• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*See's Goldrusher playing BC1 PS3*
"What the hell, I'll join him."
*pop BC1 in for the first time in about six months since Faceless and myself played, Gold isn't playing multiplayer*
"What the hell, I'll play a round."
(Deconstruction, natch. OH WAIT NO ONE IS PLAYING SO HARVEST DAY FFFFF)
"Wow, I forgot how much they changed the map and placement of crates in 2!"
(Roll roll roll your team, gently down the map)
Defense.

(C4 tanks, C4 buildings)
C4 pin
Die. They take the last crate with tickets to spare.

"Alright, you assholes."
*Spawned at the first base right as they take it, take tank of theirs. Back up take out people, get to second set where the farm/two barns are that don't have crates there in BC2*
(Mow mow mow your team, with tank shells and the gunner seat~)
*Die: AN-94 assault time*

Today's lesson kids: How broken is the BC1 Assault class?

22 kills
3 deaths
705 score
Best Squad of the round
Best Player of the round

PeterMooreSOBROKEN.jpg Auto-syringe of doom breaks that class. "Oh, you got me to 10HP? *get into cover and take some drugs* Okay, bitches." (Mow mow mow) "Get back to your base and cower!"

Half my team was level 25 (basically 50's in BC2) and they weren't doing work except running out to die or take some tanks out (thanks!) but I'm sitting there running between crates taking out anyone that dared to go near them with grenades, AN-94, and the tank.

TheSeks said:
Half my team was level 25 (basically 50's in BC2) and they weren't doing work except running out to die or take some tanks out (thanks!) but I'm sitting there running between crates taking out anyone that dared to go near them with grenades, AN-94, and the tank.
i take issue with this claim! it takes like a week or two of serious play to hit 25 in BC1.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i take issue with this claim! it takes like a week or two of serious play to hit 25 in BC1.

Well, I mean it's the analog equivalent of hitting 50. Same icon, same max rank, etc.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Non-vehicle maps in BF suck. I should be able to filter them out of the rotation.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Non-vehicle maps in BF suck. I should be able to filter them out of the rotation.

What!? Cold War is probably some of the most intense fun you can have in Battlefield.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
What!? Cold War is probably some of the most intense fun you can have in Battlefield.

Cold War doesn't count, it has a vehicle.
Remember there's a big ass truck in Cold War in the first set ;)

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

Cold War is the worst map.

<3 Nelson Bay

Don't mind NB once in a while but it comes up way too much.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Cold War is the worst map.

DEAD. TO. ME.

If you've got a team that knows what they're doing, Cold War is intense to defend and attack.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Funny... rymes with C O D.

All I'm sayin is I'd rather play Battlefield.

There is no way Cold War rush is CoD. NONE.

Running down the mountain, taking out defenders. Arming the open A crate with about 3/4 different directions of being shot from is intense. You can't tell me taking the last set isn't some of the most fun in BC2 with a good team. Pure clusterfuck taking A and defending it against a huge swarm of people trying to arm it in numbers.

I like the mix of play styles that the different maps offer, although personally my favourite is whatever one doesn't have a chopper pilot raping me - so generally the maps without choppers.

Marvie_3

Banned
endlessflood said:
I like the mix of play styles that the different maps offer, although personally my favourite is whatever one doesn't have a chopper pilot raping me - so generally the maps without choppers.
This.

olimpia84

I've been enjoying the non-vehicle levels quite a lot lately. Arica Harbor (it has an ATV but it's not an attack vehicle really) and Nelson Bay are really fun, specially with my recon setup of USAS12/magnum ammo/LW pack/mortar strike. All I have to do is throw the motion sensor, look at the radar, and unload the USAS12 on the red triangles.

Calion

recklessmind said:
Cold War is the worst map..

lolwut.jpg

Seriously, I think CW is becoming my favorite map. So many buildings, grenades, 40MM grenades, explosions, etc. Besides the first set, it eliminates snipers being present because of how close everything is. I love it.

Evolved1

Cold War is infested with attacking snipers on the first set and then it's nothing but shotguns and grenade spam every base after.

It's fun with gaf... but so is every map.

TheSeks

If it's infested with snipers on the first set, that just makes your job easier you wuss. Shoot them in the face with my BFF AN-94.

