• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jtrizzy said:
Yeah I haven't seen you guys on at night lately. 7 ish is the new time? I'm still around later in the night if anyone wants to play.

It's not really the "new time" some of us (Crack, notable) are taking a break. Some of us (me) are playing other games we've been neglecting (or starting a new RPG like Tactics Ogre), and some of us (Fersis/Meppi) are on the other side of the world so they play in the afternoon for our time/early evening.

So for me recently, I've been playing Noon-6PM somewhere around there. Later generally, but I start in that time. Just been busy.

priorities man... i needed a new phone first!

Pfft. As if you need a new phone so long as you can send/receive calls from your current.

*laughs and cries at the thought of you not being there for BF3 and helping me level up quickly*

Calion

TheSeks said:
It's not really the "new time" some of us (Crack, notable) are taking a break. Some of us (me) are playing other games we've been neglecting (or starting a new RPG like Tactics Ogre), and some of us (Fersis/Meppi) are on the other side of the world so they play in the afternoon for our time/early evening.

Yeah, the only reason I'm taking a break is to tackle a game or two in my backlog. As soon as I beat Dead Space 2, I'll be back.

TheSeks

About to say fuck it and go to TO. No reason to play small games.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
AOD got like 8-10 guys to join a team just to beat 4 gaffers. Pretty funny.

Wait, is that that clan that called us pussies because they pulled that very thing last time?

I don't know I wasn't in those matches with those guys who called us pussies. We almost beat those AOD guys 3 times if our dumb team didn't drop the ball on defense as we were winning as well.

They were so angry they were tea bagging me and Dan haha.

Edit: I'll extend my break to a couple of days. These server issues makes me want to play Tactics Ogre even more and Dan will probably take a break as well.

TheSeks

I really don't know what the fuck was up today. Join Rock, small games. Or no one is in the helicopter/flying the damn thing no matter how shitty in Heavy Metal to where once I fly it sort-of effectively (losing to air-to-air because I still suck) they steal it. Quit. White Pass, lose nearly due to shit team of randoms. Quit. Join rock, small game. Join Port Valadez, you and Dan join me with shit randoms that holed up in their spawn to where the GAF machine happens on us and them. Quit. Join Rock, small game that he's still in. Quit, go to play Tactics Ogre. Been playing that off and on for the night. At least it's relaxing.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
I'm surprised to hear that.

I never quit games, even when there's hackers.

I quit when the team has no chance of getting things togethers/join an already losing game. It sets a bad tone to join a game and the team is stuck in spawn with no way to win. Or small games as small 4-8 player games are stupid on large maps like BF's.

TheSeks

vixlar said:
I quit when I already lose, not when I'm losing. And only when I lost a really big string of games...

I hate joining losing teams that are confirmed to lose. Trying to cross the desert of no trees in Port Valadez with only two other attackers (see: GAF) is fucking stupid. Yeah, no. I'll find another game with people that actually attempt to push.

Really, matchmaking is stupid on this as generally your forced into losing teams when you want to join a session just starting, not in the middle of ending. :|

Meanwhile: Fuck Sangre Del Toro. Stupid Havoc sections where you have to hit them with the Carl Gustav is stupid on Hard. DERP TWO OF THEM CIRCLING AROUND WITH A FEW ENEMIES TO FIRE ON YOUR ASS. DERP.

*slaps the person that designed this level at DICE*

Also you can't roadkill with the buggy in it. WTF. You can slam into the dude and push him and then he can kill you. Stupid.

Nabs

I played some Squad DM for the first time last night. It was a lot more fun than I expected. I hope we can get a squad and play some more tonight.

olimpia84

Crakatak187 said:
I don't know I wasn't in those matches with those guys who called us pussies. We almost beat those AOD guys 3 times if our dumb team didn't drop the ball on defense as we were winning as well.

They were so angry they were tea bagging me and Dan haha.

Did you guys lose that Laguna Presa defense round? I had to quit that match at the beginning because a friend stopped by but I figured you guys would win with no problems. When I quit there were only 4 AOD guys so I guess the rest of them joined later in that round.

After a long hiatus I am returning to the awesomeness that is BFBC2. Looking through the dlc I see the class upgrade content that gives you a different look, a new weapon and a few achievements. What do you guys suggest, buy or not buy?

I'm actually one of those guys that loves unlocking stuff as you are playing so keep that in mind. I've also already purchased the Vietnam expansion so I was wondering if those class upgrades do anything for you in the Vietnam expansion as well. Thanks

EDIT: Just to be clear I am not talking about the ridiculous shortcut dlc

vixlar

TheSeks said:
I hate joining losing teams that are confirmed to lose. Trying to cross the desert of no trees in Port Valadez with only two other attackers (see: GAF) is fucking stupid. Yeah, no. I'll find another game with people that actually attempt to push.

