• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

vixlar said:
I don't get it. Many people complains about the Apache Circle Strafers. In Vietnam they made the helicopters vulnerable to normal bullets, and now they are complaining about paper choppers.
They complain about everything. In the beta people were complaining about the future tank nerf because "Tanks are suppose to be Tanks" and that was for the better since Tanks were so damn powerful in the beta. Nobody should feel invincible.

vixlar said:
I don't get it. Many people complains about the Apache Circle Strafers. In Vietnam they made the helicopters vulnerable to normal bullets, and now they are complaining about paper choppers.
I thought the Vietnam choppers were good: strong enough to be a quick transport or to have some fun in, not strong enough to rape.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
endlessflood said:
I thought the Vietnam choppers were good: strong enough to be a quick transport or to have some fun in, not strong enough to rape.

Sorry, but they're flying coffins. When I can unload an AK-47 into them and kill them, you know something's wrong.

Small arms fire in BC2 would be fine. But having Vietnam levels is stupid.

-Silver-

I'm sure a lot of the vehicle problems would be solved if the respawn time increased. Maps like Oasis CAN be hell occasionally because you can be overwhelmed by the Apache, snipers waiting for someone to get on the AA and tanks rolling around as if they own the place. If they increased the respawn time then that would give the other side room to breath without feeling overwhelmed the entire time.

TheSeks

That's another way of solving it as well. Let the helicopter take five minutes to spawn. Gives me time to set up to fire/artillery strike it with the tank and kill five dumbasses waiting for it to spawn and not attacking. :D

-Silver- said:
I'm sure a lot of the vehicle problems would be solved if the respawn time increased. Maps like Oasis CAN be hell occasionally because you can be overwhelmed by the Apache, snipers waiting for someone to get on the AA and tanks rolling around as if they own the place. If they increased the respawn time then that would give the other side room to breath without feeling overwhelmed the entire time.
Definitely. Seeing a chopper whore in a chopper a minute or two after your team shot it down is discouraging.

Pete Rock said:
Quit because at that point it isn't fun. Literally the instant you realize "what the fuck..." just quit and pull a new quick match on a different map so you won't get dumped into the same server. Do the same thing five minutes later when relatively identical behavior occurs there. If you aren't playing with a squad and you can't rely on anyone there's literally only so much you can do in the face of relative cohesion, let alone organized catassery.

As far as Blackhawk camping, unless they are a really amazing crew and constantly oscillate in slow backwards circles at a distance I'd say the best option is to snipe the pilot through the main window, particularly if they are already facing you by way of giving both the door gunners the narrow angles down the body of the aircraft.

Regardless, there really isn't a way a single guy should reliably be able to kill a good crew like that unless he has access to an AA gun, so again you might as well just leave. There is no point in not having fun with a game, particularly one which has a lot of depth and opportunities for all players when the skill levels are at parity.

So due to a few frustrating games playing solo with shit teams against catassing 50's, you are inspired to pay $10 for DLC for a game with a completely broken vehicle sandbox in pursuit of a broken gametype which features a whopping 6 on 6 three tiered system of territories, territories and one flag - all with awful hit registration translated over a garbage peer host?

I find this unbelievable, either that or you are a glutton for punishment.

Yeah, I end up quitting a few matches towards the end of gaming session and managed to get a few decent matches in because of it... but the more I play (and I am enjoying the game) the more I realise there are more and more people who couldn't give a fuck about the objectives of Rush or Conquest - and would rather get together with friends, grab a couple of vehicles (or get together a team of M95 + Auto Spot Snipers)... and pub stomp until it is absolutely necessary to take the objective and move on.

The Blackhawk chopper was side-on (almost facing away from us - I definitely couldn't see the pilot). I managed to hit the gunner once but the Chopper quickly dropped behind a hill and came back soon after. Ultimately, I should have had the Tracer dart and a better leveled Engineer class, or should have positioned myself to Snipe the pilot. However there was still the tank, Snipers and tubers to worry about. Granted, it was pretty epic. I don't think there was a structure still standing in the entire area by the time the Mortars and grenades were done, we were just sitting ducks.

