• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

endlessflood said:
Is that for slow damage or sniping the pilot? And what scope would you use for whichever approach you took?

I tend to just go CG or AT4 for anti-chopper stuff. My aim with the CG is so bad though that I'm starting to favour the AT4, and so many pilots have smoke that I don't even bother with tracer darts any more.
just damage.

these guys were staying to the faaaaaar left/behind right up against the OOB line in the Blackhawk, flying in a big vertical O motion and i swear they were switching seats to pop smoke faster.

The Faceless Master said:
just damage.

these guys were staying to the faaaaaar left/behind right up against the OOB line in the Blackhawk, flying in a big vertical O motion and i swear they were switching seats to pop smoke faster.

Was this a special situation or is this a tactic you use often? Choppers annoy the shit out of me so I'm very interested in any tactic that might help...

Stallion Free said:
Why the fuck did they leave vehicles in the Squad Deathmatch maps? No wonder I never touched the mode before.

Bait...

Otherwise some squads will just stay in their corner all day.
Good squads also just set c4/tank mines on the vehicles ahead of time.

Stallion Free said:
Why the fuck did they leave vehicles in the Squad Deathmatch maps? No wonder I never touched the mode before.
it's 1 vehicle, and it can be a game changer or a huge trap!

endlessflood said:
Was this a special situation or is this a tactic you use often? Choppers annoy the shit out of me so I'm very interested in any tactic that might help...
yeah, i only use the tactic when a chopper is being especially annoying in Rush.

1stStrike

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
Bait...

Pretty much my main strategy for every map that has vehicles. "Hay guys check this kewl tank I left here."

*BOOM*

Dreamgazer said:
Bait...

We've been playing squad deathmatch over on PC-GAF and on the Cold War map, I always set 2 C4 on the APC from the 2nd story of the nearest building, and send one of my squad-mates to bait the enemy into stealing the APC.

Squadmate is killed, enemy sees nearby APC, jumps in with squad, we get 2-4 kills from the explosion. I jump down, grab the squadmates Medic Kit, revive him, and we do it again.

Stallion, you need to get online with Nabs, Snajay and I on some Vanilla BC2 Squad Deathmatch... Vietnam wasn't as fun for me the first chem i tried it last night...

diss

Banned
I got into this game about a week ago. I never really got into Battlefield before.

The singleplayer is more or less a pretty weak Modern Warfare clone. What a waste.

Why not use singleplayer to prepare players for multiplayer? The multiplayer is BRILLIANT. I had absolutely no fucking idea how to play multi after the campaign. Hell, I didn't even realise how to spot until it came up as a random loading tip.

After bumbling around online for an hour or two I went and looked up some guides, including the tips on the first page of this thread. I came back in completely enlightened on how the game actually works and started being a positive contributor, and having way more fun. Moral of the story: Teach people how to play your game!

And can I also add that the bug where it gives you a false "YOUR TEAM HAS LOST" cinematic even after you've won in Conquest really does your head in if you're still learning the rules :p Do you win if the numbers stay up? Do you win if it hits zero!? TELL ME GAME.

And I'm still not 100% on how to open the parachute.

Xux

I still can't believe that bug's still there; I mean, it's one or the other, right? It can't be that hard for the game to get it right.

And the parachute is just mash jump until it opens.

diss

Banned
Xux said:
I still can't believe that bug's still there; I mean, it's one or the other, right? It can't be that hard for the game to get it right.

Haha is that right? I got it into my head that it was double tap jump to open, one tap jump to close. So I'm freefalling, double tap, did it go? did it go? *splat*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Xux said:
I still can't believe that bug's still there; I mean, it's one or the other, right? It can't be that hard for the game to get it right

*DICElogo.gif*

It took them THREE YEARS to fix "I AM BAD COMPANY!" Don't bother waiting for them to fix this.

And can I also add that the bug where it gives you a false "YOUR TEAM HAS LOST" cinematic even after you've won in Conquest really does your head in if you're still learning the rules :p Do you win if the numbers stay up? Do you win if it hits zero!? TELL ME GAME.

Uh, it does explain this in the "JOIN NOW" section if you choose Squad DM/Squad Rush/Rush/Conquest instead of "Rush or Conquest" in the matchmaking options. Unless playing on PC, in which case I dunno.

Stallion Free said:

Because you're supposed to take it out ASAP when you know someone that isn't your squad (AKA: EVERYONE) gets in it.

Yeah, it's a kinda shitty mode (and I still say DM isn't meant for Battlefield and CoD kiddies should GTFO and take that shit mode with them), but vehicles don't break it. Lay C4 somewhere camp and earn kills. Or take it as an engineer, place it in a really good spot and take kills with it.

