• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

v4xGC.png

360 -------------------- PS3

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
aristotle said:
ok wth. I have bronze stars on everything, but I don't have two medals for it: All bronze stars and all bronze weapons. what gives? I thought they fixed this already.

I just got (at least one of) those yesterday... I hadn't bronzed the water vehicles. I parked the patrol boat behind an island and shelled the area around the crates. Got 6 -7 kills pretty quickly and my "all bronze" patch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
I just got (at least one of) those yesterday... I hadn't bronzed the water vehicles. I parked the patrol boat behind an island and shelled the area around the crates. Got 6 -7 kills pretty quickly and my "all bronze" patch.

It's also glitched for some people still.

aristotle

endlessflood said:
It's glitched for me too, I've had gold in everything for months now and still no "all bronze weapons" or "all bronze" insignias :(

I always suspected it was the fact that I had a bronze star in everything (in terms of qualifying number of kills) before they had actually properly patched the M1 Garand/M1A1 Thompson stats. Was that the case for you as well? I've seen a lot of high level guys with the glitch.

Damn it yes. I wish they would've fixed that. I knew getting those kills before they fixed would've messed me up. :(

I've bronzed everything so far. I got the water vehicle one months ago so I could get the all bronze on vehicles. I wouldn't mind if they just reset those two specific weapons, but now I can't ever get all the medals.

UFRA

So, my highlight of the night was surprisingly on Nelson Bay...

2nd set of M-COM's, the enemy team was pretty stupid and decided that B was more important than A even though B was destructible...

Earlier I managed to C4 about half of the building, so it only needed a few more to go down. I got mowed down in the process by like 4-5 medics guarding B.

So, I sneak around the backside this time, manage to pop 3 C4's along the remaining walls in key points, and boom:

JM761 <C4 Explosive> Someguy 1
JM761 <C4 Explosive> Someguy 2
JM761 <C4 Explosive> Someguy 3
JM761 <C4 Explosive> Someguy 4
JM761 <C4 Explosive> Someguy 5
JM761 <Destruction 2.0> Someguy 6
JM761 <Destruction 2.0> Someguy 7

M-COM destroyed, Multi-kill, yadda yadda yadda 780 points total. :lol :lol :lol :D :D

Seks you would have been so proud of me. :p

Evolved1

fun tonight... my ps3 froze during our white pass defense... it was just starting to get interesting too, but i figured the server would be full by the time i restarted and everything.

todahawk

UFRA said:

2nd set of M-COM's, the enemy team was pretty stupid and decided that B was more important than A even though B was destructible...

Earlier I managed to C4 about half of the building, so it only needed a few more to go down. I got mowed down in the process by like 4-5 medics guarding B.

So, I sneak around the backside this time, manage to pop 3 C4's along the remaining walls in key points, and boom:

M-COM destroyed, Multi-kill, yadda yadda yadda 780 points total. :lol :lol :lol :D :D

Shiiiiiiiit. Very nice!

TheSeks

UFRA said:

Nice. I'm more proud of you copying my kill message style. :lol

TheSeks

I'm currently messing around in Rush with the UAV and Smoke dispenser. It's fucking HARD to land the smoke where you want it to be. Especially if you're moving. At least now I can sort-of see the smoke cans launching.

Also did a roadkill on a person that was coming to kill me. He sat still for a second while I chased him from behind. RAM!

TheSeks <Roadkill> Da_Mudkip

:lol :lol Whopping TWO roadkills with the UAV now.

Ocho

UFRA said:

That was epic. Kind of wish we had console for screenshots. :p

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
I'm currently messing around in Rush with the UAV and Smoke dispenser. It's fucking HARD to land the smoke where you want it to be. Especially if you're moving. At least now I can sort-of see the smoke cans launching.

Also did a roadkill on a person that was coming to kill me. He sat still for a second while I chased him from behind. RAM!

TheSeks <Roadkill> Da_Mudkip

:lol :lol Whopping TWO roadkills with the UAV now.

Can you get the roadkill pin with the UAV? It's the only pin I haven't got... it'll earn me 15000+ points to rank.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Can you get the roadkill pin with the UAV? It's the only pin I haven't got... it'll earn me 15000+ points to rank.

Yes. But roadkilling with the UAV is tricky and kinda hard. At least the hit-detection is fixed since I used it for the "roadkill a person with a helicopter" achievement/trophy.

