• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Despite all the down falls to Rush, I still love it. It takes me back to De_ maps in Counter Strike, but at least De_ maps in counter strike was balanced in a way that Terrorist has to attack or get tiny tiny tiny amount of prize money for camping instead of doing objectives.

the most hilarious part of that game just now on White Pass was how our own teammate was C4ing our crates and we blocked the doors to A so he couldn't get in and blew up his C4 so he suicided.

hahaha what the fuck? i went to GAF on the map loading screen and made 2 posts and we're already on the final set of Atacama Desert?!?!

edit: oh gee, the other team quit. again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
hahaha what the fuck? i went to GAF on the map loading screen and made 2 posts and we're already on the final set of Atacama Desert?!?!

They all left.

I was wondering why my idiot teammate was -1000.

That White Pass roundw was hilarious. They didn't bother to push, so I went "fuck it" pushed out, started to mow the trees down with THEIR machine gun, everyone else pushed out. They armed a few times but we disarmed and it was a long ticket bleed. :lol

Edit: And White Pass Attack I was 12-1 the 1 death being a suicide jump from the roof and not parachuting. FUCK. 12.00 KDR meanwhile. :lol Evolved's LMG doing work, son, among revives. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Faceless Master said:
the most hilarious part of that game just now on White Pass was how our own teammate was C4ing our crates and we blocked the doors to A so he couldn't get in and blew up his C4 so he suicided.

At one point I was the only one in the doorway he was trying to get through... I keep moving back and forth while he tried to juke me and then I pinned him to the side.

He backed up, tried to throw C4 and someone made him suicide! :lol

Crakatak187 said:
It all plays out the same.

Gaf owns the opposing team. Opposing team brings out massive Quad C4, Squad C4, UAV C4. I said I knew they were going to UAV C4. Proceed to spawn camp those cowards who stay in their base that doesn't attack conventionally.
:lol :lol :lol

and the worst part is they sqeeze out one, maybe two wins that way, then we return the favor in a steamroll type fashion and they quit. it's amazing how many teams are "good" at C4/Rocket attacks, but terrible at defending against them.

recklessmind said:
Conquest is worse for gaf... I mean we end up spawn slaughtering people in rush sometimes... conquest is just a series of opposing team rage quits.

Sometimes you get a good game or two but most of the time the other team quits.
especially on maps that are ripe for abuse... when i see Laguna Alta pop up in the rotation, i just hang my head in shame, because i know that unless they swarm and keep a base, some shit is going down.

dralla said:
all of the good maps are in Conquest anyway, play that instead.
the designer who thought it was a great idea for the Russian team to spawn in parachutes in Nelson Bay Conquest was. out. of. their. fucking. mind. i can only wonder how the other team feels when they spawn in the air and start getting shot.

TheSeks

Fuck Laguna. If most of GAF helps back me up at B in Port Valadez conquest and it's VADS defense, shit is going down left and right so long as I can keep that thing up toward A and their base for helicopter raising. :lol

I've sniped with the VADS before, it's awesome. :lol

TheSeks said:
They all left.

I was wondering why my idiot teammate was -1000.

That White Pass roundw was hilarious. They didn't bother to push, so I went "fuck it" pushed out, started to mow the trees down with THEIR machine gun, everyone else pushed out. They armed a few times but we disarmed and it was a long ticket bleed. :lol

Edit: And White Pass Attack I was 12-1 the 1 death being a suicide jump from the roof and not parachuting. FUCK. 12.00 KDR meanwhile. :lol Evolved's LMG doing work, son, among revives. :lol

i love how EVERY SINGLE TIME someone went on the UAV on White Pass, someone ran in there to knife them. well, except me, i just went up halfway and shot him and ran back in time!

TheSeks

Man, that Arica Harbor Conquest game sucked.

21 kills, 29 deaths. 8 of them because of stupid quick drawing Level 49-50's.

Fuck me. :|

The team we found after Atacama was pretty resilient. They took an ass beating for hours and didn't rage quit.

JM was the fleming guy from that clan yesterday? :lol

It was my idea to make him suicide with a C4 planted near the M-COM. Better kill him and damage it a bit then let him do massive damage.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
JM was the fleming guy from that clan yesterday? :lol

Yeah he was from the "KFF" clan that was super-cheesy on Thursday night.