Haha is that right? I got into my head that it was double tap jump to open, one tap jump to close. So I'm freefalling, double tap, did it go? did it go? *splat*

If you're on consoles, you'll know it opened if you get a minor vibration plus the "slowed" falling speed. I'm a cripple dude, I have no sound so if I can figure it out, it isn't that hard, man.

They should've explained it was double-jump to open, sure. But I guess they expected console players to come from 1943/XBLA. Bad Company 1 has no parachute. Enjoy bailing and dying from your helicopter, suckers.

The Faceless Master said:
you know their chopper is annoying when i switch to recon/m95 on defense

Or DICE could give us a proper fucking anti-air instead of relying on M95/snipers to take them down when they're circling.

In fact had an infuriating match on Oasis yesterday (said match with Abu) where I take a tank, park it across their spawn. Machine gun the Helicopter, get overheated (SMH for no indicator) they repair it behind the hill. Come up and assfuck me due to the stupid 30 degree lock on the tank. Cue rage. :|

diss

Banned
TheSeks said:
Uh, it does explain this in the "JOIN NOW" section if you choose Squad DM/Squad Rush/Rush/Conquest instead of "Rush or Conquest" in the matchmaking options. Unless playing on PC, in which case I dunno.
I'm looking at that screen now on the 360 watching words scroll up in that little box. It doesn't say anything about numbers. It's not a big deal but I do confess to yelling HOW DID WE LOSE until I started to twig onto the fact that there was a bug and the existence of a Conquest winners pin which is always correctly awarded. I also confess to watching our team numbers tick down to zero and giving a cheer! YES! FIRST.

As for the parachute I only ever try to open one when spawning, and they seem to drop you in not that far from the ground so there's not that much margin for error. Hell for a while there I wasn't even aware of the existence of a parachute let alone how to open one correctly.

you only have to press jump once to pull a chute, you just have to fall far enough for it to be 'available'. mashing helps you not get hurt in short distance scenarios though!

TheSeks said:
Or DICE could give us a proper fucking anti-air instead of relying on M95/snipers to take them down when they're circling.

In fact had an infuriating match on Oasis yesterday (said match with Abu) where I take a tank, park it across their spawn. Machine gun the Helicopter, get overheated (SMH for no indicator) they repair it behind the hill. Come up and assfuck me due to the stupid 30 degree lock on the tank. Cue rage. :|
... but i'm talking about a Blackhawk hovering/bobbing near the edge of the map on Valparaiso ...

Xux said:

i still can't believe it worked right when the game launched and a few months later DICE BROKE IT ALL BY THEMSELVES!!!

WTF DICE???

TheSeks

diss said:
I'm looking at that screen now on the 360 watching words scroll up in that little box. It doesn't say anything about numbers. It's not a big deal but I do confess to yelling HOW DID WE LOSE until I started to twig onto the fact that there was a bug and the existence of a Conquest winners pin which is always correctly awarded. I also confess to watching our team numbers tick down to zero and giving a cheer! YES! FIRST!

Rush: "The Attacking forces in Rush must advance through the enemies defense lines destroying pairs of M-COM stations. Once a pair is destroyed, it's time to move forward. The Defending team must hold the M-COMs safe until the Attackers run out of reinforcements."

AKA: Take the crates on attack to win. Kill everyone until the tickets run out on defense.

Conquest: "Conquest focuses on the capture and control of flags. Once a team captures a control point, its members can respawn in the area and gain access to the vehicles stationed there. Maintaining control over the flags on the battlefield and making the opposing team suffer heavier casualties is the keys to victory in Conquest."

AKA: "Hold flags and kill the enemy until the ticket count is 0 to win." Granted, this description of the mode doesn't account for ticket bleed ("just hold more flags than them, the more you hold the faster the ticket bleed to where you can win without firing a single bullet"), but it's an okay explanation of the mode.

Squad Rush: "Squad Rush is a test of skill and tight teamplay. Two four-man Squads battle over two single M-COM stations and just as in regular Rush the Attacking team must destroy the M-COM objective before they run out of reinforcements."

AKA: "15 tickets. Good luck taking the crates!"

Squad Deathmatch: "In Squad Deathmatch, four Squads are pitched against each other in close-quarter battle. The first Squad to reach 50 confirmed kills will emerge victorious from the battlefield. Each battle features an Infantry Fighting Vehicle that must quickly be eliminated should it fall into enemy hands."

AKA: "First to 50 kills wins. Take out the tank/Bradley if someone not in your squad takes it!"

Faceless said:
... but i'm talking about a Blackhawk hovering/bobbing near the edge of the map on Valparaiso ...

