• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jas said:
You can try practicing with the Battlefield Play4Free game, pretty sure it's Mac compatible.

It's crap, and it isn't. Q3A/Q0 is native Intel Mac compatible, meanwhile.

Meanwhile: Give me your TE if you don't want it JJD. At least I could use it instead of having to futz about with not having L1/L2 for PPP/KKK macros in GGPO.

TheSeks

Jas said:
Ah ok, my bad.

If he truly wants to play "Play 4 Free," he should play "Battlefield: 2 Complete Collection 4 $10-20."

But yeah, twitch shooters like Quake would help him cut his teeth. Of course, it's been years since I've played Q3A, but it helped my aim considerably online.

Jas

TheSeks said:
If he truly wants to play "Play 4 Free," he should play "Battlefield: 2 Complete Collection 4 $10-20."

But yeah, twitch shooters like Quake would help him cut his teeth. Of course, it's been years since I've played Q3A, but it helped my aim considerably online.

Quake Live came to mind when I made that post but thought it might be too frustrating to begin with. Definitely agree with Q3A would help cut his teeth :)

SonnyBoy said:
I just purchased this today on 360 and need some fellow gaffers to play with. I love team aspect of the game and def want to play a role within a squad. Can I get some gamer-tags to add?
thezerofire, I'd be glad to play with you, but I don't pretend to be very good

Miggytronz

SonnyBoy said:
I just purchased this today on 360 and need some fellow gaffers to play with. I love team aspect of the game and def want to play a role within a squad. Can I get some gamer-tags to add?

add me if ya like. I play with about 4-6 guys every night.

Miguelangelos

abuC

JJD said:
No one seems to be playing on PS3 anymore...

I'm sad...
I'm going to be building a PC soon, but I might get back on bc2 since my friends don't seem to be playing kz3 much anymore.

TheSeks

abuC said:
I'm going to be building a PC soon.

*tears of joy* Hot damn, hopefully Frostbite 2 doesn't freeze on us when you circle of doom. :D

abuC

TheSeks said:
*tears of joy* Hot damn, hopefully Frostbite 2 doesn't freeze on us when you circle of doom. :D
Haha, I'm probably going to suck for a while, I've never used the k/b/m for more than 5 mins.

Calion

....Wow, is nearly all of PS3-BC2 GAF expanding to PC? Depending on when I get my car, about a month or so later is when I'll be able to buy a fairly capable gaming rig.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
....Wow, is nearly all of PS3-BC2 GAF expanding to PC? Depending on when I get my car, about a month or so later is when I'll be able to buy a fairly capable gaming rig.

No, it just seems that way. JJD isn't, Evolved isn't, Faceless isn't...

Hopefully some of the stuff a friends family member left behind in terms of PC parts isn't too old so it lowers the costs of my needing new PC parts down. If those BF3 Gamestop specs are right, it doesn't need too much of a monster PC, but I really do need an update to my tower.

burnfout

Fuck the 360.

I got hit with credit card fraude two weeks ago, and that needed some time sorting out. Yesterday tried to turn on BF for a couple of friday night games, 360 account suspended cause of lack of payment.

Wont be able to play the 360 version all weekend, until I get this shit sorted out on monday.

I also have the PS3 version, so been playing that this weekend.(only level 4 :( ) Thinking of making the PS3 version of BF3 my main. Fuck this paying for xbox live.

TheSeks

burnfout said:
I also have the PS3 version, so been playing that this weekend.(only level 4 :( ) Thinking of making the PS3 version of BF3 my main. Fuck this paying for xbox live.

While PSN is > XBL on price, do you really want to deal with broken hardware on both manufacturers sides like I've had to? No?

Then come to glorious PC land for BF3. You know you want to, superior PS3 GAF is going to PC GAF to teach them lessons in rolling teams.

If only everyone used controllers instead of keyboard and mice...

Hey my old computer broke down and when installing BC2 on my new one it won't let me go online saying that it's in use. is there any way to fix this without rebuying the game?

burnfout

TheSeks said:
While PSN is > XBL on price, do you really want to deal with broken hardware on both manufacturers sides like I've had to? No?

Then come to glorious PC land for BF3. You know you want to, superior PS3 GAF is going to PC GAF to teach them lessons in rolling teams.

If only everyone used controllers instead of keyboard and mice...

I am on my 5th 360 and second PS3 :(

CatPee

Owner of superior non-failing PS3 here :D. I've probably gotten tens of thousands of hours on it already and left it on by accident for a couple days a while back. Still going strong like a champ.

I wish I could play BF3 on PC, but my computer can't run it and I don't have the money for a new one.

Unrelated, but I really like the Thompson

CatPee said:
Owner of superior non-failing PS3 here :D. I've probably gotten tens of thousands of hours on it already and left it on by accident for a couple days a while back. Still going strong like a champ.
that's what i said last year...

meppi

The Faceless Master said:
that's what i said last year...

I sold mine last year and replaced it with a slim.
Been doing this very thing since the problems with the PSones needing to be put on their sides or even upside down to play the discs.

Sony hardware has never been very reliable so I exchange them a good while before they break.
Did the same thing with my PS2 as well when the slim came out.
So far I've been pretty lucky dodging the bullets that way. ;)

meppi said:
I sold mine last year and replaced it with a slim.
Been doing this very thing since the problems with the PSones needing to be put on their sides or even upside down to play the discs.