As for your comments about Reach, this really isn't the thread to get into a debate over it... but even with my newfound enjoyment of BC2, Reach remains the best FPS MP game I've played to date. The vehicle sandbox, P2P system and hit detection have rarely felt broken (certainly not as broken as BC2 Choppers) - and despite dedicated servers, I feel a similar level of lag in both games. It's mostly the "oh I just escaped around a corner, oops maybe not" moments that make me notice. I also find Invasion quite a lot of fun despite your description of it. It may not be complex, and not on the same scale as Battlefield - but 90% of the matches I play are pretty good/great experiences with few douchebags. BC2 is starting to feel more like 50% lately.

Anyway, feel free to PM me, I don't want to drag this off-topic. My friend gets his Internet tomorrow and is hyped to get into BC2. He also understands the need to capture the objectives over KDR and the like, so I expect some awesome fun over the few days.

TheSeks said:
That's another way of solving it as well. Let the helicopter take five minutes to spawn. Gives me time to set up to fire/artillery strike it with the tank and kill five dumbasses waiting for it to spawn and not attacking. :D
five minutes is madness. especially when you're on the team with six dumbasses waiting on the helipad for five minutes.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
five minutes is madness. especially when you're on the team with six dumbasses waiting on the helipad for five minutes.

This is madness.

NO! THIS. IS. BATTLEFIELD!

*tank snipe from hill to the helicopter on Oasis first set*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Small arms is just too effective in the expansion... I'd recommend a happy medium.

I have dropped the Huey myself with a AK and pistol. Pretty dumb. There's really no way around it. DICE designer(s) fucked that part up.

recklessmind said:
Small arms is just too effective in the expansion... I'd recommend a happy medium.

I have dropped the Huey myself with a AK and pistol. Pretty dumb. There's really no way around it. DICE designer(s) fucked that part up.
my favorite moment in Vietnam had to be when a Huey pilot tried to roadkill me and i took out the chopper WITH A FLAMETHROWER!!

TheSeks

my favorite moment in Vietnam had to be when a Huey pilot tried to roadkill me and i took out the chopper WITH A FLAMETHROWER!!

PS3GAF doesn't even play Vietnam anymore. *sadfrog.jpg*

Also Socom is so clunky and LOL-able (getting shot through walls, etc.), on top of the terrible community that'll probably pervade it like previous Socoms. So passable. Battlefield is still the king.

TheSeks said:
Bullshit. I've gotten 60+ kills in the blackhawk before and that was near launch. Just requires people not shooting it down
Thanks for the tip :)

As I said, I didn't mind the flying coffins of Vietnam. There was still an opportunity to have some fun and rack up kills in the huey but it simply wasn't possible to rape which I saw as a very positive thing. I know from reading forums that most people don't agree.

-Silver- said:
I'm sure a lot of the vehicle problems would be solved if the respawn time increased.
TBH the times when I've been facing a good chopper pilot, the problem is bringing them down once. My clan has some pretty good chopper pilots (like this guy) and I often play against them so I've seen firsthand just how unbalanced they can be, in the sense that one good pilot can beat an entire good team. Even that guy admits straight up that they're OP. He flys by his own rules now to try and balance things (e.g. he won't circle strafe unless the other team has done it first, etc.).

Seems like the general consensus is that small arms fire damage with more health than the Vietnam choppers is the way to go, somebody get Demize on twitter :)

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
Thanks for the tip :)

All I'm saying is, it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE to get 50+ kills in the Blackhawk without an engineer constantly topping it to 100. It's doable. I've done it completely before. Completely balanced in that sense as it's hard to take the chopper out if a gunner is doing work and keeping the engineers at bay while the pilot avoids the rockets that do get fired.

