• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Sale Game items. Sale ends today. Some good deals IMO.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Can someone explain the Lego Dimensions stuff to me?

Only the Level Packs add content, correct?

There's zero reason to get a Team Pack or Fun Pack unless you want that specific characters? Or do they also unlock levels/open world areas/anything else?

What do you guys recommend as essential?

I haven't used the fun packs yet. I can tell you that there is the main game in the starter pack. Level packs I know are self contained levels separated from main content by accessing another section of the main game "hub" map. There are things in main game and separate level area which can only be done by certain characters from various pack types. These characters can be "rented" with in game collected legs for short periods of time to accomplish a task or to give you a feel for playing as that character without a pack purchase.

hawk2025

I haven't used the fun packs yet. I can tell you that there is the main game in the starter pack. Level packs I know are self contained levels separated from main content by accessing another section of the main game "hub" map. There are things in main game and separate level area which can only be done by certain characters from various pack types. These characters can be "rented" with in game collected legs for short periods of time to accomplish a task or to give you a feel for playing as that character without a pack purchase.

So basically there is reason to get the different fun/team packs, then, to access new areas?

How do I know which ones would open new areas?

This is all very confusing to try and get into!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So basically there is reason to get the different fun/team packs, then, to access new areas?

Level packs and soon story packs open new levels or stories. They're independent of the "main story".

Fun and character packs are used to perform tasks specific to a character, however unless it is a character from a story or level pack, you don't actually NEED them. It's just for fun or completionist stuff for the most part. You can also access those characters for those optional tasks like breaking a lock or whatever by "renting" the using collected in game pegs. Rented characters are limited to a short time of use, like, 20 seconds for example.

IrishNinja

damn, think i'm in for Rodea (<3 for Naka), want Drake collection but i feel i can catch it for sub 20 before i'd wanna replay em at this point

Rodea the Sky Soldier Launch Edition WiiU might be worth picking up after work. I wanted to give it a shot but I know only the Wii version (which only the Launch Edition has) is worth it.

Digital aside, I have never seen a single non-launch-edition Rodea on Wii U. I'm pretty sure that's the only print run it got and it was probably a bit overproduced.

Good deal on a physical copy of the Wincher for PC, but I think I'll wait for that Game of the year or whatever edition. Which I hope means everything is on the disk so I don't have to download anything.

Went and picked up some stuff.

Just a side note but man is Best Buy's game section straight up garbage these days.

The selection is extremely limited and over 50% of the slots they have are just empty. It's pretty pathetic compared to what it used to be really. Looks like a crappy ass game section from CompUSA back in the early 00's or something.

Neonep

Just a side note but man is Best Buy's game section straight up garbage these days.

The selection is extremely limited and over 50% of the slots they have are just empty. It's pretty pathetic compared to what it used to be really. Looks like a crappy ass game section from CompUSA back in the early 00's or something.

Not too far from where I live there is a Fry's Electronics. I went expecting them to not really have anything. WRONG they had pretty much everything.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is Lego Dimensions going under too?

it makes sense though. no reason to order more stock of games that aren't really selling. if you really want something that's not in the store you can generally just order from them online.

still the best place (imo) to buy new games due to gcu.

Any pack will open up that franchise's hub world.

Level packs add levels along with a character and two vehicles.

Everything else just is like getting a new character, regardless of if it's a 1-pack or a 2-pack.

hawk2025

Any pack will open up that franchise's hub world.

Level packs add levels along with a character and two vehicles.

Everything else just is like getting a new character, regardless of if it's a 1-pack or a 2-pack.

Wait, so to open say, the Jurassic Park hub world I need at least one Jurassic Park character?

Does every character necessarily open a hub world, or do some franchises not have hubs?

I should get this $5 Slimer for example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J4LA66/?tag=neogaf0e-20

To get the Ghostbusters world?

Xamdou

Surprise this wasn't mentioned

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-strafe-rgb-mx-silent-gaming-keyboard-black/4370907.p?loc=0

Corsair - Strafe RGB MX Silent Gaming Keyboard - Black, $85(normal price is $130ish?)

Heads up for those looking for a keyboard, deal is up only for a day or so

I bought this keyboard a few months back for $100 when it was on sale at Bestbuy, and it is really enjoy it! The keyboard is much more quiet with each press compared to my old keyboard and this thing has limitless led back lighting possibilities!

Top Bottom