping now, so the mortar and marksman insigna can go fuck themselves.

I can't snipe for shit.
My total bolt action sniper rifle kills combined are less than 40.

but...
ps3_dreamgazer.png

VSS is love.

X-Frame

Okay so I haven't played this game in months and booted it up just now to play but I get the latest update. PS3 version.

Been sitting here for 10 minutes, it's at 566 damn minutes left and at 1%.

The hell?! Is this normal?

Calion

TheSeks said:
Fuckin' bullshit that people can knife lunge warp and yet I can't do that. >:|

Also fuckin' bullshit that snipers a midrange won't kill with a body shot. :|

Edit: And... I can't assault sniper dick worth a damn. *goes back to camping in bushes*

I noticed that you snipe pretty well. Nearly all of those game were bullshit though. >:| Towards the end, I gave up because someone was torrenting, and I couldn't play worth shit.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I can't snipe for shit.

Marksmen ain't too hard. It's just the required distance for Marksmen Bonus +1 point is a bit finicky. Abuse that range and you can get the marksmen emblem easy.

I noticed that you snipe pretty well. Nearly all of those game were bullshit though. >:|

Defense was really good, spread out everywhere like GAF generally does. Attackers were utter shit and if they armed, it was the one TOO FAR from me to defend.

I was just playing around seeing how red dot/4x scope does on the GOL for "battle sniper" but I can't pull that off worth a damn.

Also I don't snipe really well. I'm okay, but no where near good. I've seem to have lost the ability to snipe moving targets.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
Seks, your friend was just the gunner in my stolen Hind on Atacama defense!

How'd he do? Decent or better than me?

olimpia84

PedYup said:
Sorry Olimpia and Fersis for the rants with the mic. It had been a long session playing with clueless randoms after clueless randoms this evening.

Yeah the rest of the people in our team were bad. I'm actually surprised we managed to win those Atacama rounds with such worthless team. Then in Oasis it was just plain impossible since our team didn't do anything and we had less people =/

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i, on the other hand, managed toge the Hind stuck in a warehouse going for a roadkill. we had 20 tickets left and held them though.

:lol, I've seen that in Atacama Conquest before. Hilarious to see.

him said:
> lol i was wondering why the fuck he did that
> we landed and didnt go anywhere.. i was like wtf

TheSeks said:
:lol, I've seen that in Atacama Conquest before. Hilarious to see.
the best part is i actually got the roadkill when i ws trying to wiggle out, then when i realized it was hopeless, hopped out of the chopper and shotgunned 2 people!

feel

Yesterday with about 3 tickets left on the very last crate of Oasis (attacking) I ran over a guy defusing the bomb with the UAV when he was about 90% done with the diffusion, clutch winning the round for my team. Felt great, hope that BF3 rumor is true, this franchise need saved replays asap, so much cool stuff happens all the time.

TheSeks

7 50's on their team vs 5 on ours.

SMH for Matchmaking. SMH for randoms not pushing.

*KermitMmmhmm...ChristianBaleMmmhmm.gif* Yeah, fuck that.

TheSeks

Yeah, that team was useless. I joined in and got 7-7/1KDR (miraculously despite dying over and over) just SPAS-12/MP-443'ing people while spamming the motion mines.

Also helped Calion get his air vehicle platinum. Now it's time for Calion to learn to pilot the blackhawk so I don't have to do that all the time.

PROTIP: Smoke in Blackhawk is R1 and not L1. So basically it's "primary fire" in the blackhawk which flies in the face of tank/attack choppers with smoke being "alt fire" equipped. WTF and GG DICE. :|

Shitty hit detection is pissing me off tonight. There is no fucking way my 40MM Shotgun should only get a hit marker at close-mid range (literally a year or two from the person) when the entirety of their body is in the circle. Utter bullshit. :|

Tonight has been terrible. Bad GT5 race and bad BC2 shit. :|

Edit: Also dropped from 1.28 to 1.27 KDR in my stats due to this bullshit hitdetection. *sadface*

No_Style

I've been trying out the VSS instead of my G3 lately. While the VSS is powerful, slightly longer reloads are killing me. I'm going to stick with it for a couple more days and see how it pans out.

Also played with a bunch of Japanese players this evening on Conquest. They're great on the ground and teamwork, but horrid when vehicles are involved. I don't think I saw single one of them use a tank on Heavy Metal.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Also helped Calion get his air vehicle platinum. Now it's time for Calion to learn to pilot the blackhawk so I don't have to do that all the time.

PROTIP: Smoke in Blackhawk is R1 and not L1. So basically it's "primary fire" in the blackhawk which flies in the face of tank/attack choppers with smoke being "alt fire" equipped. WTF and GG DICE. :|

Edit: Also dropped from 1.28 to 1.27 KDR in my stats due to this bullshit hitdetection. *sadface*

I appreciate your piloting and allowing me to get my Air Platinum. I don't have Onslaught, but might have to get it to learn (not practice) how to fly.

Today was inconsistent with hit detection and KDR. I too had issues with the 40mm shotgun not killing at short-mid range on that Arica conquest game. After that, I went to Laguna Rush with Seks and started dominating again.

The servers have been really lagging lately. These past two weeks I have constantly seen rubberbanding and no hit detection. I see the enemy react to my bullets all the time yet a lot of those shots doesn't register at all.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
The servers have been really lagging lately. These past two weeks I have constantly seen rubberbanding and no hit detection. I see the enemy react to my bullets all the time yet a lot of those shots doesn't register at all.

It's annoying as shit, isn't it? What's even more annoying is shotgun/40MM shotgun that is supposed to KILL IN THAT RANGE only getting a hit marker and you're suddenly eating 3-5 bullets from a hip-fire.