As I said, I didn't mind the flying coffins of Vietnam. There was still an opportunity to have some fun and rack up kills in the huey but it simply wasn't possible to rape which I saw as a very positive thing. I know from reading forums that most people don't agree

There's no way to "have some fun" if someone like me is on the ball and camping the Huey spawn to spray the AK-47 and five TT-33 shots at the pilot and chopper to explode it five seconds after take-off.

The Huey's health is so phenomenally bad that hardly anyone uses it more than a quick transport/bail out. Which gives the whole "get 50 kills in the helicopter" achievement a "buh? Why the hell is there guns in this coffin?"

Edit: And if small arms returns in BF3, they need to make sure it isn't Vietnam level of HP or Bad Compan 1's LMG (going by Faceless doing it, not myself) "anti-air gun" accuracy/damage.

Small arms should pester them and eventually take them down with team work. But the LMG shouldn't tear through them as well as other guns in a single clip/magazine.

TheSeks said:
The Huey's health is so phenomenally bad that hardly anyone uses it more than a quick transport/bail out. Which gives the whole "get 50 kills in the helicopter" achievement a "buh? Why the hell is there guns in this coffin?"
The Huey rockets were what you could use to have some fun, rather than the guns.

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
The Huey rockets were what you could use to have some fun, rather than the guns.

That's only if you're able to stay up in the air. You can't even use the Huey to anti-tank (what it would be good for) due to the paper mache HP.

Face it, DICE done goofed on the Huey. No one uses it because it's free kills for the enemy.

TheSeks said:
That's only if you're able to stay up in the air. You can't even use the Huey to anti-tank (what it would be good for) due to the paper mache HP.

Face it, DICE done goofed on the Huey. No one uses it because it's free kills for the enemy.
I find it fun! Much like the tuk-tuk :)

TheSeks

Tuk-Tuk's purposely meant to be a machine that's funny to use and gets you killed more often then not. The Huey isn't/shouldn't. The Huey has a utility of carrying troops through the air and defending/anti-tank roles. Too bad it can't do that with the shitty HP it has. Difference, man.

@faceless: How long until I'm banned again for questioning the mods?

Only Gangstas cruise in Tuk Tuks. It's a shame I never did a drive by with one. Have a driver pull up near an enemy and stop as the passengers pure down the lead.

TheSeks said:
Tuk-Tuk's purposely meant to be a machine that's funny to use and gets you killed more often then not. The Huey isn't/shouldn't. The Huey has a utility of carrying troops through the air and defending/anti-tank roles. Too bad it can't do that with the shitty HP it has. Difference, man.

@faceless: How long until I'm banned again for questioning the mods?
i predict you'll be banned a day or two before BF3 drops. and BC1's LMG vs Chopper is totally fair and balanced. i mean it takes like a full drum plus depending on your accuracy and their flying. the BC1 choppers were more agile too, they just couldn't circle strafe.

i predict you'll be banned a day or two before BF3 drops. and BC1's LMG vs Chopper is totally fair and balanced. i mean it takes like a full drum plus depending on your accuracy and their flying. the BC1 choppers were more agile too, they just couldn't circle strafe.

They could snake though... What DICE needs to do is either have vehicle ammo again or remove roll and pitch limiters for choppers. That's why it is so easy to circle strafe. I also don't mind the small arms fire damage but a damn pistol should not be able to damage the chopper. If it were LMGs and heavy MGs I think it could work.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
PS3GAF doesn't even play Vietnam anymore. *sadfrog.jpg*

Also Socom is so clunky and LOL-able (getting shot through walls, etc.), on top of the terrible community that'll probably pervade it like previous Socoms. So passable. Battlefield is still the king.
Its a shame really.
If you wanna play Vietnam send me an invite. (Operation Hastings Conquest is the best BFBC2 map)

olimpia84

I actually played Vietnam for a bit last night. I'm still trying to get the 50 kills with the Huey trophy...I think I have only 2 kills left for that and I'll have 100% of the trophies in BC2

Kyaw

What servers does GAF play on?
Just been validated and have been lurking about for a while.

I have BC2 on PS3 and PC. Mainly playing PC for now.
Soldier name: Kyaw

Would love to play with some of you!

