• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
@Evovled: That team was horrible and tracers TRACERS EVERYWHERE. D:

Arm the crate, get back in, you're gone. :/ Dude disarms because I can't hit the damn thing with the gunner on the tank so close. Ugh.

That guy we were playing with was my cousin... I'm trying to show him the ropes but he's pretty bad... I have a few cousins I've pulled over from CoD but they're all really bad.

:/

Doesn't help that modern shooters have this unlocking perk bullshit that makes it even harder on new players. He didn't even have a repair tool... I told him to go engineer and hop out to repair you and he didn't have one yet.

It's fucking ignorant game design.

Massa

cackhyena said:
Why the balls is BC2 still 40 dollars on Games on Demand? I got rid of it before Vietnam came out and figured Black Ops and other shooters would hold me over till something like BF3 was out. I was wrong.

It's $40 and if I'm not mistaken you still have to buy a VIP code separately.

cackhyena

I sill have all that stuff from my first purchase. The extra guns and whatnot. Never erased all that from my HDD, thinking I might re purchase at some point. I mean, something like Conviction is MS distributed, isn't it? That dropped to 20 bucks pretty quickly. I would just assume something multi platform like this would have dropped by now, but hey, maybe they are making enough bank on it as it is for now.

cackhyena said:
Why the balls is BC2 still 40 dollars on Games on Demand? I got rid of it before Vietnam came out and figured Black Ops and other shooters would hold me over till something like BF3 was out. I was wrong.
yeah, if it were $20 i'd buy it and give my disk to my bro or cousin to try and lure them away from old spice.

Massa said:
It's $40 and if I'm not mistaken you still have to buy a VIP code separately.
you can email EA and get a VIP code. which is retarded, since it should just come with it when you buy the GoD version... but still... it's $40 retail or like $30 if you look around for the ultimate edition that comes with 1943 and onslaught!

Dizzle24

Got the PS3 version (again) yesterday and for hours and hours of attempting to play MP, I got a whole 3 minutes of playtime, due to the shitty server booting me back to the main menu. What the fuck?

It's NOT MY CONNNECTION. I am logged into PSN fine, Xbox live is all good too. I can play any other MP game I have with no issues. I have even tried forwarding ports in my router for this game (following a BC2 guide) and still get booted back to main menu after spawning or get "Can't connnect to EA servers."

All this after downloaded the mandatory 2gb update yesterday. Bullshit!

Anyone else having connection issues on PS3?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have you signed out and back into PSN?

Anyway, I've had that issue with BC1 on PSN for months at a time before. I dunno what causes it. Hopefully you can get on sometime, dude. :/

Massa

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, if it were $20 i'd buy it and give my disk to my bro or cousin to try and lure them away from old spice.

you can email EA and get a VIP code. which is retarded, since it should just come with it when you buy the GoD version... but still... it's $40 retail or like $30 if you look around for the ultimate edition that comes with 1943 and onslaught!

Oh, that's very inconvenient but not half as bad.

Dizzle24 said:
Got the PS3 version (again) yesterday and for hours and hours of attempting to play MP, I got a whole 3 minutes of playtime, due to the shitty server booting me back to the main menu. What the fuck?

It's NOT MY CONNNECTION. I am logged into PSN fine, Xbox live is all good too. I can play any other MP game I have with no issues. I have even tried forwarding ports in my router for this game (following a BC2 guide) and still get booted back to main menu after spawning or get "Can't connnect to EA servers."

All this after downloaded the mandatory 2gb update yesterday. Bullshit!

Anyone else having connection issues on PS3?

I had connections issues with BC2 when my router was on the latest firmware. I downgraded the router and now it works just fine.

If you're using a modem -> router -> PS3 setup try connecting the PS3 directly to the modem to test it out.

Dizzle24

Massa said:
Oh, that's very inconvenient but not half as bad.

I had connections issues with BC2 when my router was on the latest firmware. I downgraded the router and now it works just fine.

If you're using a modem -> router -> PS3 setup try connecting the PS3 directly to the modem to test it out.
Not possible. PS3 is on the other side of the room, router is needed for Laptop, Xbox, etc. so I can't disconnect the router or move things around. :/

I want to play so bad! Can't play COD anymore...it's rage inducing at this point lol.

TheSeks

AlmostMilk said:
dang, how many hours do you have logged in this game?

I'm on the low end of 500-700 hours. Faceless is 700 on PS3, probably more on 360.

