• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

bhn42w.jpg

the game was even when we started, i swear!

zlatko

Banned
Just had my best game yet so far on PC. I went 10 and 1. 8 were sniper kills and two were knife kills. 7 of the 8 were head shots.

Feels good man.

Mr Nightman said:
this, on 360 and pc, I can rock helis with it :)
Then get on Mumble and offer to play , my AT4 brother! II was rocking these 2 gaffers today on a heavy metal server... with my AT4. It was magical hearing their cries after I knew I'd hit them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LOL some kid/public person named "BLAZEDDD420" wants to be my friend after that Arica Harbor second set defense.

You know you're pissing the enemy team off when you switch gunner/pilot seats to kill their push at the chokehold and they send a UAV, fail (smart trying to gunner lock me. Not too smart circling around and getting ate alive by GAF), then send out their whole team as engineers and 12% us constantly as I hop in/out of the tank Blazed's spawned on and piloted. :)| Oh well, at least he did good...) while Manny repaired us in between me being in it to gun the RPGers and getting out to repair it back to 50% to survive the onslaught.

Insane.

Ace with 2000 points that round because of it. heh.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Teknoman said:
Gonna go through SP first, havent played a good military shooter campaign in awhile.
I would highly recommend skipping it. It is terrible and will leave a bad taste in your mouth for when you switch to multiplayer.

LEGGZZZZ

Hey guys I need some help, I just bought this new router:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HWRJY4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

the netgear WNDR3700, and since installing it, I keep getting the "Connection to the gamer server has been lost" message. Is there any fix to this? Before I was running on a extremely old router and rarely got this message, now I get it 3 minutes into every game.

Has anyone else encountered this? Are there any fixes or am I just screwed?

LEGGZZZZ said:
Hey guys I need some help, I just bought this new router:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HWRJY4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

the netgear WNDR3700, and since installing it, I keep getting the "Connection to the gamer server has been lost" message. Is there any fix to this? Before I was running on a extremely old router and rarely got this message, now I get it 3 minutes into every game.

Has anyone else encountered this? Are there any fixes or am I just screwed?
If you're on a console then in your router's DHCP settings make sure it's assigning your console a fixed IP address, and then put that IP address in the DMZ.

EDIT: If you're on a PS3 then it's possible that the Anonymous attacks might be affecting the PSN in your part of the world.

zlatko

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
If you liked BFBC1's campaign, then this one will have you in stitches! :D

No. It won't.

This games campaign is by far one of the worst campaigns in any game to date. The sopranos ending can go straight to hell too.

Other than looking at DEM GRAPHICS on PC it's the most unmemorable and uncreative thing I've played through in a while. I highly recommend to skip it.

Qwomo

Yeah the singleplayer was really disappointing. It had some very good moments and some interesting set pieces, and obviously the characters were great, but overall it was stupid and felt like a waste of time. The storyline was paper-thin and the writing so transparent throughout.

Single player was really good in the first one but in this one, it really sucked overall. It had its moments but that's about it. But if you really think about it, multiplayer was the real focus of this game.

luiztfc

Love this game, but how do you reduce input lag? I have a i7 920, 6 Gb of ram and HD 5770 and even at medium settings I'm feeling a little (very little) input lag. I'm playing on servers with great ping.

Pete Rock said:
M24, why can't I leave you?!

http://i.imgur.com/jaY43.jpg[IMG]

[/QUOTE]
FUUUUUU
That's my favorite rifle too, but I've never gotten close to that many kills in a game with it and all on the first set? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-et.

Also, Faceless would like to know if you were sniping from Revis Island?

Nabs

Had some good SDM games yesterday with some gaffers. I haven't played bc2 in a few weeks, so I'm pretty rusty. I'm glad I had positional audio enabled, I could barely hear Cuban raging at the other teams.