TheSeks

Dear: [WTF]trx450er1987 [WTF]buck_hunter06 [WTF]sunnieboy [WTF]BAMA2349,

How does it feel to be completely steamrolled by a one man army EVEN WHEN WE'RE DOWN TWO PEOPLE ON ATTACK AND DEFENSE FOUR FUCKING TIMES with Calion tagging along?

BAMA: Don't fucking teabag me after I teabag your asses for being lame wussy-bitches sniping at spawn. You want to know what happens then?

Ilsa Innocentes (Defense): 21 kills (nearly all headshots. Two being mortars to suprise and teabag you wusses)
5 deaths (only because you got me when I was resetting until I moved)
4.20 KDR

(Attack)
28 kills
5 deaths
5.60 KDR

And then you lost when we were down two people on Nelson Bay. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE MOWN BY A SINGLE PERSON WITH A HEAVY MACHINEGUN, YOU TAKE IT OUT AND THEN HE MOVES AND PROCEEDS TO MOW YOU DOWN AGAIN?

You mess with the bull. You get the headshot one after another after another after another with some Rex sprinkling horns.

Cal: WTF ARE YOU DOING when you fly? You keep slamming into rocks and then suddenly pulling back. The helicopter is heavy. It requires a gently touch</Jeff Gordon> AND NOT DIVEBOMBING THE GODDAMN THING TO THE GROUND. :|

Same with J. I get in the LEFT side to gun while giving the pilot the best view to avoid rockets. What does he do? BABY THE RIGHT. >:| So I'm sitting there playing musical chairs as he's flying in circles and spinning around and I'm like "WTF ARE YOU DOING GIVE ME A PLATFORM TO TAKE THE BUILDING AND PEOPLE DOWN." :mad:

And... server ragequit/cleared. Thanks for playing, Cal, JJD, J, and Olimpia (ZOMG IN RUSH WTF)

Calion

TheSeks said:
Dear: [WTF]trx450er1987 [WTF]buck_hunter06 [WTF[sunnieboy [WTF]BAMA2349,

How does it feel to be completely steamrolled by a one man army EVEN WHEN WE'RE DOWN TWO PEOPLE ON ATTACK AND DEFENSE FOUR FUCKING TIMES with Calion tagging along?

BAMA: Don't fucking teabag me after I teabag your asses for being lame wussy-bitches sniping at spawn. You want to know what happens then?

Ilsa Innocentes (Defense): 21 kills (nearly all headshots. Two being mortars to suprise and teabag you wusses)
5 deaths (only because you got me when I was resetting until I moved)
4.20 KDR

(Attack)
28 kills
5 deaths
5.60 KDR

And then you lost when we were down two people on Nelson Bay. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE MOWN BY A SINGLE PERSON WITH A HEAVY MACHINEGUN, YOU TAKE IT OUT AND THEN HE MOVES AND PROCEEDS TO MOW YOU DOWN AGAIN?

You mess with the bull. You get the headshot one after another after another after another with some Rex sprinkling horns.

Cal: WTF ARE YOU DOING when you fly? You keep slamming into rocks and then suddenly pulling back. The helicopter is heavy. It requires a gently touch</Jeff Gordon> AND NOT DIVEBOMBING THE GODDAMN THING TO THE GROUND. :|

Same with J. I get in the LEFT side to gun while giving the pilot the best view to avoid rockets. What does he do? BABY THE RIGHT. >:| So I'm sitting there playing musical chairs as he's flying in circles and spinning around and I'm like "WTF ARE YOU DOING GIVE ME A PLATFORM TO TAKE THE BUILDING AND PEOPLE DOWN." :mad:

And... server ragequit/cleared. Thanks for playing, Cal, JJD, J, and Olimpia (ZOMG IN RUSH WTF)

I was trying to land it on the rocks. : ( I did it on the first set, mowed down nearly everyone, and tried to do it again.....

TheSeks

Dude, you fly in slow and then L2/descend smush it to where the inertia is killed. Don't do it so near the enemy base when they're there, though. >:|

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I'm learning. Easy.

I know, I know. At least you're attempting to learn. You also gotta stop moving in circles at times. You keep throwing me off when I start to get a bead on someone by constantly moving to where I get locked or they're right below us at times.

zlatko

Banned
I see this is only 16 bucks for the download version off amazon.com.

I rented the PS3 version back when it came out, and wasn't super impressed and played the beta as well.

