• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
-Silver- said:
Sorry Evolved, game froze. Then again, it always does when I'm in the chopper.

No worries... just so you know. We won. Most of our side dropped and it was tough going for a bit, but then a decent group of team players joined my squad and we rolled to victory. One of my best Oasis rounds ever actually... took the last four crates myself.

I haven't been chopper gunner for quite a while. Especially in that one. Took a bit to get acclimated and was just starting to rack up the kills when you dropped. :(

Last night I couldn't connect to EA, while my room mate was playing fine in the next room. Now I'm on and he can't connect to EA. Dubya tee ef?!

Yopis

The Faceless Master said:
ran into this guy playing BC2 tonight...

10iaK.jpg

What a clown

EA finally fixed my game and serial key last night after 3 freaking weeks without the game and..... MY STATS ARE GONE..........

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:(

Just got the digital deluxe version for $15. My soldier name is Shaberu if anyone can...add me or something. Lookin' for some squad play, probably getting a headset soon.

ColonialRaptor said:
EA finally fixed my game and serial key last night after 3 freaking weeks without the game and..... MY STATS ARE GONE..........

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:(
I think your stats are tied to your cd key bro.

Dave1988

Dreamgazer said:
I'm going to make the PS3 player list active for public edit for now, since I don't have the capability to maintain it at this moment:

http://tinyurl.com/3kodqr4
People should update their status also.

Great. Added myself to the list. Bought BC2 a few days ago and I'm loving it.
I hope to get in on some GAF action :p

I don't know how many of you visit the HaloGAF threads, but I'm a major Halo fan.

I've grown tired of Reach, so I decided to branch out to different multiplayer games. I rented Black Ops, and that wasn't up my alley, so on a whim I bought Bad Company 2 yesterday.

I spent all night playing this damn game. I'm not a big fan of how DICE handles weapon kits (I don't feel like I'm on a level playing field with other players), but that didn't stop me from appreciating and enjoying the game.

I'm sure some of you guys are jaded now from years of playing Battlefield (I had a brief love affair with 1942 a few years ago, but I haven't played any other Battlefield game online), but I just wanted to say how much fun I've had with this game already and that I can't wait for Battlefield 3 to come out.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I didn't get a VIP code. Should I buy one?
2) Vietnam: Is it worth the money?

Yes on the VIP code so you can have more map choices. As someone who bought Vietnam at launch I'd say no. It's okay for a few weeks but it got pretty boring fast.

richiek said:
Anyone else getting a "Failed to connect to EA Online" error message? I'm on the 360.
I had this issue, too. I read online that you should log out of XBL, change your system date to Nov. 15, 2005 and try again.

It worked for me.

Jtrizzy

I hope some of the PS3 migrates over to PC for BF3. I'll have a 580/2600k build up and running next week, in plenty of time for the beta. Problem is I haven't played an FPS on PC since the first Doom so I'll be getting used to the kb/m.

Pete Rock

Hitmonchan107 said:
I don't know how many of you visit the HaloGAF threads
Echo Chamber |OTX|
1) I didn't get a VIP code. Should I buy one?
2) Vietnam: Is it worth the money?
In my opinion if you just picked this up, it should have more than enough legs with vanilla content to see you through to BF3 in the short few months between now and release. If you take a look at the leaderboards on 360, the lowest ranking based on time investment begins at 114H and tops out at 666H.

Personally I've put in 521 hours myself, the general consensus is it takes 250-300 to hit "50" but that milestone is arbitrary and pointless. I'd imagine by the time you get everything unlocked for the classes you enjoy the most BF3 will be out and you'll be ready to transition full time. By no means am I "done" with the game but at this point I will only play if I have a full squad of guys online ready to go or already in a game, one way or another.

If BF fans spent as much time performing mental gymnastics to justify shitty design and subsequently shitty gameplay experiences the series never would have gotten anywhere. Don't look back, you won't miss anything.

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
I'll probably get out of haitus for a few hours tomorrow + this weekend.

let me know if anyone is interested in joining.

Hey good to know! If I see you online I'll join for sure!

Evolved1

JJD said:
Hey good to know! If I see you online I'll join for sure!

I'll be on late tonight and this weekend. Today is the last day of one of my summer classes... so I'm trying to push through (I'm such a procrastinator) and get everything finished.

Looking forward to some BF.

Mikasangelos said:
Hitmonchan107 ive done the same. Reach is just too much of a bear to bear.

Been grinding out on BC2 for awhile now.
PAX will be the deciding factor on if I'll play Reach for any substantial amount of time again. I'm tired of picking up that game and getting bitter.

That hasn't happened with BFBC2. I just get tired from playing all night. :^)

abuC

CatPee said:
JETS JETS JETS!

There's an airshow coming soon and I saw lots of jets doing their practice runs today. So hyped for Gamescom.
I can already see people waiting for the jets to spawn rather than helping out.

I am now officially, and finally, at 1.00! This isn't much of an accomplishment for GAF, but damn if it hasn't been vexing me. Something happened to me in November and I fell behind nearly 900 deaths. Then I turned it around in February and have steadily clawed myself back to even. Didn't hurt that I had a 93-30 k/d the other night. All my classes are at least 1.0 except for Medic, but I intend to get that back as well.

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
Good games tonight, Evolved, Abu and especially you, meat shield(j/k), Enron

Nice to have you in the squad... maybe this weekend we can find some full servers.

markot

Banned
Heyyyyyyyyyy.

havent played this in awhile, got a new gpu, maxed it all up and out... but its so bright >_> like that desert lvl, you cant barely see anyone unless they are moving... even other lvls like panama seem to have it too to a lesser extent.

Any setting responsible for that >.>? Just want to tone it down abit, its too distracting.

Nabs

disable bloom in the ini. that shit will kill you. don't even bother getting into a tank.

documents \ bfbc2 \ settings.ini

Anyone else ever had problems with the "white screen of death"? I'm running Windows 7 and it seems random...sometimes I can play for hours without a problem and sometimes only a few minutes into a match my screen will turn all white...I can still hear stuff and shoot my gun and all that, but I can't see anything. Sucks!

olimpia84

Good games and wins even though the other team was brutal as fuck. I almost had a nervous breakdown in those Arica and Nelson Bay matches..... =/

Evolved1

olimpia84 said:
Good games and wins even though the other team was brutal as fuck. I almost had a nervous breakdown in those Arica and Nelson Bay matches..... =/

Haha I've never heard you worked up before... must be from playing with Manny and I lol.

Ejas probably muted us all.

Top Bottom