• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

So I entered a squad rush game a couple days ago and WTF?!? 5 squads? The fifth squad also showed as non-squad friendly. I tried shooting them but it counted as a friendly and no damage was done... Weird ass match.

101dc52f.jpg

54be0280.jpg

JonCha

Honestly, it's pretty frustrating to get in a chopper and have people fly it into rocks / sea or just get blown up. Damn annoying when you can control the game if you fly one properly (though saying that, I dare not use one because I'll be very poor).

Loving the M1 Garand btw. I thought it would be best to use it only at medium- to long-range, but at close range you can get kills sometimes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Faceless Master said:
so today i found out that on Arica Harbor, you can shoot final Bravo from Stationary AT at the previous base.
Man that kind of sucks as the last set is the most fun, but you can already tank snipe them, so I guess it doesn't make too much difference. Is this the one that is sealed in the railroad cart?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
M9 plat star. It's my first hand gun platinum :)

Now turn into James Bond and love my BFF MP-443.

Now that I'm done with Fallout 3, I'll be coming back later tonight as it's been about a week or so since I've played. Probably will be rusty. Oh boy. :/

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I don't think he wants to downgrade in the handgun department Seks. ; )

It ain't a downgrade when you can take two-three enemies down in a single clip compared to most other handguns.

MP-443 has rock solid accuracy as well.

There's a reason Preston Marlowe in the singleplayer uses it: BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING AWESOME.

Calion

TheSeks said:
It ain't a downgrade when you can take two-three enemies down in a single clip compared to most other handguns.
I would much rather have power + accuracy, rather than accuracy + large clip size. :p
TheSeks said:
MP-443 has rock solid accuracy recoil as well.

Fixed for you. The M1911, M9, and MP-443 have identical accuracy, while the MP-443 has the best recoil.

TheSeks

M1911 isn't even in the same league as the M9 and MP-443.

For me:

MP-443>M9>M1911>Rex>M9 Burst.

poppabk

TheSeks said:

For me:

I am 92 kills away from plat with the M93R, whereas all the other pistols are in the low 2 digits. I just spam the M93R like it is a sub machine gun.

Calion

TheSeks said:

For me:

Take that back! : (

M9>M1911>MP-443>(W)rex>M93R

I am 92 kills away from plat with the M93R, whereas all the other pistols are in the low 2 digits. I just spam the M93R like it is a sub machine gun.

I'm sorry.

TheSeks

poppabk said:

M9 Burst sucks. If you're platinum with it, you have more patience than half the community, man.

Calion said:
Take that back! : (

NO U. Only thing that gun's good for is being in Vetnam and Vanilla both and carries it's stats between the two.

poppabk

Calion82v said:
I'm sorry.
M92R gets a bad rep, but for close range battles where you have exhausted your primary it is a pretty good option as its higher rate of fire makes a single miss less decisive. Of course I am aiminginly challenged so for people who are confident that they won't miss a single shot it is probably a poor choice.

olimpia84

I think I'll go with the MP443 for my next platinum because imo it feels closer to the M9. Then I'll probably go with M1911, Rex and the M93Burst

thefil

Hey GAF, I've been trying to get into the multiplayer for this game and failing hard. This is symptomatic of my problem with all "squishy"/realistic FPSes where you die to few shots.

Is there some way for a new player to get around the problem of "you saw me first, I die"? I am used to playing stuff like TF2, Halo, C&C Renegade where if somebody else sees you you still have a chance of winning with skill, but I don't feel like this has been the case for me in BFBC2.

What am I doing wrong?

TheSeks

thefil said:
What am I doing wrong?

Are you being out in the open? There is your problem. Sneak around in cover to cover to cover.

AND PLAY WITH A SQUAD, GODDAMN IT.

thefil

TheSeks said:
Are you being out in the open? There is your problem. Sneak around in cover to cover to cover.

AND PLAY WITH A SQUAD, GODDAMN IT.

I try to play with a squad, but often find my squad in three different places. :(

As for standing in the open, this is probably true. I'll try to suck less.

poppabk

thefil said:
Hey GAF, I've been trying to get into the multiplayer for this game and failing hard. This is symptomatic of my problem with all "squishy"/realistic FPSes where you die to few shots.

