• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Eternal Sleeper said:
According to players on the ea US & UK forums, it seems like Black Ops have just left all the crappy players behind in BC2. People are popping up crazy k/d stories left and right...
Hmm I expected the other way around. Mainly the Wookies that sit back with campfire and smores.

1stStrike

Banned
poppabk said:
Only played the beta but its like they took BC2 and removed all the stuff that makes it really great - squads, vehicles, decent size maps, significant class differences etc.

I played the beta too, on PS3, and wasn't happy with it at all. Was hoping that they'd made improvements upon release though =\

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1stStrike said:
I played the beta too, on PS3, and wasn't happy with it at all. Was hoping that they'd made improvements upon release though =\
I played the PC beta that was out about a week before release.

I'll make it in for tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully my cough is out of the way by tomorrow. I hate congestion.

*Cough* ughhh *spits green crap*

Snowballo

Where are my SPECACTs?

Yesterday I talked with EA Chat Support in order to let them activate those 4 kits.
They told me they were able to activate those SpecAct by their sides, but when I got online nothing shown.

For people that have SpecAct, would you confirm that the kit include the yellow weapons (in the weapons menu) and 8 classes to choose from instead of the classic 4 classes? Any clue why I cannot see them evenif they should be activated now?

96453_specact.jpg

Thanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/18/harvest-day.aspx

i think it's coming before thanksgiving, blog title is: VIP Map Pack 7: Celebrate Harvest Day by Mowing Down the Opposition

4 flag conquest, diamond shape, shit just got real.

If this is true, it means later today (patches for PS3 generally roll out thursday evening) or next Tuesday when the PSN store updates (and is in the middle of GT5).

Either way they dated it REALLY horribly, they should've had it out two weeks ago.

After all the epic time I spent with the beta on pc and 360 earlier this year I am finally ready to buy this game, I was a bit of a fool to not bother with it at release but after playing some other shooters in my spare time I do miss the crazy fun I had with the beta :D plus I can grab the ultimate edition for £25 via a sale.

I would like to ask how the online community is doing, is there plenty of players? and do I need to be elite and keep dropping ammo or will I be flamed to kingdom come for forgetting to do something I am suppose to do? not saying I don't go repair as an engineer or drop ammo but sometimes playing lone wolf is fun, trolling snipers :p (at least it's how it was in the beta for me)

Is there many gaffers who still play in a group? would love to jump in.

Rawk Hawk

Snowballo said:
Where are my SPECACTs?

Yesterday I talked with EA Chat Support in order to let them activate those 4 kits.
They told me they were able to activate those SpecAct by their sides, but when I got online nothing shown.

For people that have SpecAct, would you confirm that the kit include the yellow weapons (in the weapons menu) and 8 classes to choose from instead of the classic 4 classes? Any clue why I cannot see them evenif they should be activated now?

http://www.bc2.com.au/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/96453_specact.jpg[IMG]

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it increased the classes to choose from, of course I do not have the SpecAct, but I was under the assumption it just gave you a different painted weapon, whatever the last unlockable weapon is for each class. I believe they came with a different outfit for when you used that weapon as well, but I could be wrong.

So if you used the M16 you'd be in outfit A, but if you used M16 SA you would be in outfit B, but still the same class.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
If this is true, it means later today (patches for PS3 generally roll out thursday evening) or next Tuesday when the PSN store updates (and is in the middle of GT5).

Either way they dated it REALLY horribly, they should've had it out two weeks ago.

Every game dated for November has been dated horribly.
But believe it or not, devs usually dont get to choose their release date on PSN.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/18/harvest-day.aspx

i think it's coming before thanksgiving, blog title is: VIP Map Pack 7: Celebrate Harvest Day by Mowing Down the Opposition

4 flag conquest, diamond shape, shit just got real.
When is this so called ¡thanksgiving day'?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
abuC said:
November 25th, Happy Native American Holocaust day!
From now on it will known as GT5 Day + 1

TheSeks said:
*eats the heart of AbuC for better FPS skills*
:lol
* om nom nom nom crunch om nom *
Take his tank skills.

Rawk Hawk said:
I didn't think it increased the classes to choose from, of course I do not have the SpecAct, but I was under the assumption it just gave you a different painted weapon, whatever the last unlockable weapon is for each class. I believe they came with a different outfit for when you used that weapon as well, but I could be wrong.

