• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Die die die die die die die die...

Yeah, I hate Oasis defense. No fun in it.

TheSeks

No, it isn't just the 360. It's happened to me now and then on the PS3. It's more a "Oracle sucks shit and can't handle the load" problem than a console/hardware problem.

Haven't played this game in a while. Put it in. And stats are gone. Said screw and and playing Reach again. Ung why does this happen?

I know why but I just don't GET it :/

Tawpgun

Wow. Ok. So.

Back when I was trying to get all pins and insignias I thought I had done it... only to realize the two bronze star ones weren't working. Turns out it was a common glitch...

I sign on not too long ago and find out that BAM I have them. I'm on the 360 btw.

Finally... the onlything I have left is to get to 50, which I don't see happening.

Xux

I like when teams spawn camp when they're down 100 tickets. I think I might try and Platinum my BFF the Type 88 LMG alongside the F2000.

Jtrizzy

Can someone tell me how many c4 it takes to destroy a tank, with and without the explosives perk on.

Finally getting close to the pins, I just have to play shotgun assault on conquest. I tried it out tonight and was killing it, not going to be nearly as time consuming as I thought.

TheSeks

Jtrizzy said:
Can someone tell me how many c4 it takes to destroy a tank, with and without the explosives perk on.

Finally getting close to the pins, I just have to play shotgun assault on conquest. I tried it out tonight and was killing it, not going to be nearly as time consuming as I thought.

2-3.

2 with explosive up. 2 to possible 3 without.

If it's been damaged a bit, one is more than enough. I did that on Port Valadez defense with Dream hitting it with an RPG, spawn. Run up C4 blow it and continue to mow trees down like a boss a couple of days ago.

meppi

Dreamgazer said:
It ain't rape if they voluntarily gave in to you.

Not to mention that when it comes to attackers on Oasis it's impossible to rape them as it automatically defaults to "receive what you had coming to you, bitches". ;P

TheSeks

Ran into this strange glitch last week/Thursday when I bailed from a dead blackhawk and hoofed it back to base.

I'm piloting the ATV but sitting "crouched" on the back with an invisible gun ready. Weird and funny glitch. First person view I was still in the driver seat and able to drive, but rearview or third person is that.

Bad camera quality I know. But you can get the gist.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I need advices to get the Road Kill pin. (Four road kills in a match)

Is the only pin am missing.
So you know Seks if you see me playing like an idiot its because im trying to get that damn pin.

recklessmind said:
I think I did that with the Blackhawk... on Isla
:0

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fersis said:

I think I did that with the Blackhawk... on Isla

olimpia84

Fersis said:

So you know Seks if you see me playing like an idiot its because im trying to get that damn pin.

I did it on Panama Canal Conquest by getting on a heavy tank (preferably the Abrams) and capping flags at B and C. For some reason people love placing C4 at those locations so if you constantly move while capping the flags you'll end up road killing them although I must say that it still is a damn hard pin to get in one round (I think I only have two road kill pins in my 700+ hours playing this game).

Edit: Atacama Conquest is probably the best map to get it though since there are a lot of vehicles and it's a wide open map for the most part.

TheSeks

Fersis said:

Arica Harbor Rush. Find a team of idiots that don't RPG/mine you in seconds. Run around the base. 4 kills so long as your team doesn't take the base in seconds. Easy.

(Thanks Faceless for that one. <3)

Edit: NOOOOO! NOT THE HIPPY HELICOPTER PILOT! ;___;

Jas

Fersis said:

It was my last pin too. I got it on Harvest Day Rush, people are usually too preoccupied with the tanks to notice you on a quad.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Do you guys used the third person camera to run over people?

TheSeks

Nope. I pilot all vehicles and gun in all vehicles under first-person view.

hgplayer1

I got the roadkill pin on Harvest Day. It was the first map that came to mind when I decided to go for that pin.

