• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stallion Free said:

I don't think anyone but legally insane people can disagree there, man.

Anyway, with the PSN outages here I'm jonesing BAD to sit down and play the game for about six-twelve hours like I did when it launched back in the day. I don't think playing the same maps for over a year will get in the way of "ZOMG BEST FPS ON THE MARKET TODAY" hype again.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheSeks said:
You (and PSN) better be back by August. ;___;

Yes, because you totally can't set options to not have custom settings like that on to find a server for you. *rolls eyes*

Yeah, because there are 45 servers online, 80% of them have these ridiculous settings and 20% of them have 2 or 4 players online. *rolls eyes*

TheSeks

subversus said:
Yeah, because there are 45 servers online, 80% of them have these ridiculous settings and 20% of them have 2 or 4 players online. *rolls eyes*

Sounds like a problem between you and the minority. Not the server creators.

meppi

It really surprises me how much I miss playing this game with you guys.

Never considered myself to be much of an FPS gamer, besides Goldeneye and Perfect Dark back in the day.
As well as Half-Life 1 (team)deathmatch and Quake 3 on DC.
Well Killzone 2 got me as well because it was so different from every other cookie-cutter shooter out there.

Battlefield got me bad though.

Hope PSN will be up in time for the coming weekend, but I don't have a very good feeling about it.
At least if the weather continues being like it is over here 26°C and nothing but sun, I'll manage my free time by enjoying the outdoors and reading up on some books.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
Never considered myself to be much of an FPS gamer.

Well you're one of our best players so could've fooled me...

It's finals week for me right now, so the outage might actually be a blessing in disguise, but it'd still be nice to jump on for a match or two here and there.

The funny thing about playing with the gaf crew is that I've realized it's the only time now when I enjoy MP shooters. Playing random game with random people just cannot keep my attention. Only really enjoy mp with the gaf regulars (and a few other people on my FL).

meppi

Hehe, thanks. But I guess you're talking about the times when my brain doesn't actually shut down and I go into zombie more and nothing I do seems to make any sense. ;)
I just need a game to have a certain something which I can't explain. And Battlefield MP certainly seems to have that.

It's really weird, sometimes the game flows perfectly and everything just works, no matter how hectic or impossible a certain situation looks.
Yet in a matter of 15 minutes or so, or in games that fail to keep my interest like when the other team doesn't attack and instead gets sniper happy, I think I just lose interest without realizing it at the time and end up at the bottom of the list.

One thing that really helps is that my best friend in real life, Mancunian11, is either at the exact same level as me or a little bit better in just about any game we play.
Mario Kart DS/Wii, Crash Commando, Killzone 2, Dead Nation and many others I can't think of right now.
That's a great way to build new tactics and learn to see and try things in a way that you yourself probably wouldn't have thought about.

Can't wait to find out if he likes Portal 2 or not once our copies arrive. :)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheSeks said:
Sounds like a problem between you and the minority. Not the server creators.

yes, sounds like majority are stupid assholes as usual and that's why they should never ever have any control.

Anyway it seems that this problem plagues Vietnam exclusively, vanilla has a lot of good servers.

But Killzone 2 had this problem 6 months after release. Radec Academy, 1.5 hour for each objective, enjoy your stay people.

Evolved1

Rubixcuba said:
Well, as of recent :p (Before PSN got hacked)
I got full games, but sometimes it'd be less than 4v4.

Well... to answer your original question... there's still a strong gaf group on PS3. Not quite how it was during peak time, but probably a dozen or so of us still play regularly and some of us occasionally (I'm in this group). We can still fill a side and sometimes do.

Loving this game on PC. Already level 11, and I'm way more addicted than I ever was with the 360 version. Great game. Gotta play with some GAF'ers though...

recklessmind said:
Is that a riddle? Explain yourself!
vpsnu.jpg

and the Wii stands alone.

TheSeks

The Faceless Maste said:
X-box 3fixme.jpg

and the Wii stands alone.

COME BACK TO DA PS3. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. ;) ;) At least it won't break on you if you so much as look at it wrong
For at least two years

subversus said:
But Killzone 2 had this problem 6 months after release. Radec Academy, 1.5 hour for each objective, enjoy your stay people.

Because it was a stupid easy way to get turret/airkills/etc. for badge unlocks if you had the time.

Come on son.gif You know Matchmaking blows goats.

Pete Rock

I've got a third hanging around if you want it, I'm certainly never going to use it. Falcon unit w/ original E74 that was repaired by MS, or a Jasper that's never had any problems other than being loud. I don't even know why I upgraded to a slim, I hate these goddamn things.

CatPee

JackEtc said:
vncuf5.gif

Fucking love this game and all it's crazy moments. I need to start playing again.

Wow, this is the perfect thing to get my friend to jump on the bandwagon (a year late). Got the source vid somewhere?

TheSeks

JackEtc said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLE12riIr0

Skip to 4:00 and watch all the way to the end if you want the amazing to happen.

The C4 throwing on a chopper about to kill him on Heavy Metal as a sniper is impressive, and I'm generally one not to be impressed with montages as I've pulled off similar stuff on random days.