It's not insane for some of us to probably be clocking 1000 by now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got 13 AT Mines kills in a single match (Arica Harbor Defenders)

PRO TIP: Put mines near destroyed tanks.

meppi

Ace_235 said:
Hey any1 up for some games(PS3 version) once my battlefield is done updating?
Hit up ACE_235 on PSN.

Just quit for the night since everyone seemed to bail on me nomatter what game I joined.
But I'll probably be on again tomorrow.

meppi64

TheSeks

Lag, lag everywhere.

And no covering of last set B White Pass. >:| Keep spawning at base as Rock and Hunt get taken out. Someone arms, and I'm like "FUCKING NO! I CAN'T MORTAR IT FROM THE BASE."

What happens? They get taken out, anyone that's coming up is taken out and they disarm it in mass.

I could've taken it at least five times if someone went up to arm (some idiot moved PAST it to kill the people hiding. I'm like WTF dude?) and then I laid the mortar to take them out. But NOOOO.

Imad.jpg

At least we won three of the four games.

man, you know people are salty when you wipe a squad 2x while capping a base and when they come back and you almost wipe them again, the last guy teabags you despite you having almost no life left from killing the other 3 dudes.

TheSeks

When it rains lead, it pours in Faceless-ville?

Speaking of which, when are you getting your PS3 back up on it's feet? ;__;

TheSeks

Cool. Maybe I'll finally have a flipping squad mate(s) that won't sit back with a shotgun being sniper... THE WHOLE FLIPPING MATCH, or running off while I'm sitting on a repair tool trying to repair them.

Or arm the crate five flipping times and there is no fire on it to get the flipping disarmers off it.

*bang bang bang bang bang bang bang head into desk in pure frustration*

I'm sitting there, Evolved gets in the pilot seat (wut? I'm trying to tell you I'm assault by getting in your camera view since you're not in my squad) runs up hits a tank in the ass, tank moves behind cover. What does Evolved do? Runs up to another tank, OH HEY THE TANK WE PASS AND I'M YELLING "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO~" at takes us out.

ARGH.

And the fucking thing that pisses me off is that I get trapped on the geometry of the level two times on the crate arm, or get lag killed through a wall when I'm no where near an enemy twice.

(Goes off to punch a wall in frustration)

In other news, I still strongly dislike the Rex. 9/10 of the time it gets me killed in a gunfight because of it's slow fire rate and horrible recoil.

sk3tch

PC players:

I just re-joined the master race - if I am getting an FPS with Fraps that sometimes dips into the 50s (during intense battles/etc.) but mostly sits in the 70s/80s - should I turn some stuff off for online multiplayer?

What's your minimum for maximum online FPS performance? 60? What do you recommend cutting back on (I'm maxed on all) to give better FPS but not sacrifice too much eye candy?

i5 2500K with Radeon HD 6950 2GB if anyone is curious...playing at 1080p. Primarily played on 360 before. Game is INSANE on a nice PC rig!!! WOW.

just got done rocking out some Vietnam Conquest with Billy Crystals!

i was supposed to stop at 10, but HASTINGS was next on the rotation. and holy shit at getting 24 kills in a row in the tank in that last game before some guy snuck up and C4'd the tank.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
I'm sitting there, Evolved gets in the pilot seat (wut? I'm trying to tell you I'm assault by getting in your camera view since you're not in my squad) runs up hits a tank in the ass, tank moves behind cover. What does Evolved do? Runs up to another tank, OH HEY THE TANK WE PASS AND I'M YELLING "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO~" at takes us out.

haha... shit happens. people only seem to remember the mistakes.

i'll go 1v1 against anyone in a tank and usually win.

anyway was fun playing with gaf yesterday... Olimpia played rush with us for a while and we even jumped on some conquest for a while. fun all around.

Wasn't fun for me.

Lone squad + everyone ignoring my motion sensors.

That base 1 crate B on oasis shouldn't have been armed as many times(4+) as it had.

*being anal*

just got done rocking out some Vietnam Conquest with Billy Crystals!

i was supposed to stop at 10, but HASTINGS was next on the rotation. and holy shit at getting 24 kills in a row in the tank in that last game before some guy snuck up and C4'd the tank.