Nabs said:
Had some good SDM games yesterday with some gaffers. I haven't played bc2 in a few weeks, so I'm pretty rusty. I'm glad I had positional audio enabled, I could barely hear Cuban raging at the other teams.
:) Oh yes, good games indeed, losing that game when we were 2 kills away from 100 was the straw on the camels back for some of us though

Ah, My sweet sweet rage. I promise that today if we get a SDM game going I wont rage, and you'll miss it. ;)

Nabs

I can appreciate good rage, especially when I can't hear it. The other team(s) were bitching the entire game though. I didn't even bring my best Carl.

I liked when I had enough of playing fair with the 870 Combat and just said, ok, you wanna play rough!, LETS PLAY ROUGH.

Then i switched to M60 Magnum and Medic+ with the MP-433... I remember mowing down a couple guys in a row , I was so happy i could have cried.

olimpia84

played with a bunch of gaffers yesterday throughout the day and at one point we faced a team with somebody that had the [GAF] tag (I think his name was HelveticAPe or something like that) and then there was another dude as well that I can't remember his name; weird

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tried hardcore mode last night, it was intense but i think that the snipers can get annoying really quick.

Goog games with Olimpia and a bunch of gaffers gonna play some more right now.

Olivero

The Faceless Master said:
bhn42w.jpg

the game was even when we started, i swear!

Not to be a dbag, but I joined in to your server last night on Panama and you had 8 medics in our spawn. Mines where litered everywhere. My friends and I hung around for a while, but seriously, medic-whoring and spawn camping get really old when it's 8 on 3. You guys could've at least limited your medics so we could actually put up a fight.

olimpia84

Olivero said:
Not to be a dbag, but I joined in to your server last night on Panama and you had 8 medics in our spawn. Mines where litered everywhere. My friends and I hung around for a while, but seriously, medic-whoring and spawn camping get really old when it's 8 on 3. You guys could've at least limited your medics so we could actually put up a fight.

If the game started even like faceless said then it's fair game, imo.

Olivero said:
You mean Nelson Bay? We had 6 Medics, an Assault and an Engineer.
Different game Olmipia, but it started out even!

Olivero said:
Yeah but you had [JEW]YahWeh Israel on your team. He's like a one man army; one of his bullets was equivalent to five of ours.

Teknoman

So is the GAF server still the same?

IP: 69.12.54.9
Name: GAF + HAZZARD COUNTY
Game Mode: Conquest
Server Location: Atlanta, GA
Hardcore: off

Sanjay

Qwomo said:
Are there actually any PC servers with a good community? I hopped on a few tonight and there was 0 voice chat and practically no text chat. Surely it isn't always like that all the time? Perhaps Source games have spoiled me.

Voice quality sucks in game so most PC gamers user 3rd party apps.

olimpia84 said:
If the game started even like faceless said then it's fair game, imo.

His complaint was not about even teams but about medic spam teams, You can guess why the other team did leave when seeing that 80% of the players are medics.

The Faceless Master said:
You mean Nelson Bay? We had 6 Medics, an Assault and an Engineer.
Different game Olmipia, but it started out even!

I wish servers included limits to classes like some TF2 servers do. Well for PC users its normally seeing 6 snipers in your team. The worst is when your stuck in a squad of 3 snipers and having to trek miles to get to the action when its a full game so leaving the squad is no option.

TheSeks

Frostbite freeze. Besides, it's hot here. So I'm going to let the PS3 cool down. :/

Soma

TheSeks said:
Frostbite freeze. Besides, it's hot here. So I'm going to let the PS3 cool down. :/
Yeah the game's been freezing my PS3 lately. Not sure if it's my system or the game disc itself.

...though it's probably a bad thing to keep having 3 to 4 hour game sessions anyhow. :(

TheSeks

IT's the game.

I've played 12 hours sessions with Faceless before. So long as the GPU paste doesn't start to like melt/warp you're fine.

(That's what I hate about this generation, too much uncertainty for gaming binges)

Booshka

Just picked this up when I saw the Deal of the Week on XBL. I've played about 5 hours of MP. I played the MP demo for like 25 hours way back when before the game came out. Enjoying Vietnam the most and Rush is probably the worst gametype ever to lone wolf in any game I have played.