I didnt use the quad I used that other vehicle that seats like 5. Keeps its momentum better and is wider so easier to hit people.

Hellcrow

hgplayer1 said:
I got the roadkill pin on Harvest Day. It was the first map that came to mind when I decided to go for that pin.

I didnt use the quad I used that other vehicle that seats like 5. Keeps its momentum better and is wider so easier to hit people.

I did the same, only with the quad. To roadkill someone, you must hit them with the wheels.

Jtrizzy said:

2 in most cases.

1 to the back or underneath with the spec.

meppi said:
Not to mention that when it comes to attackers on Oasis it's impossible to rape them as it automatically defaults to "receive what you had coming to you, bitches". ;P
well, in the game before that, i was choppa ho-ing it, 16-0 on attack, had the chopper the whole game and we steamrolled.

TheSeks said:
Arica Harbor Rush. Find a team of idiots that don't RPG/mine you in seconds. Run around the base. 4 kills so long as your team doesn't take the base in seconds. Easy.

(Thanks Faceless for that one. <3)
this. the hummer has a wiiiiiiide front end, makes it easy!

Fersis said:
Do you guys used the third person camera to run over people?
yeah. in the helis i use 1st person, but in vehicles i drive in 3rd. i shoot in 1st on the tanks etc though.

Fersis said:

Wheel of hazard is 3 roadkill in a match.
It was also the pin that I couldn't get for awhile.

What I eventually did was to just go into Port Valdez rush and fly the UAV with V.elec on.
You'll usually find 2-3 randoms camping/sniping near the construction site of base 1. Just fly to the back and wham them from behind.

Got it within 10 minutes.

TheSeks

The UAV's roadkill detection is really flaky, though. I don't really recommend it.

Seriously, just do Arica Rush first base in the Humvee. It'll get you three easy if the team is made of idiots and doesn't anti-vehicle role.

Izayoi

Banned
Boy, can't wait to play some Conquest!

- Heavy Metal 24/7
- Heavy Metal fast vehicle respawn
- HEAVY METAL 800 TICKETS
- HEAVY METAL GET IN HERE
- Harvest Day 24/7
- BIG MAP WITH TONS OF VEHICLES
- Heavy Metal no basekilling
- Joe's Heavy Metal server

Oh.

TheSeks

That's because Heavy Metal is the best map, son. Tank sniping helicopters.

(I'm sure there is some other map in the PC server list. Surely PC players aren't that one-map focused?)

Nabs

There are plenty of 24/7 conquest servers, but finding one with a good rotation and ping is easy as hell.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm in Washington state, and I've found a whopping one good rotation server that is always full and has a queue of at least three most times during the day. The way they handle kicking for VIPs is incredibly obnoxious as well. Doesn't matter how long you've been there apparently, because I'd been playing for five hours straight and got kicked to make way for a VIP.

Only other Conquest-only servers are either way higher ping or Stupid Big Map That I Hate 24/7.

Heavy Metal is too big for 32 players, and Harvest Day translates to Recon: The Map: The Snipening. As somebody who plays almost exclusively Medic and occasionally engineer it's a little rough.

TheSeks said:
That's because Heavy Metal is the best map, son. Tank sniping helicopters.

(I'm sure there is some other map in the PC server list. Surely PC players aren't that one-map focused?)
They aren't, but to get a good ping on a server with a good rotation is surprisingly difficult. I hope DICE has completely reworked the netcode for BF3, because it's inexcusably bad in BC2.

TheSeks

Randoms fucking suck.

DERP HOW DOES I SNIPE AT C WHEN A/B NEED TO BE DEFENDED AND I SPAWN AT STARTING BASE. DERP DERP DERP.

14 Kills
23 Deaths

At least we won because other randoms weren't fucking shitty like my squad. Jesus Christ. :|

And fuck the shit netcode. Hit someone with a full clip and then get dropped by two bullets of theirs. Stupid.

