• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Argh. All recon teams are the worse to play on :(

No flags capped. I'm the only person on my team not a recon, they are all sitting on a hill above base sniping. *sigh*

scoobs

OttomanScribe said:
Argh. All recon teams are the worse to play on :(

No flags capped. I'm the only person on my team not a recon, they are all sitting on a hill above base sniping. *sigh*
Aggressive recon is my new favorite class to play. SAIGA or G3 and c4 is just too much fun. It gets to the point where I feel bad for whoever im playing against

Calion

Crakatak187 said:
PS3 gaf seems pretty dead now or not bothering posting about their day or taking a break.

I'm not bored with my PS3 broken. I got my PSP thankfully.

I play whenever I have time. The servers were taking a dump yesterday, so playing a game without latency was a challenge. Other than that, ejas, olimpia, meppi, dan, rock, Seks, and I play regularly (or whenever possible).

Friend and I played a 24/7 Phu Bai conquest, where vehicles instantly respawned (and respawn times, in general, were shortened). Absolute pandemonium with tanks and choppers always around, but a lot of fun. Our new favorite tactic is flying the chopper and with one of us as recon, drop off/parachute the recon on top of tanks and load them with C4.

So are the win/loss screens broken on the 360? It seems like it says Your Team Won! or Your Team Lost! at the wrong times, and says different things for different people on the same team.

Genesis Knight said:
So are the win/loss screens broken on the 360? It seems like it says Your Team Won! or Your Team Lost! at the wrong times, and says different things for different people on the same team.
It's been that way for a long time now and yes they are broken. Such a basic thing that DICE could never get right...

Darkshier said:
It's been that way for a long time now and yes they are broken. Such a basic thing that DICE could never get right...

So bizarre. How the hell did that not get caught in QA or any of the patches? Have the dev team ever acknowledged it?

The mind boggles.

-Silver-

Crakatak187 said:
PS3 gaf seems pretty dead now or not bothering posting about their day or taking a break..

Not really a lot to talk about: (rockscar2 was up number 1 or 2, can't remember before he left)
IMG_0086.jpg

Most games end up like this one, the ones worth mentioning usually are.
And for the sake of it:
IMG_0085.jpg

I didn't take a shot of the table but rockscar2 was following behind with about 3K, everyone else was about 1-1.5K.

UFRA said:
What's the ETA on a new PS3? :p
Since me and my brother is pitching in. I already have my Hundred and fifty down. I'm waiting for his portion. We're like hey both our PS3 is dead lets pitch in for one and there is no reason for me to fully own one now.

I'm waiting for his portion.

God damn I hurt my arm waking up from a dream.

Crakatak187 said:
PS3 gaf seems pretty dead now or not bothering posting about their day or taking a break.

I'm not bored with my PS3 broken. I got my PSP thankfully.

Work been tough.
Then when I do come on (9PM EST+) most of my regular crowd people are on break.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Wazzim said:
Did someone buy the EA store version? Mine shuts down to the desktop after I die. :( (campaign mode)
I did, and definitely didn't have that problem, of course I played the campaign a long time ago and they have the pre-patched version for download now I believe.

Wazzim

Banned
poppabk said:
I did, and definitely didn't have that problem, of course I played the campaign a long time ago and they have the pre-patched version for download now I believe.
Hmm I have the pre-patched version too, just bought it today. Maybe it's just a level specific problem because the Japan one didn't have that problem unlike the snow level.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some honest opinions on this game as I'm deciding whether to purchase it tomorrow or not.

Basically I'm completely sick of COD, don't have many friends playing Reach (while being an amazing game, many playlists are frustratingly awful without a solid team/party) and am looking for some new FPS games to get into. I have Crysis 2 preordered for my TDM fix and was planning on Homefront for a more strategic experience - but it's seemingly awful and I'm going to avoid it now.

I bought BC2 day one and found myself disappointed with the game. The gunplay and gun models were terrible, Snipers and vehicle campers where everywhere, conquest mode was terrible with it's pooled ticket system and there were fuck all maps.

So I'd like some honest opinions on what the game is like now. I found the general gameplay and audio/visual design amazing, and would like to know what has changed, and if the community is active enough to have some good lag-free matches as an Australian 360 player.

I understand there is DLC now, and would like to know what it features and whether it is required or worth my money to play the game?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stripper13 said:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some honest opinions on this game as I'm deciding whether to purchase it tomorrow or not.

Basically I'm completely sick of COD, don't have many friends playing Reach (while being an amazing game, many playlists are frustratingly awful without a solid team/party) and am looking for some new FPS games to get into. I have Crysis 2 preordered for my TDM fix and was planning on Homefront for a more strategic experience - but it's seemingly awful and I'm going to avoid it now.

I bought BC2 day one and found myself disappointed with the game. The gunplay and gun models were terrible, Snipers and vehicle campers where everywhere, conquest mode was terrible with it's pooled ticket system and there were fuck all maps.