Oh, then they must have shit gunners. A proper Blackhawk with a good gunner platform would generally eat the infantry/snipers that pop up to try to take potshots on them.

TheSeks said:
Oh, then they must have shit gunners. A proper Blackhawk with a good gunner platform would generally eat the infantry/snipers that pop up to try to take potshots on them.
they had good gunners, i was just as far away from them as possible and they were too busy gunning down the much closer engineers shooting rpgs and tracers.

TheSeks

OMG 5:49 there was about 8 players in the server. 6:15-:30ish we get a full server.

Can't seem to get that in a prime-time (US: 8PM-12AM) game anymore. WTF, DICE?

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
where were you?
(Although yesterday Dan and I was playing killzone 3)

I don't know, I didn't see anybody playing for the second night in a row when I put the game in (at my usual time of 9PM - 11PM).
JJD joined me late but other than that it was just me and the good ol' randoms

Xux

olimpia84 said:
I don't know, I didn't see anybody playing for the second night in a row when I put the game in (at my usual time of 9PM - 11PM).
JJD joined me late but other than that it was just me and the good ol' randoms

I usually get on pretty late myself since I get out of work at 9:30ish if you don't mind someone as bad as me. PSN is Xuxly.

UFRA

1stStrike said:
Bleh Killzone 3. I put an hour and a half into the SP and turned it off. Might try it again one of these days.

I was pretty much turned away from it thanks to the private beta, and that was from the multiplayer aspect.

One of these nights I gotta hop back on with PS3 BC2 GAF. :)

Haven't been playing many shooters lately aside from Mass Effect 2 which has shooting but is obviously much more than just that.

I also just haven't been playing multiplayer games much lately in general. I've been kinda stressed out lately due to job related things and I'd rather just relax and do whatever I feel like in the meantime lol.

I have a big interview tomorrow which will be deciding whether I get a transfer that I want which includes a new job assignment, pay increase, with the exception of relocation. So yeah, it's been kinda stressful lately. :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sorry PS3 gaf... got the frostbite freeze... right after we lost A.

Took a shotgun round and the game locked.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Sorry PS3 gaf... got the frostbite freeze... right after we lost A.

Took a shotgun round and the game locked.

It's fine. JJD wasn't much help either.

I'm sitting there you're both in B. I'm like "WTF, THAT'S <D 2.0> GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO AND DEFEND A! A! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" >:|

And then I clear the desert of the real just in the nick of time (PROTIP: SOMEONE GIVE ME GODDAMN AMMO INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE IN B. DERP DERP. FUCKING SHOOTING THE BOX TO GET AMMO PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ), and yet... randoms go to push to the front and not cover holes so they get in behind us, fucking take B (on my watch), clear them out and they push to A. Get behind me, get wiped out. JJD no where to be found. J not motion mining (assault) and... they take A. Cue them swarming B because the rest of the team can't fucking hold it to save their lives (fucking randoms) and then they swarm A after.

Imad.jpg :| Worst. Goddamn. Team. I've ever been on, I swear. How the fuck do you lose the second set after I take 10 mins to clear all the trees out!? ARGH.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
It's fine. JJD wasn't much help either.

I'm sitting there you're both in B. I'm like "WTF, THAT'S <D 2.0> GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO AND DEFEND A! A! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" >:|

And then I clear the desert of the real just in the nick of time (PROTIP: SOMEONE GIVE ME GODDAMN AMMO INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE IN B. DERP DERP. FUCKING SHOOTING THE BOX TO GET AMMO PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ), and yet... randoms go to push to the front and not cover holes so they get in behind us, fucking take B (on my watch), clear them out and they push to A. Get behind me, get wiped out. JJD no where to be found. J not motion mining (assault) and... they take A. Cue them swarming B because the rest of the team can't fucking hold it to save their lives (fucking randoms) and then they swarm A after.

Imad.jpg :| Worst. Goddamn. Team. I've ever been on, I swear. How the fuck do you lose the second set after I take 10 mins to clear all the trees out!? ARGH.

I never went anywhere near B that round. I ignore it. I was never more than 10 feet away from A. (unless I died and had to run from a weird spawn)

We were outnumbered when losing A... they had like 9-10 tickets left but a couple decent players joined them and we lost people. They swarmed and we couldn't hold them off.

I actually have to give them credit they used good teamwork to take A because honestly we had it pretty much locked down.

Shit happens. I was just annoyed that the game froze again. I don't even play that much and it's freezing like every-other-game or so. :/

TheSeks

All I know is that JJD is over near B and no where near A. I'm taking care of business in the tree chopping services and I'm like "WTF."