Really, matchmaking is stupid on this as generally your forced into losing teams when you want to join a session just starting, not in the middle of ending. :|

Meanwhile: Fuck Sangre Del Toro. Stupid Havoc sections where you have to hit them with the Carl Gustav is stupid on Hard. DERP TWO OF THEM CIRCLING AROUND WITH A FEW ENEMIES TO FIRE ON YOUR ASS. DERP.

*slaps the person that designed this level at DICE*

Also you can't roadkill with the buggy in it. WTF. You can slam into the dude and push him and then he can kill you. Stupid.

Well, I only play when my friend is online, so at least I have one true partner, hehehe.

And, well, we like to win, that's for sure, but we really enjoy a game when sometimes you win sometimes you lose... And that happens even when you think your team is shit, sometimes some members change in your team or the rival team.

If we score a big string of loses, then fuck it, find a new game, hahaha.

Ah, another reason why I don't change games so easy is because my friend has a strange connection problem, we can't make a squad prior to enter the game, some of us had to enter first and then invite, but sometimes the servers are full and we have to wait to someone go out so the other can enter. But sometimes we play in different squads or even different teams. For us, playing together is a Luxury, so we try to have fun even when we are losing.

vixlar

Mizzou Gaming said:
After a long hiatus I am returning to the awesomeness that is BFBC2. Looking through the dlc I see the class upgrade content that gives you a different look, a new weapon and a few achievements. What do you guys suggest, buy or not buy?

I'm actually one of those guys that loves unlocking stuff as you are playing so keep that in mind. I've also already purchased the Vietnam expansion so I was wondering if those class upgrades do anything for you in the Vietnam expansion as well. Thanks

EDIT: Just to be clear I am not talking about the ridiculous shortcut dlc

The class upgrades don't give you any real advantage. For me, the only advantage is for russian medic because it changes your red beret for a green one.

Those upgrades gives you some different designs... but be careful. Normally, the outfit your character receive is based on the stage. But with upgraded outfits you always get the same outfit in all stages. With the medic, for example, you always get a green outfit even when you are playing in snow.

The upgraded weapons are camouflaged, and, well, many times i got killed because i didn't see that smg in the bushes, hehehe. Ah, and there are achievements for killing many people with those weapons.

Those upgrades have no effect in Vietnam.

vixlar said:
The class upgrades don't give you any real advantage. For me, the only advantage is for russian medic because it changes your red beret for a green one.

Those upgrades gives you some different designs... but be careful. Normally, the outfit your character receive is based on the stage. But with upgraded outfits you always get the same outfit in all stages. With the medic, for example, you always get a green outfit even when you are playing in snow.

The upgraded weapons are camouflaged, and, well, many times i got killed because i didn't see that smg in the bushes, hehehe. Ah, and there are achievements for killing many people with those weapons.

Those upgrades have no effect in Vietnam.

Cool, I think I'm just going to get the medic upgrade as thats what I use the majority of the time. I wish I could get the bundle discount later on if I do end up buying the others, but its really not that big of a deal. Microsoft prints new points out everyday from space.

THANK YOU very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
the green Recon Ghillie is great on Valparaiso and Laguna Presa

The Black Assault outfit is also good in some buildings. (As there is no lights and the goddamn lighthouse on Val Paris' stairs are impossible to see. SMH DICE)

But the $5 for it is too much as they're just skins with a special skin for one late class gun to get 100 kills with for achievement points.

olimpia84 said:
Did you guys lose that Laguna Presa defense round? I had to quit that match at the beginning because a friend stopped by but I figured you guys would win with no problems. When I quit there were only 4 AOD guys so I guess the rest of them joined later in that round.
We lost really everytime we almost won the guys on our team went farther from the m-coms. We had them under 20 tickets 3 times and those randoms didn't hold their weight. We held them under 20 tickets with 8-10 AOD as well.

TheSeks

My bad Dream. That's what I get for pulling Faceless antics with the helicopter (AKA: Roadkilling) in small games.

Get sniped and have Olimpia and Dream get C4'ed. WHOOPS.

TheSeks said:
My bad Dream. That's what I get for pulling Faceless antics with the helicopter (AKA: Roadkilling) in small games.

Get sniped and have Olimpia and Dream get C4'ed. WHOOPS.

All good.
2 boring steamrolling games.
I wasn't mad or anything, but just really wtf since it was like you decided to crash land.

Finished up misc trophies in dead space 2 afterward...not looking forward to hardcore mode (for its time investment, not difficulty)

vixlar

Mizzou Gaming said:
Cool, I think I'm just going to get the medic upgrade as thats what I use the majority of the time. I wish I could get the bundle discount later on if I do end up buying the others, but its really not that big of a deal. Microsoft prints new points out everyday from space.

THANK YOU very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback.

A pleasure, man. Nice for you to return to play this fantastic game.

