• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes, DICE, because I OH SO WANT to play 4 vs 12.

SMH Matchmaking. :|

What do you know? Run across "Bazajaytee-," and they were possibly in the helicopter circling around Oasis which is a shit map with no reliable anti-airs.

SMH DICE. :|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Yes, DICE, because I OH SO WANT to play 4 vs 12.

SMH Matchmaking. :|

What do you know? Run across "Bazajaytee-," and they were possibly in the helicopter circling around Oasis which is a shit map with no reliable anti-airs.

SMH DICE. :|
Thats not his PSN ID i think.

bbagwell

Genesis Knight said:
Hmm, that's too bad. But I guess once you get into a server you're good to go for the night.

Possibly. It is amazing to see how many people bail out on a losing match after putting in 15-20 minutes to get themselves into that position. It seems to be getting tougher to keep a good room together for a string of matches. I will admit to joining a round, seeing the score at 250-20 with the leading team full and the losing team having 3-4 players, then bailing. That is because you cannot rely on the servers to balance the teams out going into the next round. I have seen many subsequent rounds have the exact team (im)balance that the previous round ended with.

Genesis Knight said:
So, I've got a question:

The squad limit on the Xbox is 4, yes? So how do six people who want to play together find a match?
join/invite people. we regularly have 8 people in a party and some suckaz stuck outside the party!

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
join/invite people. we regularly have 8 people in a party and some suckaz stuck outside the party!

Not like I'd be useful in Party Chat anyway. ;) ;)
That is, if I still had my 360. Pyohoho~

bbagwell said:
Possibly. It is amazing to see how many people bail out on a losing match after putting in 15-20 minutes to get themselves into that position. It seems to be getting tougher to keep a good room together for a string of matches. I will admit to joining a round, seeing the score at 250-20 with the leading team full and the losing team having 3-4 players, then bailing. That is because you cannot rely on the servers to balance the teams out going into the next round. I have seen many subsequent rounds have the exact team (im)balance that the previous round ended with.

Hatemail:"So you guys(GAF) like to bully people and get cheap wins against small teams blah blah blah hate hate hate hate"

me: "uhhh...it's not my problem if people rage quit. I'm sorry I should let you kill me a bit?"

edit:
If you find me playing killzone 3 feel free to invite me over as usual anyway. I'm probably just playing the SP as the MP isn't doing it for me (nothing wrong with it, but just ain't doing it.)

-Silver-

Dreamgazer said:
Hatemail:"So you guys(GAF) like to bully people and get cheap wins against small teams blah blah blah hate hate hate hate"
I was under the impression that only a few people used the GAF tag. These days anyway.

-Silver- said:
I was under the impression that only a few people used the GAF tag. These days anyway.
rockscar, JJd, olimpia, sekoku, renderman and me still use it regularly.
A certain clan or two who has played against us before also appears to know about abu and evolved's involvement with us.

edit:
nice Mx0 card avatar btw.

bbagwell said:
Hi,

Bryan from Charleston, SC here. My Live Tag is PPH2. I've played with a bunch of you over the last few months and enjoyed the level of play alot more than 99% of the random matches out there. I'm a good round or two away from lvl 38 and try to take and hold the objectives. None of that sniper hiding in the rocks and not moving the entire round crap. Add me if you have space!

Faceless, you have dropped into some matches with Adamsappel and myself and helped out a bunch - thanks!
oooh, new blood!

I'm the only one on PC-BC2-GAF that uses the GAF tags... <_<

It can make it hard for me to convince admins that were playing together so the admins do not split us up when we do rape.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played a few matches today... was worried I'd be rusty so I unretired the Uzi.

That thing is still such a beast.

Speaking of beast... Hunting_Beast and rockscar were on for a bit. We never lost... gold squad every time. Was pretty fun but H_B beat me out for Ace every round! HAha then he left and I finally got one.

Then the game froze.

:/

At least it wasn't too laggy today.

edit: I still roll with the gaf tag!!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I know its really early but are you guys cool if i make the BF3 |OT| thread?
Gonna ask Evilore too.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Gonna ask Evilore too.

Only if there is numerous mentions of steamrolling and WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Spl1nter

Fersis said:
Gonna ask Evilore too.

you are goin to take my baby away from me!

Would an OT done by a consolite be a real BF3 OT? :)

Fersis

Spl1nter said:
you are goin to take my baby away from me!

Would an OT done by a consolite be a real BF3 OT? :)
Thats why im asking.
But i guess that an OT for a classic PC game sequel should be done by a PC Gamer... are you up to the task ?

Spl1nter

Fersis said:
But i guess that an OT for a classic PC game sequel should be done by a PC Gamer... are you up to the task ?

Its still 3/4 of the year away. More important issue is the BF3 Beta OT if there is no NDA!

Nevertheless, for the future OT I would at least like to collaborate. I probably have the deepest knowledge of the series aside from Vietnam which I never played multi.

meppi

olimpia84 said:
Take your time, there's hardly anybody from gaf playing the game lately.
0_o

There's nearly always at least one person from here playing on my FL, and when I enter there are usually a couple more in game as well, mostly with filled up FLs though.