Here's the events that took place:

Rewind - Thursday night, they cheese us, we lost. We cheese them. They all quit. I send FLEMiNGx626x (the guy who asked Crak if he could join GAF clan - probably just to make fun of us or something) the message "run away..."

Back to tonight. He finally replies:

FLEMiNGx626x: run away from what?

Me: Aren't you in that KFC clan or whatever in BC2? I was just admiring how you guys all quit after you lost when we used your own tactics against you.

FLEMiNGx626x: oh ur tht fagget who we knifed but cldnt knife us bak. why dnt u shut up and face us in a 4v4 rite now!

Me: But you were the one who quit and ran away from us, kid...

FLEMiNGx626x: that's rite pussy.! bakk the fuck up homiee and dnt tlk shit unless yu have sum guys to bakk yu up also. KFF will murder yur shit.!!!!!

Me: KFF - Kentucky Fried Fools?
(I was remaining family-friendly now that the Grief Reporting is in messages :lol)

FLEMiNGx626x: yu dnt even have a clan bitch so dnt be talking yur shit. get 3 other people together and handle this 4on4..we're readyy

Me: lol Why are you taking this so seriously, it's just a game...

FLEMiNGx626x: little bitchh get the fukk outta here!

Me: Out of where? Huh? What are you talking about?

FLEMiNGx626x: wut r u a fairy fuck that cant get no pussy, only dikk.? hahhha

Me: Goodnight friend-o. I'm done talking to you, kid.

:lol :lol :lol What a stereotypical internet douche. I typed his responses out word for word as he wrote them...ugh it hurts me to just read that "English" of his.

Run away :lol :lol :lol

This clan and other clan friend couldn't even handle the same tactics they used.

I like how they think knifing = own. I hope to see them again, but they'll just run away after losing a game.

Evolved1

Wait, so that illiterate retard who was talking shit to JM was the same guy who couldn't crate bash us, even though he was on our team, spawning in our base, and FF was off? I mean is it possible to fail any harder? :lol

Or am I mixed up? It's pretty early...

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Well either way both of them are still retarded. :lol

Most people outside of GAF are retarded in BC2. It's really no different.

But that transcript is sad. KFF really is made of sad fools that can't do anything but UAV C4.

If DICE took that out, they'd be steamrolled on attack AND defense pretty easy.

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
Got it mixed up. The bastard is from the 21th. The bastard today was I think YTT? Something like that.

Hey crak, sorry for taking the turret on the chopper on Isla last night. But I did get two more d 2.0 kills when i nuked one of the guard towers by A. :lol

TheSeks

I hate playing Atacama Conquest. It generally devolves into "TheSeks plays Base Police," for me. :|

That said, today was awesome. Fersis and Rockscar went to A/B/C and I stayed in the base later.

Someone tried to take our chopper, he didn't notice me in the stationary AT.

[GAF]TheSeks <Stationary AT> [YOU]DonGoofed

Sent him a message:

Subject: Guess you could...
Text: ...say, [YOU]DonGoofed trying to steal our chopper? :x

:lol

TheSeks said:
I hate playing Atacama Conquest. It generally devolves into "TheSeks plays Base Police," for me. :|

That said, today was awesome. Fersis and Rockscar went to A/B/C and I stayed in the base later.

Sent him a message:

then i thought YEEAAAAAHHH! from CSI lol

awesome stories Seks.

abuC

UFRA said:
Yeah he was from the "KFF" clan that was super-cheesy on Thursday night.

Here's the events that took place:

Rewind - Thursday night, they cheese us, we lost. We cheese them. They all quit. I send FLEMiNGx626x (the guy who asked Crak if he could join GAF clan - probably just to make fun of us or something) the message "run away..."

Back to tonight. He finally replies:

FLEMiNGx626x: run away from what?

Me: Aren't you in that KFC clan or whatever in BC2? I was just admiring how you guys all quit after you lost when we used your own tactics against you.

FLEMiNGx626x: oh ur tht fagget who we knifed but cldnt knife us bak. why dnt u shut up and face us in a 4v4 rite now!