So if you used the M16 you'd be in outfit A, but if you used M16 SA you would be in outfit B, but still the same class.

the way it works is you have 8 classes to pick from

ASSAULT
ASSAULT+ (has SpecAct outfit)
ENGINEER
ENGINEER+
MEDIC
MEDIC+
RECON
RECON+

and then the SpecAct weapon shows up right after the final character specific weapon and before the 870 Shotgun in the weapon select menu.

PedYup

Putting the PS3 on the router DMZ enables me to play whole matches so I intend to play it this weekend (unless GT5 comes out first).

Massa

PedYup said:
Putting the PS3 on the router DMZ enables me to play whole matches so I intend to play it this weekend (unless GT5 comes out first).

What's your router? I have a Netgear WGR614v7 and had to do some voodoo to be able to play Bad Company 2, such as downgrading to an older firmware. Before I'd get an error message when trying to connect to any server 90% of the time, sometimes it took me half an hour to be able to join a game.

By the way, add me PS3 GAF: MassaBR.

TheSeks

I'll be on tomorrow if I'm not busy with Arc the Lad 1. :lol Been too busy these past few weeks, been burned out on the PS3 to where I've been doing casual matches on SSF4.

Maybe it's just me but for the past couple weeks on the 360 it seems like 90% of the games I get into are unbalanced as hell. There's nothing more awesome than having the opposing team capture every flag within about 2-3 minutes on Conquest and then getting spawn camped for the rest of the game. I've played fairly consistently since the game came out, and I am excited about the new stuff, but this shit has just been demoralizing. Enough so that I am thinking of quitting. I feel like I've hit a brick wall skill-wise anyway.

TheSeks

digita1alchemy said:
Maybe it's just me but for the past couple weeks on the 360 it seems like 90% of the games I get into are unbalanced as hell. There's nothing more awesome than having the opposing team capture every flag within about 2-3 minutes on Conquest and then getting spawn camped for the rest of the game. I've played fairly consistently since the game came out, and I am excited about the new stuff, but this shit has just been demoralizing. Enough so that I am thinking of quitting. I feel like I've hit a brick wall skill-wise anyway.

Sounds like public games. You should get a squad or two full of people you know/GAF/otherwise and play that way. Generally the games won't be as unbalanced or they tip in your favor.

It really depends on the skill level/team work of the team in general. If they don't have two people going to expand/cap a flag while some of the team stays on a flag or two, you're pretty much ASKING to be base camped.

TheSeks said:
Sounds like public games. You should get a squad or two full of people you know/GAF/otherwise and play that way. Generally the games won't be as unbalanced or they tip in your favor.

It really depends on the skill level/team work of the team in general. If they don't have two people going to expand/cap a flag while some of the team stays on a flag or two, you're pretty much ASKING to be base camped.

Pretty much. How many people on GAF play on the 360? I played with some people using the GAF BFBC2 tag a few times, but that's it. Seems like most people here play on the PS3.

Eternal Sleeper said:
According to players on the ea US & UK forums, it seems like Black Ops have just left all the crappy players behind in BC2. People are popping up crazy k/d stories left and right...

Honestly, THANK YOU BLACK OPS.
This is just like an awesome time to just boost k/d:lol
The oppositions are so weak (kudos to not using failing on C4s)

man, i can't believe how many times today a team decided to RPG/AT/C4/Tank Shell crates and then just end up failing, then when it gets done to them, they bail. Isla Inocentes was so ridiculous, they pulled off the classic "bail from the Blackhawk and drop C4 from the sky" and it ended up slowly working... then they got to the final base and pretty much didn't come over the hill. and i don't mean our defense was SUPER awesome (though it was pretty good) i mean they basically were satisfied with sitting on their side of the hill and engaging us when we came over the top.

TheSeks

man, i can't believe how many times today a team decided to RPG/AT/C4/Tank Shell crates and then just end up failing, then when it gets done to them, they bail. Isla Inocentes was so ridiculous, they pulled off the classic "bail from the Blackhawk and drop C4 from the sky" and it ended up slowly working... then they got to the final base and pretty much didn't come over the hill. and i don't mean our defense was SUPER awesome (though it was pretty good) i mean they basically were satisfied with sitting on their side of the hill and engaging us when we came over the top.

:lol :lol :lol So, basically, long game?

Fersis

I want my new maps!! ;___;
Come on !!!!!