TheSeks

Well, I put ~$15 down on BF3
For PS3, sorry Cuban!
, thanks 360 A/V and Power Cable trade-in at Gamestop! :D

TheSeks

Man, those randoms suck. :/

Also two Engineers in a squad with a sniper/recon, WTF.

Anyway, highlight for me was sniping three of the same motherfuckers as they kept reviving/calvacading with headshots. Just BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM, finally got the two medics and took the recon blooding me up out with the GOL.

How awesome is the GOL? SO AWESOME.

Send me an invite too if you any of you are playing vietnam on ps3
psn: renderman017

been hopping on around 630-730p PST on conquest. decided to try and plat my guns to level up faster. the randoms arent too bad. if it seems like they can hold their own, i'll stay and fight on. if they suck ass, leave game and search another map (white pass, panama, nelson bay or arica harbor).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got 5 AT Mines kills today.
And got like 40 kills with the sniper rifle in a very weird ColdWar Rush match @___@
GGs meppi and evolved

Fersis

Had some great matches with rockscar and huntingbeast.
He is a great chopper pilot.

5 more AT Mines kill! YAY!

Cheers! Since the proper vBull search was removed and replaced with the google one I've just about given up on it (it never seems to return useful results for me), but this is one instance where apparently it works perfectly... bugger.

I might have to try and sign him up for my clan - would love to play with the GAF crew but alas the tyranny of distance makes it unfeasible for us Aussies.

TheSeks

Oh wow. Ran into someone named "omar_is_cool321" and he said he remembered me on PS Home (shut up, I'm that bored tonight waiting for Event mode to launch in Marvel 3), I said I don't remember him.

Google turns up his PSN id on BC2 stats, so that's where he must know me from. Weird, do people really remember half of [GAF]? o____O

meppi

Fersis said:
Got 5 AT Mines kills today.
And got like 40 kills with the sniper rifle in a very weird ColdWar Rush match @___@
GGs meppi and evolved

Hehe, yeah that was fun. Too bad I had to leave in the middle for work since I had the night shift.

Sat right besides you on the ridge, also as a wookie and to my surprise a squadmember spawned on us and dropped us some ammo boxes. :)
Lots of fun searching for the other two wookies that were gunning for us.
When I spotted them and wasn't able to kill them in one shot, you were always there to finish the job. :)
Crakatak187 said:
Lot of Mountain yetis?
I usually never do that, but since the opposing team were playing like cheap losers, I found it fun to annoy them like that.

Pete Rock

Working on a video setup at my place to illustrate the XIM3 in use with a few other products, got some decent footage last night for the short while I managed to play. Don't ask me about the Blackhawk, all those dudes were 50's and they still kept using it like a suicide arming machine, really strange.

The fine grain control is so unexpected, half the time I flub on sniper kills before incrementing up for the headshot because I'm so excited to have them lined up already, which isn't terrible for accuracy but compounds the issue of actually killing them.

Of course as soon as my batteries die I get a round of attack on Isla where I go 28-0 and an insane round with a similar score on Harvest Day. Attack sniping is so much more fun than defensive sniping for me, most of the time.

Fersis I'm jealous, that's the type of situation I wanted for a video, visceral wookie combat from the other side of the bowl. Hopefully I'll have better luck soon.

Fersis

7 more AT Mines kills.

Val Paraiso and Atacama Desert Defenders are godly for AT Mines.

TheSeks

@Evovled: That team was horrible and tracers TRACERS EVERYWHERE. D:

Arm the crate, get back in, you're gone. :/ Dude disarms because I can't hit the damn thing with the gunner on the tank so close. Ugh.

cackhyena

Why the balls is BC2 still 40 dollars on Games on Demand? I got rid of it before Vietnam came out and figured Black Ops and other shooters would hold me over till something like BF3 was out. I was wrong.

TheSeks

Because that's MS for you.

Also dealwithit.gif for defecting to Black Ops. Shame on you!

Top Bottom