Me: But you were the one who quit and ran away from us, kid...

FLEMiNGx626x: that's rite pussy.! bakk the fuck up homiee and dnt tlk shit unless yu have sum guys to bakk yu up also. KFF will murder yur shit.!!!!!

Me: KFF - Kentucky Fried Fools?
(I was remaining family-friendly now that the Grief Reporting is in messages :lol)

FLEMiNGx626x: yu dnt even have a clan bitch so dnt be talking yur shit. get 3 other people together and handle this 4on4..we're readyy

Me: lol Why are you taking this so seriously, it's just a game...

FLEMiNGx626x: little bitchh get the fukk outta here!

Me: Out of where? Huh? What are you talking about?

FLEMiNGx626x: wut r u a fairy fuck that cant get no pussy, only dikk.? hahhha

Me: Goodnight friend-o. I'm done talking to you, kid.

:lol :lol :lol What a stereotypical internet douche. I typed his responses out word for word as he wrote them...ugh it hurts me to just read that "English" of his.

How about I join their clan, and play with them, then you guys join our session and I'll make life hell for my clanmates by blowing crates, sitting in front of snipers, generally giving away positions with smoke grenades.

UFRA

abuC said:
How about I join their clan, and play with them, then you guys join our session and I'll make life hell for my clanmates by blowing crates, sitting in front of snipers, generally giving away positions with smoke grenades.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I like this idea.

Go for it abu, we'll give you your usual Mercenary pay, plus benefits and expenses on this one.

TheSeks said:

Sent him a message:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:

Sent him a message:

Its a really good Clan Tag + PSN ID combo. :lol

greenjerk said:
Hey crak, sorry for taking the turret on the chopper on Isla last night. But I did get two more d 2.0 kills when i nuked one of the guard towers by A. :lol
I hopped out willingly. No biggie. I had my Chopper moment with Faceless on Port Valdez anyways.

TheSeks

Wow, people all over the out of boundary area where I thought there was boundaries. WTF.

That Arica Rush game sucked, because they had a sniper they could spawn on in our base ALL the way up on the out of bound line. Stupid.

Yeah I seen that guy as well. He was at sniper hill out of the boundary in the left as I was driving up. That guy was sitting there.

Those guys ran away after the white pass game.

my connection has been hit or miss all night... and i'd like to give a shout out to the attackers who let up steal their chopper twice in one game. the best moment was when the chopper was traces and you guys landed it and hopped out waiting on the tracer to disappear, so i ran up, hopped in, fired a flare and ran off!

I stole it once on that game. I gave that idea to JM and Xuxly to hop off because I know they can't track it if nobody is in the chopper. JM didn't have smoke at the time.

TheSeks

I got in trying to get on the boat's roof. But there was no gunner so I went to town on ten dudes, JM had smoke equipped I guess so he couldn't take out the VADS or tank, leaving it to me.

They left after the White Pass game

I left because I wasn't going to stick around for them to defend our attempts to cheese and then our public people had thumbs up their asses to where we couldn't defend their cheese and they'd use creative use of the out of bounds lines.

Seriously, WTF is up with that out of bounds shit on Arica? Generally you'd die being in the area he was at. WTF.

The guy was sitting outside of the boundary also. I wonder how the hell did he do that. I was watching him the entire time before we got the first checkpoint inside the tank gunner. He didn't run back to the boundary after I shot him at first. He ran to the left further out of the boundary.

He definitely found a glitch in Arica harbor.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
The guy was sitting outside of the boundary also. I wonder how the hell did he do that. I was watching him the entire time before we got the first checkpoint inside the tank gunner. He didn't run back to the boundary after I shot him at first. He ran to the left further out of the boundary.

The WTF point for me was being sniped at the starting point by him and the textures being unmapped. I'm like "WHERE THE HELL IS HE FIRING FROM" as generally I can peg where they are on the map based on the textures. But nope, past the out of boundary point, DICE doesn't texture the map. So stupid. :|

153mg5l.jpg

That's where I've seen him. I could be wrong since I was on the road looking at a different angle then Seks.

What doesn't make sense is how did he survive sitting there without suicide. He didn't have time to run back into boundary from where I've seen him sitting.

Massa

Today someone killed me with the "Death" weapon, that was funny.