Edit: And Fersis spawning on me while I'm sniping half-way across the map to third set Arica Harbor. And I'm like "WTF guy, I don't need the health pack. I NEED FLIPPING AMMO AND YOU AND MY SHITTY PUBLIC SQUAD AREN'T GIVING ME IT. FFFFFF."

TheSeks said:
Yes. But roadkilling with the UAV is tricky and kinda hard. At least the hit-detection is fixed since I used it for the "roadkill a person with a helicopter" achievement/trophy.

Edit: And Fersis spawning on me while I'm sniping half-way across the map to third set Arica Harbor. And I'm like "WTF guy, I don't need the health pack. I NEED FLIPPING AMMO AND YOU AND MY SHITTY PUBLIC SQUAD AREN'T GIVING ME IT. FFFFFF."
:lol :lol :lol

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:

Good because I keep driving through people on the quad and not getting any kills... one guy actually knifed me while I was turning it around.

If ever there was an appropriate time for the "Epic Fail" screen it was right then. :lol

snack

PC-GAF:

I put BFBC2 in my AVG exceptions and I still get lag when first spawning into a game. Is there a fix for this? It's so annoying!

snack said:
PC-GAF:

I put BFBC2 in my AVG exceptions and I still get lag when first spawning into a game. Is there a fix for this? It's so annoying!
couple things I can suggest is try another antivirus, I use avast with no issues, or maybe punkbuster needs an update. Go here, and download the exe, its pbsetup.exe, and run it. You should find bc2 in the game dropdown list. Now highlight bc2 once you add it, and click check for updates.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
snack said:
PC-GAF:

What did you add to the exceptions? Does turning the antivirus completely off fix the problem? I have AVG and although I don't remember a problem I appear to have added the BFBC2 folder in the my documents section to my exception list at some point.

Nabs

snack said:
PC-GAF:

step 1: get rid of avg

step 2: create an exception for gamesettings.ini (my documents\bfbc2)

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Came on late today to see nobody was playing, so I've played for an hour messing around. I really got to work on my teabagging skills.

Yeah I was on a bit earlier today around 9PM (7PM your time) and I played a bit of Conquest and Rush. I won all of the games, but got irritated with shenanigans of other players and having stupid teammates. Since no GAF members seemed to be showing up like they usually do, I abandoned BC2 for tonight lol.

When I was playing I did mostly clean up the spawn from spawn campers with horrible aiming. Horrible team on both ends. I can't believe they got overrunned by those weak ass spawn campers.

Marvie_3

Banned
Man, I wish there was a way to not play with Rank 50's. I'm not that good at this game and now that my rank has gotten over 30, I'm overmatched a lot. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Man, I wish there was a way to not play with Rank 50's. I'm not that good at this game and now that my rank has gotten over 30, I'm overmatched a lot. :lol
PC by any chance? There's quite a bit of "noob only" "less than 30 rank only" servers.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:

Crazy seks asking for ammo to a medic!

The Faceless Master said:
OMG, System Update right in the middle of a BC2 game!
System Update? PS3?

Spl1nter

Been so long since I played forgot how fun the game can be. After playing starcraft for the past 2 and a half months it is so much fun to play and be on skype with my friends just shooting the shit. The game pace is what you decide it to be so you can be taking it slowly or diving into the action.

Evolved1

I got a message from some guy on BC2 yesterday that said (no subject) "not bad your owned medal...thanks".

And I have no idea what that means. :lol

I think I'm going to start sending random gibberish messages to people on PSN now just to fuck with them. Worked on me.

I aced the game in question though... so maybe I saved his ass once? Or maybe I killed the other team's best player a few times? But I also got knifed once, so maybe that guy had my tags and was trying to shit talk incomprehensibly? I have no idea.

aristotle

recklessmind said:
I got a message from some guy on BC2 yesterday that said (no subject) "not bad your owned medal...thanks".

And I have no idea what that means. :lol

Sounds to me like he said "nice game" but it's hard to tell.

After playing MoH for the last few days, I wish more people I play BFBC2 with played this game. I think they would like the MP for the most part if they don't play sniper. With that being said, I'll hop back into BC2 this weekend to rank up again.

TheSeks

aristotle said:
After playing MoH for the last few days, I wish more people I play BFBC2 with played this game. I think they would like the MP for the most part

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Like the multiplayer... MOH... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bro, you can't flush out sniper hiding spots in that game, ergo the Grenade Launcher is useless as dirt. Maybe when DICE patches the multiplayer portion to be Frostbite 2.0 (You know... the engine it's running on that BC2 uses to the fullest), I'd consider it.