Rawk Hawk

the way it works is you have 8 classes to pick from

ASSAULT
ASSAULT+ (has SpecAct outfit)
ENGINEER
ENGINEER+
MEDIC
MEDIC+
RECON
RECON+

and then the SpecAct weapon shows up right after the final character specific weapon and before the 870 Shotgun in the weapon select menu.

Interesting. Well that might answer my questions then, yesterday I kept seeing players with set ups that you can't get. Sniper outfit and rifle with medic gadgets or an M16 with a 12x scope and spot assist. Was very confused, but sounds like maybe if you have the SA pack you can mix and match more?

EDIT: Er nevermind, I see what you are saying now, I was thinking the SA weapons were in the all kits, the 870 threw me off, still early. Okay, then how does one get to us other gadgets and perks with different kits?

Fersis

Rawk Hawk said:
Interesting. Well that might answer my questions then, yesterday I kept seeing players with set ups that you can't get. Sniper outfit and rifle with medic gadgets or an M16 with a 12x scope and spot assist. Was very confused, but sounds like maybe if you have the SA pack you can mix and match more?

EDIT: Er nevermind, I see what you are saying now, I was thinking the SA weapons were in the all kits, the 870 threw me off, still early. Okay, then how does one get to us other gadgets and perks with different kits?
You can pick up kits from fallen soldiers. (Hold Circle on PS3)

EA Store said:
Nope. BFBC2: Vietnam is out in December (Dates yet to be confirmed). NFS: Hot Pursuit and Harry Potter DH Part 1 next week :)
Vietnam confirmed for December.

Rawk Hawk

Fersis said:
You can pick up kits from fallen soldiers. (Hold Circle on PS3)

I've picked up kits, but thought that changed everything except your outfit. How would someone have an assault rifle, in an assault outfit, but the 12x scopre and auto spotter, which I thought were recon only.

Not sure, didn't know if when hitting rank 50 some of this was allowed, but who knows. BTW I play on the 360 (JoachimMizrahi for anyone who is still playing on the 360).

Rawk Hawk said:
I've picked up kits, but thought that changed everything except your outfit. How would someone have an assault rifle, in an assault outfit, but the 12x scopre and auto spotter, which I thought were recon only.

Not sure, didn't know if when hitting rank 50 some of this was allowed, but who knows. BTW I play on the 360 (JoachimMizrahi for anyone who is still playing on the 360).
choices that modify the weapon stays on the weapon. stuff like scopes, shotgun slugs, etc

Rawk Hawk

choices that modify the weapon stays on the weapon. stuff like scopes, shotgun slugs, etc

Well maybe I messed up something (Or the 360 server did, I do normally get the You Lost when we won, or visa versa), but I had a guy yesterday kill me 3 times from an M16 SA with 12x scope and spot assist perks. Who knows, thanks for the info though.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Spl1nter said:
Highly doubt it will be on sale on steam anytime soon.
:sadface:

fine ill buy it after my exams end is that what you wanted to hear:lol
ill also start playing a lot more too, so hopefuly ill have more time to play with some gaffers :D

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Rawk Hawk said:
Well maybe I messed up something (Or the 360 server did, I do normally get the You Lost when we won, or visa versa), but I had a guy yesterday kill me 3 times from an M16 SA with 12x scope and spot assist perks. Who knows, thanks for the info though.
Yeah that shouldn't happen.

abuC

digita1alchemy said:

Just keep plugging away, I hit a wall a while ago and actually started playing really poorly for a stretch, then oneday everything started clicking again and I ended up even better.

Rawk Hawk said:
well, i don't know how they decide what specs show on the killcam screen, i'm just explaining how they could end up being mixed up due to the way things stack. under certain conditions, you can also load a shotgun's chamber up with as many shells as you can carry. there are quite a few quirks with the way specs are handled.

Rawk Hawk

poppabk said:
Yeah that shouldn't happen.
well, i don't know how they decide what specs show on the killcam screen, i'm just explaining how they could end up being mixed up due to the way things stack. under certain conditions, you can also load a shotgun's chamber up with as many shells as you can carry. there are quite a few quirks with the way specs are handled.

Gotcha, alright I'll keep that in mind, as I was punching my couch yesterday I was cursing them for clearly cheating, but I think you guys are right and it was just a quirk. :lol

TheSeks

Faceless got on and off today, so no one else is playing. :/

*goes to SSF4*

Top Bottom