Is there some way for a new player to get around the problem of "you saw me first, I die"? I am used to playing stuff like TF2, Halo, C&C Renegade where if somebody else sees you you still have a chance of winning with skill, but I don't feel like this has been the case for me in BFBC2.

What am I doing wrong?
In BC2 it often takes quite a few shots to take you down. If you don't have magnum ammo unlocked or some of the 'slightly' better weapons then you will also be at a disadvantage. I would play Rush and focus less on running around killing people and more on identifying attack and defense points. The nature of rush means that it is less of a twitch shooter as 90% of the time you know where the enemy is.

TheSeks

Even Conquest isn't a twitch shooter if you know where to defend and where people are coming from.

I try to play with a squad, but often find my squad in three different places. :(

THAT'S WHAT THEY SHOULD BE DOING. If you bunch up together you're going to lose valuable spawn points/places to spawn and get back into the action.

NOTE: This doesn't mean LOL BE LONE WOLF ALL THE TIME, but you do need SOMEONE alive if you don't want to hoof it from the base all the time, which means the less of you for the enemy to find and kill the better.

TheSeks said:
Wait, which stationary AT?
the one near the hills. next to the Heavy MG.

poppabk said:
Man that kind of sucks as the last set is the most fun, but you can already tank snipe them, so I guess it doesn't make too much difference. Is this the one that is sealed in the railroad cart?
not that one, and yeah, it's unsafe. you're wide open there. my friend was trying it out and i was using my sniper rifle to guide his shots and i picked off a few guys on the roof that were trying to kill him.

Dubbedinenglish said:
So I entered a squad rush game a couple days ago and WTF?!? 5 squads? The fifth squad also showed as non-squad friendly. I tried shooting them but it counted as a friendly and no damage was done... Weird ass match.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/irksomeone/101dc52f.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/irksomeone/54be0280.jpg
you can have more than 4 squads in squad rush, but not more than 4 teams. i dunno why you can have people on the same team but in separate squads, but you can.

olimpia84 said:
M9 plat star. It's my first hand gun platinum :)
REX

thefil said:

What am I doing wrong?
be more cautious and patient. seeing someone else first is a skill.

poppabk

TheSeks said:
Even Conquest isn't a twitch shooter if you know where to defend and where people are coming from.
Sure but you are 90% guaranteed to be facing the right way in Rush if you just point yourself towards your opponents spawn, and you only have a small amount of map to worry about at any one time. Conquest you have to be a bit more aware of the entire map and the ebb and flow of the attack and defense.

MrBig

Enjoyed BC and 1943 on my 360, want to pick this up off Steam tonight. Anything I should know, is the population still sizable, and is it fine for MP that I was only running the campaign at 30fps on medium?

poppabk

MrBig said:
Enjoyed BC and 1943 on my 360, want to pick this up off Steam tonight. Anything I should know, is the population still sizable, and is it fine for MP that I was only running the campaign at 30fps on medium?
Still a huge community. Get the evil bc2 configurator to get access to more settings to optimize.
PS I am running on a 2Ghz C2D with a GT230M and playing on a trackpad and do ok. BC2 is much more tactical than most out there.

TheSeks

the one near the hills. next to the Heavy MG.

Huh, didn't think that was possible. I guess you have to blow the hell out of the B fourth set building and guide it around that and up. Skillful, since you can't guide through the missile itself.

MrBig

Bought the game on steam, dled, got it installed, put in the code and all that. Hit the play now thing under MP and it puts me in a server with 0 players and then kicks me with Punkbuster as the reason. Went to the server browser and it shows 0 servers. What is going on?

TheSeks

So... um... Battlefield: Locked Classes 4 Free released/Open Beta'd today.

Not a single fuck was given by the internet that day.gif, apparently. As I didn't even know until I read about it on reddit. lol Shows how much the game turned me off with it's LOCKED CLASS system.

MrBig said:
Bought the game on steam, dled, got it installed, put in the code and all that. Hit the play now thing under MP and it puts me in a server with 0 players and then kicks me with Punkbuster as the reason. Went to the server browser and it shows 0 servers. What is going on?
Download and install PBSetup; Punkbuster's supposed to update itself automatically, but for many people it doesn't.