Sony hardware has never been very reliable so I exchange them a good while before they break.
Did the same thing with my PS2 as well when the slim came out.
So far I've been pretty lucky dodging the bullets that way. ;)
slims can't play fire pro wrestling returns, so that was never an option for me.

meppi

They don't?

Well crap, I actually wanted to buy that from the import shop someday when I buy a Japanese PSN card. :(

I got enough other versions I guess...
But still.

TheSeks

slims can't play fire pro wrestling returns, so that was never an option for me.

What, is that a PS2 game or something?

CatPee said:
Owner of superior non-failing PS3 here :D.

Say that until the GPU fails twice, and then it decides to YLoD on you a year after you paid $150 to get it fixed.

No more. PC only for me from now on since it seems like that's what Sony and MS want me to do. Fuck them and fuck their shitty hardware. So pissed.

Enron

Banned
TheSeks said:

Say that until the GPU fails twice, and then it decides to YLoD on you a year after you paid $150 to get it fixed.

No more. PC only for me from now on since it seems like that's what Sony and MS want me to do. Fuck them and fuck their shitty hardware. So pissed.

I just want to point out that I've had my ps3 since 2007 and no problemo!

CatPee

TheSeks said:

Well, at this point, even if it does blow up, I have a stable job and loads of cash :D.

Take that Seks!

TheSeks

Enron said:
I just want to point out that I've had my ps3 since 2007 and no problemo!

Okay, thank you for the drive by posting.

@Cat: Cool. But I demand more reliably from my hardware. Sony and Ms both failed that this generation, so fuck them.

TheSeks

CatPee said:
So then what will happen if the GPU/PSU/etc. of your future PC blows up? Will you be hopping on the WiiU BF3 bandwagon?

Nope, because I can at least replace the parts myself as opposed to having to pay $150 a year later or be fucked.

Enron

Banned
TheSeks said:
Okay, thank you for the drive by posting.

Forgive me I was bored

But, shit happens. Sony seems to have been far better on the hardware reliability front, but you abandoning ps3 wont matter as most everyone will be playing bf3 on pc anyhoo. Although ill still probably end up buying this game 3 times like i did with bc2 thanks to friends who refuse to all play on one platform.

TheSeks

meppi said:
Never mind. I was thinking about the PSN release, but never read how that thing turned out to be a hoax. Fuck.

In any case, I feel Faceless' pain of PS2 games not running on PS3's. Shit sucks when you convert your saves to virtual memory card format and can't use them on emulators because they're on your dead PS3 so they're LOCKED UP in a casket with no ability to convert.

THANK GOD I BACKED THAT SHIT UP THE FIRST TIME MY PS3 DIED.

Never a-fucking-gain.

TheSeks said:
In any case, I feel Faceless' pain of PS2 games not running on PS3's. Shit sucks when you convert your saves to virtual memory card format and can't use them on emulators because they're on your dead PS3 so they're LOCKED UP in a casket with no ability to convert.

THANK GOD I BACKED THAT SHIT UP THE FIRST TIME MY PS3 DIED.

Never a-fucking-gain.
oh, i have the saves backed up. plus, i could always redownload the edits from FirepPro Club.

TheSeks

oh, i have the saves backed up. plus, i could always redownload the edits from FirepPro Club.

Emulate it? But like I said, those saves are a pain in the ass to get back from the PS3. :|

<3 Port Valdez Conquest

15fqicm.jpg

zlatko

Banned
I hadn't played the game for a couple months, but when I was playing I never had any issues with ping. The last 2 days I constantly keep getting kicked out of games, because my ping is so far up above 200, and I'm not sure what the cause is at all. I don't have anything else open, and my internet connection is 16-20MB/s download and 5-6 up.

I'm running anti virus stuff as I type this, but does anyone else know why my ping might be so absurdly high ?

Edit: Ran spyware/antivirus and it didn't find anything.

1379565344.png

Upload is shitty today, but that shouldn't matter too much should it?

meppi

I don't think it matters that much overall.
Just depends on the time of day and which servers you end up playing along with the server load I guess.

For comparison here's my stats:

1379625873.png

And when I was playing with Olimpia last night I was having severe rubber-banding issues.
Firing rockets or tracers meant that I got to see 2 consecutive projectiles being fired one second after the other.
Impossible to be accurate that way.
Not to mention running into a building and then being transported back outside.

Once I hooked up with rockscar on a different server, everything was back to normal.

zlatko

Banned
My issue sounds similar. Everything will be running fine and smooth, then there's like a 2-3 second hiccup delay with a major stutter, but that happens once like every 20-30 minutes. The rest of the time it's going fine.

For those of you who are on PC, is there a reason why I can't find any games of squad death match on North America? Like none. Maybe my ping issue is I'm trying to play with Europeans I guess. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So after not playing for a couple months on the 360, I ended up buying this again on Steam sale. Am I going to have to unlock the weapons all over again, or do they transfer between 360 and PC?

Pankaks said:
So after not playing for a couple months on the 360, I ended up buying this again on Steam sale. Am I going to have to unlock the weapons all over again, or do they transfer between 360 and PC?
You are going to have to unlock everything all over again. Have fun!

Top Bottom