Or hip-fire an entire magazine of the AN-94 into a person, switch to pistol, empty the mag of that. And then die to the dude you pumped full of bullets that apparently WHOOSHED into thin air.

I don't have Onslaught, but might have to get it to learn (not practice) how to fly.

I think the next step up for me from my shitty chopper flying is shitty plane flying. I should redownload 1943 and start practicing just in case BF3's planes are similar. Diving bomb runs here I come. D:

Hellcrow

Dreamgazer said:
I can't snipe for shit.

but...

VSS is love.

I equipped the bolt-action with red dot or 4x, and went forward recon. Can't snipe for shit.
Now that I'm finished with single-shotgun and sniper, It's unusual to not instantly kill and enemy at close-mid range.

Forgot to post the glitch I had two nights ago. I was on the heavy MG on white pass (the one without the shield) and I hopped off to see no ammo in the counter. I couldn't jump and run and I was sluggish. There was input delay to everything I did. It went away after I died, but man oh man it was awkward.

Naeblish

So what is the general opinion on the Vietnam expansion? I got it this weekend, played like 3 games and hated it, partly because i didn't know the map but also because the weapons felt like utter shit.

Then played some of the older maps with my familiar AN-94 and remembered why i love this game so much, the chaos and the feeling you are actually in a war... wow.

TheSeks

Naeblish said:
So what is the general opinion on the Vietnam expansion? I got it this weekend, played like 3 games and hated it, partly because i didn't know the map but also because the weapons felt like utter shit.

What? Play with the AK-47, Son. Mow people down like my BFF AN-94.

As it is, I don't mind Vietnam or it's maps. Sure the maps could be better but they aren't as bad (with the exception of the infamous vantage point choke point) as people make them out to be. Poor maps, but they're playable.

Naeblish said:

Then played some of the older maps with my familiar AN-94 and remembered why i love this game so much, the chaos and the feeling you are actually in a war... wow.
they're fun, but vanilla is more fun. my AN-94 is retired (G3 too)

olimpia84

Playing Atacama conquest is always the same story: if the servers are not full, a bunch of level 50 clantards join to get the choppers...really annoying. What's funny is that when both rounds are over they either quit (probably to select the same level again *smh) or stay but absolutely suck at the next 'non-chopper' level.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
Playing Atacama conquest is always the same story: if the servers are not full, a bunch of level 50 clantards join to get the choppers...really annoying. What's funny is that when both rounds are over they either quit (probably to select the same level again *smh) or stay but absolutely suck at the next 'non-chopper' level.

I really don't know why you guys play Atacama or Oasis Rush. It's always circle strafing choppers, take the anti-air out and then dominate the shitty helicopter pilot (generally me) in air-to-air battles.

If I'm playing by myself and they show up: quit to menu and go back to Arica/Laguna/White Pass. Simple really.

TheSeks

KNIFE FIVE DUDES AND THEY KNIFE ME INSTEAD.

FUCKING BULLSHIT.

*flips over DICE's magazine rack*

FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR SHIT SERVERS.

IMAD.JPG

</caps>

Seriously, fucking bullshit knife and I've got 10 or so left for platinum before I forget that shit exists and go back to shooting people in the face.

abuC

Im officially done with piloting, yet again the game froze on me while I was flying. It's to the point where the game will freeze on me 1/3 times, which is just way too much.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Got to play a round today with rockscar... the hit detection was pretty bad. I mean worse than usual.

Then it froze 5 mins into Nelson Bay.

Az

Happy to see this community is still strong. Played a few games couple of days ago and still had a blast. Can't believe I haven't lost my touch for this game.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Got to play a round today with rockscar... the hit detection was pretty bad. I mean worse than usual.

It's even worse with the knives. Still have five of those for the platinum. *mumble grumble*

TheSeks

...And platinum.

*sigh* Finally. Only took me a year to get 500 knife kills. :/

Edit: Man, the Hin-D is hard to circle of death with. I can't get the damn thing to constantly spin. Either lag or it's less mobile than the Apache. :/ Sorry Rock for landing in the Marsh, I though I could do that and be shorter/near the action to get back there quicker after taking out the anti-air. Whoops. :/

At least I'm sort-of improving, right? D:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry Seks for my chopper skills. V__V

meppi

Well, you guys certainly weren't kidding about the circle strafing morons on Oasis.
And just like you said, the once the round ended they were gone. >_<

At least those fuckers lost that round. lol

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Sorry Seks for my chopper skills. V__V

It ain't your fault. I sat there, saw the lock on. Dropped down to miss it. Suicided and you fly off. I'm like "WTF, NO! I SUICIDED FOR SMOKE! ARGH!"

(LOCK ON DEATHS)
"IDIOT! >:|"

>>Meppi<<

Fucking annoying circles, do it better than me. But they ain't shit when they get taken out and then sit there for a bit.

meppi

Did my best to create as much diversion as possible to draw their fire away from the anti-air guns by shooting tracers at them all game long.

Not that I ever hit one, but they certainly seemed to be gunning for me a lot when I kept doing that. ;)

This seriously is one thing DICE has to fix for BF3.
It just makes the games it happens in a steaming pile of dung.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
No one plays after 9pm EST anymore.

Can't afford to play at this new 7pm EST and earlier timeslot that most of you are shifting to.

I'm busy with other things right now. And it gets a bit tiring playing BC2 all day. I'm ready for BF3, TBH.

After this weekends GT5 race for Mush's league, I'll probably be back on the BC2-all-day-erry-day train while working through my backlog and Tactics Ogre before Parasite Eve 3 (*AVATAR QUOTE GOES HERE*) releases.

Jtrizzy

Yeah I haven't seen you guys on at night lately. 7 ish is the new time? I'm still around later in the night if anyone wants to play.

Top Bottom