Fersis

olimpia84 said:
Take your time, there's hardly anybody from gaf playing the game lately.

Ejas,Rockscar,danthaman,meppi,TheSeks and me say : HI.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey guys, LTTP here but should I buy vietnam? :) are people still playing? I can get it for 10$, should I go for it?

Jas

Good games today with meppi, abuC, MemoryCure, and Evolved (nice to see you back :)). Been getting the Frostbite Freeze a bit the past few days. Today it happened on Harvest Day and Port Valdez.

Hopefully a certain someone doesn't make a post about not piloting anymore...you're too good :p

TheSeks

I dunno who "Hunting Beast" is, but if they are getting on the anti-air, THEY NEED TO STAY ON THE ANTI-AIR. >:|

TheSeks

Oh, BTW:

[FOU]oOA|L|EXOo and [FOU]johlan:
seagalpostal.gif

Fuck you and your childish asshole stealing the other helicopter when you already had one up in the air and then shooting me and drawing attention to me when I steal your fucking anti-air kill. Mmmmhmm. Get your 12 year old childish asses back to Halo, douches. >:|

-Silver-

TheSeks said:
I dunno who "Hunting Beast" is, but if they are getting on the anti-air, THEY NEED TO STAY ON THE ANTI-AIR. >:|
Sorry, I thought I should get on top of the three storey building to spot the enemies. If they weren't coming to us then we might as well go to them. Obviously I thought wrong.

TheSeks

I AM JOHN! said:
Oh, Oasis, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

It's not bad unless you're facing circle strafing helicopters.

If they weren't coming to us then we might as well go to them. Obviously I thought wrong.

Generally, the helicopters take about 1-2 mins to respawn and idiots never learn to not take it up in the air again until it's confirmed the anti-air is down. That's why if someone gets in the anti-air seat, they need to commit to sitting in it for the whole match to catch the people coming over the hill.

TheSeks said:
It's not bad unless you're facing circle strafing helicopters.
I don't think I've ever had a match on Oasis that didn't devolve into circle-strafing helicopters.

This map just sucks. It's always sucked, even when it was in Bad Company 1.

-Silver-

Me and you were more or less the only that held back, everyone else ran/drove forward. I thought I'd get on top of a building to help them out, after all I should able to defend our base from the few that slips through, and if not me then you were in the tank. I forgot that it takes roughly 30 secs for the chopper to spawn. We still won that round with the help of Abuc.

TheSeks

-Silver- said:
Me and you were more or less the only that held back, everyone else ran/drove forward. I thought I'd get on top of a building to help them out, after all I should able to defend our base from the few that slips through, and if not me then you were in the tank. I forgot that it takes roughly 30 secs for the chopper to spawn. We still won that round with the help of Abuc.

Yeah, I got pissed and went to dinner and came back to you guys having the chopper in the air (how the hell did that happen? Generally the priority is: kill bird before someone gets in it and takes off to avoid air-to-air, then take anti-air out) and winning the round. That was bizzare as generally as soon as the anti-air is taken out on the first base it's roll time.

I AM JOHN! said:
This map just sucks. It's always sucked, even when it was in Bad Company 1.

Nah, Bad Company 1 at least had non-volly anti-airs that did decent damage on the map. Here they outright suck unless you slap warhead on them and even then it's three shots every five seconds or something.

No_Style

Dreamgazer said:

Once again our unofficial leader gets hatemail. I love it.

TheSeks

Alright, that's the third time in three hours I've gotten frozen.

I think I'm done here for a week. :|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Alright, that's the third time in three hours I've gotten frozen.

I think I'm done here for a week. :|

Froze on me twice today... pretty annoying. I didn't even play that long!

Ugh. Literally the worst night I've ever had. I couldn't hit anything. There were definitely some lag issues (I stood next to people and my shots into them weren't registering), but I was also playing like a damn fool. I truly understand the term "rage quit" now.

still laggy, but we played until 1am est like usual... some SnA dudes rage quit on Valparaiso after their awesome chopper skills failed to arm and protect the crates on attack and w started rolling them on defense. you know their chopper is annoying when i switch to recon/m95 on defense and start flying on attack just so they don't steal it!

still laggy, but we played until 1am est like usual... some SnA dudes rage quit on Valparaiso after their awesome chopper skills failed to arm and protect the crates on attack and w started rolling them on defense. you know their chopper is annoying when i switch to recon/m95 on defense and start flying on attack just so they don't steal it!

I love tank mines under a chopper.
oh the agony on their face...

you know their chopper is annoying when i switch to recon/m95 on defense
Is that for slow damage or sniping the pilot? And what scope would you use for whichever approach you took?

I tend to just go CG or AT4 for anti-chopper stuff. My aim with the CG is so bad though that I'm starting to favour the AT4, and so many pilots have smoke that I don't even bother with tracer darts any more.

Top Bottom