It doesn't help that the defending/our team of randoms couldn't defend to save their lives. Hell, they were pretty bad in Arica Rush as well. Bunch of snipers sitting where I was sniping/spotting/trying to take B. I'm like "WTF, dudes, I WAS HERE FIRST. GTFO."

BFBC2_MotionSensor.png

People have no love for it

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:

I don't throw it out in general as I'm staying WAAAAAAAAAY the fuck back sniping and spotting people/priorities while throwing mortars at a safe distance.

Cue a bunch of randoms and them pulling the same thing without doing motion mines or mortars. Just sniping. I'm like "SMH."

Olimpia joins and I'm like "well, I'm in sniper dick mode because no one else was around. *leaves squad*" and suddenly him, J and JJD started taking crates and then I joined them and dan in taking last set, arming it and holding B as they filed up the stair case single-file after I blew the hell out of most of the cover with a tank.

Nelson Bay comes up and the randoms can't defend to save their lives. I'm like ":|"

TheSeks said:
I don't throw it out in general as I'm staying WAAAAAAAAAY the fuck back sniping and spotting people/priorities while throwing mortars at a safe distance.

Cue a bunch of randoms and them pulling the same thing without doing motion mines or mortars. Just sniping. I'm like "SMH."

I throw them out in general.
You'll never know what you can find.

TheSeks

I'll throw them if I'm in enemy base territory or sneaking in. But if I'm sitting all the way in the back of the base it's a waste just throwing them in the middle of the base. Someone will sneak up and kill me eventually, why bother throwing them out?

TheSeks said:
I'll throw them if I'm in enemy base territory or sneaking in. But if I'm sitting all the way in the back of the base it's a waste just throwing them in the middle of the base. Someone will sneak up and kill me eventually, why bother throwing them out?

Unless it's long maps like arica or atacama we're talking about, I feel it's always just better to throw them out anyway if you're just going to sit in the base.

You'll at least be able catch that guy that is coming up to knife you.

Xux

Dreamgazer said:

I was playing SDM the other night and I was in a squad with a medic that hid in a bush most of the time and a sniper that ran around with his pistol out and never threw a motion ball. We came in second and were down by around 35 kills 'cause no one could do shit about the tank whore squad. It was pretty bad.

TheSeks

OMG Faceless:

IRC said:
> flying the helicopter into the camera view or mining the bridge in White Pass
s> He runs out into out of bounds and throws mines there?
> yup

Why did you never tell me this was possible!? Now I have to go out of my way tomorrow to see this camera view.

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
The Bradleys actually set off the mines? :lol

Apparently. :lol I haven't seen it myself, but the person I had Faceless add to his XBL list that I'm in an IRC channel with told me he did this. If true, I wonder if you can get the Arica tank to explode as well after it crushes the "phone," but then I have to wager where the tank is for that.

My all time favorite was me getting nailed in the Blackhawk by the jets on Valdez beta. Pure luck. Wish I had that on video. The other day Nightman managed to fly the Blackhawk into the winning camera near the power pole on Valparaiso, which was almost as cool since I wasn't expecting it.

That's nothing. UFRA set up for the camera winshot in the attack chopper and I was gunner. End the round, the Apache EXPLODES and drops me and him to our death. I'm like "WTF? :lol"

Can't top BF2's winning cam madness. One time on Wake Island I saw around 5 jets and helis crash under the bridge all at once. Now that takes coordination.

Definitely a funny part of the series.

People do this often? I honestly focus on winning the rounds to where I can't be bothered going all the way back to the beginning of the map to have my face show up in the win camera.

Dan and I seen a end game sequence that toppled JM's chopper one. It was on Valparaiso I think and a chopper blew up in a unique way. I can hardly remember it since it was weeks ago, but man it was awesome.

I wonder did Dan get accepted in gaf yet.

JM pm me on gaf the day you are going to play. I'm to lazy to check this thread this week. I hope things go well with your job advancement.

Mr Sandman said:
The Bradleys actually set off the mines? :lol
yeah, they do on White Pass.

Drove a quad and UAV the other day for the winning cam for some interesting results. The Bradley flung the UAV.

My all time favorite was me getting nailed in the Blackhawk by the jets on Valdez beta. Pure luck. Wish I had that on video. The other day Nightman managed to fly the Blackhawk into the winning camera near the power pole on Valparaiso, which was almost as cool since I wasn't expecting it.

Can't top BF2's winning cam madness. One time on Wake Island I saw around 5 jets and helis crash under the bridge all at once. Now that takes coordination.