Yeah thanks for jumping in. I am actually sick of Vietnam and I usually see the rest of you guys playing vanilla, but I have made a vow to stick with Vietnam until I get my last 3 achievements (all weaps silver star, all weaps gold star, 50 Huey kills). I need about 65 more M40 kills and 40 more M21 kills to have all gold stars so I'm almost there. Still need quite a few Huey kills, though...

digita1alchemy said:
Yeah thanks for jumping in. I am actually sick of Vietnam and I usually see the rest of you guys playing vanilla, but I have made a vow to stick with Vietnam until I get my last 3 achievements (all weaps silver star, all weaps gold star, 50 Huey kills). I need about 65 more M40 kills and 40 more M21 kills to have all gold stars so I'm almost there. Still need quite a few Huey kills, though...
yeah, i think they all got burned out of Vietnam. we used to play it every day since launch for 2 months straight. less options and less maps and people quitting on Vantage Point were big contributors. the Huey kills are tougher if you're a gunner, at least imo.

olimpia84

I only need one more kill with the Huey for the trophy and I'll be at 100% for the entire game. I'm too lazy to do it though, every time I boot the game I end up playing vanilla =/

the Huey kills are tougher if you're a gunner, at least imo.
Yeah pilot seat is the way to go IMO as well, preferably with gunners if you can: they'll soften the infantry up and generally your rockets will finish them off. Plus flying the Hueys is fun :)

the Huey kills are tougher if you're a gunner, at least imo.

They are, because the pilot isn't concerned with giving you good firing angles and keeping the chopper steady, and justifiably so when the thing is made out of paper. After jumping in the Huey a few times when Vietnam launched (I am not a good pilot) and seeing how hard it was to stay alive more than a 30 seconds or so I have kind of been purposefully saving that one for last.

TheSeks

Huey kills aren't that hard, guys.

*camp Huey B on Conquest Phu Bu*
*Get in left seat*
(Morons will generally spawn at their base to get the other Huey on US side)
*mow them down, mow down anyone that dares comes close to you on that side*

Got about 20-40 of my Huey kills doing that. Just parking the Huey on the ground out of bounds around action while people were busy with others and hitting them.

U2NUMB

TheSeks said:

*Get in left seat*

Got about 20-40 of my Huey kills doing that. Just parking the Huey on the ground out of bounds around action while people were busy with others and hitting them.

Yea it really depends on if you get a good pilot. I could not get any kills with the main Huey weapon but as a gunner I could get some. A good pilot allowed me to rack up some solid kills in a round. Also be sure to be an engineer... and help repair to keep the thing up in the air.

lazybones18 said:
Can't believe it took me so long to use the M416. That gun is amazing! Probably won't take me very long to reach platinum on it

Yep my favorite gun in the game!

TheSeks said:

*Get in left seat*

lol, this is exactly what I thought of doing since I am not that great of a pilot, I just haven't tried it yet. Seems like it could work out pretty well at D on Hastings conquest too.

TheSeks

I dunno about Hastings, but I did all mine on Phu Bu before DICE pity-unlocked Hastings on 360/PS3.

Seriously, just camp the Huey out of bounds where the infantry can't get to it, camp it near action where people are busy and won't notice you until it's too late. You can get a bunch of kills that way. Just make sure to have V WARHEAD equipped to kill them quickly before they kill your Huey spamming AK-47s at it.

gl0w

Hi GAF!

I'm in love with BFBC2 (my first BF game), i already got some GAF members on my friends list to play with, but if someone else wanna add me, feel free:
PSNID: gl0wvalter

olimpia84

Joined random Panama canal conquest game, all flags are capped by the enemy and I spawn in the middle of a base rape which had at least seven enemy level 50s. There were only a few tickets left so I decided to stick out and wait for the next round with the lowly leveled randoms in my team. Surprisingly, it was payback time for my team and we managed to capture all the flags (although kind of at the end of the round) and base rape them. Take that, level 50 clantards :)

meppi

Well I platinumed my knife yesterday.

Have to give props to the worthless clan who's only tactic it was to sneak behind our lines and attack us in the rear, over and over again in a desperate move to secure the final M-Coms, while thinking no one would catch on.

I couldn't have done it without you!

Well at least not this fast. :p

I didn't see it posted in the last 2 pages but Vietnam expansion is going down to 600 MSP the week of April 5th. For anyone who has been waiting, this is excellent news.

Pete Rock

Hmm, for that price I might bite, I've been holding off for a long time as I really despise the theme. Might be just the ticket to keep me interested enough to get from 46 to 50.

I need to get a hdpvr first, but that should work out perfectly with the dates, woo wooo

Top Bottom