Now that I have a gaming PC though I was hoping to get this as it has dedicated servers and no aim assistance. I was just curious if there is a big Gaf PC crowd or are you all mostly on consoles? Also, how much money DLC wise am I looking to get all the maps and such?

Calion

TheSeks said:
I know, I know. At least you're attempting to learn. You also gotta stop moving in circles at times. You keep throwing me off when I start to get a bead on someone by constantly moving to where I get locked or they're right below us at times.

...All right, I'm confused Seks. Whenever I do fly stationary, you flip out and tell me to move around. Now, you tell me to stop moving in circles. C'mon man.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
...All right, I'm confused Seks. Whenever I do fly stationary, you flip out and tell me to move around. Now, you tell me to stop moving in circles. C'mon man.

You have to do both. Fly in a slow circle, pull back to get the gunner a 180 view and stable platform. Don't STOP. After a minute move/nose down to break the hover. You remember how I hovered there for a bit and kept doing slow circles when you were in the blackhawk seat? That's the goal. You keep switching between the two to where you aren't easy to shoot down (and staying high in the air to prevent easy shooting down). Tracers are a matter, but generally if you vary your hover/moving as the situation dictates, they shouldn't be able to tracer you.

Edit: Think of it like this. Val Paris Attack last set. You get in and there is a gunner on the left. You pull up, and circle counter-clock/anti-clockwise (from pilots position, that means turning left to give the gunner access to the base). He starts firing on the machine and stationary AT platform's back when you're near the "out of bounds" back of the base area. So long as you aren't in out of bounds. HOVER for a second to let them mow down the back walls. Then move, they can take down the side walls. You know that "chokepoint" where there is two cliff rock faces? Hover the blackhawk there to give the gunner a full view of the base/ability to take the front of that Stationary AT/machine gun building out quickly and then move again.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I tired getting a 360 game going earlier today, no games in progress, tried all mode, WTF? was it the time of the day I tried or have the 360 community moved on?

Really want to try this out...

jufonuk said:
I tired getting a 360 game going earlier today, no games in progress, tried all mode, WTF? was it the time of the day I tried or have the 360 community moved on?

was EA down or something? there are always people playing.

zlatko

Banned
Thanks for the help in here guys. Just bought it and letting it download.

Is anyone familiar with if amazon.com downloaded games automatically work on Steam, or how I would go about linking the game to my Steam so I can launch it through there? I tried to google and had no luck.

meppi

jufonuk said:

Just log out of the game and restart it.
Same thing happens on PS3 from time to time.

Jeez, this game has been out for over a year and people STILL haven't learned to use windows they can fit through instead of doors when entering a building?

For fucks sake, if your lazy ass can fit through the window, USE IT! Don't let the enemy know that someone has already entered the building through a busted door.

lazybones18 said:
Jeez, this game has been out for over a year and people STILL haven't learned to use windows they can fit through instead of doors when entering a building?

For fucks sake, if your lazy ass can fit through the window, USE IT! Don't let the enemy know that someone has already entered the building through a busted door.
Exactly. Every time i am about to enter a building, I check the doors and if they are broken, I break out the 40 Mil shotgun and clear it out but if not, there are no worries.

TheSeks

lazybones18 said:

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! I DON'T NEED PEOPLE KNOWING MY STEALTH METHODS. D:

Seriously, though: Saves your ass a few times if you're in enemy territory, don't underestimate it.

zlatko

Banned
So I'm fairly noobish at PC gaming in general, but the game can't find servers for me to play on. Nothing comes up in the list. I googled it up and someone mentioned that punk buster might not be updated and I followed a link to get it to update, and added BFBC2 in the PB for games.... still not working to find servers.

What gives?

Edit: Weird... I hit reset in the server thing and now it brought up a ton of games. I guess problem solved.

zlatko

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
EA server might have been checked or ranked might have been unchecked.

Not sure what it was, but I can find games no problem now.

The game is 10983402934209 times more amazing to me from the time I spent with it on PS3 during when I rented it. The sound in my headphones, the quality of the graphics when it's maxed, and all of these maps I hadn't played on let me have a great time.

The way my gaming rig is set up though makes it hard for me to use mouse keyboard to actually play. The mouse being the issue. I tried placing it on a few other surfaces, but I botch shots often. My first game I went -5, and the rest I managed to go positive which was surprising because the only other FPS I've dinked around with on my PC was some TF2.