That's one I need to write down and attempt to do
Okay, not. I enjoy my positive KDR

Pete Rock

Pulled a similar stunt early last night playing with randoms on Atacama Rush Defense, we'd pushed all the way out front of the trailers and I killed a wookie with an 870 as I see two quads exit their base. I decide to trade in my garand as I had already dumped my AT mines, jump and parachute over those sheet metal barriers down toward the road and stand in the middle acting like roadkill bait. The guy keys in on me and I jump and headshot him as I see his goggles come into view, then as I am turning back around the other quad with two guys tries the same thing and they get double killed with my next shell, a medic/assault combo. The corpses are still rolling off the quad by the time I turn around to sight in with the Grach.

That footage was all PC, right? I'd be shocked if that wasn't with a mouse.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
TheSeks said:
The C4 throwing on a chopper about to kill him on Heavy Metal as a sniper is impressive, and I'm generally one not to be impressed with montages as I've pulled off similar stuff on random days.

That's one I need to write down and attempt to do
Okay, not. I enjoy my positive KDR
Its one of those things that I know is possible and I get excited about sometimes when I see a low flying heli and think maybe I'll get a chance to try it, but the right set of circumstances never materializes.

meppi

Well it's not like that montage is a series of impossible events.
That's not the point anyway.

It's just a collection of Battlefield holy shit moments that happens once in a while to anyone who gets a bit creative or is just looking to do something the other team isn't suspecting them to do.

Still great though, and makes me want to play the game even more.

JackEtc

Pete Rock said:
That footage was all PC, right? I'd be shocked if that wasn't with a mouse.
Yeah, PC.

Played a little last night for the first time in a while (been soooo busy) trying to Roadkill Bluff someone, I ended up just sneaking behind tanks and setting mines, then running in front of them to get them to move to aim at me, and then them blowing up, lol.

I'm just remembering all the "Battlefield Moments" I've had in this game. Wanna go home right now and start playing again.

So,I just popped it in for the first time in 4 months, join a match in Valaparisio, and I find myself constantly getting dropped by the Blackhawk near instantly. when the hell did it get so powerful? It wouldn't be such a big deal if the Blackhawk didn't have a hard counter against the only viable anti-air option on the stage with the smoke perk, but it comes off pretty imbalanced right now.

Also, I'm assuming there was a patch that dropped in the last 4 months. If so, can someone please list the major changes for me?

computers putin' said:
So,I just popped it in for the first time in 4 months, join a match in Valaparisio, and I find myself constantly getting dropped by the Blackhawk near instantly. when the hell did it get so powerful? It wouldn't be such a big deal if the Blackhawk didn't have a hard counter against the only viable anti-air option on the stage with the smoke perk, but it comes off pretty imbalanced right now.

Also, I'm assuming there was a patch that dropped in the last 4 months. If so, can someone please list the major changes for me?
there was a patch last ... uhh ... november? that buffed the blackhawk, it takes 1 less bullet to kill. the Blackhawk isn't that hard to take down with the M136 AT4, which got a big speed buff. also, on the first 3 bases of Valparaiso, some atacking teams will hover over the water to the side/back of the base and shoot at spawn points.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
on the first 3 bases of Valparaiso, some atacking teams will hover over the water to the side/back of the base and shoot at spawn points.

And this is why I hate defending on that map, there is little/no cover for the defenders against a good Blackhawk.

Says the person that will remove cover against those people on ground in attack due to this shit.

CatPee

TheSeks said:
And this is why I hate defending on that map, there is little/no cover for the defenders against a good Blackhawk.

Anyone decent with a rocket launcher can take it down pretty quickly though.
But sadly, everyone just sprays bullets at the Blackhawk, doing a whole lotta nothing :(

How difficult is this gong to be to jump in to if I buy BC2 now? Also, Do I need Vietnam to find games?

EDIT: meh bought it I guess we'll see! :)

Nabs

don't bother with vietnam until you play a bit of vanilla. i haven't touched vietnam in a really long time.

TheSeks

CatPee said:
Anyone decent with a rocket launcher can take it down pretty quickly though.

Sure, if you AT4. Otherwise LOL SMOKE. FUCK YOU RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE. >:|

Evolved1

AT4's are easy enough to dodge if you're positioned right and paying attention. Last few times I piloted on Valp my gunner easily got 60+ kills.

Since figuring out my strategy on that map I'm thinking the BH is quite overpowered... especially when the pilot has smoke.

When piloting, the only thing that I find bothersome are snipers that gunners can't see or won't fire on. I laugh at rockets. Only the best AT4 guys can land a hit on a good pilot.

recklessmind said:
AT4's are easy enough to dodge if you're positioned right and paying attention. Last few times I piloted on Valp my gunner easily got 60+ kills.

Since figuring out my strategy on that map I'm thinking the BH is quite overpowered... especially when the pilot has smoke.

When piloting, the only thing that I find bothersome are snipers that gunners can't see or won't fire on. I laugh at rockets. Only the best AT4 guys can land a hit on a good pilot.

This, position yourself right, pay attention, or just shimmy side to side so no one can get a good shot at you, and the Blackhawk is not being taken down with the AT4. AT4 is only good for pilots who circle strafe really.

Thing is with the Blackhawk, you don't have to get close to do damage with it anymore, just stay back and pay attention, and you wont get shot down. Before if you decided to hang back with the Blackhawk you would be pretty ineffective, but now it seems you get to chop people down without the added vulnerability of getting up close....

Top Bottom