Too many freezes today. Fucking Frostbite freeze. :|

The Faceless Master said:
one more reason to build a PC... so i can cap gameplay like my friend does!

footage from last night! http://www.justin.tv/suddendeath/b/280073447
Well if and when you build a pc, me and mr sandman will join you in mining/ c4'ing vehicles in spawn points, always looking for more amigos to join our squad, lol, Sabotaging vehicles is my new favorite tactic. I will also be snagging bf3 on pc as well, cannot wait :)

Izayoi

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
You do know that the "ping" on the scoreboard isn't accurate? It's not really ping, but ping+other shit. Whatever your ping is in the game is like half in reality. My states not too far from Washington. Maybe your browser isn't showing all the servers.
Eh? What else would ping be? It definitely feels like what it is when I'm in the game, because I'm certainly not getting 19 to 30 like the server browser spits out at me. I'll join a game that claims 40 ping and end up with 150-180 (and the latter measure definitely feels more accurate as far as lagginess goes).

Mr Sandman said:
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...3/15/battlefield-bad-company-2-q-amp-a.aspx##

High pings even on local game servers. We're actually showing game latency instead of ping.

This is basically how far behind the client is compared to the server. We try to keep the server a small portion in front of the clients so they in most cases can use replicated data until they get the next ghost update from the server. If they get a lag spike they will start predicting the state when they run out of information, however, the basic idea is to smooth out the experience compared to everything having to be corrected when the predictions are slightly off.

They should just show the real ping.
I've been telling this to the PC bros in the Mumble server for ages and some still don't get it and ask about it all the time. <_<

From my friend, a uav whore.

Mh1OVl.jpg

maxxpower

Ok I have yet to find a concrete answer to this question.

For those of you that have played core Vietnam, have you ever noticed that when you get killed and you're watching the killer cam sometimes the killer's eyes will pop out? I have some random theories but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it.

maxxpower said:
Ok I have yet to find a concrete answer to this question.

For those of you that have played core Vietnam, have you ever noticed that when you get killed and you're watching the killer cam sometimes the killer's eyes will pop out? I have some random theories but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it.

Known glitch.
Recon's eyes will pop out on killcam if your killer is aiming down the sights.

meppi

Dubbedinenglish said:
From my friend, a uav whore.

Mh1OVl.jpg

Lol, that perfectly describes me yesterday, although it was on Harvest Day. :D
It did work though as I got tons of spot assists and a dozen or so kills on 2 sets of boxes while they were trying to disarm them.
Not to mention a triple kill when a bunch tried to disarm a crate all at once. lol

Sorry I played a bit sloppy yesterday btw.
Wasn't actually planning on playing since I have the early shift this week and by the time I get to play for a bit I'm at the point where my brain is only running at 6% due to sleep deprivation.
I had no clue where the garbage dump heap or whatever was, from which I should have been spotting for those damn snipers, as well as counter sniping... sorry :-/

Fersis

Level 43 !!

I got 5555 points in a Conquest match. :3

bbagwell

Hi,

Bryan from Charleston, SC here. My Live Tag is PPH2. I've played with a bunch of you over the last few months and enjoyed the level of play alot more than 99% of the random matches out there. I'm a good round or two away from lvl 38 and try to take and hold the objectives. None of that sniper hiding in the rocks and not moving the entire round crap. Add me if you have space!

Faceless, you have dropped into some matches with Adamsappel and myself and helped out a bunch - thanks!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cuban Legend said:
I've been telling this to the PC bros in the Mumble server for ages and some still don't get it and ask about it all the time. <_<
I'm pretty sure that some servers auto kick for 'ping above 200' when they mean latency, so I don't think anyone gets it. They should put ping and latency, then people would at least slightly understand.

bbagwell

Right. It is difficult to do sometimes. You will occasionally get a member of your party on the other team. It is also tough to talk in a party if there are players in two squads, because they are referencing spots you can't spawn on to help.

Top Bottom