So I'd like some honest opinions on what the game is like now. I found the general gameplay and audio/visual design amazing, and would like to know what has changed, and if the community is active enough to have some good lag-free matches as an Australian 360 player.

I understand there is DLC now, and would like to know what it features and whether it is required or worth my money to play the game?

Wait for Crysis 2.

the only thing that has objectively changed is the amount of maps, and i doubt your subjective opinions on the gunplay, the ticket system, snipers and vehicle camping will be any different this time around.

the game just isn't for you.

The Faceless Master said:
Wait for Crysis 2.

the only thing that has objectively changed is the amount of maps, and i doubt your subjective opinions on the gunplay, the ticket system, snipers and vehicle camping will be any different this time around.

the game just isn't for you.
Thanks for the honesty - I don't hate the game by any means, I just struggled with some elements at launch. The sound design in particular was incredible, and I was hoping that provided I ignored some of the gun elements, the strategic nature of the maps and vehicles would be enough. Still up in the air whether I will grab it or not though.

Went on around 730P PST to try and plat my XM8. needed only 8 kills left. played arica harbor with randoms at one point we were behind when I joined the game and ended up winning. randoms werent too bad this round. I swear the other team had majority medics running around.

hopefully i can catch the rest of the ps3 folks online again. are you guys going on earlier in the day? if so what time? i try to get on by 630p PST if i can.

Stripper13 said:
Thanks for the honesty - I don't hate the game by any means, I just struggled with some elements at launch. The sound design in particular was incredible, and I was hoping that provided I ignored some of the gun elements, the strategic nature of the maps and vehicles would be enough. Still up in the air whether I will grab it or not though.
well, you made it sound like you liked everything about the game except the actual gameplay and design/flow of the game. the gunplay, love it, like it or hate it, hasn't changed. the people playing recon, camping in their recon spots haven't changed. the guys waiting at the helipad haven't changed. there have been a few tweaks in weapon damage and handling, but they're still in the same ballpark. there are more maps, many of them awesome, but if the gameplay and gunplay are what you don't like, that won't matter.

lionelhutz

Stripper13 said:

I was in the same position as you. I was tired of CoD's and nobody on my list was playing Reach. I think I purchased BC2 two or three times before it finally stuck. Now I'm completely engrossed with the Rush MP mode. I haven't touched the campaign or other MP modes. It's possible it may not be your game, but I understand where you're coming from when it doesn't click the first time. If you have the option, buy it used so you can return it within a week or borrow it from a friend. The next time you try it might click.

witness

And now my fiance loves watching the multiplayer in this game! Had a great game tonight and an amazing run for myself as a soldier. Thinking about buying into the Vietnam expansion, do a lot of people play it on 360?

Watched some MP footage for this game for a while last night. I'm thinking I will grab it today. Just a question though. Are there many Australian 360 players? And is it required to have the VIP or DLC content to play with everyone?

Massa

Stripper13 said:
Watched some MP footage for this game for a while last night. I'm thinking I will grab it today. Just a question though. Are there many Australian 360 players? And is it required to have the VIP or DLC content to play with everyone?

In terms of DLC I'd highly recommend you get a VIP code (which is included with all new copies of the game). Vietnam and Onslaught you can decide later on if you want to get them.

olimpia84

duracell017 said:
Went on around 730P PST to try and plat my XM8. needed only 8 kills left. played arica harbor with randoms at one point we were behind when I joined the game and ended up winning. randoms werent too bad this round. I swear the other team had majority medics running around.

hopefully i can catch the rest of the ps3 folks online again. are you guys going on earlier in the day? if so what time? i try to get on by 630p PST if i can.

I'll be on this weekend, I've been busy with work lately and haven't touched my PS3

Pete Rock

Nothing has touched this game since release, not even close, in terms of multiplayer. Games have literally released in more broken states and still have failed to recover and develop into even half the game this is in terms of tactical depth and options for the player, squad and overall team at any given time. If you prefer some 1996 style power weapon/item timer whoring bullshit with movement speeds and maps designed to coddle the brain of an infant then there are certainly other options available.

Picked up an XIM3, G13 and a 5600 dpi mouse and just tried it in BC2 last night for an hour. Oh, my god. M24 headshots for days. Once I recondition my muscle memory for the new bindings I will be a trolling machine. Also, a nice piece of kit given the pricetag.

Pete Rock said:
Nothing has touched this game since release, not even close, in terms of multiplayer. Games have literally released in more broken states and still have failed to recover and develop into even half the game this is in terms of tactical depth and options for the player, squad and overall team at any given time. If you prefer some 1996 style power weapon/item timer whoring bullshit with movement speeds and maps designed to coddle the brain of an infant then there are certainly other options available.

Picked up an XIM3, G13 and a 5600 dpi mouse and just tried it in BC2 last night for an hour. Oh, my god. M24 headshots for days. Once I recondition my muscle memory for the new bindings I will be a trolling machine. Also, a nice piece of kit given the pricetag.
hold up a second there... XIM3 is out!?