Evolved1

I've heard such bad things about MOH.

And there isn't destruction...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheSeks said:
Maybe when DICE patches the multiplayer portion to be Frostbite 2.0 (You know... the engine it's running on that BC2 uses to the fullest), I'd consider it.

Huh? BC2 uses FB 1.5.

Massa

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Like the multiplayer... MOH... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bro, you can't flush out sniper hiding spots in that game, ergo the Grenade Launcher is useless as dirt. Maybe when DICE patches the multiplayer portion to be Frostbite 2.0 (You know... the engine it's running on that BC2 uses to the fullest), I'd consider it.

BC2 is for the "Holy Shit that tank just destroyed the building... that I was inside of", MoH is for a more gunplay focused experience (at the detriment of the Holy Shit moments and squad tactics).

For example, I always wanted to play White Pass/Rush without Destruction 2.0, which ruins that map.

subversus said:
Huh? BC2 uses FB 1.5.

I guess he meant Destruction 2.0.

aristotle

TheSeks said:
Like the multiplayer... MOH...

Nice bit of trolling (also nice bit of editing my post to make what you said seem worthwhile). Sorry my opinion doesn't conform to yours. I play a bunch of different games for different reasons and I don't hold a loyalty to any of them. The gunplay in MoH is certainly better than in BC2. That's not a dig on BC2, it's just how it is. I was just stating that playing with more team-oriented people would make MoH a much better experience. Stop taking the piss. I've already stated several times in the MoH thread that there are definite issues they need to work on. You act like DICE made BC2 perfect day one. :lol

recklessmind said:
I've heard such bad things about MOH.

And there isn't destruction...
Not having destruction in a game isn't a big deal. You can still shoot through objects so I don't get what it is you're saying. Also, most of the bad things you've heard about MoH seem to be people looking to play the game like CoD. Most of the people who played BC2 and liked it have so far liked MoH. It's not without it's flaws, but some of the issues should be worked out over time just like with BC2 (which still has bugs they won't fix).

Deware80

Banned
TheSeks said:

You know the destruction is fantastic in BFBC2, and I can understand people not wanting to give MOH a shot, but from what I've seen the multiplayer as said before is just more gunplay focused. I say this because as a fan of "Rush", that mode feels so broken sometimes with all the C4ing, Anti-tank mines, Glicthes, and just cheesing in general. And switch over to Conquest, the vehicle whoring/spawn killing is just ridiculous at times. So I think it is nice to go back to playing the modes (or modes very similar to them) without so much damn cheesing/issues.

Now MOH is far from perfect as well, but its nice to play a game a little more tactical, alot less cheesing, and more gunplay instead of vehicle whoring. Just my 2 cents, BC2 still is one of my all-time favorites, so many holy shit moments.

Evolved1

aristotle said:
having destruction in a game isn't a big deal. You can still shoot through objects so I don't get what it is you're saying. Also, most of the bad things you've heard about MoH seem to be people looking to play the game like CoD. Most of the people who played BC2 and liked it have so far liked MoH. It's not without it's flaws, but some of the issues should be worked out over time just like with BC2 (which still has bugs they won't fix).

Hmm... my cousin is playing this right now. Maybe I'll check it out after all... I thought you couldn't shoot through shit.

mr_nothin

Banned
TheSeks said:

I flush out snipers all the time!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
aristotle said:
The gunplay in MoH is certainly better than in BC2. That's not a dig on BC2, it's just how it is.

Not having destruction in a game isn't a big deal. You can still shoot through objects so I don't get what it is you're saying.
I enjoyed the beta after spending some time with it, but for me, all the things that they removed from BC2 are the things that I really like - spotting, lots of vehicles, destruction, squads, distinct classes, explosives. I also prefer the gunplay in BC2, mainly because of the recoil, MoH felt too easy after coming from BC2, although I wish the damage model of MoH was in BC2. MoH is definitely a good game (in MP at least), and the beta has tempted me to get it down the line, but there aren't (m)any games out there that do what BC2 does on the scale it does (by which I mean small scale).

Evolved1

Is there any kind of VIP horseshit like in BC2?

I'll rent MOH to see if I like it before buying, but I'd rather not be locked out of content.

Evolved1

Well... that's that then.

Tomorrow I'm going to marathon BC2 because after class in the morning I have the day/night off. Can't wait.

Top Bottom