• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

UFRA

Dreamgazer said:
Now that JM and I got new jobs, we should pitch in some money and buy you a new one

Sorry I haven't been on much T_T

When did you get yours? Did you go to the IRS like you were considering a few weeks ago?

I just got my conditional job offer today actually. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Whats the max rank you can get? 50?

JonCha

Damn, my consistency in games spikes like crazy. Sometimes I'm beadting at 13-2 or 23-17, then other times I'm going -1 and -2. Seems like I'm not doing anything differently, but some idiot will come up behind and shoot me in the back. This seems to be the only way I get killed, basically, apart from things like mortar strikes and tanks. Annoys me as I'm a lot better than these kinda players but they seem to get loads of cheap kills.

meppi

Woohoo! Got my first hate mail as well! :)

Some moron called Khameir from Holland I believe, perhaps Belgium.
Sent me: Noob look yr ratio!

At first I thought that he might be from that last game where I got 12 dogtags on defense as I was sneaking up from behind enemy lines most of the match. :)

But no, looks like it was from the very first game I played, not even 10 minutes in.
Sucked really bad those first couple of games as two clans did nothing but camp inside houses and shoot through windows from the other side of the map.
I don't even remember him.

I guess I should start playing like those COD ratio whores and do nothing but camp for kills and ignore any objectives. That would probably make me a "real gamer". lol

Was tempted to reply with lol noob, 1.17 win/loss ratio against my 2.75, but I went with the classic: lol u mad! :D instead. ;)

meppi said:
Woohoo! Got my first hate mail as well! :)

Some moron called Khameir from Holland I believe, perhaps Belgium.
Sent me: Noob look yr ratio!

At first I thought that he might be from that last game where I got 12 dogtags on defense as I was sneaking up from behind enemy lines most of the match. :)

But no, looks like it was from the very first game I played, not even 10 minutes in.
Sucked really bad those first couple of games as two clans did nothing but camp inside houses and shoot through windows from the other side of the map.
I don't even remember him.

I guess I should start playing like those COD ratio whores and do nothing but camp for kills and ignore any objectives. That would probably make me a "real gamer". lol

Was tempted to reply with lol noob, 1.17 win/loss ratio against my 2.75, but I went with the classic: lol u mad! :D instead. ;)
u mad is my most used troll tool, lol always pisses them off

luiztfc

I bought BC2 at launch, but due to the severe lag I was experiencing I dropped the game. Now that I found servers with no lag (don't live in the us) and I was able to manage the input lag that haunted me (using lower config), I'm having a blast.

BTW, recommend me good tweaks, plese. Is the Negative Mouse Acceleration such a big deal? This seems to help with it, but I'm quite skeptical to use it.
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWYg6JkZ5W4DZGhrOW1oNzZfMWY5NGdkeHF6&hl=en&pli=1

Jas

Good games MemoryCure, Meppi, and Mancunian. Only got a chance to play a couple of games this afternoon but those were fun and really competitive.

I thought you bailed Meppi because when you joined we were getting our asses handed to us by 2 choppers on Oasis but you just squaded up with Mancunian. Winning that game felt good :)

Got a new gfx for my birthday last year. Hadn't thought to try out BC2, then I read an article about BF3 and decide to fire it up again.

Drool.

just drool.

OttomanScribe said:
Got a new gfx for my birthday last year. Hadn't thought to try out BC2, then I read an article about BF3 and decide to fire it up again.

Drool.

just drool.
what kind of card and settings you running, if you don't mind me asking?

meppi

Jas said:
Good games MemoryCure, Meppi, and Mancunian. Only got a chance to play a couple of games this afternoon but those were fun and really competitive.

I thought you bailed Meppi because when you joined we were getting our asses handed to us by 2 choppers on Oasis but you just squaded up with Mancunian. Winning that game felt good :)

Yeah, sorry about leaving the squad.
We came from another game that really sucked, so we joined your game.
But as I joined, we were in a full squad so he couldn't join as well.
Since he's my best friend, I naturally always squad up with him.
Our playstyle is extremely similar and we both speak Dutch throughout the games, so as to not annoy everyone else, we mute others anyway, unless we're playing by ourselves.

I couldn't believe we won that Oasis map like we did.
Put up a good defense at the second set, but it got taken anyway.
I finally was able to tracer one of those circle-strafing baboons and shoot him down. Felt so good. :D

The very last M-com defense we just insane.
Being surrounded by enemies from all sides at all times, yet still able to hold them off. :)

Oh, and if I'm not accepting invites, that's probably because my notifications are turned off due to not liking how it displays people going on and offline every 45 seconds.

Jas

meppi said:
Yeah, sorry about leaving the squad.
We came from another game that really sucked, so we joined your game.
But as I joined, we were in a full squad so he couldn't join as well.
Since he's my best friend, I naturally always squad up with him.
Our playstyle is extremely similar and we both speak Dutch throughout the games, so as to not annoy everyone else, we mute others anyway, unless we're playing by ourselves.

I couldn't believe we won that Oasis map like we did.
Put up a good defense at the second set, but it got taken anyway.
I finally was able to tracer one of those circle-strafing baboons and shoot him down. Felt so good. :D

The very last M-com defense we just insane.
Being surrounded by enemies from all sides at all times, yet still able to hold them off. :)

Oh, and if I'm not accepting invites, that's probably because my notifications are turned off due to not liking how it displays people going on and offline every 45 seconds.