*goes off to tell friend*

UFRA

What a crappy team we played against today, Seks.

All they wanted to do was turn Rush into TDM. Barely tried to get the objectives, and just camped at their base. Ugh...and most were level 50's too.

Is this how people play the game now? :(

UFRA said:

All they wanted to do was turn Rush into TDM. Barely tried to get the objectives, and just camped at their base. Ugh...and most were level 50's too.

Is this how people play the game now? :(

when did u guys play?
I ended up playing kz3 with abu and enron

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that ban was stupid.

*comes back to the thread, reads*

What the hell went on in here since I left?

UFRA said:

That helicopter was TROLOLOLOL.

I really wanted to go sniper, but I knew they were gunning for me when they nearly hit me near the door so I was like NOPE.AVI.DLL.EXE.JPG while you were going around as engineer.

No one has been playing for a few weeks now, man. Since I got banned, I went to UT3 to finish it up and platinum it (I did, after two-three years since it got the trophy/achievement patch. Oh boy!), Dive In 25 for LBP2 (leaving Acing the levels) and blah blah blah, basically I just went to do other shit as there was no need for me to play BC2 those two weeks.

I did join Ejas and Rock and a few others a week back and they weren't spotting. At all. DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH. I'm like "Gee, thanks, guys. >:|" (In addition to attempting to spot and it not working. Fuck you and your shitty design decision DICE. I want my "on hit you're spotted" back)

Faceless said:
Wait for Crysis 2.

:lol x 20

*reads: 360*

:lol x 10, then. PS3 version is so bad they're pulling the demo not even a WEEK after it launched.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok guys i will be playing lame for the next month or so.
Im going for the sniper,C4 and mines badges. V__V

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Ok guys i will be playing lame for the next month or so.
Im going for the sniper,C4 and mines badges. V__V

Go Conquest on the... forgetting the map name (does that tell you how bad Conquest in BC2 is to where I don't play it often except to gun star?), the one with a river and hill C. Cap/take B. Climb up the out of bounds and hide in a fence. Sniper dick toward C. Generally you'll get stragglers/snipers up there to take out.

Or if playing rush, SPOT SPOT SPOT and take out priority targets if you can (read: stationary AT's if there is a tank being controlled by us, machine gun if they're exposed, then snipers, then infantry).

Calion82v said:
Hey now, I spot every chance I get. It's literally second nature now.

I ain't saying no one does it, it's just incredibly annoying to join ejas and rock and a few others and seeing no red triangles over the place to give me a heads up to where I eat bullets from 360 directions.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
what'd they get you for?

It's totally stupid. And I think it's against the rules to give ban reasons in the open. :p Let me just say, having a free-wheeling opinion on some platforms is looked down upon unless you get a blow-by-blow on why you think it's bad. Lesson learned, I guess?

sup bro, now just get a PC for a real welcome back!

If only I could get a job... *sadfrog.jpg* ...Speaking of which, I need to reapply somewhere right now before that closes off.

TheSeks

I've complained off-hand about the moderation policies and a few moderators before. No bans there. *shrug*

Anyway, you need to get your PS3 fixed. I don't see Radiant Silvergun's release on the horizon and that's the only thing that I really want on the 360 anymore. :/

scoobs

Damn just got 9600 points in one game (not including any medals/pins or whatever at the end). If u wanna power level to 50 just play medic lol

Morn

Banned
I play mostly on the PC, but wanted to play the Onslaught Mode so I just grabbed the Ultimate Edition on PS3. Installing the extra stuff now.

TheSeks

Morn said:
I play mostly on the PC, but wanted to play the Onslaught Mode so I just grabbed the Ultimate Edition on PS3. Installing the extra stuff now.

Totally not worth it, man. But you can now play with PS3 GAF... IF THEY EVER GET ON. >:|

Morn

Banned
TheSeks said:
Totally not worth it, man. But you can now play with PS3 GAF... IF THEY EVER GET ON. >:|

Well also sometimes I like playing while relaxing, so now I can play on my TV. PC will always be primary, but the Ultimate Edition also came with 1943 which was canned on the PC.

TheSeks

Sorry, Meppi. That may be a perferrable map for me, but not when it's 4 people and they aren't bothering to rush the crate so we can finish the 33 ticket defense off.

Edit: Haha, revive Meppi thinking he'd run to the door. He barely makes it and dies. Falls down to the ground to where I can't revive him without getting back to the stairs under fire. Ragequit.

Now you know how I feel when you revive me in fire. :p

meppi

That was far from a ragequit as I think I was doing quite well on that last round.
The kill didn't even bother me. Didn't mind the revives either.

It was yet another frostbite crash, so after that bailed game and the shitty game afterwards and now this, I just don't feel like rebooting the PS3 and trying to get back into the game which probably was full by that time.

Been up for nearly 22 hours straight, so it's time for bed anyway.

Top Bottom