Is there anyway to set up a gamepad? I tried to set up this 360 controller I have, but it's messing up the controls I put in. I'll set right trigger for shoot, but when I go to set left trigger for aim it says it's the same as the right trigger and so I can't actually set it up. Clicking in right stick actually labels it as the start button.

I'm only asking because I'd prefer to play through the campaign on a 360 controller.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
lazybones18 said:

Also don't hack down fences you can see through if you don't need to when defending.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
AT Mines badge acquired.
Got the last 10 kills in a single Arica Harbor Defenders match.

Nabs

zlatko said:
Is there anyway to set up a gamepad? I tried to set up this 360 controller I have, but it's messing up the controls I put in. I'll set right trigger for shoot, but when I go to set left trigger for aim it says it's the same as the right trigger and so I can't actually set it up. Clicking in right stick actually labels it as the start button.

I'm only asking because I'd prefer to play through the campaign on a 360 controller.

Dice gimped 360 controls. You may be able to find a decent xpaddder config. Maybe Cuban Legend can help there.

Nabs said:
Dice gimped 360 controls. You may be able to find a decent xpaddder config. Maybe Cuban Legend can help there.
sounds like Dice didn't do 360 controls on PC at all. the default way the MS 360 for PC drivers work is the L and R are on one axis.

sounds like Dice didn't do 360 controls on PC at all. the default way the MS 360 for PC drivers work is the L and R are on one axis.
I can help you out. Just add me on steam or join us on the PC=GAF mumble server. I've got a great config for xpadder that I think others in PC-GAf have found to be useful.

Edit: here it is its hosted on my personal rapidshare btw. Join us on the mumbler server anyways, on weekend nights we usually get to play just about anything from L4D2, BC2, even Crysis 2. with controllers, lol.

zlatko

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
I can help you out. Just add me on steam or join us on the PC=GAF mumble server. I've got a great config for xpadder that I think others in PC-GAf have found to be useful.

Edit: here it is its hosted on my personal rapidshare btw. Join us on the mumbler server anyways, on weekend nights we usually get to play just about anything from L4D2, BC2, even Crysis 2. with controllers, lol.

I downloaded it thank you. It actually was the file I had downloaded earlier from google so I knew I had to set it to SP2 for Windows 7 to detect it.

I have no idea what to do to config it correctly so it will work when I play BFBC2 though.

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:

I dunno man It's hard enough already to carry one pad player but two, come on I'm not splinter.

lazybones18 said:

I started doing this lately. Though the game seriously needs door knobs.

After over a year I finally made it to level 31! I've been stuck at 30 for a looong time.

lazybones18 said:

I'm scared to go through windows because on more than several occasions, it's glitched and I've gotten stuck. Always the same type of window, too. It has a vertical bar that you can break.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:

It feels awful IMO. It's like Dice anticipated that gamers would still try to force pad use into their game and they put in extra measures to make it feel particularly shitty. They really know how to work with the community.

Stallion Free said:
It feels awful IMO. It's like Dice anticipated that gamers would still try to force pad use into their game and they put in extra measures to make it feel particularly shitty. They really know how to work with the community.
X-padder emulates key-presses onto controller mappings, hardly anywhere as advanced as true gamepad emulation using intricate dead-zones and trigger sensitivities. PC-BC2 has no built in gamepad emulation unlike Crysis 2 for example.

zlatko

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
X-padder emulates key-presses onto controller mappings, hardly anywhere as advanced as true gamepad emulation using intricate dead-zones and trigger sensitivities. PC-BC2 has no built in gamepad emulation unlike Crysis 2 for example.
'
Yeah I tried to use it tonight in single player and constantly kept tweaking sensitivities, but in the end I felt like I was playing in molasses with xpadder. When I played BFBC2 on PS3 and the beta for it on 360 everything went super smoothly. I really hope they look into doing it for BF3, because I'm getting the PC version no matter what, but I know that I'll probably not play as much as I want to due to my pinky being too weak.

I constantly have to crack my knuckles and rub my pinky when trying to play on PC since I don't have the years under my belt with kb/mouse.

TheSeks

so today i found out that on Arica Harbor, you can shoot final Bravo from Stationary AT at the previous base.

Wait, which stationary AT?

Top Bottom