Yeah, I'm the same way with mannyramirez2006 since he's a real life friend.

I figured that was you with the trace, you're very good with the tracer dart gun. I ended up getting the other chopper on the 3rd set AA gun. One of the guys on the other team during that game is ranked something like 12th on PS3 so we were playing some pretty good people.

what kind of card and settings you running, if you don't mind me asking?

A Radeon HD 5870 and from memory I run most of them on the highest I can get em. Though with the brightness turned down some, glare much!?

I love the moments that emerge from the game. Even if they don't quite get to BF1942 level.

I am unsure if it is cooler fleeing from a building as a tank brings it down around you, or being in a tank destroying a building full of snipers.

OttomanScribe said:
A Radeon HD 5870 and from memory I run most of them on the highest I can get em. Though with the brightness turned down some, glare much!?

I love the moments that emerge from the game. Even if they don't quite get to BF1942 level.

I am unsure if it is cooler fleeing from a building as a tank brings it down around you, or being in a tank destroying a building full of snipers.
Another great thing is rushing in and c4ing the ground level lol

scoobs

Man its amazing running this game at 1080p, 16xAF,32xAA and running at 75fps. Its like I'm a whole generation ahead of everyone else lol

Calion

Got some rad fanmail just now:

IMAG0699.jpg

They so mad.

olimpia84

Played BC2 for like 4 hours straight (Conquest), won all the games I've played and got ace pins most of the time. The only thing that stopped me from continuing was the Frostbite freeze but in a way I'm glad it happened because I needed a break

Calion

Crakatak187 said:
Man I never get fan mails to that extent, but I hardly send any messages at all.

I wasn't even camping. It was Isla Defense. I ran to wookie lookout point and ran around waiting for enemies. I racked up about 10 kills before I died, then got the hate mail. (Responding with "U MAD?" of course)

Jas

Must be fanmail night...

28imhjb.jpg

Got that in a game with Seks and dantheman.
I never reply to this stuff so he felt the need to send another message saying "cheating mother fucker".
I guess he thought I might of missed the point of his first message, lol. I told dantheman what was going on during the game and he had some fun with him :)

Jas said:
Must be fanmail night...

28imhjb.jpg

Got that in a game with Seks and dantheman.
I never reply to this stuff so he felt the need to send another message saying "cheating mother fucker".
I guess he thought I might of missed the point of his first message, lol. I told dantheman what was going on during the game and he had some fun with him :)

I usually just reply something like I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback and/or thanks I appreciate it, good game to you too. Remaining friendly and positive seems to make these types rage even more.

So I have been thinking about getting back into BC2 because the PS3 version of BLOPS is so goddamn terrible. A few questions if someone doesn't mind answering them. Is there still a good community for BC2? Is the Vietnam DLC worth $15? Has there been any other substantial DLC and it is paid DLC or VIP stuff? I think VIP MP #3 or something was the last one I saw while I still had the game, could be wrong though. I thought I read somewhere that they eventually started releasing actual new maps? All I had ever seen were existing maps opened up for other modes. Thanks.

Bumblebeetuna said:
So I have been thinking about getting back into BC2 because the PS3 version of BLOPS is so goddamn terrible. A few questions if someone doesn't mind answering them. Is there still a good community for BC2? Is the Vietnam DLC worth $15? Has there been any other substantial DLC and it is paid DLC or VIP stuff? I think VIP MP #3 or something was the last one I saw while I still had the game, could be wrong though. I thought I read somewhere that they eventually started releasing actual new maps? All I had ever seen were existing maps opened up for other modes. Thanks.

The Aussie PS3 BFBC2 servers are full just about 24/7 so I'd imagine it's still got a fairly active community elsewhere in the world as well. If anything since Vietnam the number of people playing seems to have picked up.

The only DLC has been the SpecAct guns and outfits, Onslaught mode, and Vietnam. All of the vanilla map packs have been free to people with VIP codes.

Xux

Why can't you get stars on the Flamethrower? That's so stupid. I need to play this game more often.

And, to further cement my late to the partyness for Vietnam, the way your team yells and shit instead using a radio is such an awesome touch.

U2NUMB

Seems EA is overall having some server issues today.. not with gameplay but stats. Lost connection to my Autolog in NFS so I jumped over to BFBC2 and now the stats are not loading.

Tendo

I played BF2 a ton back in 05. Got this during the steam sale and finally tried multi last night and today. I suck. So bad. But I'm still having fun. I find I'm getting shot by guys I can't even see yet which is a pain. Wish I had gotten into this sooner.

witness

Got this a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't played it since the PS3 beta (bought the 360 version). At first I was terrible but now that I've gained some levels and unlocked a fair amount of equipment, I'm holding my own and doing pretty well for myself. I was shocked that I went on an 8 kill streak, might not seem like a lot to some of you but for me it was epic. I prefer playing as a medic, running around defibbing and healing and using an LMG is just a lot of fun. I've played a little bit of the engineer and some recon for a change of pace.

I really wish that I bought this game right when it came out, but I am glad that the community is still big for it.

Pete Rock

I just got mortar struck in a stolen circle strafing apache at full speed, no headshot but somehow right thru the cockpit... 300 hours and I've never seen that before, heh

PS3 gaf seems pretty dead now or not bothering posting about their day or taking a break.

I'm not bored with my PS3 broken. I got my PSP thankfully.

Top Bottom