Definitely a funny part of the series.
yeah, i got into doing win screen cameos because some of the people i play with are really into it. some of them are really hilarious looking too, especially when a large group of us pull it off!

TheSeks said:
Apparently. :lol I haven't seen it myself, but the person I had Faceless add to his XBL list that I'm in an IRC channel with told me he did this. If true, I wonder if you can get the Arica tank to explode as well after it crushes the "phone," but then I have to wager where the tank is for that.
well, the AT Mines only blow themselves up on White Pass but you can find that Arica Harbor spot on the map, the phone is there too. it's just before the fork in the road, look around the area by the burnt out white car. you can also blow up the mines yourself on many locations, all you have to do is hold the grenade button before the game ends, and when the game ends, the grenade drops. BOOM!

That's nothing. UFRA set up for the camera winshot in the attack chopper and I was gunner. End the round, the Apache EXPLODES and drops me and him to our death. I'm like "WTF? :lol"

People do this often? I honestly focus on winning the rounds to where I can't be bothered going all the way back to the beginning of the map to have my face show up in the win camera.
oh yeah, we do it often enough. well, as long as we feel we're going to win... i should record some videos with my phone!

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Crakatak187 said:
Dan and I seen a end game sequence that toppled JM's chopper one. It was on Valparaiso I think and a chopper blew up in a unique way. I can hardly remember it since it was weeks ago, but man it was awesome.

JM pm me on gaf the day you are going to play. I'm to lazy to check this thread this week. I hope things go well with your job advancement.

Haha, yeah, those were both good moments. Crak - I'm pretty sure the one you're thinking of was when the UAV crashed into my Blackhawk on that map during the end game cinematic.

And np, I'll PM you with my plans when I decide. Most likely it will be this weekend (sunday perhaps) since next week I'll be in San Francisco.

UFRA said:
And np, I'll PM you with my plans when I decide. Most likely it will be this weekend (sunday perhaps) since next week I'll be in San Francisco.

You better pm everyone, so PS3 GAF has a set time to "reunite" again.

Honestly, the games died down a bit for us starting a week before killzone 3 release and already a boat load of people started to complain "where are the ps3 gaffers no one is playing!!!" (mostly 8pm EST to later people)

We're all just too addicted to this game.

(I'm not helping the situation since I don't feel like playing unless - Crak, Dan, Abu or evolved is on. That or 2 or more people that I feel I can rely on....hence why I don't join olimpia on his lone games >.>)

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
So the heli...explodes? I do this all the time on Atacama. Start flying out toward the ocean with like 2 tickets left. The heli will be cruising against the flow of the other helis then finally blow on camera. I mean it's cool and all but I don't see how that's more impressive that a jet randomly nailing the BH. Speaking of which, was that fixed? I haven't seen it since the beta.

Nah, if I remember right UFRA sets up to hover in the middle of the camera. A rocket gets fired right before the game is over/crate explodes and hits us. SPLAT.

Edit: Found the phone, Faceless. You're right it's always there. Weird. But I guess expected.

Also did the AT Mines on White Pass. Yeah, they don't explode the Braldeys, but they do throw some explosions into the camera as a "firework" effect.

Also mined the phone. No explosions. Holding the grenade button doesn't drop a grenade. YOU LIE. ;___; All the way from Last Set (literally) in the water sneaking past the enemy, hoofing it up to first base as the tickets dwindle. Lay AT mines. Hoof it to their start (oh, hey the invincible spawn protection leaves!) and knifed the UAV they kept up for the whole game. Hump his corpse in celebration and then... "shit, I'm ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the way to the back of the map. I can't defend... FUUUUUUU--"

(YOUR TEAM WINS)
AT mines on the phone.

"FUCK YEA--Wait, it isn't exploding. WTF. AND WHY ISN'T MY GRENADE EXPLODING!? ;___;"

TheSeks

Damn I'm good. *snaps a picture of that*

5561 score (ACE, enemy teams highest? 3400 or so)

18 kills
14 deaths

1.29 KDR

Held second set of Isla Innocentes. Awesome. Enemies coming out of nowhere, blackhawk landing letting them out and just running around reviving people and killing where I could. Stealing dead engineer weapons to hassle the tank to move back.

did you actually have a grenade on you? it does indeed drop if you have the grenade held in your hand before the win screen shows.

I was holding R2 for like a minute waiting for the win camera, man. It doesn't teleport over there.

TheSeks

Frostbite freeze. Did my Fireworks for White Pass go off? :(

How is sunday night for PS3 GAF

No, get your ass on now while everyone else is.

Why you posting bad rounds bro?

Better yet: Why is he still blurring names. What, PC gamers will get your name, find out where you live and kill you for rolling?

Top Bottom