• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Jas

Evolved1 said:
Haha I've never heard you worked up before... must be from playing with Manny and I lol.

Ejas probably muted us all.

haha, Nah, not at all.

Good games guys, that last round had one of the fastest turn arounds I've seen.

meppi

olimpia84 said:
Good games and wins even though the other team was brutal as fuck. I almost had a nervous breakdown in those Arica and Nelson Bay matches..... =/
Hehe, I was cursing as well but you didn't hear me. ;)

Our team just sucked beyond belief.
And like you said, the others just kept coming without relenting.
Don't know how they did it as at times it felt like we were going 12 vs 24. Very weird game.
One guy comes around a corner, I Gustav him in the face, shoot his buddy down with the G3 and the 2 more guys pop up giving me no time to reload, only to drop a grenade and run, which didn't work out like I hoped...

Such a messy game.
Made up for it the next game though, once we got out of Arica. ;)
One thing that pissed me off was seeing nearly everyone on the other side switch to medic. I hate games like that...

meppi

Can a server actually lag so much that literally takes a second or more to switch between weapons?

I've never seen that happen before. Holy shit.

There was some severe rubber banding going on as well, but actually lagging up the weapon selection on my end? WTF.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Man I just had a epic 2-3 hours of MP BC2 and I go back to the main menu screen...and all my levels, pins, weapon unlocks are gone... :(

I thought they sorted this out... :?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
F#A#Oo said:
Man I just had a epic 2-3 hours of MP BC2 and I go back to the main menu screen...and all my levels, pins, weapon unlocks are gone... :(

I thought they sorted this out... :?

Play one match and it'll all be there... no worries. Though it is annoying if you want to check your progress on weapons and such.

I finally decided to boot it back up and get my Vietnam achievements. I just need silvers, golds, and helis but the helicopter one is going to be super tough.

I usually play hardcore but it seems there are way more people playing the regular mode. Gotta get used to setting down more anti-tank mines and spotting.

lionelhutz said:
WTF is going on with EA online?

I was just about to post this. XBox version here, keeps giving me "Failed to connect to EA Online". NAT type is open, other online games are working, Ive rebooted, etc. I have 2 people on my friends list in the middle of games right now.

This happened before about 2 months after launch. My buddy could get on, but I couldnt. Rebooted, deleted the save file, did everything.... until I read on a random forum that changing the systems date to a month earlier fixed everything. Thought it was stupid, tried it... and it worked. Didnt work this time though.

Does anyone have any video showing how to get up on the leftmost ridge (as attacker) on Nelson Bay? I've forgotten how to do it and couldn't find the spot last night.

meppi

Well, I'm glad it wasn't just me I guess.

Crazy game with Rockscar tonight.
He's playing HC so I leave to find a regular conquest game and end up in an Atacama game along with only one other guy on my team.
I take A by myself, then B, without any resistance. So I check the stats to see if there's anyone on the opposite team.
It's 6 vs 2 and 4 of them are level 50s.

Once they realize fresh meat joined in, they started a baseraping attempt.
After blowing up a couple of their tanks and downing a chopper but getting killed several time thanks to being so outnumbered, Rockscar joins in for the "fun" and also decided to not back down and quit the server.
So we start fighting back and 2 more people join our side and 3 more on the other team.

Not sure how many tickets we were behind but it was around 100 last time I checked.
After kicking their ass from A to C and back again we end up winning the game with a handful tickets left. lol
I've seen some epic comebacks in the past, but this was just crazy. :D

Cuban Legend said:
Amazing Console player skills.

I can't wait to see this level of console skill from GAF members as they join us in BF3 PC with their controller support!
3cnv.jpg

I would be more at ease if people just stick to the "console requires no skills" routine.

Nabs

Cuban doesn't know sarcasm, believe me.

I do hope a good number of ps3 users make the jump. It would be fun making people rage together.

abuC

questionmark said:
Holy shit. No wonder people complain about helicopters on consoles. That's fucking ridiculous.
I just watched some videos of helicopters on the Pc and it seems like a huge difference in how they are flown. No wonder they get shot down so quickly.

vaelic

Banned
why the heck does this game freeze, crash or blue screen your PC so dang much? A ton of us on teamspeak kept running in to these issues over the weekend :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
oh man, i love when he sails by in the jetski, then switches to the back seat and kills the dude!

Yeah, that was impressive. I also liked the AT mine throwing and shotgun. Never thought of doing that
because it's fucking unnecessary

@Nabs: If only I had the $690-700 to build my PC. :( Stupid job market. :(

AbuC said:
I just watched some videos of helicopters on the Pc

Links. I've never seen PC flying on Youtube.

why the heck does this game freeze, crash or blue screen your PC so dang much?