The single player is really boring so far, only played three levels and it is really linear, and the battles are essentially shooting galleries that boil down to whack-a-mole. If it gets better later on I might keep playing it, but for now I'm fine with sticking to MP.

Looking for more players to Squad up with when my friends aren't on, or maybe even combine two squads into an XBL party for pro-mode. My GT is Booshka if you want to play, friends list is almost full, so if you want to just send me a message and we can play. Let me know about the SP too, if it gets better I might trudge through it.

TheSeks

Rush isn't hard to solo. It does require a team effort, but so long as you know what you're doing you're fine playing solo/no squad.

But that isn't really what BF is built for. BF is built for players/people that want to play and contribute to a team effort. You could be a shitty gunner but so long as you keep someone patched up/healed and revived you're doing good for the team.

Booshka

I mostly meant that it is extremely frustrating, because you can't just get your teammates to defend or attack appropriately, instead you have to watch them snipe and not pay attention to the objective. It is also more frustrating because the map is closed off so it is hard to flank and make moves without getting caught easily.

TheSeks

There's so many out-of-bounds antics to abuse to get around that, though. It takes time to learn.

As for randoms, welcome to BF public people. Deal with it by switching teams and screwing them in the ass if the other team is rolling. Or leave. Or hold a choke point by yourself and turn into a beast to where your teammates copy you and do it poorly. *sigh*

Thankfully, I have yet to see randoms turn into snipers once I unleash the beast and headshot fools. Guess they're too scared/awestruck by it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just fired it up for the first time in ever for Vietnam.

Is the stat tracking on 360 broken? Nothing seems to be listed at all unfortunately.

CatPee

Schmattakopf said:
I just started using the F2000. I don't know if I like it better than the burst rifles but the rate of fire is crazy.

Put on a 4x scope along with Marksman AR, then start shooting rapid single-shots and you basically have a gun that shoots all bullets in straight lines. Not to mention that the amount of bullets for a kill over long range is about equal to the AN94 without Magnum Ammo.

The AUG is also excellent at this too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
Seks:
So besides me, crack, toda, who else on the ps3 side is on break?

Seems like most everyone is still playing here and there when I jump on.

I play intermittently, and will continue until summer... then I'll be on perma break until fall.

TheSeks

Man, "Farikxs" is an idiot. Despite being a 12 Battlefield veteran, DERP HOW DOES I GIVE THE TANK WITH FULL HEALTH TO THE ENEMY AND LEAVE SEKS WITH 12% TO DIE WHILE ATTEMPTING TO GET TO THE BACK OF THE BASE TO FIRE ON THEM. DERP DERP. :|

Dreamgazer said:
Seks:
So besides me, crack, toda, who else on the ps3 side is on break?

Like, nearly everyone. I'm slowly going through Blur's leveling up in multiplayer and playing Just Cause 2 along with Parasite Eve 3. I play a few rounds maybe once or twice a day for an hour. Besides like Rock, there's no one playing it 24/7 and it's generally more lively in the evening with Jas, Manny, Rock, I, and Fersis/Meppi(?) playing.

Olimpia plays, but he sticks to the shitty conquest maps, so who cares about Olimpia? :p

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Seems like most everyone is still playing here and there when I jump on.

I play intermittently, and will continue until summer... then I'll be on perma break until fall.

oh dammit doesn't that figure!?! I get done with school and now you go on break!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:
oh dammit doesn't that figure!?! I get done with school and now you go on break!

I know right?

I'm going on break... away at school. :/

Actually I'm quite excited for a summer of studies on the beach... :) just can't bring a PS3. Though bikinis are about as good an alternative as one could wish for.

Hopefully you'll be around in the fall and for BF3!!!!

zlatko

Banned
I have a good time playing this game, but it can get really frustrating when you get stuck in a series of deaths no matter where you spawn. Locations, squad mates, doesn't matter... get bodied 3-5+ in a row. :(

Super excited for BF3 the more time I spend with this game though. :)

Top Bottom