Erasus

Man I should get this on PS3 too and just move it up because this fucking game on dual-core processor is just fucking nuts. FU DICE! I run 90% of all console ports flawlessly, but this? OOOHNOOOO

TheSeks

Enemy/JTrizzy drops helicopter on base. Repair repair repair. Get in. Teammate mows people down, and still loses. SMH randoms.

Noooo... Chopper froze up sniping newbies across the map with the blackhawk. :(

And ran into a glitch that same game where my engineer was standing/sitting on the ATV where the passenger would be but he was in a crouched like position. Hilarious to see. My camera didn't take a good shot of it though, so I doubt anyone wants to see. :(

I wish the screenshot function was working. I took a screenshot of it. DAMN YOU DICE. ;___;

Jtrizzy

Damn I didn't know you were on. I was just playing with an entire squad of snipers, so I just shot tracer darts onto them and their vehicles all game. Got some hate mail "va tomar no seu cu" I relpied with "stop sitting in the back sniping, it isn't helping the team. His reply, "fuck you american gay"

TheSeks

Yeah, I joined and they were losing. But that idiot dumped the chopper so I figured "what the hell, I'll fly and let someone get some kills."

And yeah, I think that sniper dude was on the machine gun trying to ping me while I kept firing missiles toward him and he'd run off like a coward.

Great steamrolling conquest games with ejas, jjd, adamkoy and trizzy.

If there's one lesson I wish I can teach randoms, it is this:
"Ignore the choppers unless they're an obstacle to you capturing flags."

I joined the very first game and all the randoms were just hiding from the choppers.

TheSeks

Jtrizzy said:
Man I hope they release beta info asap. I could probably skip buying Killzone all together.

Why don't you skip KZ3 in general because it's gonna be terrible anyway. ;) ;)

Pete Rock

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png

Picked up my plat on the M1 last night during a crushing spree with faceless, felt good

Stat servers are down on 360, blargh

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
I'm probably going to get some negative reactions, but meh.

Not from me. Faceless pulls it and it's legit. It's annoying and unfair slightly (they have to destroy the tank or die to get it to respawn and you'll probably mine it again while they're respawning) but it's defense against them using it.

Mr Sandman said:
I've been addicted to spawn sabotaging vehicles lately. If we're winning I'll sneak over to their base and I'll throw C4 on their vehicles and wait. I can wait forever, the payoff is worth it. I usually wait a few seconds and let them drive a while then blow (also, I find a really good hiding spot and watch the vehicles vanish from the map). Ignition mining is pretty fun too (throw mines under vehicles, so when they get in and turn the 'ignition' they blow). I used to be against this shit, but it feels good man. After 800 hours you start looking for new shit to try out.

I'm probably going to get some negative reactions, but meh.
i love doing that!

i remember this one hilarious game when i did it against Team GAF on Atacama Desert! i watched them take off and they were halfway to the base and then boom!

Afrikan

Just got the game :)

kind of late here, but hey better late than never...anyway back to page one to read some tips.

I have it for PS3, is the Vietnam pack worth it? I really enjoyed 1943.

TheSeks

Dude, Dubbed. The Blackhawk is NOT an attack chopper. :/ I can't lay down fire as you WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH past them. :x

Mr Sandman said:
Haha I get way too impatient and blow it way before that. I want to wait at least 45 seconds one of these times. :lol

I love it when the same guy keeps spawning, dying, and tries to find you. And when he does you kill him. Over and over. They rage so hard.
i only waited that long because it was GAF, regular folk get a few seconds.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i only waited that long because it was GAF, regular folk get a few seconds.

Shut up and buy a PS3. ;___;

@Dream: 100% HP = I can get to the UAV. I was attempting to do that six times and you never came to repair. *bangs head into PS3*

@Rock: I'm not sure you got any kills while I was strafing. Sorry, man. At least after that shitty gunner left I kept it up for the rest of the map.

TheSeks said:
@Dream: 100% HP = I can get to the UAV. I was attempting to do that six times and you never came to repair. *bangs head into PS3*
Silly antics and ATV repairing is usually the bottom of my thought process when defending. :p
Not to mention the other team was so bad to the point that the UAV would have been down in seconds anyway.

PedYup

TheSeks said:
@Rock: I'm not sure you got any kills while I was strafing. Sorry, man. At least after that shitty gunner left I kept it up for the rest of the map.

Don´t worry, I got a nice amount of kills while gunning the Apache.

TheSeks said:
Dude, Dubbed. The Blackhawk is NOT an attack chopper. :/ I can't lay down fire as you WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH past them. :x

I try to keep it close to for quick kills, with minor changes in elevation to keep rockets at bay. Most of time people are expecting a high circling chopper but coming in low often is a good surprise....and I'm in good position for roadkills >.>

Also I suck and blackhawk gunning.

Top Bottom