Frostbite, it happens when buildings crumble and your too close/etc. Happens on console as well. Pray FB 2.0 fixed it permanently as it was common in BC1/2.

scogoth

vaelic said:
why the heck does this game freeze, crash or blue screen your PC so dang much? A ton of us on teamspeak kept running in to these issues over the weekend :/

For some reason the audio of BC2 kept crashing using the built-in Realtek ACL889 on my mobo and same thing for my friends mobo. We both bought USB headsets and disabled the chipset in BIOS and haven't had a problem since. Not ideal but sacrifices have to made to made for pc gaming =(

abuC

Mr Sandman said:
They get shot down quick because of how OP the AT4's speed is now (after the last patch). With a mouse it's too easy and takes no effort.
I don't doubt that It's easier to shoot them down with a mouse, but it also looks like the helicopters just aren't flown the same way as on consoles.

vaelic

Banned
TheSeks said:
Frostbite, it happens when buildings crumble and your too close/etc. Happens on console as well. Pray FB 2.0 fixed it permanently as it was common in BC1/2.
Oh! Did DICE confirm that?

TheSeks

abuC said:

They can, but it seems like the rotor is what spins them compared to the whole helicopter "leaning" like it does on consoles. From the pilot view, it seems like they get "locked" so they don't have the "flip over and die" ability that consoles have against novice pilots, however it seems (to me, anyway) easier to spin around and so long as you worry about the anti-air options, still easy enough to keep up in the air.

Then again, I don't have a PC to install my PC copy of BC2 to see for myself. :/

vaelic said:
Oh! Did DICE confirm that?
No, us playing hundreds of hours of BC2 have though. Frostbite Freeze is a common occurring issue on each platform and is really frustrating. Add to the sound glitches, getting kicked to the main menu/dashboard, c4 bug, lose/win screen bug, and more I am surely forgetting about. For being such a big game, BC2 has some pathetic bugs.

Darkshier said:
No, us playing hundreds of hours of BC2 have though. Frostbite Freeze is a common occurance on each platform and is really frustrating. Add to the sound glitches, getting kicked to the main menu/dashboard, c4 bug, lose/win screen bug, and more I am surely forgetting about. For being such a big game, BC2 has some pathetic bugs.
That lose/win screen bug is ridiculous. Anyone have any idea why it happens?

CatPee

Hitmonchan107 said:
That lose/win screen bug is ridiculous. Anyone have any idea why it happens?

This started to happen right after the big patch that included the new VIP maps and Vietnam. I don't think a real cause has been identified yet.

JJD

Some great games earlier today...I think 6 or 7 gaffers were playing together on some of those matches! Needless to say we steamrolled everyone regardless of being offense or defense.

I just saw that video from the 360 player, and he seems to play in the vehicles with the 3rd person view. I never tried to play like that. Is it any good?

abuC

JJD said:
I just saw that video from the 360 player, and he seems to play in the vehicles with the 3rd person view. I never tried to play like that. Is it any good?
Yeah, mostly after I fire so I can see the arc of the shell to make corrections, I go back and forth between the viewpoints.

TheSeks

JJD said:

I can't stand it, because it's jarring. But there is some players that swear by third person. See for yourself.

abuC said:
I don't doubt that It's easier to shoot them down with a mouse, but it also looks like the helicopters just aren't flown the same way as on consoles.
I already explained this in the past but its obviously different because the physics are completely unrealistic on consoles, PC's physics are much more grounded in reality, you cant circle strafe with your nose pointing almost straight down before you crash on the ground from the inertia and gravity.

Xux

Finally got almost decent again towards the end there. As cool as the PS3 GAF guys are, hopefully BF3 brings in a good amount of west coast players so I can get decent lag sometimes. :lol

With having the M9 finally under platinum status, I have one more pistol left that requires a platinum star

And I saved the best one for last: the M93R BURST

It will be very interesting to see how long this will take

scogoth

TheSeks said:
I can't stand it, because it's jarring. But there is some players that swear by third person. See for yourself.

Switch between the two; third person vehicle view will give you situational awareness and allow you to not be blown up by C4, first person allows better aiming.

scogoth said:
Switch between the two; third person vehicle view will give you situational awareness and allow you to not be blown up by C4, first person allows better aiming.
in choppers i'm almost always in 1st person. in other vehicles, i shoot in 1st person and usually drive in 3rd. and constantly look behind for sneaky mofos.

Top Bottom