• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

dude hits my AT mines on Laguna Presa 3x in a row...

s30va9.jpg

"well, maybe you should watch where you drive"

149qyat.jpg

"i don't play COD, maybe you should stick to safer games, like Dora the Explorer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbjOszhKKe8

Pete Rock

Schmattakopf said:
This is what I miss about Halo.
Really? I kind of wish this type of player never crawled out of the cesspool of Halo & COD to begin with, clearly they have nothing to communicate other than aggression and ignorance. If I wanted to be exposed to that type of garbage in my free time I'd spend it at the local watering hole, not playing a videogame online. Then again, that's just the nature of consoles, lowest common denominator is a function of expendable income levels and it truly does reflect in the player base. I don't ever remember any of this shit being socially normal, tolerable, let alone something to look back upon fondly when I was growing up with the genre on PC.

Listen to the dudes reply, fucking stereotypical wastoid consoletard "tha shit wannt funny, u shuld try another joke... dora the explora, come on now... U have 5 fuckin yeahs played on ur fuckin profile... I have ONE yeah and I mawded mah gamascore... ur a little fuckin' nerd, just give up, alls-u-doo is play xbox'itch"

My favorite part is the appeal to lesser nerd-dom by referencing a fifth of the XBL account history, while simultaneously claiming to have gone out of his way to mod his gamerscore. Even the gamertag warrants immediate suspicion in regards to basic cortical function, what a third rate fool. Imagine the horror of "v1", oh god.

cresto

Pete Rock said:
So what is the official term for the killcam move where the enemy sniper holds a grenade throw while crouching and spinning in circles? This is a disturbing trend.
Can u show me a vid? I haven't seen this yet :/

Pete Rock said:
Really? I kind of wish this type of player never crawled out of the cesspool of Halo & COD to begin with, clearly they have nothing to communicate other than aggression and ignorance.
I was responding half sarcastically, half because it amused me--at first. But as much as I am an elitist PC gamer, I have to say I found a lot of friendly people playing Halo 2, when I played it.

Pete Rock said:
If I wanted to be exposed to that type of garbage in my free time I'd spend it at the local watering hole, not playing a videogame online.
Well, then I'd be worried about getting shanked.

I finally got my knife platinum star today. Only took me over a year to get that bastard. It was a good knifing too and the golden tags made it even sweeter.

momolicious said:
Are these games better than Battlefield 2? Or was it built too much for consoles.
I like it a lot more than Battlefield 2. The scope has been reduced in some ways, but what's on offer has been made a lot sharper. I guess it's personal preference in the end but I've enjoyed BFBC2 MP more than I've enjoyed any other MP game including BF2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I just got BF1943. Send me a PSN message if you wanna play.

Pete Rock

ergo said:
Can u show me a vid? I haven't seen this yet :/
Don't have it recorded unfortunately. Try getting five nemesis pins in one life as a sniping wookie, then die at the hand of an enemy 50 and he'll probably break out the electric boogaloo for you.

Schmattakopf said:
I was responding half sarcastically, half because it amused me--at first.
Yeah that's part of why I had to ask, wasn't really sure either way, thanks for the clarification.

But as much as I am an elitist PC gamer, I have to say I found a lot of friendly people playing Halo 2, when I played it.
This is the other part, and I'm glad you had the opposite experience from me, but the types of players I met during Halo 3's height got off on this kind of social degeneration full tilt. Parties with full teams would be abuzz after every game with paraphrased hatemail from the "random" "bad kids" with the "walmart connections". Similarly if you lost, for whatever reason, the same toolboxes were sitting there for 5 minutes spamming the enemy team from their recent players list "oh those spawns were lucky, oh your connection was shit, oh if I had host things would be different, fuck you". Play the match, drop your gg's and gtfo, that's all I have to say no matter what game it is.

Every time I get BC2 hatemail I just reply with "ggs :)" and then prepare to block communications as the ragefacing begins. I'd rather get in an discussion with a slime mold about its direction in life, it would be more productive for both parties.

Kingbrave

I've had the 360 version for a long time because my PC wouldn't run it. I have a new one coming tomorrow and got the PC version. Is it much better?

Kingbrave

I5 2500k
6gig ram
1tb hd
ati radeon hd 5670.

I know it will run it. I just want to know if there are still a bunch of people playing it.

Edit: If you meant the one I have right now it's a laptop.

Dual Core 1.7g
4 gig ram
radeon x1400
320 gig hd

My new one comes in tomorrow and I went ahead and got BC2 for the PC today anyway.

meppi

Darkshier said:
I finally got my knife platinum star today. Only took me over a year to get that bastard. It was a good knifing too and the golden tags made it even sweeter.

Hehe, I only have the game for a good 4 months and I did the knife platinum a while ago. More than a month ago I think. :)

Kingbrave said:
I5 2500k
6gig ram
1tb hd
ati radeon hd 5670.

I know it will run it. I just want to know if there are still a bunch of people playing it.

Edit: If you meant the one I have right now it's a laptop.