He was on a light car driving towards me, I killed him but his car killed me.

Calion

Massa said:
Today someone killed me with the "Death" weapon, that was funny.

He was on a light car driving towards me, I killed him but his car killed me.

Yeah, that usually happens when the driver jumps out before he road kills you. Happens to me from time to time.

olimpia84

Ohhh after so many days without playing this I jumped on back tonight. I was a little rusty but got the hang of it pretty fast. The faster I forget the controls/physics of that POS called MOH the better :D

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:

Knew the first, well not the boundary cutting thing but the later half. It makes you a sitting duck if the attackers notice, meanwhile.

The second was "when are they going to show the--oh, I've seen that bef--Oh, he's over the house up there. HOLY SHIT! BOUNDARY SHENANIGANS!"

Thid I've never seen before, and I think that's out since that "BETA?"

Fourth, I've seen from Faceless himself. Well not the method he's used to get up there, but I've seen him up there. He says there is another (harder) way up there that he uses during Conquest but that way they show in the video is easier to do in Rush (and only possible there because LOL CONQUEST BOUNDARIES).

I kinda wish DICE would patch the game to let you free roam the maps offline and practice with the vehicles and go all over the map. I wonder how their engine would handle no-boundaries. If it can't do that just run the normal game mode, but let the game go without another person on the enemy team. Just make the points in the "fuck around" mode not count.

Evolved1

The person in that first video has ADHD... or he's 5 years old.

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
I hopped out willingly. No biggie. I had my Chopper moment with Faceless on Port Valdez anyways.
yeah, thought i did that to you before though on Atamaca, not intentionally of course.

hopefully i'll be on later today or tonight. I watched ufc 121 last and was too tired to play.

Shuusui

Crakatak187 said:
Hmmm, are there any other paths like this? I found you can skirt along the side of Nelson Bay if you parachute on the ridge. Flank the enemy lines simply.

hylje said:
That worked on beta PS3/PC but did not work on retail. Though I have not touched properly in BC2 in couple months so can't confirm the current state.
I was doing this other the other day with some friends. Spawned on them while they were up there, and rained terror upon the defending team.

Crakatak187 said:
1st one, you used to actually be able to just jump over the back of that rock barrier in the beta, then then put an invisible wall there in the final game.

2nd one oh man, i died so many times doing it, mostly at the radio tower part because of the lack of time and having to double back around the radio tower, and then i see the guy just C4 the tree and run right up instead of having to go around the back... why didn't i think of that!

3rd one, you could only run up there like that in the beta, and the out of bounds area was wider in the PC beta, but you can still get up by driving a quad up or parking a vehicle near the ledge on the left and hopping off the roof of the vehicle. there's also a way to sprint and jump to the ledge, but it's really random.

4th one, oh man, if it were only that easy in Conquest.

TheSeks said:
Knew the first, well not the boundary cutting thing but the later half. It makes you a sitting duck if the attackers notice, meanwhile.

The second was "when are they going to show the--oh, I've seen that bef--Oh, he's over the house up there. HOLY SHIT! BOUNDARY SHENANIGANS!"

Thid I've never seen before, and I think that's out since that "BETA?"

Fourth, I've seen from Faceless himself. Well not the method he's used to get up there, but I've seen him up there. He says there is another (harder) way up there that he uses during Conquest but that way they show in the video is easier to do in Rush (and only possible there because LOL CONQUEST BOUNDARIES).

I kinda wish DICE would patch the game to let you free roam the maps offline and practice with the vehicles and go all over the map. I wonder how their engine would handle no-boundaries. If it can't do that just run the normal game mode, but let the game go without another person on the enemy team. Just make the points in the "fuck around" mode not count.
the harder way is the way you've seen me do it... with the tank. there's no other way up there in conquest that i know of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r5FfPvq-c0

sidenote: it's easier in the Bradley than the Bakhcha

abuC said:
Team GAF is about to come spilling out of those hills and raining death.

2f0dtlw.jpg
hell yea! i know aj/broken saw me suicide a ton of times doing that route in the early days, i feel bad now seeing the easy solution to the problem i always had in doing it... saves me from running back for the Blackhawk too.

Top Bottom