The server browser doesn't show any servers in the main tab until you hit "refresh," so that could be the issue there if you didn't. Assuming you get it working, I'd stick with the browser in general, too, as I have not had good luck with "Play Now."

zlatko

Banned
I played for almost 5 hours straight today with a buddy who also bought the game. We got pooped on most games, but for the most part we had fun. It's been a long time since I played a FPS that long straight without getting frustrated or bored.

TheSeks said:
Huh, didn't think that was possible. I guess you have to blow the hell out of the B fourth set building and guide it around that and up. Skillful, since you can't guide through the missile itself.
nah. it's a straight shot thru the yellow rails on the roof of that building behind 4th B

vixlar

NekoFever said:
I've grabbed Vietnam in the Marketplace sale. Any of the other DLC worth it or should I save my points?

Only Onslaught if you want to train in the helicopter.

The SpecActs only if you want more achievments.

Vietnam is more than enough. And I expect you enjoy Viet, at first I hated it, but now I love it.

NekoFever

I don't care about the achievements so much, so I was asking purely from a gameplay/content standpoint. Using Onslaught as a training aid isn't a bad idea but I'm not sure that's worth the money, and having been through all the maps I have to say that Vietnam for 600 Points is a bargain, and more than enough extra content to keep me from getting bored.

Does anyone have some tips on the best setup/tactis for getting kills with the Uzi? I'm going through and getting a second gold star in everything (in hopes that the all bronze insignia will pop) and finding the Uzi to be really painful to use.

endlessflood said:
Does anyone have some tips on the best setup/tactis for getting kills with the Uzi? I'm going through and getting a second gold star in everything (in hopes that the all bronze insignia will pop) and finding the Uzi to be really painful to use.

If I remember correctly the uzi did the second highest damage per second at longer ranges, and it has an upward kick, so putting an acog on it and aiming at the chest could work....... i think, haven't played in a while. if all else fails, plat it in hardcore.

TheSeks

nah. it's a straight shot thru the yellow rails on the roof of that building behind 4th B

You can shoot the missile through the rails? That's completely possible? WTF DICE. :|

olimpia84

Not a good night for me: two disconnects, lots of rubberbanding, nearly empty servers and unbalanced teams. Anybody else experiencing this tonight?

TheSeks

Yeah, I was having lag in Conquest and Rush last afternoon. So I didn't play in the evening (too hot) and with a tornado taking the power out here today until late evening, I didn't feel like playing BC2. So I played Blur to level up and race.

computers putin' said:
If I remember correctly the uzi did the second highest damage per second at longer ranges, and it has an upward kick, so putting an acog on it and aiming at the chest could work....... i think, haven't played in a while. if all else fails, plat it in hardcore.
Cheers. I haven't had a chance to try the 4X but was planning to. I wonder if accuracy perk or magnum ammo will be more useful with the 4X?

saw some people mention it, decided to make sure it's more known!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 April 5 – 11

Vietnam – 600 MSP (50 percent off)
Onslaught Mode – 200 MSP (50 percent off)
Kit Shortcut Bundle Pack – 600 MSP (75 percent off)
Specact Upgrade Bundle – 240 MSP (50 percent off)
Battlefield 1943 – 600 MSP (50 percent off)

firehawk12 said:
Is Onslaught still pretty much dead on 360?
it was never alive.

if you want to play it to get the achievements, just say when!

TheSeks said:
You can shoot the missile through the rails? That's completely possible? WTF DICE. :|
not thru as THRU, but thru as in the open spaces between them.

zlatko

Banned
saw some people mention it, decided to make sure it's more known!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 April 5 – 11

Vietnam – 600 MSP (50 percent off)
Onslaught Mode – 200 MSP (50 percent off)
Kit Shortcut Bundle Pack – 600 MSP (75 percent off)
Specact Upgrade Bundle – 240 MSP (50 percent off)
Battlefield 1943 – 600 MSP (50 percent off)

it was never alive.

if you want to play it to get the achievements, just say when!

not thru as THRU, but thru as in the open spaces between them.

Is this 360 only? No one else matching this ?

Edit: Nvm just saw that the download for vietnam from amazon.com is only 7 bucks! :D

JonCha

Damn I'm tempted to get Vietnam.

Is there a separate ranking system in the expansion, or does it continue from regular BC2?

Top Bottom