Dual Core 1.7g
4 gig ram
radeon x1400
320 gig hd

My new one comes in tomorrow and I went ahead and got BC2 for the PC today anyway.
GAF Mumbler Server has a BC2 channel. Assorted PC-GAFers play BC2 in there just about every day.

seeds19

Banned
I'm playing the game for two weeks, only MP and the game is fun and very competitive, im a noob but some times im make a good match xD.

a04eb0aa.jpg

Sadly im into the game very late and the other players are RAMBOS, im diying constantly xDD.

Pete Rock

So, the Grach is pretty much the greatest pistol ever. Examining my stats based on rounds fired, I was astounded to see it in second place, right behind the pre-nerf M60.

M60: T:24h K:1,349 HS:439 S:71,850 H:8,658 A:12.05 %
443: T:22h K:1,280 HS:458 S:40,645 H:10,501 A:25.84 %

The very idea of dumping 40K rounds through a pistol in 22 hours is... ridiculous. I imagine myself at the firing range with brass casings covering the picnic tables, up to my knees, hah.

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png

Every time I trade it out for anything else it ends up screwing me, I'm either not disciplined or skilled enough with the other pistols or there are multiple targets and I die from mismanagement of my rounds and terrible reload timing on my part. Grach is my crutch, when in doubt, I break out the 443 and start hammering the trigger as I pan across targets. I suppose that bad habit explains why it's my third highest scoring weapon.

seeds19 said:
Sadly im into the game very late and the other players are RAMBOS, im diying constantly xDD.
There are certainly a lot of nuances to the flow of the game but as you pick up on those it will be easier for you to compete by knowing how to best help your team at any given moment. I am consistently surprised by how many patterns of behavior I take for granted whenever my lower level buddies are playing.

I played Bad Company 2 when it first came out on 360 for the first couple of months... if I buy a copy for PC, is there anything I should know before jumping back in? Any disastrous nerfs? I always played medic.

Is Vietnam worth buying? $7.50 is hard to resist.

Bought BC2 digital download off of Amazon today for $10. Love it, graphics look amazing on the PC and it runs so smooth. 360 version isn't even close.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Is Vietnam worth buying? $7.50 is hard to resist.

Bought BC2 digital download off of Amazon today for $10. Love it, graphics look amazing on the PC and it runs so smooth. 360 version isn't even close.
If you enjoy the lack of snpiers yes.. the maps so far also seem to have more work put into them then bc2.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Just bought the Vietnam expansion too. $15 for BC2 + Vietnam is a great deal, even if I already have 2 copies for 360. :p

Leveling is slow in Bad Company 2... too many good players. If anyone wants to play, add me: DisgustipatedS2K. I always play as a medic and I usually die trying to revive people.

Whoever thought it was a wise idea to have parts of leaves/foliage be strong enough to block potential kill shots on the Vietnam maps should be shot. Shit is really becoming a frustration for me.

wow, so i kill a defender three times from three different areas in their base (Defenders 2nd base of Laguna Presa) and that familiar audio/visual cue swiftly arrives.

108fpg9.jpg

seriously, moving all around your base while my squad spawns and wrecks your crates is camping?

anyway, a few hours later, best game of the day! Arica Harbor Attack, TANK DOMINATION 28/4 and my gunner was 61/9

2z3ovte.jpg

Cheerful Dub and Blly Crystals were also holdin' it down!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You need to come back to PSN. :(

OH WAIT PSN IS DOWN. *anger*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PSN needs to get sorted out so I can play a bit before summer. :/

Soma

swear to god when psn is back up the first the thing i'm gonna do in BC2 is grab an 870 and blast some faces.

got some repressed rage and i wanna take it out on some noobs!

Rubixcuba

Banned
Grah, I want to play BC:2. Especially considering I just bought the "Nam" DLC which I was really starting to get into.
Curse you hackers!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
just checked out Vietnam. Most servers are conquest + 1000 tickets. Fuck this shit, that's why you should never give players any setup options. Fuckers gonna ruin everything.

Massa

subversus said:
just checked out Vietnam. Most servers are conquest + 1000 tickets. Fuck this shit, that's why you should never give players any setup options. Fuckers gonna ruin everything.

I hear ya. Matchmaking4Life!

subversus said:
I can't imagine playing Vantage Point or Cao Son Temple with 1000 tickets.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
soon!

not too soon, but soon!

You (and PSN) better be back by August. ;___;

subversus said:

Yes, because you totally can't set options to not have custom settings like that on to find a server for you. *rolls eyes*

Did they say they would allow 128 player (64 v 64) massive XBOXHUEG maps in BF3? I seem to remember playing something like that back in BF1942 and having a lot of fun. Well, atleast they kept 16v16 in BC2 on the PC, most FPS don't even support that many players anymore.

Massa

TheSeks said:
Yes, because you totally can't set options to not have custom settings like that on to find a server for you. *rolls eyes*

The problem is finding a server with the right settings.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheSeks said:
Dice crafts the shittiest server browsers known to man. It's incredible.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
Dice crafts the shittiest server browsers known to man. It's incredible.

DICE's shitty server browser > Dog shit >>>>>>>>> Matchmaking.

Evolved said:
Define "these days".... lol.

Define: PSN is online. lol

Top Bottom